22 Pages V  « < 20 21 22  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> AC Milan pre-season match thread, Next Up: Milan - Inter - 25th July @ 13:00 CET

han2503
post Sep 5 2015, 08:19 AM
Post #316

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

I'm sorry Danny but I really don't understand where you're coming from with this.

You're talking like half the season is already gone and we're in 10th... "plain terrible", "turn this around" We're only 2 match days in!

Sure we've started the season shakily but not terribly.

Also, I don't get when you say that we're imbalanced this season yet last season we were balanced... We weren't balanced last season either and we had a worse midfield. We played a 4-3-3 with Honda on the wing, Menez as the false 9 and sometimes Bona or SES on the other wing...

Pippo played Muntari, Essien and De Jong all at once is some of the games. How was that balanced?

What's important right now for Miha is to try and make that midfield work at least until January, and the best way to do this is to play the best 4 combo we have and stick to it as much as possible, chopping and changing for each game won't help at all and will only create the same scenario as we had with Pippo.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Danny
post Sep 5 2015, 11:18 AM
Post #317

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 5 2015, 08:19 AM) *
I'm sorry Danny but I really don't understand where you're coming from with this.

You're talking like half the season is already gone and we're in 10th... "plain terrible", "turn this around" We're only 2 match days in!

Sure we've started the season shakily but not terribly.

Also, I don't get when you say that we're imbalanced this season yet last season we were balanced... We weren't balanced last season either and we had a worse midfield. We played a 4-3-3 with Honda on the wing, Menez as the false 9 and sometimes Bona or SES on the other wing...

Pippo played Muntari, Essien and De Jong all at once is some of the games. How was that balanced?

What's important right now for Miha is to try and make that midfield work at least until January, and the best way to do this is to play the best 4 combo we have and stick to it as much as possible, chopping and changing for each game won't help at all and will only create the same scenario as we had with Pippo.

I said it was balanced on paper. Never said Pippo selected the right players.

PS two matches gone and we are in 12th. That will get worse after the derby. And you can't make sh*t work, sorry.

And clearly you didn't watch either match if you don't think we started terribly. We played disgustingly in both matches. That we beat Empoli was down to Adriano and Bacca.

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Sep 5 2015, 12:52 PM
Post #318

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,786

Danny, I think you are a little more pessimistic than you should be. No doubt, we dont have a good squad, we could have had a better one with the same amount of money spent, but I wouldnt say it is ****.

Yes, we dont have a single creative midfielder, but that doesnt mean we cant balance the team. I dont think we aim to play with a possesive philosophy, bur rather play a more direct passing one, so as long as the players are mentally well and have decent passing skills we should be fine if they are able to play at a higher physical level and if we have some decent finishers. We have them both, since our players are quite young and also strong.

I dont know if you noticed, but the main problem that Mihajlovic has with the squad is the mental stature. He knows that De Jong is not Pirlo and Bertolacci is not Seedorf and they cant work miracles when it comes to long passing or making asists. But we expect from them to run the double of what Pirlo and Seedorf runned.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 5 2015, 02:52 PM
Post #319

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

I'm with Danny on this one.

Mediaset says that our midfield in the derby will be De Jong, Kucka if Bertolacci doesn't recover in time and one between Poli and Nocerino. Bonaventura behind the strikers. Can't you guys see the absolute mediocrity we have to deal with? Kucka, Poli and Nocerino contending two places, completely mediocre if not terrible players. And our trequartista, a vital role when you play 4-3-1-2 is frigging Bonaventura, whom might be above average, but is certainly not someone who can pull of with that role like it should be done properly.

This mercato has been, by far, the worst I've ever witnessed as a Milan fan. Because in the past we used to get the same quality of players, but we barely spent a penny. This time we spent almost 90M. 90!!!

#GallianiLeave

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 5 2015, 08:26 PM
Post #320

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 5 2015, 11:18 AM) *
I said it was balanced on paper. Never said Pippo selected the right players.

PS two matches gone and we are in 12th. That will get worse after the derby. And you can't make sh*t work, sorry.

And clearly you didn't watch either match if you don't think we started terribly. We played disgustingly in both matches. That we beat Empoli was down to Adriano and Bacca.

I don't think it was balanced on paper, at all. Just like it isn't balanced this season

You know, I was probably the most negative poster here during the summer. I saw that Galliani was once again repeating the same old mistakes he's done countless times now. And what I was afraid of from the get-go ended up happening.

However, it is what it is now and no one can change it, not even the idiot who put us in this situation in the first place. At least not until January. So with that said, and even though I'm just as p!ssed off about how things turned out as you are, it's time we get behind the team and stop crying over spilt milk.

As I said, it's 2 games, 3 points so far. 3 official matches, 2 wins and 1 loss. It's not a great start by any means, but it's not the apocalyptic event you're painting it out to be either.

And yes, I watched all our matches so far, and yes, you're also right the performances have been generally bad. But for now I'm hopeful that Miha can at least get them to function as a unit, which is our biggest issue. Will it win us the points against the top sides? Probably not unless we have some serious luck on our side. But do I think that we'll be winning the points that on paper we should be? I believe that we will.

I wanted us to jump immediately back into the CL, that's why I was so desperate for Ibra to come. But now we'll have to have more moderate expectations; being the EL, which is what you wanted us aiming for anyway. And if we do win the points that we should win on paper, then imo we will get there.

QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Sep 5 2015, 12:52 PM) *
I dont think we aim to play with a possesive philosophy, bur rather play a more direct passing one,

Problem is that we're going for the former. Mostly to try and satisfy Silvio's penchant for Champaign football when we don't have the players for it.

