Post #16

Kaka's fangirl, and proud =]

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 2,687

My rational thinking says we'll loose

my heart says we'll win!

>___________<

We have 6 days before Inter? Or not?
And Inter has another Serie A game before us, right?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Dec 16 2007, 08:12 PM
Post #17

Token Girl
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,800

I remain optimistic for this one. There are jet lag issues for the team to deal with but this is technically an away game for Milan and we've done awfully well in away games.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Dec 17 2007, 12:02 AM
Post #18

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

Inter are not the pre-Calciopoli mockable team anymore. they have a strong team, they're dominating Serie A [even with Juve and no point deduction for big teams like Milan and Fiorentina] and will continue to be a real hard-to-beat contender for the years to come [that's how much they've benefited from the Calciopoli]. this fact seems to be a pill too bitter for some people to swallow.

+Quote Post

misha
post Dec 20 2007, 06:33 PM
Post #19

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 787

The champions of Italy take on the newly-crowned Club World Cup kings in what is set to be one of the biggest and most unpredictable Derby della Madonnina games ever.

While the Nerazzurri seem unstoppable at domestic level, their cousins are a dominant force on the international stage, last Sunday adding the Club World Cup to their Champions League and European Super Cup trophies. Their Serie A form has been disastrous so far this season, as they are still without a single win at San Siro, but now that Boca Juniors have been torn apart 4-2 in Yokohama the focus and enthusiasm can be channelled back into the League.

Tension between the clubs is running high, as Roberto Mancini was berated for suggesting the new-look Intercontinental Cup format was “little more than a friendly tournament” and admitting he would not be supporting Milan against Boca. Diavolo fans reacted by taking their celebrations below the balcony of Inter’s club headquarters and plenty more ribbing is expected this weekend.

It remains to be seen how the flight back from Japan will have affected the squad, who are still without ex-Inter star Ronaldo due to a mysterious and possibly psychosomatic injury. Brace hero Pippo Inzaghi could make way for Alberto Gilardino as the star of a Christmas Tree formation backed by Kaka and another former Nerazzurri man, Clarence Seedorf.

Paolo Maldini and Serginho are the candidates for the left-back role, while Marcos Cafu looks set to miss out in favour of Massimo Oddo. It is Milan’s first Serie A match since the 0-0 with Juventus on December 1, having taken time out to prepare for the Club World Cup.

Quality will be all over the pitch, as Kaka celebrates his Ballon d’Or and FIFA Player of the Year award by facing off against one of the candidates for the 2008 editions, an on form Zlatan Ibrahimovic. The Swede sat out a ban in last week’s 2-0 win away to Cagliari, though Julio Cruz, David Suazo and Hernan Crespo ably replaced him in a trident attack. That system didn’t work as well as it had in the Champions League and Roberto Mancini may consider switching back to a 4-4-2 for this huge match. Cruz is the hot favourite to keep his spot upfront, having netted nine goals in 12 Serie A games and hit the back of the net in his last three consecutive appearances.

The 4-4-2 could also return out of sheer necessity, as Luis Jimenez is unlikely to recover in time for the Sunday afternoon kick-off. The Chilean had been a brilliant understudy for Luis Figo, but with both out injured along with Dejan Stankovic, Patrick Vieira and Olivier Dacourt, Mancio has precious few options at his disposal.

Cristian Chivu is again expected to take on a centre-midfield role to fill the gaps, Brazilian full-backs Maxwell and Douglas Maicon commanding the flanks. Despite this injury crisis, Mancio’s men have not conceded a single Serie A goal since the 2-1 win over Atalanta on November 24 and stretched their lead over second place Roma to seven points. A victory here could crown them Winter champions two rounds early.

With Inter as the home side, this fixture has not ended in a draw since a 2-2 result in 1999, so the neutrals can expect a cracking encounter. Last season the Beneamata did the double over their neighbours, winning 2-1 and an epic 4-3 victory where Milan almost managed to fight back from 4-1 down. The stage is set for a similarly thrilling showdown at the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza.

Keep an eye on: Kaka (Milan) – Simply the best player in the world, the 2007 Ballon d’Or and FIFA World Player of the Year loves the derby and has already put four goals past Inter.

