Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kaka slams Christmas Tree tactic

arivanjj
post Sep 27 2006, 09:59 AM
Post #1

7th Heaven

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 821

Kaka has told Carlo Ancelotti he hates the Christmas Tree formation and begged for a return to the two-striker system.

“Personally I much prefer the tactic with two forwards, as that way I don’t have to hold on to the ball so much,” said the versatile Brazilian.

Milan used Kaka and Clarence Seedorf in a more advanced role in support of Alberto Gilardino in the 0-0 Champions League draw at Lille last night, but there were critics of this decision within the squad.

“Some say I’m egotistical when I run with the ball and go for a one-on-one, but when you’re a forward then it’s necessary. With two strikers it’s easier for me to release the ball and get the whole team moving.”

This is the second consecutive 0-0 draw for the usually prolific Rossoneri following their Serie A stalemate at Livorno.

“We’re not worried. The only thing we’ve been doing wrong at the moment is that we create so many chances and can’t make the most of them,” insisted Kaka. “We aimed so many shots at the goal and the ‘keeper was always equal to them.”

source
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post Sep 27 2006, 10:00 AM
Post #2

7th Heaven

QUOTE (arivanjj @ Sep 27 2006, 06:59 PM)
“Personally I much prefer the tactic with two forwards, as that way I don’t have to hold on to the ball so much,”

not that he is bad in doing that but he is true here, 2 men foward is more chance for scoring.

+Quote Post

m1ke
post Sep 27 2006, 10:03 AM
Post #3

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Haha, they dramatise the headlines so much! All he said is that he prefers two strikers - where does he slam the tactic or beg for the other one?!

I agree with what he's saying though, but the x-mas tree certainly has it's place. In a way it almost worked again Lille, we just couldn't seem to find the back of the net.

+Quote Post

redbabies
post Sep 27 2006, 10:23 AM
Post #4

'the Duck'

Member No.: 144

thats why Silvio always say to Ancelotti to play with two strikers. You could see Gila was all blocked, they marked him very easy.

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post Sep 27 2006, 11:00 AM
Post #5

7th Heaven

QUOTE (redbabies @ Sep 27 2006, 07:23 PM)
thats why Silvio always say to Ancelotti to play with two strikers. You could see Gila was all blocked, they marked him very easy.

true and that's why we only had long range shots mostly.

+Quote Post

Portman
post Sep 27 2006, 12:13 PM
Post #6

Berretti

Member No.: 347

IMHO, every big team should play with 2 upfront. An inbox-striker and a 2nd striker.

But it seems that are many x-mas tree fans in here and in Milanello. If even the best player on the team prefer the 4-3-1-2... if the president demands that, why Carletto always try new things?

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Sep 27 2006, 12:30 PM
Post #7

Insert cool title here<--
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,792

I agree with Ricky, we don't have a striker who's good enough to play upfront on his own. The X-Mas tree requires an extraordinary striker, like Henry for example. I mean Pippo is great striker, but not the kinda striker that can play upfront alone...

+Quote Post

dst
post Sep 27 2006, 12:41 PM
Post #8

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

Yeah like Kaka knows better than me ... (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) OK then I'm happy when Ricky's happy so come on Carlo give him what he wants !!!

QUOTE (m1ke @ Sep 27 2006, 12:03 PM)
Haha, they dramatise the headlines so much! All he said is that he prefers two strikers - where does he slam the tactic or beg for the other one?!

(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
"Kaka furious at Ancelotti ... He threatened to kill him if he used the Xtree again"

QUOTE (redbabies @ Sep 27 2006, 12:23 PM)
You could see Gila was all blocked, they marked him very easy.

While Seedorf and Kaka had many more chances to score ... Jesus don't only mention one aspect of it ... (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post Sep 27 2006, 01:15 PM
Post #9

7th Heaven

QUOTE (dst @ Sep 27 2006, 09:41 PM)
"Kaka furious at Ancelotti ... He threatened to kill him if he used the Xtree again"

(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) ...

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Sep 27 2006, 01:23 PM
Post #10

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

I really think we suffer alot with the x-tree .. we saw two straight draws with that formation, not to mention our defence was being put under pressure ( ..well I talked about this on a diff post.. ) ..

I think with two strikers upfront, Milan are more dynamic and dangerous; 4-3-1-2 keeps the opponents stuck in their own corner .. And makes them vulnerable to our counter attacks.

Basically what Im trying to say is we dont have the right players to play x-tree formation; we have players who can form that formation .. YES .. But we dont have the players to play that formation, maybe cuz they r used to 4-3-1-2 .. who knows

+Quote Post

dst
post Sep 27 2006, 01:46 PM
Post #11

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 27 2006, 03:23 PM)
not to mention our defence was being put under pressure ( ..well I talked about this on a diff post.. ) ..

I completely disagree with you here; our defence was released of a lot of pressure with that formation ... that is the only good thing we saw actually !!!

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Sep 27 2006, 02:13 PM
Post #12

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (dst @ Sep 27 2006, 03:46 PM)
I completely disagree with you here; our defence was released of a lot of pressure with that formation ... that is the only good thing we saw actually !!!

Not necessarily .. The formation is supposed to relieve our defence, but we cant control the play in MDfield the way we did with two up front, thus we suffer at the back. I cant complain, cuz we still havent conceeded with the x-tree, still it seems as though we r inviting the opponent to attack us, bcz of several mistakes that arise from Mdfield

+Quote Post

dst
post Sep 27 2006, 03:12 PM
Post #13

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 27 2006, 04:13 PM)
Not necessarily .. The formation is supposed to relieve our defence, but we cant control the play in MDfield the way we did with two up front, thus we suffer at the back. I cant complain, cuz we still havent conceeded with the x-tree, still it seems as though we r inviting the opponent to attack us, bcz of several mistakes that arise from Mdfield

Those mistakes are due to players' incompetence, it's not the Xtree's fault ... Our defence works much better now. Just look at how many clear chances our opponents took in any game before the one against Ascoli !!

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Sep 27 2006, 03:15 PM
Post #14

Insert cool title here<--
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,792

QUOTE (dst @ Sep 27 2006, 02:12 PM)
Those mistakes are due to players' incompetence, it's not the Xtree's fault ... Our defence works much better now. Just look at how many clear chances our opponents took in any game before the one against Ascoli !!

You bloody X-Mas tree defender....get out of here! No really, we don't have the players for the X-Mas tree, it just CAN'T WORK!

+Quote Post

dst
post Sep 27 2006, 03:17 PM
Post #15

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (LaPalma @ Sep 27 2006, 05:15 PM)
You bloody X-Mas tree defender....get out of here! No really, we don't have the players for the X-Mas tree, it just CAN'T WORK!

I agree !!! But still we're much more reliable at the back now whatever you guys say ... You're right though we should change back to playing with two strikers !!

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:08 PM