> Fiorentina vs Milan [Maldini's Last Game], Giornata 38

acid911
post May 24 2009, 09:09 PM
Post #256

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

And finally cometh the day, cometh the hour. Paolo's last match. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) And it's fitting that this will be the last match thread that I will open (dst fittingly opened the last home game thread). I just can't seem to get myself top open them when Maldini's not around anymore (nor will I change my signature from now on). Speaking of which I also opened the last match thread for the 19th match in first round against Fiorentina - which we won 1-0. Paolo was special there, and marked Gilardino out of the game. All I ask for is a repeat of some sorts, and one final win that will at least see us at 3rd, in a weird little season. Almost twenty five years back. I was born on the day Paolo player his first match for Milan - it feels like I'll die the day he plays his last.

For all I want to, I just can't seem to get myself to writing anything about probably the most important and historically significant match I'll ever watch. I'm just too numb. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mellow.gif) All my heroes are gone, the Fantastic Five (Paolo, Ronaldo R99, Rui Costa, Baggio and Dida) have almost set in the west. It just feels like a room in my house has fallen, the bricks lying all around. Such is life, I guess. Such is football. Regrets, there have been a few. But whoever wrote the script of Paolo's career, did a pretty darn good job of it. Anyway, as I stand here in the twilight of Paolo's career, there are no tears in my eyes - I'm just glad to have witnessed the greatest player ever, play live. Years from now, I too, could say that I lived in the times of great defenders, the age of great champions, the Age of Maldini. All hail the King. The King of Kings! Goodbye My Captain, Grazie Mio Capitano! His final marching ground:

(IMG:http://i42.tinypic.com/59u904.jpg)

Stats will be posted as soon as they come out of the oven, popping hot. Wait for them.

Date: Sunday, 31 May, 2009
Time: 7:30 pm to 9:30 pm GMT
Place: Stadio Artemio Franchi (Florence)
Capacity: 47,282

Forza Milan! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devil.gif) As usual. And Forza Maldini! As special. You'll live forever Paolo. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/king.gif) All hail the Age of Maldini!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
3 Pages V  « < 2 3

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 11:01 AM