han2503
post Sep 27 2010, 07:20 PM
Post #46

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Sep 27 2010, 04:56 PM) *
That's one game. If you have followed AC Milan these years (and I'm sure you have) you know Seedorf and Inzaghi have been key players for us in CL over and over again. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Against Ajax it should work IMO.

And our line-up/midfield was picked very wrong by Allegri that match, so I'm not surprised he failed that match.

Through the last few years is very vague imo. Pippo has showed up in a handful of games, CL or not, same goes for Seedorf. Imo this is the mentality that has gotten us into this mess, justifying Seedorf and Pippo playing an important CL match from the start by looking at their past performances, and not the ones from a couple of weeks ago or even a couple of months, but years ago.

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 27 2010, 06:11 PM) *
With Seedorf as AM we won a Champions League. Still, that doesn't justify the fact he should be a starter. But the alternative named Ronaldinho is even worse, from my point of view, so we can't really do anything about it. At least the team will be more balanced.

The way I see it, during this signing campaign we strengthened our center defense and attack, which had major flaws. Next summer we should strengthen our side defense by signing a fullback or two, and midfield by signing a great AM and possibly another central midfielder if Ambro and/or Gattuso are leaving. Only then our team will be complete.

We all know that Seedorf playing there wasn't really that much of an important point for us, Kaka was the man that dragged us through the competition, Seedorf only had 2 decent games that year in the CL, Bayern Away and Man U Home, those are the games that he really stomped his authority on, the others were mostly Kaka driving that luckluster team on. Plus Seedorf wasn't playing the AM position like you're asking him to in that formation, he was playing alongside Kaka behing a single striker, imo that makes a lot of difference

Agree with the last part
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Sep 27 2010, 07:23 PM
Post #47

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 7,230

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 27 2010, 08:20 PM) *
Through the last few years is very vague imo. Pippo has showed up in a handful of games, CL or not, same goes for Seedorf. Imo this is the mentality that has gotten us into this mess, justifying Seedorf and Pippo playing an important CL match from the start by looking at

Seedorf and Inzaghi have good CL mentality, they will be more motivated and preform usual better than in Serie A. So that's why I am more concerned about resting Zlatan vs Parma than vs Ajax. Because it's not like Ajax is THAT much better than Parma.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 27 2010, 07:32 PM
Post #48

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Sep 27 2010, 06:23 PM) *
Seedorf and Inzaghi have good CL mentality, they will be more motivated and preform usual better than in Serie A. So that's why I am more concerned about resting Zlatan vs Parma than vs Ajax. Because it's not like Ajax is THAT much better than Parma.

That's a bit of an exagerated stretch, don't you think? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

I think giving Zlatan 60 against Ajax and 60 against Parma will be enough. That is as long as we're winning, same goes for Pirlo.

Pippo has missed sitters in the CL just as much as he's missed in Serie A, and with that record pressing on his mind I'd bet he'll miss even more chances then usual. That's why I vote we put him on at the 60th, their defenders will start to get tired, and Pippo constantly running that line against them will just wear them out even more, they'll make a mistake and that's when he can pounce.

Same thing with Seedorf I want him to come on is the second half, preferably for Pirlo

Personally I want to see us starting and finishing with something like this

Zambro--Nesta--Thiago--Antonini
Boatng--Prilo--Flamini
Dinho
Ibra--Robinho

Subs:
Seedorf <-> Pirlo @ 45th min
Pippo <-> Ibra @ 60th min
Rino <-> Dinho @ 60th min

Zambro--Nesta--Thiago--Antonini
Flamini--Seedorf--Rino--Boateng
Pippo--Robinho

Every single one of our players is tired, not just Ibra and Pirlo. But they have it the hardest given their NT duties coming up, while the others have more then a week's rest coming up after the 2 games. That's why they need to be taken out early, that is as long as we're winning....

