Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

acid911
post Sep 26 2010, 04:43 PM
Post #17

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

Agreed guys, but I don't think the club can afford another no-show in the CL this season. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) I'd either take 1st position in the group, or 3rd, heck even 4th if that means we will concentrate all our energies in the league. But the club needs revenue from Europe (the same revenue we have been missing out since 2007). An extra 8 or 10 million will help us immensely, a quarterfinal appearance even more. I want the Scudetto as much as the next person, but the cold hard truth is that we need a decent showing in the CL.

First or bust, it is then. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) Fingers crossed, the former.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 26 2010, 04:50 PM
Post #18

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 26 2010, 03:38 PM) *
I want us out, if I'm honest. I don't think we're capable of winning the competition, so the more games we play, the more distraction from the league and I want the league title back with us.

The CL is more important to the Club, like acid said we need that money. The league is something that imo we're just not set up for. We still don't have a well rounded squad. While in the CL, you only need to pull off a couple of great performances on the night and you might find yourself in the Final. 06/07 is a great example of this

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 26 2010, 05:01 PM
Post #19

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 26 2010, 05:50 PM) *
The CL is more important to the Club, like acid said we need that money. The league is something that imo we're just not set up for. We still don't have a well rounded squad. While in the CL, you only need to pull off a couple of great performances on the night and you might find yourself in the Final. 06/07 is a great example of this

+1

I think we have greater chances of winning the CL than the league. That is, unless we face monsters like Barça and Chelsea.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 26 2010, 05:06 PM
Post #20

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 26 2010, 05:01 PM) *
+1

I think we have greater chances of winning the CL than the league. That is, unless we face monsters like Barça and Chelsea.

Well at this point I pee a little in my pants at the thought of facing Real. We can barely handlle mid table Serie A teams who have an iota of pace in them because we get killed. Let alone facing Real, who are not so hot themselves atm, but at this point I can see them slaughtering us on the counter. Can you imagine Ronaldo running ate Abate?

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Sep 26 2010, 05:45 PM
Post #21

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,230

I wonder who are really tired at the moment. Zlatan said himself he is really tired. I would start with Pippo, and see how that goes. Suárez is the thing we need to concern about, so I want a good defending leftback. So I choose Zambrotta as LB. Seedorf is rested last match, so he can start (he and Pippo are good in CL) and Pirlo can take a rest. Maybe others need rest too (Boateng? Nesta?), don't know really, maybe sub them off during the match if so. I like Amelia to be given a chance but I don't expect it happening in a CL game - it doesn't really matter anyway who is the goalkeeper.

Ronaldinho, Inzaghi, Robinho
Seedorf, Gattuso, Boateng (I'm not sure in what order)
Zambrotta, T.Silva, Nesta, Abate
Abbiati

Oh and Gattuso deserves a starting spot (unless tired). (IMG:style_emoticons/default/96.gif)

This post has been edited by CHU-LIP: Sep 26 2010, 05:59 PM

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Sep 26 2010, 05:51 PM
Post #22

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 26 2010, 12:21 AM) *
Let's see what this one will get us (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

There goes the 3 points (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 26 2010, 06:08 PM
Post #23

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Sep 26 2010, 05:45 PM) *
I wonder who are really tired at the moment. Zlatan said himself he is really tired. I would start with Pippo, and see how that goes. Suárez is the thing we need to concern about, so I want a good defending leftback. So I choose Zambrotta as LB. Seedorf is rested last match, so he can start (he and Pippo are good in CL) and Pirlo can take a rest. Maybe others need rest too (Boateng? Nesta?), don't know really, maybe sub them off during the match if so. I like Amelia to be given a chance but I don't expect it happening in a CL game - it doesn't really matter anyway who is the goalkeeper.

Ronaldinho, Inzaghi, Robinho
Seedorf, Gattuso, Boateng (I'm not sure in what order)
Zambrotta, T.Silva, Nesta, Abate
Abbiati

Oh and Gattuso deserves a starting spot (unless tired). (IMG:style_emoticons/default/96.gif)

Pippo at the head of a 4-3-3 never really works, he's not someone, Dinho and Robinho could play off of. Even so, I doubt Allegri will rest any of the big players for this one. We can't afford to lose points here, especially considering the fact that Real are facing Auxerre and we have to go to Spain for the next fixture. This is a must win and the best team available will make the pitch. Abate is a big no no for the right side. Imagine Suarez coming up against him on that flank, ahhh, pure nightmare. Zambro and Antonini are our best FB options so they will start imo.

