16 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Serie A - Week 23 - A.C. Milan vs S.S. Lazio, Date: 1st Feb 2011 - Time: 19:45 GMT

X-Offender
post Jan 31 2011, 06:08 PM
Post #31

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

Called-up players: Abbiati, Roma, Antonini, Bonera, Didac Vilà (n.35), Jankulovski, Legrottaglie (n.66), Oddo, Papastathopoulos, Thiago Silva, Yepes, Calvano (n.54), Emanuelson, Flamini, Merkel, Cassano, Ibrahimovic, Oduamadi, Pato, Robinho.

So, Legrottaglie has chosen #66 and Didac Vilà #35. I know that talking about shirt numbers is very childish, but why can't they choose normal numbers, like 2, 5, 12, 22, 24 etc? Jeez!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

il_diavolo_mtl
post Jan 31 2011, 06:30 PM
Post #32

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,245

it won't happen but i'd love to see D. Villa and Odumandi play this game (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jan 31 2011, 06:49 PM
Post #33

First of all, he's called Oduamadi, without the 'n'. Secondly, why are you so obsessed with him? I'd give you right if you called Strasser or Merkel, or even Verdi, but Oduamadi has proven nothing. He was a joke in pre-season, and I remember that one performance against Catania in September, when people started laughing at his clumsiness. I'd pass if I were you.

+Quote Post

il_diavolo_mtl
post Jan 31 2011, 06:56 PM
Post #34

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,245

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 31 2011, 12:49 PM) *
First of all, he's called Oduamadi, without the 'n'. Secondly, why are you so obsessed with him? I'd give you right if you called Strasser or Merkel, or even Verdi, but Oduamadi has proven nothing. He was a joke in pre-season, and I remember that one performance against Catania in September, when people started laughing at his clumsiness. I'd pass if I were you.

he's been very good in the primavera this year and shows promise. i won't argue that he is really raw atm but he is pretty good. I just want to see him play, he has a great flair about him. I'm not going to say he deserves to start over any one, I just like his style.

This post has been edited by il_diavolo_mtl: Jan 31 2011, 06:56 PM

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jan 31 2011, 09:06 PM
Post #35

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

Who the hell is Calvano?

it won't happen but i'd love to see D. Villa and Odumandi play this game smile.gif

Vila and Oduamadi (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I know that talking about shirt numbers is very childish, but why can't they choose normal numbers, like 2, 5, 12, 22, 24 etc? Jeez!!!

Actually, I agree with you. I don't get it. Is it so cool to have a number on your back that's also part of your birthyear? I really don't get it. But maybe numbers like 5 and 22 are reserved for "better" or "permanent" players.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jan 31 2011, 10:19 PM
Post #36

Vila had #5 at Espanyol and #12 at Spain U20. Why didn't he pick any of those? They were free.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Feb 1 2011, 09:46 AM
Post #37

Primavera

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,265

The only conclusion I can draw is that in a big club like Milan, such random numbers as 35 put less pressure on a 20yo kid than main numbers like 5 do...

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Feb 1 2011, 10:49 AM
Post #38

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

I'd never thought of it like that, you do have a point. Especially if it's a number that down the year has gained some sort of 'legend' status. It could probably be said for everyone, not just young players. Like Oliveria having to take over from Sheva's #7, such pressure to succeed.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Feb 1 2011, 10:56 AM
Post #39

Primavera

Exactly. but then again, we gave a 18yo Pato that #7...

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Feb 1 2011, 11:04 AM
Post #40

Primavera
Group Icon

Indeed. And also, may Costacurtas legacy be a pressure for the next number 5, but there's also Emersons legacy.

I don't think it's that. Antonini, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Cassano...I don't think those players wanted to avoid pressure.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Feb 1 2011, 02:03 PM
Post #41

Primavera

I was specifically talking about Vila.

As for the players you mentioned, Dinho (as well as Binho) and Ronaldo picked #80 and #99 simply because #10 and #9 weren't available. and Cassano wore #99 at Samp as well so it's not unusual.

Don't know about Luca...

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Feb 1 2011, 02:16 PM
Post #42

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

I think players don't really get the 'proper' numbers till they're certain of being actual first team squad players. It might also be superstition. For example, Antonini and Silva because they did so well with their old numbers might be hesitant to change.

