han2503
post Apr 14 2007, 09:36 PM
Post #61

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (dst @ Apr 14 2007, 08:28 PM)

Definately, but the Premiership does make it easier for a team to look slick and attacking, some of the teams don't even know what the meaning of defence is.

Milan will play smart, Carlo knows that there are 2 legs to be played, so we'll be playing on the counter for the entire match.

I'm sure that the first thing on the tactics notbook will be to clip their wings and press them as hard as we can.

The open game Utd play will suite us more then anything else, think of Kaka running free in OT without any markers.

Also, teasing the likes of Scholes who is a hot head will also be a good idea, he's a card away from a suspension, so getting him carded for the second leg would be a good idea. We saw how he could lose his head and make idiotic fouls against Roma.

I just love the fact how everyone is writing us off, they are already preparing for an all English final. The fact of the matter is that they dimolished an inexperianced Roma side that got all their tactics wrong and crumbled at the site of OT.

We might be old but we are experianced, and if they think that we are going to bow our heads like Roma did then they got another thing coming.

Losing the first leg 2-1 would be an ideal score, getting a score draw would be great, getting a 0-0 is risky but we've been in that situation before and still made it.

I always got the feeling that SAF isn't the strongest when it comes to 2 legged ties, where as with Carlo that is where he excells
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Apr 15 2007, 04:05 AM
Post #62

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

QUOTE (dst @ Apr 14 2007, 11:18 PM)
... in any case it's their attack that puzzles me, not their defence.

I don't know how u can rate their attack ?! I mean, it is good, but not the best .. They don't even have a qualified world class striker, yeah Rooney whatever (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) ... If any, it is their midfield and their build up to attack, not teh attack itself.

With that said, I cant clearly pin point where they would be dangerous ?! As a collective team, they have proven both in CL and EPL that they are the team to beat, but Milan have beaten much better sides than United and I don't see where United stand out from the rest ... I guess we'll know on the 24th (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post

bigmacmtl
post Apr 15 2007, 05:13 AM
Post #63

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,592

i'm so anxious fot this game i cant wait for it, but i'm also nervous because going out in the semis is heartbreakin because we're so close and we did it last year so it would suck to go out a 2nd year in a row. anyways i really dont think we canrefer to vicotry against them 2 years ago for many reasons:
-our def was much better and dida was in top form (7 games without conceeding in CL)
-ronaldo and rooney werent mature and have come a long way this season and are in top form at the moment.
-we had sheva
-we had more depth in all positions
-oh and they had carrol in goal hahha (thats why we got the win in old trafford), then again van der sar has a rep. of fcking up on long range shots like what we saw against portsmouth the other day.

but hey this is football and anything can happen and if we win the CL i'm getting a milan tattoo!!

This post has been edited by bigmacmtl: Apr 15 2007, 05:15 AM

+Quote Post

milanista88
post Apr 15 2007, 06:54 AM
Post #64

Pulcini 97

Member No.: 321

I don’t agree with the sentiments of our defence standing little chance against their attack.

OK so CR is in top form, perhaps the best player in Europe right now, but everyone else is honestly pretty inconsistent and they have more players that lack experience than we do. I firmly believe our old boys defence will be the best that man utd will play this season and hopefully their last.

As for our attack I can only hope that Ancelotti will play two upfront, just give us better scoring chances, after all it's all about the goals.

our 1st leg against Bayern: 4 shots on net=2 goals, 2nd leg: 5 shots on net=2 goals (Bayern had 8).
simply that is really low even tough we are scoring -- it's a bit puzzling and mite not always work.
Manutd on the other hand, 1st leg: 3 on net = 1 goal, 2nd leg, 15 on net = 7 goals.
Also on 2nd match: ManU: 26' 34'' Ball. Poss. (time) Roma: 31' 45''
45% Ball. Poss. (%) 55%

I think we are pretty even, they may have faster and younger legs but we have the upper hand when it comes to a solid midfield and defence. I'm still hoping c.ronaldo get injured for good sum time very soon. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Forza Milan (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/king.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/devil.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/devilsmiley.gif)

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post Apr 15 2007, 07:34 AM
Post #65

Dida per sempre

Member No.: 3,563

QUOTE (dst)
No more Pippo please. Ferdinand is going to kill him!! I mean it, he'll be taken to hospital only with a touch from Rio...

Rio may not be at 100% when game time arrives, as he hurt his groin yesterday against Watford. ManU are pretty banged up themselves.

I think we have an ace in the hole in our CL road record. We've lost only two of our last 11 CL road games (dating back to last season), conceding only four times in that span, and we're also playing in a ground we're somewhat familiar with. Even a 1-1 draw may prove invaluable.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 15 2007, 09:28 AM
Post #66

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (bigmacmtl @ Apr 15 2007, 04:13 AM)
i'm so anxious fot this game i cant wait for it, but i'm also nervous because going out in the semis is heartbreakin because we're so close and we did it last year so it would suck to go out a 2nd year in a row. anyways i really dont think we canrefer to vicotry against them 2 years ago for many reasons:
-our def was much better and dida was in top form (7 games without conceeding in CL)
-ronaldo and rooney werent mature and have come a long way this season and are in top form at the moment.
-we had sheva
-we had more depth in all positions
-oh and they had carrol in goal hahha (thats why we got the win in old trafford), then again van der sar has a rep. of fcking up on long range shots like what we saw against portsmouth the other day.

but hey this is football and anything can happen and if we win the CL i'm getting a milan tattoo!!

