> Champions League 2021/2022 Season

X-Offender
post Dec 7 2021, 02:22 PM
Post #226

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

Probable line-ups for tonight:

Milan: Maignan; Kalulu, Tomori, Romagnoli, Theo; Kessie, Tonali; Messias, Diaz, Krunic; Zlatan.

Liverpool: Alisson; Williams, Gomez, Konate, Tsimikas; Oxlade-Chamberlain, Henderson, Morton; Salah, Mane, Origi.

I would have definitely played Alexis as LW instead of Krunic, but whatever.

Their line-up is second-hand except the attack. Really wished Salah would sit this.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 7 2021, 09:50 PM
Post #227

1-1 HT

Man, we really have no game. Just brief snippets now and then. Their B team is better than ours, goes to show you the vast difference between both sides.

Zlatan absolutely horrible. Brahim not incisive. Krunic is just an extra pressure body without any qualities. Messias mediocre. Our attack really is non existent.

Man, we really could have Leao tonight. Look at those spaces...

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 7 2021, 09:58 PM
Post #228

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

I think you're looking at the wrong picture here. With Alisson, Salah, Mane and a few others this is not exactly the typical B side. And we also lack certain key players like Leao and Rebić to bring some glue.

Diaz alone is not cracking it, especially against a physically demanding opponent. Ibra horrible? Well, what's there to expect man? He'll be the one that will score us the goal in the end if that happens, so...

And well, I think Maignan should have done better on the first shot that rebounded to Salah.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 7 2021, 10:03 PM
Post #229

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Dec 7 2021, 09:58 PM) *
I think you're looking at the wrong picture here. With Alisson, Salah, Mane and a few others this is not exactly the typical B side. And we also lack certain key players like Leao and Rebić to bring some glue.

Diaz alone is not cracking it, especially against a physically demanding opponent. Ibra horrible? Well, what's there to expect man? He'll be the one that will score us the goal in the end if that happens, so...

And well, I think Maignan should have done better on the first shot that rebounded to Salah.

Salah, Mane and Alisson are the only starters. Everyone else is a sub. And I mean everyone.

We need to sub in Alexis. Krunic just doesn't cut it. His defensive and pressing game is excellent, but that's about it.

Agreed about Maignan.

Also, Theo needs to wake up.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 7 2021, 10:15 PM
Post #230

Another mistakes. WTF MAN!!! And Atletico have scored...

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 7 2021, 10:18 PM
Post #231

Primavera
Group Icon

Colossal mistake by Tomori. Our team is losing it.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 7 2021, 10:20 PM
Post #232

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Dec 7 2021, 10:18 PM) *
Colossal mistake by Tomori. Our team is losing it.

We never had it.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 7 2021, 10:24 PM
Post #233

Primavera
Group Icon

At the start of this game, we had some good vibe.

But I was not pointing to "having this match". I think we're losing it in general. Last few weeks have been marked by abysmal mistakes, starting with Tatarusanu and moving on to Tomori just recently. As a team, I think we lost immensely in terms of confidence and arrogance.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 7 2021, 10:31 PM
Post #234

We simply cannot confront high intensity sides. We're a lethargic team with a slow, slow game. No wonder we suffered like hell against Porto and Liverpool, because we're not used to thinking fast and making quick passes. We take too much to build our play and at these levels the opponent will have none of that.

Frankly speaking, we don't deserve to be here.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 7 2021, 10:38 PM
Post #235

Florenzi man, so shi*t...

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 7 2021, 10:59 PM
Post #236

FT

Pathetic performance. Absolutely disgusting. We're unfit to play at these levels. And my question, even if we qualify for next season, will anything change? It's our own game philosophy that's inadequate here. Unless we fill this team to the brim with champions next summer, it's going to be same charade again and again and again...

Extremely disappointed tonight. Don't even wanna go after anyone in particular cos they all played like sh*t. Against Liveprool's B side. Man...

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 7 2021, 11:02 PM
Post #237

Primavera
Group Icon

I see you're really upset. Well... can't say I share your feelings. Pathetic? I dunno. Bad game. Bad group. In the end, completely irrelevant. We knew all along that we cannot contend with these teams who have way more continuity in CL then us.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 7 2021, 11:11 PM
Post #238

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Dec 7 2021, 11:02 PM) *
I see you're really upset. Well... can't say I share your feelings. Pathetic? I dunno. Bad game. Bad group. In the end, completely irrelevant. We knew all along that we cannot contend with these teams who have way more continuity in CL then us.

Oh come on man, how can you be so indifferent? We played like sh*t. Zero ideas, zero grit, zero composure. Just a bunch of individuals roaming about on the pitch not knowing what to do with the ball.

We're bad man, really bad. It doesn't show in the league cos most of the teams we face are mediocre, but as soon as we get a half decent team that presses, plays fast and runs like crazy we switch off.

We're lucky to be where we are. I've been contemplating this for some time now, but this game was the answer. And it should act as a wake up call for many who view this Milan as a top side that can challenge for the scudetto. But most of all I guess it shows how low the Serie A has fallen. Cos if this pathetic Milan side is on top of the league, then the quality has more than halved from 10-15 years ago.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 7 2021, 11:36 PM
Post #239

Primavera
Group Icon

Wow, what a surprise...

Milan is a scudetto pretender. Serie A is weak. All well known facts.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 7 2021, 11:53 PM
Post #240

Primavera
Group Icon

Also, we're literally worlds apart. And this is why I knew returning to the CL would be a painful and very uncomfortable experience.

Salah is (per Transfermarkt) valued at 100m Euro
Our top two player (Hernandez and Kessie) who played a very mediocre game come to 50m Euro

The team you call B side (rightly, but still) has a total worth of cca 350m Euro
Our team without maybe two or three starters has a total worth of cca 255m Euro

Of course we're worlds apart. Serie A has become a very poor league in all terms: the stadiums are falling apart, government and municipal regulations are not beneficial towards football (and there are yet new laws to come which will hinge Serie A even further), the viewership is drastically falling, the overall attractiveness of the league and its appeal to talented players is very low. The league just recently become competitive, but this become mostly due to Juventus entering a negative cycle.

Spanish, German and especially English sides dominate football and will do so for years to come. Italian clubs haven't won the CL since Inter with Mourinho. The European League has yet to be won by an Italian side and I fear we'll be waiting for few years more.

Yes, we're worlds apart. Not really stunning news. I get that you are disappointing that we didn't go out in style and with guns blazing. But well...

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 09:09 AM