EDIT: Silva's is different. He wanted 3, and that being unavailable chose 33.

P.S: It's amazing how it feels odd to not have something to complain about, so we brought up this issue. Man, we suck! But let's not stop!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Whine till the apocalypse my friends! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smoke.gif)

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Feb 1 2011, 02:51 PM
Post #43

CrAzY EyeS

Member No.: 3,723

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Feb 1 2011, 09:03 AM) *

As for the players you mentioned, Dinho (as well as Binho) and Ronaldo picked #80 and #99 simply because #10 and #9 weren't available. and Cassano wore #99 at Samp as well so it's not unusual.

Don't know about Luca...

Cassano wore the 99 at Sampdoria as a tribute to Ronaldo after he chose 99 at Milan (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

So it's only natural that when he arrived at Milan and 9 was obviously out of the question, 99 would be his to wear.

I actually find 99 acceptable for some reason too, aside from other exceedingly larger and awkward double digits.

I think I can thank R9 for that too.

This post has been edited by TriniKing_CE: Feb 1 2011, 02:54 PM

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Feb 1 2011, 03:03 PM
Post #44

CrAzY EyeS

Member No.: 3,723

FLAMINI IS BACK | AC MILAN

(IMG:http://media3.acmilan.com/uploads/news/images/GRUPPO400_(1).jpg)

This afternoon the Rossoneri had their final training session ahead of tomorrow’s Serie A clash against Lazio. The team trained on the central field. Coach Allegri’s men first did the warm-up, then worked on ball possession and tactics before playing a match amongst the squad. Flamini and new signings Didac Vilà and Legrottaglie trained with the rest of the group. All three have been included in the squad for tomorrow’s game against the Biancocelesti.

(IN THE PHOTO Flamini in the group)

MILANELLO - Milan’s season continues without a break. Two days after the away game at Catania another massive match awaits the Rossoneri, as coach Allegri’s team is set to host Lazio at the San Siro tomorrow evening.

The team began training on the central field at 15.00 CET, after Massimiliano Allegri’s pre-game press conference. The first twenty minutes were dedicated to warm-up, then passing drills in couples and groups of three followed.

Afterwards, the Rossoneri did a series of ball possession exercises for about 20-25 minutes, before coach Allegri had them work on tactics, with the match against Lazio in mind. The session finished with the usual match amongst the squad.

As for individuals, Nicola Legrottaglie and Didac Vilà completed the entire practice with the rest of the group, as did Mathieu Flamini.

At the end of the session, coach Allegri named his squad for tomorrow’s game against Lazio:

Abbiati, Roma, Antonini, Bonera, Didac Vilà (no. 35), Jankulovski, Legrottaglie (no. 66), Oddo, Papastathopoulos, Thiago Silva, Yepes, Calvano (no. 54), Emanuelson, Flamini, Merkel, Cassano, Ibrahimovic, Oduamadi, Pato, Robinho.
Unavailable: Amelia, Abate, Nesta, Zambrotta, Ambrosini, Boateng, Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf, Strasser, Inzaghi.
Suspended: Van Bommel.

Link: http://www.acmilan.com/en/news/show/131916

KEY WORD IS INTENSITY | AC MILAN

(IMG:http://media3.acmilan.com/uploads/news/images/14001.jpg)

Against Lazio the will need to play 'with great intensity, right off the start’, said Massimiliano Allegris in his pre-game press coneference at Milanello today. The Rossoneri coach also welcomed new signing Nicola Legrottaglie, who is set to train with his new teammates this afternoon and then probably will get called up for tomorrow’s game against the Roman side ‘to give a hand’ if needed. As for the formation, coach Allegri said that ‘Ibra will play, I’m still to choose between Cassan and Pato. We’ve lost two men in midfield, but Flamini is back’.

(In the photo, coach Allegri during today’s press conference at Milanello)

MILANELLO – This is what Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri had to say in his pre-game press conference this afternoon:

ON THE FORMATION
‘I’ll see later this afternoon, after the training session. In midfield, we have lost two players, Ambrosini and Van Bommel, to injury, but Flamini should be available again. He’s the only one to recover for this game.
Just as before the game at Catania, I can confirm that in attack Ibra will definitely play, but I don’t know yet about the others. Robinho may play and could be in the starting eleven tomorrow, because physically he’s fine. Then I’ll have to choose between Cassano and Pato. Antonio has played more lately and despite not being in top form from a fitness point of view, he’s been doing well and I’m satisfied with him’.

