9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Champions League - Matchday 2 - AC Milan - Viktoria Plzeň, 28/09/11 (20:45 CET)

CrazyMilanFan
post Sep 28 2011, 09:36 PM
Post #121

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,873

Ft 2-0 important win and decent performance good to have ibra back for juve....
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 28 2011, 09:38 PM
Post #122

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

Abate looked to have picked up a knock, hope it's nothing serious. And if I heard right (someone correct me if I'm wrong) the commentators said that Seedorf also took a knock to his ankle. The commentary was Italian which is very iffy for me, so anyone know anything about that or am I just imagining it? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post Sep 28 2011, 09:40 PM
Post #123

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,873

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 28 2011, 09:38 PM) *
Abate looked to have picked up a knock, hope it's nothing serious. And if I heard right (someone correct me if I'm wrong) the commentators said that Seedorf also took a knock to his ankle. The commentary was Italian which is very iffy for me, so anyone know anything about that or am I just imagining it? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I dont remember sky commentators say anythingabt seedorf.. they did mention about anotnini

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 28 2011, 09:47 PM
Post #124

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Okay, Ibra got us the three points here. Cassano also finally scored, which is good.
Now we must focus on Juve.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 28 2011, 09:59 PM
Post #125

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 28 2011, 08:47 PM) *
Okay, Ibra got us the three points here. Cassano also finally scored, which is good.
Now we must focus on Juve.

Agreed, there's still so much work to do on this team and so much more room for improvment I don't know where to start with the criticising.

Allegri needs to stop using players like Urby as a crutch due to his own insecurities and fears. Just ridiculous, it's the same thing he did with Rino. While casting away players who are more about the creativity and forward movement then the defensive work. He did it with Dinho and Pirlo, I can see him doing it with Aqui and even Taiwo in the future.

Against Juve he better drop Urby and find a way to fit both Aqui and Seedorf in there, Urby is just not cutting it, he couldn't even provide support against a team like Plzen, who gave him space, he's not an AM, he should be used like he was used last season, end of story.

Juve should be our final hurdle before the breakand getting some players back, (mainly Robs and Boateng), those 2 are the real missing links atm, I hope we don't stumble on it. Nocerino is improving gradually, but he needs to stop with the niggling fouls that could easily be avoided.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 28 2011, 10:03 PM
Post #126

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 28 2011, 10:38 PM) *

No, Seedorf just put ice on his knee, but it's nothing to be worried about. That's what Rai said.

About the game, we played very well upfront and created plenty of chances. Even if our lead came from a doubtful penalty, we deserved it. However, what worries me is our defensive behavior. We concede way too much initiative to our opponents. Plzen could have easily scored one or two, but we were lucky. It's really baffling, considering defense was our strongest point last season.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 28 2011, 10:12 PM
Post #127

Regarding Seedorf, Fulvio Collovati of Rai was spelling it out loud for the entire game and I absolutely agree with him - he should play as trequartista. He's being wasted in midfield. Someone like Aquilani or even Emanuelson can cover that role much better. That role requires creating, attacking the spaces and tracking back a lot. Seedorf obviously can't do that anymore at his age. If all his energy was simply focused on creating and attacking, he'd be much more useful to our cause. Obviously though Allegri is too thick to realize it. He sits Aquilani on the bench and plays Emanuelson as trequartista, go figure. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 28 2011, 11:38 PM
Post #128

Primavera
Group Icon

Yes, good remark. Our defensive instability is what's worrying me too. Even Nesta and Thiago are not beyond criticism any more, though I never understand why Allegri is forcing Nesta into that 2-matches per week rhythm. Everyone saw the chances we gifted Pilsen a few times - it's just unacceptable to me. We've played - how many - 6,7 matches so far in the season, but none (including Pilsen and Cesena) of them went without "unforced" mistakes or at least 2 sever mistakes. And that even if we almost all of our defenders available.

