Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Champions League 2021/2022 Season

X-Offender
post Dec 8 2021, 12:05 AM
Post #241

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

I didn't just say Serie A is weak. That is indeed a well-known fact. I said the quality in Serie A has more than halved compared to 10-15 years ago. Halved. The difference with England is massive, but even with Spain and Germany. I'll go as far as say that even the French league, a so-called farmers league, has more exciting talents than Italy.

And as far as Milan is concerned, if you spoke Italian I'd invite you to listen to Christian Vieri's podcast with Cassano and Adani. The accolades they make to Pioli and his team are unfathomable. Like we're this modern team filled with young and interesting prospects that plays exciting football. And I kid you not many Milan fans feel the same.

But we're simply mediocre. On these levels we're even trash. As much as we, myself included, want this team to get back to where it belongs, win the Scudetto, compete in the CL, get trophies, it's never gonna happen as things stand. How can we hope to win the league when we couldn't even compete against Liverpool's B side? A team filled with nobodies except 3-4 names.

Oh well, it's pointless for me to rant.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Dec 8 2021, 06:11 PM
Post #242

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

Milan?s first CL in almost a decade and in ?the group of death? as they call it. I would say this is a great opportunity for the young players Milan have to experience and learn. To be successful is to learn from mistakes. Without mistakes, a team will not grow nor win.

I appreciate the fact that 99% of these players have not played a single CL game except on Fifa and yet came out with such courage against Atletico and Liverpool. Two teams that have experience in this type of competition.

Milan should turn its focus right away to Serie A, focus on having a good campaign while finishing in CL territory and maybe achieving a last 16 birth next season.

Proud of the lads and proud of Maldini for putting this team (the coach inclusive) together to make it one of the most exciting squads in Europe to watch. I enjoy the games a lot more than the previous seasons, aint no zero to hero but definitely a respectable young squad that Milan has!

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 8 2021, 07:43 PM
Post #243

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

Didn't watch the game as I had the Christmas staff dinner yesterday with work colleagues so didn't even check the score during the game.

But going by comments here I'm going to assume that it wasn't worth the watch and we once again shot ourselves in the foot with a mistake

But x-off, I think you're over-reacting here. I don't understand what you expected from our first foray into the CL with a team who has zero experience in the competition outside of Ibra and Giroud. It took Inter 3 tries to get into the KOs, these are the growing pains we have to go through unfortunately.

Liverpool imo are one of 3/4 super teams ho right now are heads and shoulders above others. We got lumped into a group like we did and it hurt our chances a lot imo as I think we can hold our own against other top sides from other leagues, just like we did against Atletico for example. A group with Barca / Man U / Villareal / Spartak / Benfica / PSG would have been better for us. But we had to draw the worst opponents we could get. Not to mention having 3 points taken away from us in the 2nd game. For me, the only condemnable performance was the Porto home game. That's the game we should have done much better in.

Yesterday we were once again crippled with injuries. And let's face it, this is a good thing for us, no matter which way you look at it. Look at Inter. They're probably going to end up with Bayern, Liverpool, Chelsea or some other super difficult tie and will be out anyway. We simply cannot handle another competition atm, not with all these injuries.

What I want now is a perfect run to the winter break and I think that's doable. We need to focus on the league.

And winning it has to be the goal. We've dropped off in recent weeks as Fillipo said, and that has effected the confidence levels a bit. I think we have 4 games left until the break and all are very winnable.

This season we just dipped our toes in the CL well. We need to make sure we're there again next season, we'll even most likely be in pot 3, and if the draw is kinder we'll do better, that I'm 100% sure of.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 8 2021, 08:13 PM
Post #244

Nah, you can try to sugarcoat it however you like, but I don't buy it. Last night it was a true horror showing. I remember Atalanta last year playing against Liverpool and winning 2-0 at Anfield because they needed the win, even dominating the game.

We were playing at home with an incredible crowd support, we had the other game's result in our favour, yet we couldn't make more than 2-3 passes in a row. Our link-up play was nonexistent, we had no game plan, no composure, no determination. The players were running around like a bunch of headless chicken.

You say we had a tough group, but we got only 1 point against Porto and Liverpool's B side. That is unacceptable. Yes, we had absences, but I honestly think that Leao or Rebic or Calabria or whoever else would have made little to no difference. Because the problem is into how we approach these games. We're scared shitless, we can't handle the pressure. If the other teams is pressing us on every ball (Liverpool, Porto, Sassuolo), our players don't know what to do. We simply switch off.

And that's simply because we're a lethargic bund of individuals that's used to winning against boring Serie A sides that play in slow motion and have no idea what pressing and quick passing is.

