Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Summer business - happy?

X-Offender
post Mar 21 2018, 09:50 PM
Post #76

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

Don't forget we'll be getting Bacca back as Villareal won't sign him. So we'll have to find a solution for both him and Kalinic.

My goal is Belotti. After this season his price tag will drop significantly. Him, a quality left winger and possibly a top CM and we'd be good. But I don't see us spending a lot in midfield, so we'll have to make do with Biglia for next season as well.

Unless we sell Donnarumma, especially sign we've signed Reina. Honestly, if somebody comes knocking with a +70M offer, I'd sell him on the spot.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 22 2018, 10:13 PM
Post #77

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 21 2018, 09:50 PM) *
Don't forget we'll be getting Bacca back as Villareal won't sign him. So we'll have to find a solution for both him and Kalinic.

My goal is Belotti. After this season his price tag will drop significantly. Him, a quality left winger and possibly a top CM and we'd be good. But I don't see us spending a lot in midfield, so we'll have to make do with Biglia for next season as well.

Unless we sell Donnarumma, especially sign we've signed Reina. Honestly, if somebody comes knocking with a +70M offer, I'd sell him on the spot.

We'll see, I honestly can't see either Bacca or Kalinic staying. Bacca left on a sour note, and we don't need another poacher in this squad. Kalinic is testing Rino, add to that, the fans never wanted him and it's a bad situation all-round. We'll lose money on both, but in the long run we'll save a lot on wages since both are on pretty big contracts.

Agreed about Belotti. We'll see if Cairo would want to sell him though since he was holding out for a 100m last summer while after this season he can barely command a 25m price tag for him. Still a top quality striker though that I'd love to have on the team. Him , Immobile or Balo are all good with me

As for key signings, I agree, we need a top finisher and a pacey left winger for sure. Honestly, I'd try to go for a cut price on Duelofeu for the wing and someone like Verdi maybe. We wouldn't need to brake the bank for either (plus Verdi is home grown so an even bigger plus). We need speed upfront and both provide that. For the midfield we've been linked with Wilshere, he's a free agent this summer, I'd take him. Maybe he can replace Bona on that left side. He's been absolutely anonymous this season bar those few goals. We should also look into Barella from Cagliari, this kid reminds me so much of Verratti, just go in with a good offer and Cagliari will take it. We absolutely cannot miss out on him because you know Juve will sign him.

I also think we need to think about replacing Rodriguez tbh but it wouldn't be a top priority. So basically that's 2 mids (one for free if Wilshere were to come), 2 wingers (Deu and Verdi would probably cost a combined 30m) and a top striker and I think we'd be set to challenge for next season.

All this could be done with less than a 100m

And agreed about Donna. At this point, him and his agent are more hassle than they're worth. If a good offer comes in we should sell him ASAP. Too bad we already signed Reina, I'd have gone for Perin to replace Donna. He might not have as high a ceiling as Donna but as of right now, he's the better keeper imo

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Mar 26 2018, 09:27 PM
Post #78

You think Deulofeu and Verdi will be enough? I think we need two big names in attack, two players who can elevate us to another level. Belotti is one, but for the that left wing I'm thinking more someone of the level of Reus, i.e. an established top player. Verdi and Deulofeu I think would take us nowhere.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 27 2018, 08:44 PM
Post #79

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 26 2018, 09:27 PM) *
You think Deulofeu and Verdi will be enough? I think we need two big names in attack, two players who can elevate us to another level. Belotti is one, but for the that left wing I'm thinking more someone of the level of Reus, i.e. an established top player. Verdi and Deulofeu I think would take us nowhere.

They'd give us a weapon we lack in our attack, speed. It's something we desperately need. Had we had that extra step of pace in our attack we'd have scored a lot more goals this season.

Also Belotti is coming off a bad season, atm I'd be a bit on the fence about him, especially if Cairo still wants the ridiculous 80m he was asking for last summer. After this season, wouldn't pay more than 30m for him

Honestly, I'd take Immobile over him atm.

I was thinking more along the lines of Deulofeu and Verdi because I'd much rather spend the big money on a top striker and a Bonaventura replacement in the midfield tbh.

Reus I don't think is a possibility for us, plus, doesn't he spend nearly 2/3 of any season out injured?

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Mar 29 2018, 08:25 PM
Post #80

Yeah, but those names you mentioned won't bring us anywhere.

We're being linked with Depay: http://www.calciomercato.com/news/depay-ap...stringere-48884

It says we have to wait UEFA and what position we'll finish in the league to see whether we can afford a 40-50 million investment like him.

Now that's somebody I would gladly welcome with open arms.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 30 2018, 01:51 PM
Post #81

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 29 2018, 08:25 PM) *
Yeah, but those names you mentioned won't bring us anywhere.

We're being linked with Depay: http://www.calciomercato.com/news/depay-ap...stringere-48884

It says we have to wait UEFA and what position we'll finish in the league to see whether we can afford a 40-50 million investment like him.

Now that's somebody I would gladly welcome with open arms.

40 to 50m for Depay??