Two obvious problems are Antonini and Bonera - they should be let go; I understand when Seedorf, Nesta even Ambro play at this age, but those two really never were good and I don't see why we're hanging onto them so hard. We really should try finding a younger fullback with defensive qualities - may he turn out to be the next Coco or Santon, but at least we try, while playing Bonera and Antonini means over and over proving the obvious. I'm not mentioning Taiwo...well, because I fear Allegri already does not count him in which is rather sad.

But the problem goes beyond Antonini and Bonera. Crucial will be to see how Thiago and Mexes will look. This is very very important for the future 2-3 seasons and if it turns to be a good partnership, which I still have my doubts, Milan could find a solution. Only trouble is, we need a new CB, a younger one. I don't think Yepes and Nesta are enough for next season, we need to introduce someone new sooner rather then later.

+Quote Post

drucurl
post Sep 29 2011, 01:01 AM
Post #129

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 4,041

Not a great show but in typical Allegri style we are improving slowwwwly (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
Is it enough to beat Princess Pirlo and her pink panzies?
tune in Sunday same dru time same dru channel (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 29 2011, 01:26 AM
Post #130

How about Ogbonna, Fillipo? I've never seen him play, but he's been praised quite a lot for his last season with Torino. Prandelli even called him for the NT, and that's something rare for a Serie B player. He's 24, and he can play LB as well. Surely we could grab him for about €5 or something.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 29 2011, 03:37 AM
Post #131

Match Highlights

1:57 - Absolutely amazing what Ibra and Seedorf did there. If Cassano had scored, it'd have been one heck of a goal.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 29 2011, 09:36 AM
Post #132

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 29 2011, 02:26 AM) *
How about Ogbonna, Fillipo? I've never seen him play, but he's been praised quite a lot for his last season with Torino. Prandelli even called him for the NT, and that's something rare for a Serie B player. He's 24, and he can play LB as well. Surely we could grab him for about €5 or something.

Why, not - I'd go for it. But,...somehow, I doubt we're spend even a penny on our defense in the next 2 windows.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Sep 29 2011, 12:33 PM
Post #133

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 29 2011, 03:37 AM) *
Match Highlights

1:57 - Absolutely amazing what Ibra and Seedorf did there. If Cassano had scored, it'd have been one heck of a goal.

I was beyond angry when he missed. So frustrating.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 29 2011, 01:17 PM
Post #134

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 28 2011, 11:38 PM) *
Yes, good remark. Our defensive instability is what's worrying me too. Even Nesta and Thiago are not beyond criticism any more, though I never understand why Allegri is forcing Nesta into that 2-matches per week rhythm. Everyone saw the chances we gifted Pilsen a few times - it's just unacceptable to me. We've played - how many - 6,7 matches so far in the season, but none (including Pilsen and Cesena) of them went without "unforced" mistakes or at least 2 sever mistakes. And that even if we almost all of our defenders available.

Two obvious problems are Antonini and Bonera - they should be let go; I understand when Seedorf, Nesta even Ambro play at this age, but those two really never were good and I don't see why we're hanging onto them so hard. We really should try finding a younger fullback with defensive qualities - may he turn out to be the next Coco or Santon, but at least we try, while playing Bonera and Antonini means over and over proving the obvious. I'm not mentioning Taiwo...well, because I fear Allegri already does not count him in which is rather sad.

But the problem goes beyond Antonini and Bonera. Crucial will be to see how Thiago and Mexes will look. This is very very important for the future 2-3 seasons and if it turns to be a good partnership, which I still have my doubts, Milan could find a solution. Only trouble is, we need a new CB, a younger one. I don't think Yepes and Nesta are enough for next season, we need to introduce someone new sooner rather then later.

I think replacing Bonera with someone like Astori would be a good option for us. He'll be free come next summer, and while he'd be in the same pecking order as Bonera, he'd be a reliable option should we encounter a situation where someone reliable needs to come on due to injuries.

Antonini did well yesterday, he's still a good option against opposition of this level, but the problem is, how often do we face teams like this? Not a lot.

Allegri's decisions are still the major problem for us, he simply does not get the best out of his players, and not because he doesn't make them put in the effort, but because he doesn't utilise them to our advanatge, and that is a big downfall for us.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 05:32 AM