I want to see Flamini playing, we need enrgy in that midfield, I though Rino was about to die yesterday halfway through the first 45 minutes, he played a great match but I don't think he can keep up or play more then that in a week. Pirlo and Seedorf I'm a bit iffy on. Don't know if Seedorf was not included yesterday for a tactical reason or to rest him. I think both.

I want to see this against Ajax

Zambro--Nesta--Thiago--Antonini
Flamini--Pirlo--Boateng
Dinho
Ibra--Robinho

At this point everyone is just mentally and physically exhausted. They just need to push on through for these last 2 matches and some of our starters can get some much needed rest. I'm mostly worried about Zlatan and Pirlo who are big parts of their NTs and will play another 2 games in that week where the others will be resting and regrouping

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Sep 26 2010, 06:14 PM
Post #24

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,230

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 26 2010, 07:08 PM) *
Abate is a big no no for the right side. Imagine Suarez coming up against him on that flank, ahhh, pure nightmare. Zambro and Antonini are our best FB options so they will start imo.

I agree Zambrotta and Antonini are our best FB options, but Suárez is the right sided forward so I want Zambrotta as LB. (And I have seen Pippo playing along, of course, Zlatan is a better option, but sometimes you NEED to rest someone if you like it or not)

This post has been edited by CHU-LIP: Sep 26 2010, 06:16 PM

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 26 2010, 06:23 PM
Post #25

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Sep 26 2010, 05:14 PM) *
I agree Zambrotta and Antonini are our best FB options, but Suárez is the right sided forward so I want Zambrotta as LB. (And I have seen Pippo playing along, of course, Zlatan is a better option, but sometimes you NEED to rest someone if you like it or not)

So switch Zambro and Antonini, no Abate in this one pls!!!

Also resting players cannot be done in this match, rest them against Parma, I don't care, we'd have an entire season to recuperate the points if we don't win that one, if we lose/draw this game against Ajax we can start kissing top spot in the group goodbye

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Sep 26 2010, 07:02 PM
Post #26

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 26 2010, 04:50 PM) *

But then it gives the management reason not to spend.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 26 2010, 07:07 PM
Post #27

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 26 2010, 07:23 PM) *
So switch Zambro and Antonini, no Abate in this one pls!!!

Also resting players cannot be done in this match, rest them against Parma, I don't care, we'd have an entire season to recuperate the points if we don't win that one, if we lose/draw this game against Ajax we can start kissing top spot in the group goodbye

I don't see that happen anyway. Think we should start Pippo, he scored 2 goals in a few Serie A minutes, don't you think he should be awarded? And Champions League venues are usually his thing.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 26 2010, 07:36 PM
Post #28

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 26 2010, 07:02 PM) *
But then it gives the management reason not to spend.

They didn't spend when we were in the UEFA Cup either so... I'd prefer it if we had a decent run in the CL and maybe had a shot at it, rather then going out in the groups and still not managing the Serie A, which is very likely as our squad imo, is still not a suqad good enough for the championship

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 26 2010, 07:07 PM) *
I don't see that happen anyway. Think we should start Pippo, he scored 2 goals in a few Serie A minutes, don't you think he should be awarded? And Champions League venues are usually his thing.

Pippo can miss really good chances, and atm, we can't really afford to lose chances since we're barely creating any as it is.

Stongest line-up is the one I posted imo, this is a game we simply cannot lose

+Quote Post

ForzaMaldini
post Sep 27 2010, 11:30 AM
Post #29

Pulcini 97

Member No.: 7,471

Allegri is thinking of letting Dinho start from the bench. Also Kevin Prince and Pirlo may not start the game, due the heavy schedule.

Link (dutch)

+Quote Post

ForzaMaldini
post Sep 27 2010, 11:46 AM
Post #30

Pulcini 97

Member No.: 7,471

Binho also a doubt for the game

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 12:29 AM