Milan Are Brilli...
post May 24 2008, 08:18 PM
Post #31

Berretti
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 90

250/1 on Man City...?

Might be worth a flutter, new manager, big budget you never know (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post May 26 2008, 01:42 AM
Post #32

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (Kaka Is Brilliant @ May 24 2008, 07:18 PM)
250/1 on Man City...?

Might be worth a flutter, new manager, big budget you never know  (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

I'm still trying to work out which manager is brain dead enough to actually go to Man City. McClown maybe?

Boro's new home kit.. is it just me, or does this look really, really gay? (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)
(IMG:http://www.mfc.premiumtv.co.uk/javaImages/98/d8/0,,1~3659928,00.jpg)

+Quote Post

Tennie
post May 26 2008, 01:44 AM
Post #33

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

So....will Joey Barton play next year? He's got what? Six months of jail time now?

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post May 26 2008, 01:46 AM
Post #34

Prima Squadra

I'm not sure any team is stupid enough to want him anymore, then again, he does play for Newcastle. Up there he's probably seen as the new Maradona.

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post May 26 2008, 01:56 AM
Post #35

7th Heaven

Member No.: 821

Bristol City - Hull -- match report

wat a story!... really happy for them, and hope they make something of the opportunity.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post May 26 2008, 01:59 AM
Post #36

Prima Squadra

I'm not sure if it's Hull or Stoke that said they won't spend much, as they don't want to be in any financial trouble if they were to get relegated straight away - talk about optimism! They obviously haven't learned from Derby, that's exactly what they did, and they became a joke because of it.

+Quote Post

Milan Are Brilli...
post May 26 2008, 02:02 AM
Post #37

Berretti
Group Icon

QUOTE (arivanjj @ May 26 2008, 12:56 AM)
Bristol City - Hull -- match report

wat a story!... really happy for them, and hope they make something of the opportunity.

Having been living in Bristol I've heard nothing but this for weeks!

To be honest neither really should be in the EPL they don't have the quality to do anything. Yes they have £50mil but I think there's more chance of me playing for Milan than them staying up next season.

In a few seasons Nottingham Forest, QPR and Leeds will be up there, teams that have a chance of staying up. The only other team I would have seen having a chance to stay up in the play-off's was Watford. Even they were useless towards the end of the season.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post May 26 2008, 02:51 AM
Post #38

Prima Squadra

Reckon West Brom will stay up, easily the best team in the Championship, and went out to a dodgey goal in the FA Cup (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Hopefuly they fall apart and break Derbys worst points record though, that'd be nice.

Chelsea will offer up to £50million in an audacious bid to sign Liverpool striker Fernando Torres.

Stamford Bridge owner Roman Abramovich is ready to smash the world transfer record to land the 24-year-old Spaniard.

Abramovich was prepared to pay that much for Thierry Henry when he first took over at Chelsea and he has given chief executive Peter Kenyon permission to offer the same amount for a brilliant marksman who scored 33 goals in his debut season at Anfield.

In sacrificing Avram Grant, Roman finds himself back at the Colosseum
Grant's chance to spill the beans on Chelsea exit as Abramovich begins search for successor

Avram Grant was sacked as Chelsea's manager on Saturday and the search now begins for his successor, with Guus Hiddink and Frank Rijkaard among the favourites to take over.

But it is understood the club will continue to pursue those players Grant identified prior to his dismissal - and Torres was top of his wish list, with the Barclays Premier League and Champions League runners-up happy to take advantage of the chaos at Liverpool.

Chelsea believe they have a chance of pulling off one of the most extraordinary transfer coups in football history which could beat the world record fee of £46m Real Madrid paid Juventus for France midfielder Zinedine Zidane in 2001.

"There is a desire among certain people at Liverpool to sell at the right price," said an insider last night. "It's just a case of whether they have the nerve to incur the wrath of the Liverpool fans."

Disruption reigns at Anfield, with the ownership of the club as well as the future of manager Rafa Benitez and chief executive Rick Parry uncertain.

Tom Hicks says he is desperate to raise funds to take sole control and the sale of Torres only a year after he arrived from Atletico Madrid for £23m could be good business.

Benitez: will raise strong objections if owner Tom Hicks decides to cash in on Torres

Benitez will not think so and agreeing to sell could add more tension. The Liverpool manager claims a lack of resources means his side will again be fighting against the tide for the title next term.

He said: "It's more difficult because after two years of Chelsea winning the league and spending big money, United needed to do the same. They started spending big money, and Arsenal were also spending big money on young players.

"We're trying to do the same but it's more difficult to catch up. We'll do our best. The key is to not talk about the title."

But his objections regarding the sale of Torres may not hold sway and it would represent good business for Chelsea as well as Hicks because striker Didier Drogba is up for sale.

As well as Jose Bosingwa - who has agreed to join Chelsea for £16m - Grant identified AC Milan's Kaka and Real Madrid's Robinho.

