9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Champions League - Matchday 2 - AC Milan - Viktoria Plzeň, 28/09/11 (20:45 CET)

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 26 2011, 09:37 PM
Post #31

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 26 2011, 10:13 PM) *
You're taking this way too easily. Remember the Zurich debacle?

How could I forget - but I don't want us being without Ibra against Juve - that's the priority. Even if we loose against Pilsen, it won't hurt us as much as a lost match against Juventus would.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Jack Bauer
post Sep 26 2011, 11:25 PM
Post #32

Allievi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,705

I would give him 30-35 minutes here. With all due respect, we should beat them anyway. We'll need Ibra more vs Juve.

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Sep 27 2011, 08:12 AM
Post #33

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,786

(IMG:http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/1202/milanplzen.png)

(IMG:http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/3315/milanplzen1.png)

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Sep 27 2011, 08:51 AM
Post #34

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

Horvath is the only player on their team I've ever heard of. We have to win, especially since we got ourselves in a good position to have a shot at winning the group in week 1.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 27 2011, 10:06 AM
Post #35

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Again Seedorf played, Aquilani on AM, Antonini...oh, for god sake!

+Quote Post

Guest_Suhail 3_*
post Sep 27 2011, 11:58 AM
Post #36

Guests

Must win ... Simple as and it ll be a joy to see Ibrahimovic on the pitch and scoring a goal at least (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 27 2011, 01:36 PM
Post #37

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Sep 27 2011, 07:12 AM) *

Ridiculous line-up if Allegri really goes with it!!

Where's Taiwo?? I know he struggled against Cesena, but he needs to regain match fitness and this is the kind of game to do it in.

Seedorf, Van Bommel and Ibra should be rested/not be risked.

And playing Aqui behind the strikers is pointless at this point, at least let him get used to his team mates and the system before forcing him into a position he's clearl uncomfortable in

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 27 2011, 01:53 PM
Post #38

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

^ We're forced to play Van Bommel and Ibrahimovic. As you can see, there are no alternatives on the bench. Ambrosini was supposed to recover for tonight, but it looks like our medical staff did their magic again. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Agreed about Seedorf, Taiwo and Aquilani.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 27 2011, 02:36 PM
Post #39

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 27 2011, 01:53 PM) *
^ We're forced to play Van Bommel and Ibrahimovic. As you can see, there are no alternatives on the bench. Ambrosini was supposed to recover for tonight, but it looks like our medical staff did their magic again. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Agreed about Seedorf, Taiwo and Aquilani.

I didn't notice Ambro was still out, had it in my head that he'd be fit for it.

I don't agree about Ibra, he's just recovered, pushing him in and risking him in this type of game where Cassano should be enough is not smart. If we still can't break them down by HT, then yes, get Ibra warming up and intriduce him in the 50 - 60th minute. Otherwise he's not a neccassity. It's just asking for trouble

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 27 2011, 02:45 PM
Post #40

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

Everyone is underestimating this match. We're not Barcelona. We usually struggle against small sides, and considering all the injuries we have, we need all the help we can get. Playing Ibra is very important. Personally, I care about this game more than the Juventus game.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 27 2011, 03:03 PM
Post #41

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 27 2011, 01:45 PM) *
Everyone is underestimating this match. We're not Barcelona. We usually struggle against small sides, and considering all the injuries we have, we need all the help we can get. Playing Ibra is very important. Personally, I care about this game more than the Juventus game.

It's not that I'm underestimating anything, I don't know how the others feel, but I'm with you when you say that this could be hard for us because this is just the type of opponent we struggle against.

But, I'm on the complete opposite side of it to you, I care more abou the Juve match, we absolutely have to win that. This one I don't really care that much about, we're still probably not going to win the group, we'll mess it up in one of the easy games or at the San Siro against Barca, I'm sure of it, it's our usual MO in these types of situations. So I'd sacrifice a draw in this one for the Juve game. But that's just me...

Having said that, this would be my line-up from those listed as available by Gazzetta.

Abate--Yepes--Thiago--Antonini*
Nocerino--VB--Aqui
Seedorf
Cassano--Urby

I know, Urby as a striker doesn't make much sense, but I don't see anywhere else to put him in our system, his speed and technique could be useful, all he has to do is provide support and an option for Cassano when he holding up the ball

Seedorf should be rested as well, but we're going to be too short in this, so not playing him isn't really an option, if we're winning by HT, take him off, put in one of the kids or Ibra

As for Antonini, Gazzetta are sometimes wrong when it comes to the call ups and usually leave players out for some reason on another, if Taiwo is really called up then I would like to see Seedorf on the bench, Antonini on the left f midfield and Aqui behind the strikers (I know, not the best option, but this shouldn't be too hard on Aqui considering the opponent). I'd sacrific Aqui a bit in order to rest Seedorf for Juve. So if it were up to me, we'd end up like this

Abate--Yepes--Thiago--Taiwo
Nocerino--VB--Antonini
Aqui
Cassano--Urby

It doesn't look that bad, and we've all said that Antonini should be tried out in a midfield position.

Like I said, I'd gladly lose 2 points in this to win the Juve game. But that's just me...

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Sep 27 2011, 03:27 PM
Post #42

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,230

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 27 2011, 03:36 PM) *
in this type of game where Cassano should be enough is not smart

That's a very naive thought.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 27 2011, 03:33 PM
Post #43

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Sep 27 2011, 03:27 PM) *
That's a very naive thought.

It's not about naivety, it's about prioritising, and I prioritise the Juve game above this, so I don't want us to risk Ibra in such a match. As I said, if it's not enough then bring in Ibra during the 2nd half. But not a full game

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Sep 27 2011, 03:48 PM
Post #44

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,230

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 27 2011, 04:33 PM) *
It's not about naivety, it's about prioritising, and I prioritise the Juve game above this, so I don't want us to risk Ibra in such a match. As I said, if it's not enough then bring in Ibra during the 2nd half. But not a full game

I noticed your priority part. It's hard to disagree (if I have to choose 1 victory, it would be against Juventus), but both games should be taken fully seriously. After we drew 2-2 in Camp Nou, we have a good start to finish first in the group (which has an obvious benefit, and prestige) since we should be able to avoid a loss at San Siro, so then it would be a shame to waste that nice draw by drawing against Plzen. Obviously Ibrahimovic shouldn't start if it's really riskful, but if he and the whatever staff feels like he should be ready to start, please do so. Without him I expect we will struggle tomorrow (that's all what I was saying with thinking it's naive to expect a win with such a f'd up attack).

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 27 2011, 04:13 PM
Post #45

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Sep 27 2011, 03:48 PM) *
I noticed your priority part. It's hard to disagree (if I have to choose 1 victory, it would be against Juventus), but both games should be taken fully seriously. After we drew 2-2 in Camp Nou, we have a good start to finish first in the group (which has an obvious benefit, and prestige) since we should be able to avoid a loss at San Siro, so then it would be a shame to waste that nice draw by drawing against Plzen. Obviously Ibrahimovic shouldn't start if it's really riskful, but if he and the whatever staff feels like he should be ready to start, please do so. Without him I expect we will struggle tomorrow (that's all what I was saying with thinking it's naive to expect a win with such a f'd up attack).

I still don't think it's worth risking another long term injury to Ibra since he's still just recovering. I think we can all see how much we're currently missing him in the league especially.

And who's to say that we won't mess this up in another game? You can't really say, nothing is assured

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:25 PM