han2503
post Sep 15 2015, 03:16 PM
Post #1

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

Who: A.C. Milan vs. U.S. Citta di Palermo

(IMG:http://i1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah232/hannvis/milan-palermo_zps07c20535.png)

Where: Stadio San Siro

(IMG:http://www.acmilan.com/uploads/club/sansiro.jpg)

When:
19th September 2015 @ 8:45pm CET

Head-to-Head Record

(IMG:http://i1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah232/hannvis/Milan-Palermo_zpshocwtmuh.png)

Serie A Form Guide

Milan: LWL
Palermo: WWD

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

William405
post Sep 18 2015, 03:01 PM
Post #2

Allievi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 7,239

So, here we go.

The press confrence for tomorrow's game:

http://football-italia.net/73127/miha-%E2%...points%E2%80%99
http://football-italia.net/73126/mihajlovi...excuse%E2%80%99

So you can infer that Miha will either play De Jong or Montolivo. I posted my thoughts in milanobessesion so I'll copy and paste them here and maybe we can discuss them:

"So, I think Palermo will be a very important game to see whether we've gained some consistency! We were pretty good against Inter, but was that the "Big game syndrome", honestly, I don't know! If we show the same drive against Palermo then that would be an awesome indicator. ^^

I'd keep playing Zapata and Romagnoli in the central defence. These two have seemed to harbor some good understanding. Playing De Sciglio as a LB and Abate as a RB is a must. I really have no idea why everyone thinks De Sciglio is better as a RB. He's always had his good game where Abate was at RB and he was at LB. Though, most coaches have wanted to play him as a RB. I believe Allegri was the only one who got it right! Even Tassoti mentioned the other day in an interview that he sees De Sciglio working out more as a RB. Just downright wierd.

The midfield is a tricky area imo. We found ourselves during the derby controlling the midfield pretty well. Now, a certainty as always is that De Jong should be playing. But should we play Montolivo who had a decent performance against Inter? I was thinking maybe we should play Montolivo in a Pirlo'esque role in the center of midfield so pretty much as a deep lying playmaker and De Jong beside him in a Rino role. ^^

I think it could work, Juve were employing Pirlo, their main creative outlet and pacemaker, in that position. And, we all know Pirlo isn't all about defending at all. It might be worth a shot perhaps?

The last spot imo should be between Bonaventura/Kucka. Kucka while not being the player everyone wanted gave our midfield so much physicality and power imo. I like him!! Bertolacci is just so weak, I don't know what to do with him.

I would love to see the Balotelli-Bacca-Adriano trident, but that would depend on who's behind them! Or else play Honda in the AM spot!"

Would love to hear yours thoughts about it...specially for the bolded part

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 18 2015, 04:09 PM
Post #3

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Pretty accurate analysis, I agree about the defence it should stay as it was in the derby, we need continuity there, and even though I have made my thoughts on Zapata's abilities clear, I think for right now we should try to keep things as consistent as possible, having Zapata playing still gives me a bit of the heeby jeebies as you never know with him, but with Alex not being in the best of shape and Mexes just coming from injury, as long as Zapata and Romagnoli are doing fine next to each other things should stay as is.

Agreed about the FB situation as well, I seriously do not understand this incessant need all our coaches have had to play DS on the right, he usually has very mediocre performances on that side, while -as you rightly said - his best performances for us and Italy as well have come on the left imo

With regards to the midfield, I agree, that De Jong has to play, but Monto made a great case for himself against Inter and imo we desperately need someone with his attributes in that mid, without him we have no orchestrator and we struggle to really win any of the midfield battles, even against notably weaker opponents. Obviously Monto isn't fit to clean Pirlo's boots but I get the comparison you made there. And it's what I've been talking about all summer. Our failure to get a proper top notch regista will be what really hurts us in the long run this season.

And yeah, I've been floating around the De Jong in the Rino role idea for a few weeks now and I think it could really work, and he'd really take the pressure off Monto as well. Problem is that I don't think Miha sees it this way. For him it's either De Jong or Monto, not both. He sees them as anchors but with different characteristics so my guess is that he'll use them interchangeably depending on who he thinks would suite best in a particular game or scenario.

