Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sign up Carlo

Danny
post Sep 28 2017, 02:13 PM
Post #1

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

If our owners have any sense they will fire Montella and sign the new-available Carlo Ancelotti.

/the end.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Sep 28 2017, 02:21 PM
Post #2

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,786

QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 28 2017, 04:13 PM) *
If our owners have any sense they will fire Montella and sign the new-available Carlo Ancelotti.

/the end.

I agree.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 28 2017, 02:28 PM
Post #3

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

Totally.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Sep 28 2017, 02:29 PM
Post #4

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

Umm. I dunno. Hopefully he's still available in the winter. This isn't the sort of team Carlo can do much with. Can't recall the last time, Carlo worked with a team under construction.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Sep 28 2017, 02:39 PM
Post #5

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 28 2017, 02:29 PM) *
Umm. I dunno. Hopefully he's still available in the winter. This isn't the sort of team Carlo can do much with. Can't recall the last time, Carlo worked with a team under construction.

I'd be willing to give him a year or two. That honour only goes to those who have earned it.

Bayern's loss would be our gain, big time.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 28 2017, 06:58 PM
Post #6

"Ancelotti was appointed Milan manager on 5 November 2001, after Fatih Terim was sacked due to poor results"

He managed to get us 4th that season.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 28 2017, 07:20 PM
Post #7

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

Well when he took us on we were sort of under construction. We had a lot of pieces that he put together and made them work.

Seedorf, Pirlo and Rino were his tactical brilliance and no one else's

But again, I feel like he wouldn't be the right man for the job atm. For me, the ideal man for the job would be Conte, everyone else is miles behind

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 28 2017, 07:22 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 28 2017, 07:20 PM) *
Well when he took us on we were sort of under construction. We had a lot of pieces that he put together and made them work.

Seedorf, Pirlo and Rino were his tactical brilliance and no one else's

But again, I feel like he wouldn't be the right man for the job atm. For me, the ideal man for the job would be Conte, everyone else is miles behind

Conti is unreachable. Between Montella and Carlo, I'd choose the latter without thinking twice.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Sep 29 2017, 11:20 AM
Post #9

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 28 2017, 07:22 PM) *
Conti is unreachable. Between Montella and Carlo, I'd choose the latter without thinking twice.

I don't want Conte. Carlo is the man. The only guy capable of dragging us out of this pit.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Sep 30 2017, 03:09 PM
Post #10

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

My only point in favour of Carlo is that he could probably fix our midfield that we haven't managed to make work for nearly 5 years now.

Other than that, I wonder if he's a bit behind the times tactically now. The game has moved on a lot now. This high pressing, aggressive tactics are what seems to be in at the moment.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Oct 1 2017, 11:30 AM
Post #11

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 30 2017, 03:09 PM) *
My only point in favour of Carlo is that he could probably fix our midfield that we haven't managed to make work for nearly 5 years now.

Other than that, I wonder if he's a bit behind the times tactically now. The game has moved on a lot now. This high pressing, aggressive tactics are what seems to be in at the moment.

Won the Bundesliga by 15 points and was denied by a borderline cheating Real in the UCL.

Yeah, he's definitely past it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 1 2017, 02:52 PM
Post #12

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Danny @ Oct 1 2017, 11:30 AM) *
Won the Bundesliga by 15 points and was denied by a borderline cheating Real in the UCL.

Yeah, he's definitely past it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I think coaches have a sell-by-date just as much as players.

Carlo is a great coach, one of the best, but he isn't a modern coach either. With Bayern he didn't have much competition for the league plus he has a top class side at his disposal.

I might seem like I'm contradicting myself because I'm praising him in one post and doubting him in the next but that's just a reflection of how I feel about him coming back. On the one hand I regard him as a top coach, because he's achieved great things all around Europe, we have that nostalgia factor going on as well because he was the last really successful coach we had and he's also a great man manager which is something we need. But on the other hand I don't see him as the right man for job with the group we have now

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 1 2017, 04:06 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 1 2017, 02:52 PM) *
I think coaches have a sell-by-date just as much as players.

Carlo is a great coach, one of the best, but he isn't a modern coach either. With Bayern he didn't have much competition for the league plus he has a top class side at his disposal.

I might seem like I'm contradicting myself because I'm praising him in one post and doubting him in the next but that's just a reflection of how I feel about him coming back. On the one hand I regard him as a top coach, because he's achieved great things all around Europe, we have that nostalgia factor going on as well because he was the last really successful coach we had and he's also a great man manager which is something we need. But on the other hand I don't see him as the right man for job with the group we have now

You're making Carlo look like Dino Zoff or something. He's still a very capable coach at the prime of his game. Why isn't he a modern coach? What makes a coach modern in the first place?

+Quote Post

Danny
post Oct 2 2017, 02:25 PM
Post #14

Allievi Nazionali

Speaking of Carlo and what he was good at, I just won the Champions League on my first attempt with Pro Evo 18 as Milan.

Leonardo Bonucci finally got to hold the trophy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post Oct 3 2017, 11:02 AM
Post #15

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,873

QUOTE (Danny @ Oct 2 2017, 03:25 PM) *
Speaking of Carlo and what he was good at, I just won the Champions League on my first attempt with Pro Evo 18 as Milan.

Leonardo Bonucci finally got to hold the trophy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I play online divisions, last 12 games one draw and 11 losses.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:55 AM