No way, he's not worth that. He's too inconsistent, not to mention his failed stint at United which makes me question whether he can be effective in a difficult league

I actually disagree about them not taking us anywhere, maybe we won't be competing for the title but it puts us in a good spot for top 4 if we can get a top striker and a top CM. An outlet like Deulofeu in attack if we have all the other parts of cog working well would be the perfect complement. We can go for a flashy name at LW the summer after that. But I'd rather have a solid spine before we go for a more flashy winger that would negate us signing a Bona replacement or a 20+ goal striker

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Apr 1 2018, 10:53 AM
Post #82

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

I think we have to be smart next summer. In some sense we should replicate the last summer only with better pickings.

1) We have to decide whether we are gonna continue with Rino or appoint a new coach. If Conte is willing I'd pick him ahead of anyone. If not, and perhaps Carletto as well ends with Italy I'd go with Gattuso for another season because I don't see anyone else available who could actually improve us.

2) We need good backups. Yesterday we partially lost because we had poor sub choices in young kids and washed out players like Monto or Kalinić. Now we have to work our way up with signing true reinforcements.

3) True reinforcements meaning: 1 world class striker or winger and a first team creative player. I would sell one of Zapata/Musacchio and sign a proper leftback because it's obvious that Rodriguez is too slow, too poor in marking and very clumsy overall [perhaps Conti can do the left and Calabria stay on the right?]. Then we need a quality dynamic midfielder who can take Bonaventura's or Kessie's spot. We've been mentioning Fabregas, I'd be in. Several other options will pop up for sure. And then there's the attacking problem: if we can sign Belotti, I'd be in. Cavani would be even better. But IMO if we could pick a top winger or a top striker I'd go for the winger, and leave Bacca. In all honesty we created this whole attack problem by shipping off Bacca and signing a player who's obviously much worse then him.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Apr 1 2018, 12:17 PM
Post #83

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 1 2018, 10:53 AM) *
Then we need a quality dynamic midfielder who can take Bonaventura's or Kessie's spot.

You do realize that Kessie is one of the pillars we have to build on. Why would you want to replace him?

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 1 2018, 12:54 PM
Post #84

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 1 2018, 10:53 AM) *
I think we have to be smart next summer. In some sense we should replicate the last summer only with better pickings.

1) We have to decide whether we are gonna continue with Rino or appoint a new coach. If Conte is willing I'd pick him ahead of anyone. If not, and perhaps Carletto as well ends with Italy I'd go with Gattuso for another season because I don't see anyone else available who could actually improve us.

2) We need good backups. Yesterday we partially lost because we had poor sub choices in young kids and washed out players like Monto or Kalinić. Now we have to work our way up with signing true reinforcements.

3) True reinforcements meaning: 1 world class striker or winger and a first team creative player. I would sell one of Zapata/Musacchio and sign a proper leftback because it's obvious that Rodriguez is too slow, too poor in marking and very clumsy overall [perhaps Conti can do the left and Calabria stay on the right?]. Then we need a quality dynamic midfielder who can take Bonaventura's or Kessie's spot. We've been mentioning Fabregas, I'd be in. Several other options will pop up for sure. And then there's the attacking problem: if we can sign Belotti, I'd be in. Cavani would be even better. But IMO if we could pick a top winger or a top striker I'd go for the winger, and leave Bacca. In all honesty we created this whole attack problem by shipping off Bacca and signing a player who's obviously much worse then him.

We definitely have to be smart, the budget won't be nearly as big as it was last summer.

1) I think Rino is done for next season, they're renewing his contract. And at this point I think he's the best choice, Conte will want big signings and I don't think we can accommodate him just yet and I don't think Carlo is going to come back (Just a feeling, I don't know why)

2) Agreed about the back up, we have no one on the bench who can come on and make a difference, and if one of our starters is injured the quality drops down big time.

3) Musacchio is a definite keep for me. Zapata is finished. I'd rather have Musacchio and Gomez being the backups (although I have a feeling Gomez will be used as a swap with a S. American club if we want one of their players). Kessie atm is untouchable. He started the season shakily but he's shown how important he can be ever since Rino took over he's been a dominant force in our midfield. He shut out Radja, Milinkovic-Savic and the Juve midfield yesterday for the majority of the game. He's someone we can build on. I think a Bona replacement is much more critical at this point, he's been shockingly bad this season and the only reason people aren't getting on his back more is because he's been so important for us in previous season so people are giving him a pass. But fact is, he should be replaced ASAP. He kills our attacking game with his over-dribbling and constant shooting. Cesc is an option, so is Wilshere, maybe Gomes as Barca could also be available, and I'd also look at Kovacic who barely gets a look in at Real. Cavani could be a far more cost-effective solution for us, and after this season there's a bit of a question mark over Belotti for me. And really? Bacca is not the solution, he won't stay with us next season either. He's a moaning complainer who needs chances handed to him on a silver platter. Cutrone did what he couldn't do last season in this one. He'll most likely stay at Villareal but they'll want to renegotiate the 18m option as they're not going to be paying that much for him. As for Rodriguez, he was a decently sized investment, I don't think we'll change him until the summer after the coming one. And even though I think we need better, for now I feel we have more pressing areas that need attention.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Apr 1 2018, 04:02 PM
Post #85

True, Bona has been really bad. In the past he was a very dependable player, but this season he's doing more harm than good.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 08:16 AM