> Serie A - Final Match - Cagliari - Milan, Date: 28/05/17 Time: 15:00 CET

Jack Sparrow
post May 24 2017, 02:01 PM
Post #106

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

This whole we are Milan and believing we are entitled to shite without the work and talent behind it was probably a big reason why we landed in this mess.

Let them celebrate. It was a hard fought season considering the level of the players we had and it does look like we're moving up from rockbottom. Let's just hope this isn't a false dawn.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Danny
post May 24 2017, 03:55 PM
Post #107

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

For me rock bottom is UCL winning-esque celebrations for making the third round of UEL qualifers.

Didn't see Utd celebrating like this when they got to the final the other week from a similar pickle to us. In fact, didn't see them celebrate at all.

We've become small time if this is big. And that's sad.

+Quote Post

Danny
post May 24 2017, 03:58 PM
Post #108

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ May 24 2017, 02:01 PM) *
This whole we are Milan and believing we are entitled to shite without the work and talent behind it was probably a big reason why we landed in this mess.

No, the reason we landed in this mess is Silvio released and sold our full team in 2012 without any plan for replacing them.

It is that simple. It was exacerbated by us resting on our laurels in 2011 by doing nothing with our Scudetto win.

We are entitled to be special. We are Milan. We have to work hard, yes, but that goes with being special. Being special alone isn't enough. But we are one of the few clubs supposed to be special on top of the hard work. But we threw it away and our fans just seem to have accepted that.

Ugh.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post May 24 2017, 04:21 PM
Post #109

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

^^Yeah exactly. Silvio took this team from nowhere to win something. That winning Milan doesn't exist. It died 5 years ago. This is a new one, and is finding it's feet. United haven't been dragged through shite for years the way we have, nor have they run without money ever. This isn't a fair comparison. Liverpool would be a better comparison with Milan.

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 24 2017, 08:13 PM
Post #110

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Danny @ May 24 2017, 12:32 AM) *
Unfortunately Montella DID take part in all this and is supposed to be the guy taking us back to the big time with shiny new players. This was small time behaviour and I really wonder if he's cut out to be manager.

When I look at that photo all I can do is think Carlo. And weep softly.

Danny, you are simply looking too much into things. Montella has proven that he can do something with this team of in-betweens. Which is far more than any of our last 4 coaches have managed to do

And for what it's worth, he didn't want the players to lift him and tried to dissuade them. Also, a coach over-celebrating really has nothing to do with his character or know-how. Look at Conte, he goes bonkers any time his team scores but he's one of the world's best coaches. You don't hear anyone saying that it is beneath him

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ May 24 2017, 02:01 PM) *

Let them celebrate. It was a hard fought season considering the level of the players we had and it does look like we're moving up from rockbottom. Let's just hope this isn't a false dawn.

Agreed

QUOTE (Danny @ May 24 2017, 03:55 PM) *
For me rock bottom is UCL winning-esque celebrations for making the third round of UEL qualifers.

Didn't see Utd celebrating like this when they got to the final the other week from a similar pickle to us. In fact, didn't see them celebrate at all.

We've become small time if this is big. And that's sad.

United have a team filled with stars that they've spent hundreds of millions on. I don't think the situations are the same tbh

QUOTE (Danny @ May 24 2017, 03:58 PM) *
No, the reason we landed in this mess is Silvio released and sold our full team in 2012 without any plan for replacing them.

It is that simple. It was exacerbated by us resting on our laurels in 2011 by doing nothing with our Scudetto win.

We are entitled to be special. We are Milan. We have to work hard, yes, but that goes with being special. Being special alone isn't enough. But we are one of the few clubs supposed to be special on top of the hard work. But we threw it away and our fans just seem to have accepted that.

Ugh.

Sure, but OTT celebrating really has no bearing on how the team is viewed or how we move forward now that we have management that is willing to invest in this team to take it back to where it belongs

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 25 2017, 12:06 AM
Post #111

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Agreed on all accounts Han (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post May 25 2017, 02:54 AM
Post #112

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 12,353

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 25 2017, 01:06 AM) *
Agreed on all accounts Han (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Yup, me too.

Let the team celebrate, most of them will be gone anyway, and the ones that stay can use the confidence boost. I manage people for a living, and it pays off to celebrate the little things *especially* when you do not have big things to celebrate.

True, barely making EL (mostly thanks to Inter doing worse than us) is not something to be particularly proud of. But, let's face it, we have sunk real low in the last decade, and we are not going to go back to winning CL overnight. Rather, we will need to re-build a step at a time, so we better content ourselves with small triumphs before we can hope of experiencing the big ones again. And all in all, this year was a success, considering the quality of the squad and all of the drama surrounding it.

Bottom line, I see no reason to be depressed. Now, if we end up like Inter, sinking real money in the team and not even making EL, then we would be justified in feeling let down.

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 25 2017, 09:17 AM
Post #113

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ May 25 2017, 02:54 AM) *
Yup, me too.

Let the team celebrate, most of them will be gone anyway, and the ones that stay can use the confidence boost. I manage people for a living, and it pays off to celebrate the little things *especially* when you do not have big things to celebrate.

True, barely making EL (mostly thanks to Inter doing worse than us) is not something to be particularly proud of. But, let's face it, we have sunk real low in the last decade, and we are not going to go back to winning CL overnight. Rather, we will need to re-build a step at a time, so we better content ourselves with small triumphs before we can hope of experiencing the big ones again. And all in all, this year was a success, considering the quality of the squad and all of the drama surrounding it.

Bottom line, I see no reason to be depressed. Now, if we end up like Inter, sinking real money in the team and not even making EL, then we would be justified in feeling let down.

Yep, couldn't have said it any better

+Quote Post

Danny
post May 25 2017, 03:45 PM
Post #114

Allievi Nazionali

I don't feel let down.

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 28 2017, 01:57 PM
Post #115

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

The final match before the new era starts

Let's all savour this last moment of mediocrity (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post May 28 2017, 02:29 PM
Post #116

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 12,353

Not starting out too well

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 28 2017, 02:37 PM
Post #117

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ May 28 2017, 02:29 PM) *
Not starting out too well

I think everyone is already thinking about the beach at this point, I was personally expecting this

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 28 2017, 03:09 PM
Post #118

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Sure, but we're piss poor again. At least the players who are waving goodbye or the undecided should try something.

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 28 2017, 03:33 PM
Post #119

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 28 2017, 03:09 PM) *
Sure, but we're piss poor again. At least the players who are waving goodbye or the undecided should try something.

I think the management are pretty decided on who's staying and who's going. And I think 75% of the players currently on the pitch won't be here next season and they know it

Add to that, we haven't got anything left to play for at this point either

Bacca missed the penalty as well. He can't even score from off the spot now. How many missed penalties does this make it for us this season? 4 or 5?

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 28 2017, 03:42 PM
Post #120

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Paletta red, a fitting end to his season. The number of red cards him and Kucka have racked up this season is embarrassing. Good riddance and I hope he won't be here next season to disgrace the shirt any further

Edit

@TheMilanBible OFFICIAL: Paletta has equalled Luigi Appoloni's record for most red cards in a single Serie A season, with 5 red cards.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 01:36 AM