Like Torres, Kaka is an ambitious target and someone Milan have said they are not prepared to sell. But Chelsea will attempt to lure the World Player of the Year by offering Drogba, Ricardo Carvalho and possibly even money in return.

Chelsea do not envisage the next manager objecting but they want to make an appointment quickly.

Rijkaard has long been considered the favourite and the football he produced at Barcelona to win the Champions League in 2006 impressed Abramovich.

But there are concerns about the strength of his leadership and Chelsea could turn to someone like the experienced Hiddink.

The return of Jose Mourinho has been dismissed but among other possible targets are Luiz Felipe Scolari, Marcello Lippi, Mark Hughes and Sven Goran Eriksson.

Daily Mail

Haven't got a link. Found it on Liverpools' Red and White Kop forum.

The worrying thing for Liverpool fans is that Hicks seems to see them as a business, not a football team, especially as he's "looking to raise cash". And he'd be making £27m on Torres, which would be good business. It'd be wonderful if they sold him, just wonderful.

+Quote Post

Milan Are Brilli...
post May 26 2008, 02:52 AM
Post #39

Berretti
Group Icon

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 26 2008, 01:51 AM)
The worrying thing for Liverpool fans is that Hicks seems to see them as a business, not a football team, especially as he's "looking to raise cash". And he'd be making £27m on Torres, which would be good business. It'd be wonderful if they sold him, just wonderful.

They're Scousers, if Torres got sold for that reason, there would be well you know what they're like...

+Quote Post

Tennie
post May 26 2008, 02:56 AM
Post #40

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

The English tabloids are awfully entertaining. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I liked the 'Drogba + Carvalho + money for Kaka' bit.

EDIT: Waitasec.....Kurt, what were you doing on a Scouser forum? (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

dst will want to have you decontaminated now! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/96.gif)

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post May 26 2008, 02:58 AM
Post #41

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (Kaka Is Brilliant @ May 26 2008, 01:52 AM)
They're Scousers, if Torres got sold for that reason, there would be well you know what they're like...

I'd expect something like this:
Scouser 1: "Wha' tha f*ck is goin' on, like!? You can't do tha, Hicks! Ya b*stard!"
Scouser 2: "Eh boss, calm down, calm down. We can jus' go back an' steal him, like."
Scouser 1: "Oh yeah, sound."

EDIT: I was on their forum mainly to see what they think on the Barry thing, plus they're a team with alot going on at the moment, so it's a good read. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

This post has been edited by kurtsimonw: May 26 2008, 02:59 AM

+Quote Post

Milan Are Brilli...
post May 26 2008, 03:04 AM
Post #42

Berretti
Group Icon

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 26 2008, 01:58 AM)
I'd expect something like this:
Scouser 1: "Wha' tha f*ck is goin' on, like!? You can't do tha, Hicks! Ya b*stard!"
Scouser 2: "Eh boss, calm down, calm down. We can jus' go back an' steal him, like."
Scouser 1: "Oh yeah, sound."

(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Oh so true.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post May 26 2008, 03:42 PM
Post #43

Prima Squadra

Av dad: It's anti-Jewish

AVRAM GRANT’S father claims Chelsea sacked his son because Roman Abramovich caved in to anti-Jewish critics.

Meir Granat, whose family were victims of the Holocaust, believes Abramovich bowed to anti-Semitic feelings against Grant — despite the Blues’ owner being a Russian Jew himself.

Outraged Granat, 80, said: “I have never met Roman Abramovich and I don’t know him. But I was sure that, as a Jew, he would support Avram.

“Yet Abramovich was probably influenced by the anti-Semites and could not stand the pressure of the negativity against Avram and the publicity against him.”

It was an astonishing attack, though not the first time anti-Semitic claims have been raised.

Grant’s agent Pini Zahavi recently argued anti-Semitism was having an influence on his client’s chances of staying at the club.

And Grant has also received death threats linked to his background.

Grant pleaded for his job at a 2½-hour meeting at Abramovich’s London mansion on Saturday.

A pal said: “He is very hurt and disappointed by what has happened. He knows certain members of the board always wanted to get rid of him.”

The Sun

Yawn. Really pathetic, you're just being petty when you pull the religion card. But I agree, it must clearly be anti-Jewish stuff as to why he's been sacked, that's why no Jewish players like Ben Haim play for Chelsea. Oh, wait.. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

Milan Are Brilli...
post May 26 2008, 07:46 PM
Post #44

Berretti
Group Icon

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 26 2008, 02:42 PM)
Yawn. Really pathetic, you're just being petty when you pull the religion card. But I agree, it must clearly be anti-Jewish stuff as to why he's been sacked, that's why no Jewish players like Ben Haim play for Chelsea. Oh, wait.. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) This makes me laugh.

It sounds like what a kid would say in a school class.

+Quote Post

183 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 07:05 PM