Sheva was not playing in either of the games against them in 04/05.

This is more Carlo v SAF. The defences both have their problems, so the game will be won in midfield.

That's why we'll play a 5 man midfield to stifle them out and hit them on the break.

+Quote Post

dst
post Apr 15 2007, 11:54 AM
Post #67

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 15 2007, 06:05 AM)
I don't know how u can rate their attack ?! I mean, it is good, but not the best .. They don't even have a qualified world class striker, yeah Rooney whatever (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)   ... If any, it is their midfield and their build up to attack, not teh attack itself.

The attack is not just the one or two forwards upfront just like the defence is not only the 4 at the back... (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

I don't get you guys. Why are you surprised that I said this? I think it's clear that if there's something that makes United special at the moment it's their attacking mechanism (is that better?)!!!

QUOTE (bigmacmtl @ Apr 15 2007, 07:13 AM)
-we had sheva

Well actually we didn't, it was Crespo! But this is not your point and we also could you use some help from Crespo...

A Milan tattoo?? Hmm... I'd never though about it, sounds interesting.

QUOTE (BMWTaylor @ Apr 15 2007, 09:34 AM)
Rio may not be at 100% when game time arrives, as he hurt his groin yesterday against Watford. ManU are pretty banged up themselves.

Even a 1-1 draw may prove invaluable.

Yeah I heard. That might indeed be good!

A 1-1 draw would be an excellent result!

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 15 2007, 12:02 PM
Post #68

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (bigmacmtl @ Apr 15 2007, 04:13 AM)

You know what happened to someone formerly known as Portugal on this site don't you?

If this happened then we will ask you for evidence (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Although it will be us against the English so highly unlikely.

QUOTE (dst @ Apr 15 2007, 10:54 AM)
The attack is not just the one or two forwards upfront just like the defence is not only the 4 at the back...  (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

I don't get you guys. Why are you surprised that I said this? I think it's clear that if there's something that makes United special at the moment it's their attacking mechanism (is that better?)!!!

I got what you said dst, but despite them being magnifacent going forward, I think we can hadle them.

This post has been edited by han2503: Apr 15 2007, 12:05 PM

+Quote Post

dst
post Apr 15 2007, 12:09 PM
Post #69

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 15 2007, 02:02 PM)
I got what you said dst, but despite them being magnifacent going forward, I think we can hadle them.

But I never said we couldn't...

This post has been edited by dst: Apr 15 2007, 12:11 PM

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 15 2007, 12:23 PM
Post #70

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (dst @ Apr 15 2007, 11:09 AM)
But I never said we couldn't...

I know you didn't I was just pointing it out, the fact that all the journalists seem to think that it's impossible from all that's coming out through the media is what's irritating

+Quote Post

dst
post Apr 15 2007, 12:27 PM
Post #71

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 15 2007, 02:23 PM)
I know you didn't I was just pointing it out, the fact that all the journalists seem to think that it's impossible from all that's coming out through the media is what's irritating

But... (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I don't care what they say, let us be the underdogs for once! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/devil.gif)

This post has been edited by dst: Apr 15 2007, 12:28 PM

+Quote Post

Locke Lamora
post Apr 15 2007, 12:47 PM
Post #72

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,499

Hey, I can't see why we can't go through.
If we hold to a draw at Old Trafford, we can still win at San Siro.
In doing so, I think patiently waiting for defensive lapses will be crucial, it seems that Man U tends to lower their defence towards the end of the game.

Okay they beat Roma 7-1, but after they scored their second goal, Roma just completely fell out of the game.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 15 2007, 12:52 PM
Post #73

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Apr 15 2007, 11:47 AM)
Hey, I can't see why we can't go through.
If we hold to a draw at Old Trafford, we can still win at San Siro.
In doing so, I think patiently waiting for defensive lapses will be crucial, it seems that Man U tends to lower their defence towards the end of the game.

Okay they beat Roma 7-1, but after they scored their second goal, Roma just completely fell out of the game.

Exactly what everyone with sense in their minds have been trying to highlight for the past few days.

I've never seen a team give in like Roma did after the second goal went in.

+Quote Post

tom_valtellina
post Apr 15 2007, 01:24 PM
Post #74

Pulcini Provinciali 98

Member No.: 3,653

There's been a lot of talk about Cristiano Ronaldo but Giggs is also a great player. I hope all the Man United guys are fit (obviously exluding those already injured), because if we're going to beat them then we may as well beat them with their best players. We can do it!

Part of me hopes that the 7-1 result will put alot of pressure on Man U. I mean, so much has been written and said over the last few days about the dazzling, attacking, swashbuckling etc etc football they produced against Roma. I think there will be pressure on them to come up with a similar performance. Milan, on the other hand, have had a difficult season and many will believe we have done well just to make the semi finals of the CL. There won't be the same expectation on us and we will go in as the underdogs, so I think we may have a slight psychological advantage in that regard.

As for what our strategy should be over the two legs, I think we definitely need to keep things tight in the first leg by playing 5 in midfield and just the one striker up front. The Old Trafford crowd will be roaring Man United forward so there will be good opportunities for us on the counter. Realistically for us, hopefully we can get a 1-1 at OT and then control the return at San Siro.

A big advantage for us is our experience on the big European stage.

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post Apr 15 2007, 01:39 PM
Post #75

7th Heaven

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 821

oops, wrong topic !!

This post has been edited by arivanjj: Apr 15 2007, 01:41 PM

+Quote Post

42 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:43 PM