Last season: Inter 2-1 Milan

Form guide: Inter (W W W W W) Milan (L W D W D)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inter (probable): Julio Cesar; Maicon, Cordoba, Samuel, Maxwell; Zanetti, Cambiasso, Chivu, Cesar; Cruz, Ibrahimovic

Milan (probable): Dida; Oddo, Nesta, Maldini, Serginho; Gattuso, Pirlo, Ambrosini; Kaka, Seedorf; Gilardino

+Quote Post

Warchant
post Dec 20 2007, 06:49 PM
Post #20

Giovanissimi Nazionali
Group Icon

Member No.: 703

i won't be able to watch this game...which might be a good thing..i don't need the stress (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Dec 20 2007, 07:21 PM
Post #21

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

Form guide: Inter (W W W W W) Milan (L W D W D)

(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif)

+Quote Post

Nova
post Dec 20 2007, 07:56 PM
Post #22

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 34

This post has been edited by Nova: Dec 20 2007, 08:06 PM

+Quote Post

Darunia
post Dec 20 2007, 08:17 PM
Post #23

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,240

I believe in Milan! Anything but a loss =/

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Dec 20 2007, 11:12 PM
Post #24

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

All eyes on the Milan derby (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/devil.gif)

I predict the following line-up:

------------Dida

-Oddo--Nesta--Kakha--Maldini

Gattuso--Pirlo--Ambrosini

---Seedorf----Kaka'

--------Gilardino

With Inzaghi coming in later on. Also, Janku might start at left back if Paolo takes the cb role. But seeing as this is the last game before the break, I think Milan will go with the above formation with Paolo at left back.

The result will be determined by how motivated Milan will be on the day. And after the CWC, I think Milan are highly motivated, especially after suffering defeats in the derby last yr PLUS the fact that inter are still unbeaten.

I stick with my prediction of ..
inter 1-3 Milan.

+Quote Post

misha
post Dec 20 2007, 11:44 PM
Post #25

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 787

This is how we should start :

------------Dida

-Oddo--Nesta--Paolo--Janku

Gattuso----Pirlo----Ambrosini

-----Seedorf----Kaka

----------Pippo

Gila and Kala shouldn't start in such game. Pippo live for these matches and Paolo is much more effective as CB these days.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Dec 21 2007, 04:54 AM
Post #26

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

For me it would depend on whether Inter plays their trident or not.

If they are just playing the stock 4-4-2, I would prefer we try the 4-2-3-1. Of course, it's not something we'd tried and it would be difficult.

Inter are depending on their attack overpowering our defence. More than that they're hoping our attack be impotent.

Our mid-field is better than theirs. And defence wise, when fresh, there's little to choose between both teams. It's in the forward line-up and chemistry that Inter have a distinct speed and skill advantage.

Oh and confidence.

If we could beat Inter just once, I don't care how, hopefully with some silly easy tactic, that every team can come up with (like 11 men behind the ball works with us...(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) ); then I do believe Inter's momentum will go down like a stack of dominoes.

Right now, it's that momentum , which is helping them win games, even when they're not playing well. And it's also resulted in a huge advantage...they're able to rest Zlatan. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post

bigmacmtl
post Dec 21 2007, 08:10 AM
Post #27

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,592

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Dec 20 2007, 10:54 PM)
For me it would depend on whether Inter plays their trident or not.

If they are just playing the stock 4-4-2, I would prefer we try the 4-2-3-1. Of course, it's not something we'd tried and it would be difficult.

Inter are depending on their attack overpowering our defence. More than that they're hoping our attack be impotent.

Our mid-field is better than theirs. And defence wise, when fresh, there's little to choose between both teams. It's in the forward line-up and chemistry that Inter have a distinct speed and skill advantage.

Oh and confidence.

If we could beat Inter just once, I don't care how, hopefully with some silly easy tactic, that every team can come up with (like 11 men behind the ball works with us...(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) ); then I do believe Inter's momentum will go down like a stack of dominoes.

Right now, it's that momentum , which is helping them win games, even when they're not playing well. And it's also resulted in a huge advantage...they're able to rest Zlatan. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

hmmm it's hard to get momemtum when every week you get a new injury, theres new players in and out. i have the feeling we'll just edge them out in a win but they'll go back to their winning ways right after.

+Quote Post

jefri91
post Dec 21 2007, 01:20 PM
Post #28

"Durgle The Turtle"

Member No.: 3,402

1-2 THESE MOTHA FUCKAZ GOING ARE GOING DOWN!!!!

+Quote Post

Ry4n
post Dec 21 2007, 02:43 PM
Post #29

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 932

its gunna be a close match as always 0- 2 to us Pirlo Free kick and Inzaghi Volley

This post has been edited by rhy_A4: Dec 22 2007, 06:01 PM

+Quote Post

Nova
post Dec 21 2007, 04:13 PM
Post #30

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 34

QUOTE (jefri91 @ Dec 21 2007, 01:20 PM)
1-2 THESE MOTHA FUCKAZ GOING ARE GOING DOWN!!!!

(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/devilsmiley.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/devilsmiley.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/devilsmiley.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/devilsmiley.gif)

+Quote Post

21 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 09:26 AM