Bertolacci and Bona are the epitome of direct players. Like you said, it's pointless to go for possession tiki taka type stuff when we don't have the players for it

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 5 2015, 02:52 PM) *
I'm with Danny on this one.

Mediaset says that our midfield in the derby will be De Jong, Kucka if Bertolacci doesn't recover in time and one between Poli and Nocerino. Bonaventura behind the strikers. Can't you guys see the absolute mediocrity we have to deal with? Kucka, Poli and Nocerino contending two places, completely mediocre if not terrible players. And our trequartista, a vital role when you play 4-3-1-2 is frigging Bonaventura, whom might be above average, but is certainly not someone who can pull of with that role like it should be done properly.

This mercato has been, by far, the worst I've ever witnessed as a Milan fan. Because in the past we used to get the same quality of players, but we barely spent a penny. This time we spent almost 90M. 90!!!

#GallianiLeave

Miha's personal issues with Monto will hurt us this season.

Hate him as much as you do, he's a better option than either Poli or Nocerino (who shouldn't even step onto the field for us). At least ha can actually make a proper pass.

Midfield should be Berto, De Jong, Monto, Bona and Miha should stick with that as much as possible, continually changing things around will be counter productive. I seriously hope we're not in for a situation similar to what we had last season with Pippo where he changes the team each week. How will the players build a rapport and understanding with each other if we never play with the same 11?

+Quote Post

Danny
post Sep 6 2015, 01:41 AM
Post #321

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 5 2015, 08:26 PM) *
I don't think it was balanced on paper, at all. Just like it isn't balanced this season

You know, I was probably the most negative poster here during the summer. I saw that Galliani was once again repeating the same old mistakes he's done countless times now. And what I was afraid of from the get-go ended up happening.

However, it is what it is now and no one can change it, not even the idiot who put us in this situation in the first place. At least not until January. So with that said, and even though I'm just as p!ssed off about how things turned out as you are, it's time we get behind the team and stop crying over spilt milk.

Bit hypocritical when you refused to stop whining about Muntari, Allegri, Essien etc etc.

If I wanna moan I bloody will (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

As I said, it's 2 games, 3 points so far. 3 official matches, 2 wins and 1 loss. It's not a great start by any means, but it's not the apocalyptic event you're painting it out to be either.

It's three bad displays.

And yes, I watched all our matches so far, and yes, you're also right the performances have been generally bad. But for now I'm hopeful that Miha can at least get them to function as a unit, which is our biggest issue. Will it win us the points against the top sides? Probably not unless we have some serious luck on our side. But do I think that we'll be winning the points that on paper we should be? I believe that we will.

I just cannot see how Miha can get success from a squad which isn't built for any particular formation.

I wanted us to jump immediately back into the CL, that's why I was so desperate for Ibra to come. But now we'll have to have more moderate expectations; being the EL, which is what you wanted us aiming for anyway. And if we do win the points that we should win on paper, then imo we will get there.

If we make top 5 I will kiss your crazy Maltese face.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 6 2015, 02:24 PM
Post #322

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 6 2015, 01:41 AM) *
Bit hypocritical when you refused to stop whining about Muntari, Allegri, Essien etc etc.

If I wanna moan I bloody will (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Those were individuals who ultimately did nothing but be liabilities to the club

You're moaning about the whole team when it's still too early. I mean if we're in December and we're in a similar position to what we were last season, then sure, moan away. But, I repeat, it's still too early to completely throw in the towel like you're doing now

It's three bad displays.

3?

We played 3 official games, and looked pretty good in the Coppa game, the opposition being less than stellar that is.

Yes we've looked bad in the league, but we still have 3 points so far. We'll see how we do in the derby. I'm personally optimistic considering how we played against Inter in the summer and having watched a good few minutes of both their 2 opening games.

I just cannot see how Miha can get success from a squad which isn't built for any particular formation.

I'm not talking about success. I'm talking about winning the points we should be winning. We have decent players in midfield, not great or creative masters, they're all very direct players. So if Miha can find a way to play to their strengths. Pick his best 4 from the side and stick with them, we should be able to do enough against most sides in the league barring the obvious ones.

The loss against Fiorentina was a blow because imo we have a better side than their, but we started badly, Miha imo picked the wrong players and going down to 10 so early killed any hope of even getting a draw.

However, I'm hoping and choosing to believe that Miha will be willing to learn from his mistakes and be able to build a proper unit from these players which is something we haven't had since Carlo

If we make top 5 I will kiss your crazy Maltese face.

We'll see. I think EL is the best we can hope for, and as I said, if we win the points that we should, we'll get there

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 21 2015, 04:49 PM
Post #323

Milan-Inter in 10 minutes for the Troefeo Berlusconi. Not gonna watch, but this the line-up:

Donnarumma; De Sciglio, Mexes, Romagnoli, Antonelli; Poli, De Jong, Bertolacci; Cerci, Luiz Adriano, Honda.

I can't believe how craptastic players like Cerci and Honda get a free pass whereas Suso is ALWAYS relegated after ONE bad performance. First Pippo, now Miha. Meh. I'm not asking much damn it, just a few consecutive games to establish his potential.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 21 2015, 05:35 PM
Post #324

Bertolacci out for distortion. Gotta love these useless friendlies.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 21 2015, 05:49 PM
Post #325

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Just watched the last 20 minutes of the half, we'd already conceded but we looked okay.

Hopefully he's using the Mexes-Romagn duo as a warm up before the Sassuolo game

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  « < 20 21 22
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 07:39 PM