> [EN] Premier League 2014-15

Fillipo Simone
post Aug 31 2014, 09:12 AM
Post #136

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

It's not about the Bundesliga, it's about LvG. This is his way of working: he needs the players to accept his philosophy. He's done it at Barcelona, at Bayern. Sometimes he failed.

But the main point is: he needs time. And since he, unlike Moyes, has won silverware in the past to back this up, he'll get it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Aug 31 2014, 09:45 AM
Post #137

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

van Gaal also has a history of failing really badly at the top level. in 10-11 he got sacked as Bayern weren't even in the CL places, how is that even possible? He did even worse with his most recent spell at Barca, leaving with them 3 points above relegation.

He had a full season at Bayern, then failed. Admittedly he only had 7 months at Barca before getting sacked.

I think van Gaal will eventually "succeed" but then if I was given a title winning team and another £200m to spend on top of that, I'd put up some kind of challenge too. It is impossible not to succeed in that situation IMO.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 31 2014, 10:53 AM
Post #138

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 31 2014, 09:45 AM) *
van Gaal also has a history of failing really badly at the top level. in 10-11 he got sacked as Bayern weren't even in the CL places, how is that even possible? He did even worse with his most recent spell at Barca, leaving with them 3 points above relegation.

He had a full season at Bayern, then failed. Admittedly he only had 7 months at Barca before getting sacked.

He also failed to qualify Holland for the 2002 WC if I'm not mistaken.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 31 2014, 12:13 PM
Post #139

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 31 2014, 09:12 AM) *
It's not about the Bundesliga, it's about LvG. This is his way of working: he needs the players to accept his philosophy. He's done it at Barcelona, at Bayern. Sometimes he failed.

But the main point is: he needs time. And since he, unlike Moyes, has won silverware in the past to back this up, he'll get it.

I'm not talking about how he'll overcome the difficulty of the league, I'm mainly talking about how the Bundesliga, because of it's limited amount of teams which can compete (even now it's just Dortmund and Bayern are still light-years ahead of them in terms of resources), is a more forgiving league, thus you can start really badly and recover your position after Christmas, however the EPL isn't, if they're still stumbling by December, I fail to see how they can claw their way to a CL spot by May with most of the sides having already run away with the top 4 positions

So this flaw that LvG has might still be overlooked in a lesser league, but it won't in the EPL, and if United miss out on the CL again because they've started badly, I can't see him not getting the sack

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 31 2014, 02:40 PM
Post #140

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

You've both ignored Barca...

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Aug 31 2014, 06:19 PM
Post #141

Prima Squadra

7 points in 3 games a necessary start with out next 5 being against last seasons top 5. If we can get out of these games not in relegation it would be a huge plus.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 31 2014, 07:14 PM
Post #142

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 31 2014, 06:19 PM) *
7 points in 3 games a necessary start with out next 5 being against last seasons top 5. If we can get out of these games not in relegation it would be a huge plus.

You didn't win today? I checked the scores in the last few minutes and you were still leading 2-1...

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Aug 31 2014, 07:51 PM
Post #143

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 31 2014, 08:14 PM) *
You didn't win today? I checked the scores in the last few minutes and you were still leading 2-1...

We did yes. I just meant that it was very important that we did with the awful fixtures we have coming up. 1 goal conceded in 3 games is the most pleasing stat, seeing how awful we've been at the back these past 4 years.

Our win at Stoke's fortress looks even more impressive now they've gone to Man City and won too!

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Aug 31 2014, 08:02 PM
Post #144

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,388

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 31 2014, 01:51 PM) *
We did yes. I just meant that it was very important that we did with the awful fixtures we have coming up. 1 goal conceded in 3 games is the most pleasing stat, seeing how awful we've been at the back these past 4 years.

Our win at Stoke's fortress looks even more impressive now they've gone to Man City and won too!

Hey things are looking up for both of your teams you lucky b@stard! We only get 1!

Happy to see Villa doing well. You have charmed me to always root for them whenever I see they are live on livescore.com (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Aug 31 2014, 08:24 PM
Post #145

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (KillerMax @ Aug 31 2014, 09:02 PM) *
Hey things are looking up for both of your teams you lucky b@stard! We only get 1!

Happy to see Villa doing well. You have charmed me to always root for them whenever I see they are live on livescore.com (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

It's still sad overall. Both Milan and Villa overspent and then decided to cut down the wage bill so they both became "bad" at the roughly the same time. Will be nice to see them both move up the table again. Promising starts for both. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 31 2014, 08:40 PM
Post #146

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 31 2014, 07:51 PM) *

I thought you'd won the previous 2 games as well, which is why I thought you drew in the last minutes today because of the 7 points instead of 9 which I was assuming you were on. My bad.

And same as Max, when I watch an EPL side against Villa for some reason I end up rooting for them, probably because of you

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Aug 31 2014, 10:48 PM
Post #147

Prima Squadra

Oohh I see, nah we drew with Newcastle last weekend.

Well I appreciate that you guys show some kind of support for them, thanks. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Sep 1 2014, 08:05 AM
Post #148

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

Newcastle rule and Aston Villa drool. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Sep 1 2014, 01:12 PM
Post #149

Prima Squadra

Falcao to United on loan. So they needed a CB and CM and they've signed wingers and attackers. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Sep 1 2014, 02:37 PM
Post #150

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

Did Rojo's permit get sorted out? As for CM, once Carrick returns along with Herrera it should last them to CL places. Falcao makes sense, since LvG doesn't want Welbeck and Hernandez. So they have Rooney and RvP alone.

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 10:03 PM