> Juan (Leverkusen): Let me join Milan

Portman
post Mar 25 2007, 07:43 PM
Post #1

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 347

Juan (Leverkusen): Let me join Milan 

(IMG:http://mediamob.co.kr/FDS/newBlogContent/2006/0519/sopfa20/Juan.jpg)

Sunday 25 March, 2007 ::: channel4.com

The Selecao is becoming a Rossoneri hunting ground after Juan also stated his desire to join Milan next season.

“My dream would be to join Milan,” he told the ‘Corriere dello Sport’. “They are a great club – the best, in fact.”

The central defender was on target in this weekend’s 4-0 friendly win over Chile and is eager to complete the San Siro Brazilian colony that already includes Nelson Dida, Kaka, Ronaldo, Serginho, Marcos Cafu and Ricardo Oliveira.

“It is a side packed with Brazilians and you can see their desire to get back to winning ways, much like Real Madrid.”

Juan currently plays for Bayer Leverkusen and turned 28 last month. He joined the Bundesliga outfit in 2002 for just over £2m.

“In all probability we will lose Juan,” conceded Bayer director and former Roma Coach Rudi Voeller. “It is not yet decided whether he will go to Roma or another southern European club.”

Milan have made no secret of their desire to increase their Brazilian contingent and the prime target is Barcelona’s Ronaldinho
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Mar 25 2007, 07:52 PM
Post #2

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

I'm quite a fan of him, bring him to the San Siro!

+Quote Post

Portman
post Mar 25 2007, 07:57 PM
Post #3

Berretti

I don't think he's top-level, but way better than Kaladze, Simic and with Billy and Maldini probably out by the end of the season...

It's an option. I want to see the opinion of the german-crew, bundesliga watchers about him.

This post has been edited by Portugal: Mar 25 2007, 07:58 PM

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Mar 25 2007, 08:00 PM
Post #4

Prima Squadra

The only thing putting me off is having ANOTHER defender over the age of 27, he'll only have a couple of decent years left in him. We could do with some younger guys.

Portgual, you seen much of Cicinho at Real Madrid, I'm very impressed with him but seems to be out of the picture at right-back with them having Salgado AND Sergio Ramos able to play there. I'd see him as a decent replacement for Cafu, Just as the national team will do.

+Quote Post

Portman
post Mar 25 2007, 08:03 PM
Post #5

Berretti

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 25 2007, 07:00 PM)
The only thing putting me off is having ANOTHER defender over the age of 27, he'll only have a couple of decent years left in him. We could do with some younger guys.

Portgual, you seen much of Cicinho at Real Madrid, I'm very impressed with him but seems to be out of the picture at right-back with them having Salgado AND Sergio Ramos able to play there. I'd see him as a decent replacement for Cafu, Just as the national team will do.

Cicinho had a big injury. 7 months out. I doubt they'd sell him. Salgado will be out by the end of the season... Ramos natural position is CB.

Cafu » Oddo. That's why we bought him in January.

Well, about Cicinho I heard some rumors that he's going Roma if Madrid sign Dani Alves (the best RB in the world IMO) next Summer.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Mar 25 2007, 09:27 PM
Post #6

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

I dont know .. Arent Milan allowed just one non-European player per season ?? (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

If R10 is coming, then it is just R10 and no other Brazilians or any nationality other than Euro

+Quote Post

misha
post Mar 25 2007, 09:42 PM
Post #7

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 787

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Mar 25 2007, 10:27 PM)
I dont know .. Arent Milan allowed just one non-European player per season ?? (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)
If R10 is coming, then it is just R10 and no other Brazilians or any nationality other than Euro

R10 received a Spanish passport few month ago

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Mar 25 2007, 09:52 PM
Post #8

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (mishale @ Mar 25 2007, 11:42 PM)
R10 received a Spanish passport few month ago

Ohhh hehe .. So Milan are turning into the brazilian club (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

whoarethepatriot...
post Mar 25 2007, 10:09 PM
Post #9

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 782

Do we really need him?

We will have Bonera, Kaladze, Nesta, Maldini Perhaps and maybe Marzoratti who has impressed on loan at Empoli

Still it would strengthen the squad so it will be interesting to see if it motivates the defenders to work hard to earn a starting place

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Mar 25 2007, 10:10 PM
Post #10

Prima Squadra

I never knew you could only sign 1 none-european per season (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

+Quote Post

Portman
post Mar 25 2007, 10:32 PM
Post #11

Berretti

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 25 2007, 09:10 PM)
I never knew you could only sign 1 none-european per season  (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

In Italy. The thing is... this brazillians (most known) usually have EU passport. So, no problem.

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Mar 25 2007, 11:04 PM
Post #12

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,660

I am watcher of bundesliga and i have to say he is quite good. His judgement is strong and he has a pretty strong tackle, nothing compared to nesta though. He is about the same level as kaladze. However he makes fewer mistakes. I think he might be a good replacement, but i'd rather we get italians for the defence since they usually can do there job much better than foreigners in serie A.

+Quote Post

AuRoR
post Mar 26 2007, 07:12 AM
Post #13

Pulcini 99

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,712

He's a good player and i hope Milan bring him (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 26 2007, 08:02 AM
Post #14

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

If we really get him I think we should get rid of someone.

Cafu -> 99.9% sure that he is leaving for Brasil in the summer

Billy -> 100% sure he will retire

Maldini -> 50% chance of him staying on for 1 more season

Kaladze/Simic -> One of them will surely have to go. I would personally prefer to keep Kala since he is better and younger then Simic. But it would be better to get rid of both.

Sergio -> 50% chance of him going to Brasil.

Favalli - 75% sure he will retire, we have no need for him.

So basically our defence should look something like this:

Oddo, Bonera, Nesta, Maldini, Kala/Smic, a new good CB (Juan?), Janku, Sergio, Grimi.

And for a back up RB our scouts should really take a good look around Brasil, there are probably 100s of RBs there that are in the Cafu and Sergio mold ie. very attack minded.

This post has been edited by han2503: Mar 26 2007, 08:05 AM

+Quote Post

Devillito
post Mar 26 2007, 09:04 AM
Post #15

Esordienti B 96

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 1,612

What happen to Kaka's brother?
Rodrigo Santos leite i guess!!
Is he any good?
I thought he is a defence (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th May 2024 - 09:17 AM