5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Milan - Panathinaikos 06/08/10, Why Are We Playing This Friendly?

Fishdoll
post Aug 7 2010, 02:59 AM
Post #61

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 7,075

Berretta snap header looked good. Abate in for Rino.

*yawn*

FT 0-0. Now I need to wake up.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Dracoris
post Aug 7 2010, 03:00 AM
Post #62

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,716

Well at least our goalkeepers are getting a lot of training!

+Quote Post

Fishdoll
post Aug 7 2010, 03:11 AM
Post #63

Giovanissimi Nazionali

At least there's that!

+Quote Post

elcordobez
post Aug 7 2010, 04:36 AM
Post #64

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 251

QUOTE (Dracoris @ Aug 7 2010, 12:00 PM) *
Well at least our goalkeepers are getting a lot of training!

Amelia made a a few good saves,but that half save he made on Govou's effort which hit the bar i think actually bounced in.

I think our goalkeeping situation is the best we've had for a few seasons.

But that was quite a boring friendly tbh we should have lost,we had promising link up plays from our youngsters though,Merkel again was solid i just hope those guys can help turn their performance into results for us this season.

This post has been edited by elcordobez: Aug 7 2010, 04:38 AM

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Aug 7 2010, 07:04 AM
Post #65

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,660

Merkel should move up to the first team. We don't need another midfield signing, he's good enough to play and will probably be better than what we would have signed anyways. (ledesma etc.)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 7 2010, 10:07 AM
Post #66

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

Are there any highlights, I slept though it and from the rundown the fish made it seems I made the right choice...

+Quote Post

elcordobez
post Aug 7 2010, 10:48 AM
Post #67

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 251

QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 7 2010, 07:07 PM) *
Are there any highlights, I slept though it and from the rundown the fish made it seems I made the right choice...

highlights -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TA4uA3WqRuE

Should subscribe to that guys channel he usually has everything.

+Quote Post

Fishdoll
post Aug 7 2010, 11:47 AM
Post #68

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Wow. So the game went to penalties - which Fox Soccer in their pinheaded wisdom did NOT show.

Milan won the penalties 5-3 (with Bonera scoring the winner). link

EDIT: Here're the official postmatch comments from acmilan.com's english page (they really do have a better translator this year):

ALLGRI: "We are improving with hard work."
8/7/2010
PONTIAC - "After London and the USA I can go home satisfied. Also this evening we gave our all and created a lot while the energy lasted. To keep on working in a happy and relaxed manner is fundamental. I together with the team are getting to know each other, so they is plenty of room for improvement. Here there are quality players, which helps a lot. Antonini? It was he who gave me the opportunity to play him in midfield, because in football only skill is never enough. Merkel? He is skillful, knows his whereabouts on the pitch and has the right timing for his passing. He needs to grow, like the other youngsters, who all can comfortably hold their own in the first-team squad."

BONERA: "What matters is that we are united in intent."
8/7/2010
PONTIAC - "At the final whistle we thought the match had ended a draw; instead, there were penalties. We won and it worked out that my penalty was the winner. This is the first time that something like this has happened to me and it is a great feeling. I am happy especially about the spirit we showed. The match could have been more difficult than it was, seeing the state of the pitch, the opponents, the weather; however, we showed the necessary group spirit. Fitness level is improving and it is good to see that in the middle of different problems, we are working hard to improve. And it is the united spirit that gives us reason to hope. We haven't had much time these past few days, so we have intensified our work rate in training. This will continue when we return to Milan and after resting a couple of days, we'll get back training again."

AMELIA: "The coach can rest content."
8/7/2010
PONTIAC - "I am satisfied about this evening's match. I believe it was a good entertaining match despite uncertain conditions underfoot. I made a number of saves, but also Abbiati played a good first half. The fact we are taking steps match after match means there is a lot of hard work being done. As far as I am concerned, playing with different defenders gives me the chance to get to know my team-mates more and to create a feeling with all of them. What's more, the coach can evaluate everybody. What's certain is that we gave them a number of scoring chances, which is normal at this stage of the pre-season. As their goal goes, perhaps it was in, but I haven't seen a replay of what happened. It can happen in football, though. This evening, anyway, the result wasn't as important as what we showed the coach on the pitch.

MERKEL: "I am delighted to be playing so much."
8/7/2010
PONTIAC - "I feel fine and I am happy. It is a magical moment because I am enjoying playing so much, between here and London I have played a lot. I feel the coach's trust in me and this is important. During the match, I touch the ball often, I link up a lot with the team. I am just as happy with the players closer to me, Borriello and Pato, than with those who play deeper. I am in the middle of so many champions, and I hope I can learn a lot from them and become a champion too.

This post has been edited by Fishdoll: Aug 7 2010, 12:09 PM

+Quote Post

Dracoris
post Aug 7 2010, 03:16 PM
Post #69

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,716

QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Aug 7 2010, 06:47 AM) *
Wow. So the game went to penalties - which Fox Soccer in their pinheaded wisdom did NOT show.

Milan won the penalties 5-3 (with Bonera scoring the winner). link

EDIT: Here're the official postmatch comments from acmilan.com's english page (they really do have a better translator this year):

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/dunnosmiley.gif)

What the heck? Nice FSC, nice.

edit:

This is a clip of Nesta from last night.....just the guys reaction on the ground makes me laugh everytime. Go Nesta go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UI-X1E4gxIk...ature=sub#t=24s

This post has been edited by Dracoris: Aug 7 2010, 03:23 PM

+Quote Post

samira
post Aug 7 2010, 04:36 PM
Post #70

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,087

QUOTE (Dracoris @ Aug 7 2010, 03:16 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/dunnosmiley.gif)

What the heck? Nice FSC, nice.

edit:

This is a clip of Nesta from last night.....just the guys reaction on the ground makes me laugh everytime. Go Nesta go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UI-X1E4gxIk...ature=sub#t=24s

HAHAHA, so great !

+Quote Post

Coldest
post Aug 8 2010, 05:36 AM
Post #71

Esordienti B 96

Member No.: 6,462

When is Milan's next friendly ?

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 12:09 AM