Reply to this topicStart new topic
> This season's ambitions?

kurtsimonw
post Aug 21 2014, 02:06 PM
Post #31

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

I do think it's a bit outdated though. Width and pace is so important in todays game, so unless you have truly elite full backs to offer that width, playing a narrow 4-3-1-2 is going to be a struggle for the most part.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 21 2014, 02:56 PM
Post #32

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 21 2014, 02:06 PM) *
I do think it's a bit outdated though. Width and pace is so important in todays game, so unless you have truly elite full backs to offer that width, playing a narrow 4-3-1-2 is going to be a struggle for the most part.

Even with wingers we still don't attack with any pace as the midfield is as dumb as a door nail. Wingers can give you width and creativity but only if the midfield can get them involved in the game, I personally prefer the diamond for us, we were never a side that made wingers work properly, and I can't see Pippo doing it any time soon either.

As for the season's ambitions, I think Galliani proved where they are today by selling our best player on the cheap, they're basically in the toilet. I personally can't see us further ahead than the top 10 teams this season.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 21 2014, 03:13 PM
Post #33

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 21 2014, 01:34 PM) *
As recently as 2007 it was our system and we had a back 4.

2007 is not recently, it's 7 years ago. That's a long time.

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Aug 21 2014, 04:10 PM
Post #34

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,230

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 21 2014, 03:05 PM) *
Any formation with a trequartista behind two strikers is dead in the world of today's football, unless you're going with a 3-man defense formation that allows you to have more push from the wing-backs.

That's perhaps what Milan should do.

Honda, trequarista. Behind the two forwards: El Shaarawy (may come from the left) and Balotell (if staying).
Armero, left wingback. You can have Abate as right wingback. De Sciglio should fit as leftcentral defender.
De Jong and either Cristante or Poli behind Honda. This way no 'need' for Muntari (backup for De Jong).

It seems the only way to have all the (good) players in positions they fit into.

This post has been edited by CHU-LIP: Aug 21 2014, 04:11 PM

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Aug 21 2014, 04:28 PM
Post #35

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

A 3 man defence is very difficult to implement and to coach. I'm not sure our players could handle it.

I believe a 4-3-1-2 is not as bad you're saying. Of course it depends to a large extent on the quality of the mid-field three. Man-Marking one trequartista doesn't shut down that system like you suggested. It only does so, if he is the only quality player you have in that squad.

Anyway, now this primarily puts Pazzo as our main striker. Jackson Martinez, Hernandez, in fact everyone we're linked to are all pure number 9 strikers. Looks like this is what Pippo wants.

Probably Pazzini would play better with Stephan and hypothetically Cerci?

Meanwhile rumours are that the Dzemaili deal will get done for 2.5 to 3 million euros. That's a good price. Much better than the 5 million I heard of initially.

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Aug 21 2014, 04:40 PM
Post #36

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,230

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Aug 21 2014, 06:28 PM) *
A 3 man defence is very difficult to implement and to coach. I'm not sure our players could handle it.

I believe a 4-3-1-2 is not as bad you're saying. Of course it depends to a large extent on the quality of the mid-field three. Man-Marking one trequartista doesn't shut down that system like you suggested. It only does so, if he is the only quality player you have in that squad.

Anyway, now this primarily puts Pazzo as our main striker. Jackson Martinez, Hernandez, in fact everyone we're linked to are all pure number 9 strikers. Looks like this is what Pippo wants.

Probably Pazzini would play better with Stephan and hypothetically Cerci?

Meanwhile rumours are that the Dzemaili deal will get done for 2.5 to 3 million euros. That's a good price. Much better than the 5 million I heard of initially.

With the current squad, 4-3-1-2 doesn't sound that bad. It depends on who you're going to field.

If you play Armero in the midfield three, you'll create more width by doing so.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Aug 22 2014, 12:12 AM
Post #37

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Aug 21 2014, 05:10 PM) *
That's perhaps what Milan should do.

Honda, trequarista. Behind the two forwards: El Shaarawy (may come from the left) and Balotell (if staying).
Armero, left wingback. You can have Abate as right wingback. De Sciglio should fit as leftcentral defender.
De Jong and either Cristante or Poli behind Honda. This way no 'need' for Muntari (backup for De Jong).

It seems the only way to have all the (good) players in positions they fit into.

I'd be fine with this.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th May 2024 - 05:40 PM