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 27 2010, 07:35 PM
Post #49

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 27 2010, 08:20 PM) *
We all know that Seedorf playing there wasn't really that much of an important point for us, Kaka was the man that dragged us through the competition, Seedorf only had 2 decent games that year in the CL, Bayern Away and Man U Home, those are the games that he really stomped his authority on, the others were mostly Kaka driving that luckluster team on. Plus Seedorf wasn't playing the AM position like you're asking him to in that formation, he was playing alongside Kaka behing a single striker, imo that makes a lot of difference

Can't agree. I'm not a big fan of Seedorf, but I think he was very important for us that season, in the CL. Saying he had only two decent games is rather harsh. I'd rather say his best performances were against Bayern and Man U instead. And true, our line-up that season was 4-3-2-1, but in reality Kaka' was acting more like a second striker than AM. We've got Robinho now, so he can provide the same performance of Kaka' in terms of tactical position on the field. We haven't much to lose really. Playing Ronaldinho instead would just be a big, fat mistake.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 27 2010, 07:40 PM
Post #50

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 27 2010, 07:35 PM) *
Can't agree. I'm not a big fan of Seedorf, but I think he was very important for us that season, in the CL. Saying he had only two decent games is rather harsh. I'd rather say his best performances were against Bayern and Man U instead. And true, our line-up that season was 4-3-2-1, but in reality Kaka' was acting more like a second striker than AM. We've got Robinho now, so he can provide the same performance of Kaka' in terms of tactical position on the field. We haven't much to lose really. Playing Ronaldinho instead would just be a big, fat mistake.

Kaka was playing more advanced then Seedorf but it was more like this

---------Pippo/Gila
Kaka
-------Seedorf

That'ss a big difference between playing 2 out and out strikers and what we played with Seedorf and Kaka. Also you really can;t compare Robinho to Kaka, Kaka is more tactically disciplined, Robinho is more of a free roaming player, ristricting him would be limiting him.

I say playing Seedorf would be the bigger mistake. Anyway, if we do play Seedorf there, I'm pretty sure it will fail big time. And it won't last for more then maybe 2 or 3 tries.

Until we get in a top quality AM, my vote will always be for Dinho, simply because he is the best we have atm, no matter how many ways you try to twist this debate.

+Quote Post

elcordobez
post Sep 27 2010, 08:37 PM
Post #51

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 251

Allegri: Ajax game is fundamental Monday 27 September, 2010

Milan boss Massimiliano Allegri believes tomorrow's clash with Ajax in the Champions League will be fundamental.

The Rossoneri got their European campaign off to a winning start with a 2-0 victory over Auxerre two weeks ago, but they need to amass as many points as possible to put pressure on Real Madrid.

“It's an important game against Ajax and one that's anything but easy,” Allegri said.

“It's always difficult to play at their ground. They are a very gifted young team.

“It's a fundamental game for us to get out of the group.”

When asked to reveal what his side will need to do to win the game, Allegri replied: “It will take a careful Milan that repeats the performance against Genoa in terms of sacrifice.

“We have to improve on a technical level, but I am also certain that the lads will do it. Yesterday at Milanello we only worked with those who played against Genoa.

“This evening will be the final training session and I will decide the formation.”

http://www.football-italia.net/sep27l.html

I see the fork in the road and there's hope Allegri may after all make the decisive turn !

Has anyone read the Italian version of this interview?Just making sure when they translated "FORMATION" it actually meant formation and not just referring to the personnel.

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Sep 27 2010, 08:42 PM
Post #52

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 27 2010, 08:40 PM) *
Until we get in a top quality AM, my vote will always be for Dinho, simply because he is the best we have atm, no matter how many ways you try to twist this debate.

On paper maybe. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) As long as it looks good on paper, huh?

+Quote Post

Boban10
post Sep 27 2010, 08:44 PM
Post #53

Esordienti B 96

Member No.: 6,832

MILAN – Here is what Milan coach Allegri had to say in the press conference today: "The line-up? I’ll make a decision this evening, after the training. I’m considering making some changes. Ronaldinho has played a lot, if I rest him, we could even change formation. This match is important for us, a positive result, especially a victory, would almost ensure our qualification for the second phase. I like very much the way Ajax play, it’s a pleasure to watch them play, like it was in previous years when Ajax changed the mentality of European football. Tomorrow’s match will by first away game in the Champions League, against a great team, therefore I’ll be excited at the beginning. Seedorf? He’s a great player, I’m glad to coach him. His career speaks for itself.”