ON LEGROTTAGLIE’S ARRIVAL AND ON THE TRANSFER MARKET
‘We discussed it with the club and the management was ready to make a quick a move. We’re at the most difficult and most important stage of the season and we have a lot of injured players. In midfield, a lot of players are missing, but they are expected to recover before the injured defenders. Nesta and Zambrotta are still undergoing rehabilitation and Abate is still unavailable as well. We could use Legrottaglie’s experience. This afternoon he’ll train with us and then he could be available for selection for tomorrow’s game.
If his transfer was triggered by Thiago’s new position? Yes, but as I’ve already said, most of all because the injuries suffered by Nesta and Zambrotta, apart from Abate’s problems. Someone like Legrottaglie can be useful and could give us a hand.
A mark out of 10 to Milan’s transfer campaign? I won’t say 10, because 10 would mean perfect and I don't like considering anything that perfect. So I’d say 9’.

ON THE TEAM AND THE SEASON
‘The most important thing for is my players’ commitment. Also on Sunday, they all were ready to help the team. Jankulovski, who this season practically didn’t play before, gave us a hand. as did Oddo again after great performances against Genoa and Napoli before getting injured and then against Bari in the Italian Cup. Yepes is doing a good job as well and so does Papastathopoulos. When I make my decisions I’m serene, because I know that those who’ll play will give their best.
Now I have a lot of players at my disposal, but I think I’ll have no problems managing the squad, but choosing players to field. Those who won’t play in a given match will have to accept my decision calmly, but of course they shouldn’t just put up with it. All of us need to have only one thing in mind: winning. The Champions League list? Yes, it’s true that we’ve promised to Inzaghi to put him on the list. Hopefully, he’ll be available late March and that he’ll have the chance to play for us in the Champions League’.

ON MILAN-LAZIO
‘Lazio are doing pretty well, have great players and a strong team spirit. We’re at a crucial stage of the season, we can’t afford to lose points now. Our objective is getting at least 80 points, which in my opinion should be enough to win the championship. So we need 11 more wins. We have to take one game at a time. Lazio are very strong technically thanks to players like Hernanes, Mauri, Ledesma, Matuzalem, Brocchi and and at the back have a solid defence. They’re good at counter-attacks. We’ll need to be careful and determined. The match at Catania, the one against Lazio and the game against Genoa are three fundamental encounters for us. We’re not looking too much ahead, as I said, we want to take one game at a time.
An adjective for tomorrow’s match? It’s a difficult question. It will be a match in which we’ll need to play with great intensity. It will be important to approach the game with the right attitude. They tend to lower the pace and so we’ll have to try to maintain a high intensity’.

ON ALEXANDRE PATO
‘If he’ll play tomorrow, I’ll expect a great performance from him, like the one he put in against Sampdoria and Cesena, when he was a substitute. Pato’s qualities can’t be doubted and this goes for every Milan player. The championship, the Italian Cup and the Champions League are three competitions in which you have to play with great intensity if you want to do well, as it showed against Catania. At the Massimino, Pato was set to come on in the second half, he warmed up, but then fortunately I waited to make the substitution. If I hadn’t, we would have finished the game with 9 players. I’m very pleased with what he’s doing’.

ON THE WIN AT CATANIA
’It was very important for us because of the three points and because we managed to win the game thanks to sacrifice and determination. You always have to give all you have and because of this I need everyone. Merkel? He’s played a lot recently, he worked a lot in the first half and did great things in a difficult game. For a youngster like him it was a good testing ground’.

Link: http://www.acmilan.com/en/news/show/131913

This post has been edited by TriniKing_CE: Feb 1 2011, 03:07 PM

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Feb 1 2011, 03:10 PM
Post #45

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Feb 1 2011, 02:03 PM) *

Don't know about Luca...

Yes, but that's the problem - it's really rediculous. Ronaldinho wore the number 21 for both Brazil and PSG. Why can't players accept having normal numbers instead of #80 or like Coco had #77. The #99 I guess is kind of a hommage or something like that, but the others...

And why did Oddo all the sudden change from #44 to #17?

+Quote Post

16 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 05:10 PM