We have no place in the CL. Yes, we'll qualify for next season as well, we might even get an easier group, but if we don't sign players that can make a difference and change the way we play, it's going to be the same routine again and again and again...

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 8 2021, 09:15 PM
Post #245

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Oh come on you're now just pushing it to the limits!

Rebić or Leao would not make a difference compared to Krunić and Messias? Kjaer would not have made a difference? For christ sake, if Kjaer was on the pitch the second goal i.e. Tomori and his blunder wouldn't have happened.

Come on man, suck it up. You're not talking to Donati, Vieri or Adani here. We belong in the group stages of CL just like a bunch of other teams that sucked this season. It'll pass. And it was very foreseeable, only you chose to get upset with these games.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 8 2021, 09:51 PM
Post #246

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Dec 8 2021, 09:15 PM) *
Oh come on you're now just pushing it to the limits!

Rebić or Leao would not make a difference compared to Krunić and Messias? Kjaer would not have made a difference? For christ sake, if Kjaer was on the pitch the second goal i.e. Tomori and his blunder wouldn't have happened.

Come on man, suck it up. You're not talking to Donati, Vieri or Adani here. We belong in the group stages of CL just like a bunch of other teams that sucked this season. It'll pass. And it was very foreseeable, only you chose to get upset with these games.

What difference did Theo, Tonali, Kessie, Brahim or any other player make? The problem is in the way we play, not in the individuals. Because let's face it, Rebic, Leao and friends are not exactly great players. Surely, if we had Salah, Haaland and De Bruyne absent due to injuries, then it would have made a difference. But we were 9/11 starting line-up material, so let's not get ridiculous over the absences.

And Tomori simply had a lapsus. It wasn't a defensive mistake. It can happen to anybody. It's happened even to Maldini. Overall he had a good match.

It was foreseeable for us to struggle in a tough group (on paper), it wasn't foreseeable for us to play like a Serie B team and ridicule ourselves. We were plain terrible last night, and I can't get over it. Because we should have done better, but this team is simply too limited.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 9 2021, 09:18 AM
Post #247

Primavera
Group Icon

Well, we're at an impasse here. Your judgment is clearly clouded by emotions and expectations, which is understandable. But get over it.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 9 2021, 11:28 AM
Post #248

I was emotional after the match. It's been two days, now I'm rational, and my opinion hasn't changed. We're miles away from being a competitive team again. And by competitive I don't mean to fight for any the CL, but just to have fair performances in the competition. Not horrible showings.

+Quote Post

nuh
post Dec 11 2021, 10:03 AM
Post #249

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 1,284

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 9 2021, 12:28 PM) *
I was emotional after the match. It's been two days, now I'm rational, and my opinion hasn't changed. We're miles away from being a competitive team again. And by competitive I don't mean to fight for any the CL, but just to have fair performances in the competition. Not horrible showings.

I agree 100%...the game that really did it for me was the home porto game. We had a complete team and couldn't deal with their press at all.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 13 2021, 11:48 PM
Post #250

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Lol, Did you see what happened at the CL draw?

Inter first drew Ajax, then they had to redo the draw and they ended up with Liverpool

This is too beautiful for words. Now let's see how they do against them after all the sh!t talk they threw our way

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 14 2021, 01:04 AM
Post #251

What an epic embarrassment for UEFA. It was too comical. A multi-billion organisation that cannot make right a simple draw. What a joke.

As for Inter, they will get royally fucked by Liverpool. They stand zero chances.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 18 2021, 03:22 PM
Post #252

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 14 2021, 01:04 AM) *
What an epic embarrassment for UEFA. It was too comical. A multi-billion organisation that cannot make right a simple draw. What a joke.

As for Inter, they will get royally fucked by Liverpool. They stand zero chances.

I'd love to see how Limone-ball will handle Liverpool's press (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Let's see if they have the better goal difference against them compared to how we did.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 18 2021, 10:05 PM
Post #253

Primavera
Group Icon

It's hard to compare though...

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Mar 10 2022, 06:52 AM
Post #254

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

Cant get over Don Carlo?s match last night, turning the table on PSG (Dollaruma thinking he is Mike Maignan with the ball to feet).

Don Carlo I salute you! Tactical mastermind! All hail Don Carlo (IMG:style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

Ecstatic, elated, extremely satisfied to see Dollaruma fail.

P.S. now imagine Milan finish 1st in the league. OMG, Cala moved to the team that won the Scudetto last season. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Fingers crossed we win this thing!

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Mar 10 2022, 11:28 AM
Post #255

The pleasure and satisfaction from last night were immense. Not only because the most despicable club in the world got what they deserved, but especially for Dollarumma. Thank you, Carletto, cuore rossonero. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 11:13 AM