> Serie A - Week 24 - Milan - Udinese, Date: 07/02/16 Time: 15:00

Forza Milan!
post Feb 8 2016, 03:47 PM
Post #76

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 12,353

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Feb 7 2016, 10:41 PM) *
Entertaining game, you can't win all of them, but you can beat expectations and to this day, Mihalovic has had a splendid season. Took a while to take off but I like what I see and the important thing is that Milan is playing like a unit.

16 year old 'Gigi Buffon esque' goalkeeper and an ever so present attacking array. The midfield isn't such a big feat, but the emphasis should not be on names but on the team collective. As such Montolivo has won me over in recent games. In short, this team (if it remains intact, with quality additions to defense and midfield) could aim for trophies galore in coming years.

Yet there is a flip side. If no one buys into Milan, the club will be forced to sell 'some' of the star performers this season to shore up losses that were accumulated from last Summer's spending and lack of Europe - It served us well to focus on building a team with little distractions. As can be confiremed by results thus far - But that lack of Europe has had significant affects to the club's income, a crucial aspect we are not affected by Sunday-to-Sunday, which should force the club to sell players at attractive offers. And lack of a new investor doesnt help either.

Not all is gloomy on the horizon, Milan has done well in scouting youth, case in point our gk and scorer. There is a different approach than was applied in seasons past (seasons of glory). I am happy that results are showing up in both the teams performance and the individual player's priority to be cohesive with the team. This environment (bar balotelli) is a catalyst to success and an aura I have missed! It is good the current owner has increased spending when ffp permitted last summer, otherwise I would be here going back and forth with how we have a foot forward and a foot falling weightless behind.

Milan is back, at least till May (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devilsmiley.gif)

I respect your optimism, but I see it differently. IMHO, our best hope is that the team is sold (majority stake) and management changed (starting from the top). If that does not happen, I see us continuing our current "downwards spiral". To your point, we will need to sell some players to balance the books (well, at least to come close to balancing the books), and that means selling anyone decent we have left (like maybe Donna, Niang, and Romagnoli), 'cause those are the only ones that will bring in any money. We have proven that we cannot get rid of our "dead wood", so that is what we will be stuck with. Maybe if we are lucky we get a couple more "Galliani specials" (meaning more players that may come "for free" but will just add to our wage problem and cannot be transferred out). Not something I am looking forward to.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Feb 9 2016, 09:02 AM
Post #77

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Feb 8 2016, 06:47 PM) *
I respect your optimism, but I see it differently. IMHO, our best hope is that the team is sold (majority stake) and management changed (starting from the top). If that does not happen, I see us continuing our current "downwards spiral". To your point, we will need to sell some players to balance the books (well, at least to come close to balancing the books), and that means selling anyone decent we have left (like maybe Donna, Niang, and Romagnoli), 'cause those are the only ones that will bring in any money. We have proven that we cannot get rid of our "dead wood", so that is what we will be stuck with. Maybe if we are lucky we get a couple more "Galliani specials" (meaning more players that may come "for free" but will just add to our wage problem and cannot be transferred out). Not something I am looking forward to.

We would be very lucky to have Silvio sell the full stake! Just that nobody is interested. so far.

Something I have said in the past and still stand by it; if I had 500M to invest in a football club. I'd go look at the EPL or Bundesliga. Simply because the return I would get from a midtable-to-topteable team in that league almost equals the return you would get for a Serie A winner.

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Feb 10 2016, 12:29 AM
Post #78

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 12,353

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Feb 9 2016, 10:02 AM) *
We would be very lucky to have Silvio sell the full stake! Just that nobody is interested. so far.

Something I have said in the past and still stand by it; if I had 500M to invest in a football club. I'd go look at the EPL or Bundesliga. Simply because the return I would get from a midtable-to-topteable team in that league almost equals the return you would get for a Serie A winner.

Can't disagree with that. The valuation accepted by Mr. Bee was "too good to be true", so it is not surprising he did not find investors. OTOH, if is true that the Chinese government is behind some of the recent investments in the sport, one can hope that they will go after a club with more history and prestige. I believe that with good management and a little money it is possible to turn Milan around. But will Berlu sell for less than he was expecting, and will he give up a majority stake?

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Feb 12 2016, 07:54 PM
Post #79

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Feb 10 2016, 03:29 AM) *
Can't disagree with that. The valuation accepted by Mr. Bee was "too good to be true", so it is not surprising he did not find investors. OTOH, if is true that the Chinese government is behind some of the recent investments in the sport, one can hope that they will go after a club with more history and prestige. I believe that with good management and a little money it is possible to turn Milan around. But will Berlu sell for less than he was expecting, and will he give up a majority stake?

If he felt pressured, he would sell at a discount. In fact I do see him selling at a discount, as the prestige and rich history could very well be just history. It would be very shrewd to detach from the sentimental aspect of Milan (for us). A new investor, don't care if Silvio has the management of new owners bring their own, just something to revive the club.

I hope that Chinese thing your talking about works out, cause I thought Mr Bee was the one representing the Chinese govt and investors.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 08:59 AM