The quotes from Clarence Seedorf: "We have a lot of new players, we’re working for achieving something important, our objective is to win. The Champions League is a competition for great teams, and both Milan and Ajax fell into that category. Both teams will take to the field tomorrow with the goal of winning the match. I saw Ajax’s game against Real Madrid: the Dutch lost, but we'll have to be careful, as they are stronger than they were in Round 1, also because now they can count on Suarez, too. We don’t fear, only respect them. Our objectives? Setting goals is normal at the beginning of the season, and we want to win every competition. But then you have to act instead of talking. This year we have a strong team with special characteristics, a bit different from the Milan side of the past few seasons. My future? Probably, it lies in Italy, not in the Netherlands, I think I won’t play neither coach in my home country.”

http://www.acmilan.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=130007

Still waiting on line-up

This post has been edited by Boban10: Sep 27 2010, 08:45 PM

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 27 2010, 08:47 PM
Post #54

Pellegatti's (Sportmeidaset) probable line-up:

Abbiati
Zambrotta - Nesta - T. Silva - Antonini
Gattuso - Pirlo - Flamini
Seedorf
Robinho - Ibrahimovic

A big no to Gattuso! The guy has played 2 games in a row in 3 days, he can't make it. We saw against Genoa he was practically breathless in the second half. Please Allegri don't screw up and play Boateng instead. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

+Quote Post

Guest_Suhail 3_*
post Sep 27 2010, 08:51 PM
Post #55

Guests

cant wait for this vital that we win tbh the madrid games im rather pessimistic about, also i wonder how the ajax fans will see zlatan coming back as a hero or a villain ? cheers or jeers (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

elcordobez
post Sep 27 2010, 09:03 PM
Post #56

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 251

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 28 2010, 05:47 AM) *

Abbiati
Seedorf
Robinho - Ibrahimovic

A big no to Gattuso! The guy has played 2 games in a row in 3 days, he can't make it. We saw against Genoa he was practically breathless in the second half. Please Allegri don't screw up and play Boateng instead. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

http://foreign.peacefmonline.com/sports/201009/86004.php

I don't know how reliable sportal.it is but looks like Rino has muscular problem.

Boateng looked a bit puffed out too toward the end of the game but i'd assume he would recover better.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 27 2010, 09:08 PM
Post #57

QUOTE (elcordobez @ Sep 27 2010, 10:03 PM) *
http://foreign.peacefmonline.com/sports/201009/86004.php

I don't know how reliable sportal.it is but looks like Rino has muscular problem.

Boateng looked a bit puffed out too toward the end of the game but i'd assume he would recover better.

Dunno, Pallegatti witnessed the team's training session so I'd say he's a more reliable source. I hope they're right though.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 27 2010, 09:59 PM
Post #58

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Gattuso is in great form, so I'd give it a shot.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 27 2010, 10:12 PM
Post #59

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Sep 27 2010, 07:42 PM) *
On paper maybe. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) As long as it looks good on paper, huh?

If you prefer quantity to quality, then sure go for it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 27 2010, 07:47 PM) *

Abbiati
Seedorf
Robinho - Ibrahimovic

I agree! I thought he was about to die when he went near the touchline to get the ice pack for his head. He was panting so hard you'de think he played 120 minutes not just 20...

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 27 2010, 08:59 PM) *
Gattuso is in great form, so I'd give it a shot.

I agree with X-Off here. Rino is just not in physical shape anymore to play more the once a week and not even a full game at that

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Sep 27 2010, 10:26 PM
Post #60

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 27 2010, 11:12 PM) *
I agree with X-Off here. Rino is just not in physical shape anymore to play more the once a week and not even a full game at that

How do you know? Maybe it's Boateng who needs the rest more than Gattuso...
If you prefer quantity to quality, then sure go for it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Quantity? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) Who's talking about quantity? I prefer a good preformance over a good status.

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th May 2024 - 08:23 AM