Guests cannot vote 

Fillipo Simone
post Jan 7 2015, 01:26 PM
Post #1

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

Another frustrating match. Do you guys want a Pippo-meter? And how should I form the question/answers?

As for the match itself, MoM easily to Bonaventura. Alex tried his best, SES also showed some effort at the beginning, but lost it mid-way through.

Flop? Rami for sure with a disastrous performance, followed by Essien and Montolivo. Terrible, terrible play.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies

Fillipo Simone
post Jan 7 2015, 02:05 PM
Post #2

Primavera
Group Icon

Really? Did you guys see Rami? Completely lost on the flank, no sense of space and marking. Yes, much of the danger was pre-created by Essien and Monto passing to the opposition, and MDS had some real trouble with Berardi. But it was Rami who never covered, never was there when the Sassuolo players decided to use the right flank. Much of the goals is on him for me, and his overall play was poor.

At least Monto tried something offensively, made some nice passes that almost created something. I know, it's very poor, but still.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jan 7 2015, 04:43 PM
Post #3

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 7 2015, 01:05 PM) *
Really? Did you guys see Rami? Completely lost on the flank, no sense of space and marking. Yes, much of the danger was pre-created by Essien and Monto passing to the opposition, and MDS had some real trouble with Berardi. But it was Rami who never covered, never was there when the Sassuolo players decided to use the right flank. Much of the goals is on him for me, and his overall play was poor.

At least Monto tried something offensively, made some nice passes that almost created something. I know, it's very poor, but still.

I agree on how terrible Rami was, as I've preached for so so long he's an average defender at best with utterly suspect positional sense. He's good with the ball at his feet (maybe better in midfield, tbh), but terrible at everything else. And that's at his supposed best position of CB. And he let his man go totally for the opening goal. No argument here. He was painful.

But that was maybe the worst I've ever seen Monto play. That he was even worse than Rami gives some idea how utterly awful he was. I didn't see a single 'nice pass' from him.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 7 2015, 09:47 PM
Post #4

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Danny @ Jan 7 2015, 04:43 PM) *
I agree on how terrible Rami was, as I've preached for so so long he's an average defender at best with utterly suspect positional sense. He's good with the ball at his feet (maybe better in midfield, tbh), but terrible at everything else. And that's at his supposed best position of CB. And he let his man go totally for the opening goal. No argument here. He was painful.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

Rami was playing at RB, he's been good at CB as of late when he's played next to Mexes.

Rami was playing out of position, he's simply not a RB, but was plugging a hole that we had no one else to fill.

I think he was bad, but for me flop has to either go to Essien or DS. DS was having so much trouble with Berardi and most of Sassuolo's best plays came from him

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jan 7 2015, 11:23 PM
Post #5

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 7 2015, 11:47 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

Rami was playing at RB, he's been good at CB as of late when he's played next to Mexes.

Rami was playing out of position, he's simply not a RB, but was plugging a hole that we had no one else to fill.

I think he was bad, but for me flop has to either go to Essien or DS. DS was having so much trouble with Berardi and most of Sassuolo's best plays came from him

Well, I for one completely disagree.

Firstly, yes, Essien was bad, but Monto was even worse because his mistake resulted the first goal in the first place.

Secondly, MDS, really? Sure, he had a very bad showing, but no - the danger came from the right, which was always left completely uncovered by Rami. Sansone and Zaza were by far the more dangerous duo, coming from the right. You can see at the highlights, the best chances Sassuolo created (bar that one Berardi counter) all were on the right.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jan 8 2015, 04:28 PM
Post #6

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 7 2015, 10:23 PM) *
Well, I for one completely disagree.

Firstly, yes, Essien was bad, but Monto was even worse because his mistake resulted the first goal in the first place.

Secondly, MDS, really? Sure, he had a very bad showing, but no - the danger came from the right, which was always left completely uncovered by Rami. Sansone and Zaza were by far the more dangerous duo, coming from the right. You can see at the highlights, the best chances Sassuolo created (bar that one Berardi counter) all were on the right.

We disagree on a lot, but for once you've nailed it.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 10:22 AM