As for Berto, I honestly don't know, maybe we could try him out in the AM position, he's mostly a direct runner. He's not really a passer, and he did well at Genoa by making late runs into the box. Maybe he's looked bad because Miha was trying to force him to play a more possession type passing game which he's not suited for but now that Monto is back in the fold that will free up Berto. Don't know, what I'm sure of is that if he's fit he'll be used. Mostly to save Galliani's blushes for throwing away 20m on this guy when he wasn't worth half that and he's very obviously a mid-table dweller type player.

As for the attack, yeah, I think this would be a great time to test that trio, but I don't think Miha will really risk it. Also, please no Honda, just absolutely shocking against Inter. Just stick Bona there for now and when Menez is back we use him.

As for the game in general, I agree. This could really be a kick starter to our season, if we struggle in this one as well I really do think that it could be an indicator that we're bound to see last season being repeated

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 18 2015, 08:50 PM
Post #4

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

Bertolacci played alongside Kucka in the double pivot of Gasperini's 3-4-3. It wouldn't make any sense playing him in the AM position simply because he makes runs inside the box. With that logic, we could also play Nocerino there. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

As for the Monto-De Jong argument, I'm not in favor of the latter in the Rino role. That worked for Rino mainly because he had a team of world class players who knew how to keep possession and not lose the ball. With the midfield of dimwits we have, losing one CM spot to a "destroyer" like De Jong would only make things worse. If De Jong must play, it should be as anchor with Monto as CM. But I'm not in favor of the opposite.

Defense shouldn't be touched, yes.

I really think we lack one good midfielder in there, and that's counting Bertolacci as well. Poli, Nocerino, Kucka and Honda are all mediocre to terrible players that don't deserve a starting spot.

XXXXX - Monto - Bertolacci
Bonaventura

Now that Bertolacci is out as well, we have two vacant midfield positions that will be filled by unworthy players. Thanks again, baldy. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

maldini03
post Sep 18 2015, 09:23 PM
Post #5

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 2,029

Has anyone else thought about changing things a bit to accommodate De Jong, Monto, Berto, and Bona? I don't think with the system we have that playing a midfield 3 and a play maker suits any one of them. What if we transitioned to a 4-2-2-2. I've never really seen it in practice but in theory it might work.

The defense would be left alone from the last game, and IMO Abate should even be the captain. Ideally we'd play a double pivot with NDJ and Monto filling those roles, the forward two midfielders would ideally interchange with one another, in support of the two forwards. I would imagine that the team would be a little too lopsided with players being forward, but neither Bona nor Berto are play makers, so they would essentially be box to box players set further forward to accommodate their lack of play making skill.

It's an idea that kind of just hit me and I don't know if it would work, but its food for thought. I doubt Miha will change the system but unfortunately we don't have the proper players to fit the system.

As far as Kucka and Poli go I think they are good bench players. Kucka showed some fire and skill against an Inter midfield which is being lauded as one of the best in the league (I don't buy it). The guy looks hungry, and despite not having skill I'd rather guys like him and Poli on the bench who give it all when their number is called.

As far as the forwards go I would rather have Adriano start from the bench with Balo getting the start alongside Bacca. For some reason Adriano reminds me so much of Robinho when he was here. A good player to have on the bench and can put in a great performance now and then, but frustrates me to no end with his finishing.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 18 2015, 10:10 PM
Post #6

I already said in another thread that 4-4-2 is the best formation we can play on paper given our players, though I'm not sure it can actually work in practice. Bonaventura has played that role at Atalanta, but Bertolacci is more of a CM than a winger.

I really want Miha to give Suso a few games before he discards him completely. He's doing the same mistake Pippo made. Play him once, and if he has a bad game then bench him for the rest of the season. Everyone was crap against Empoli in the first half, it's not fair to take it out on Suso.

+Quote Post

William405
post Sep 18 2015, 10:43 PM
Post #7

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 19 2015, 12:10 AM) *
I already said in another thread that 4-4-2 is the best formation we can play on paper given our players, though I'm not sure it can actually work in practice. Bonaventura has played that role at Atalanta, but Bertolacci is more of a CM than a winger.

I really want Miha to give Suso a few games before he discards him completely. He's doing the same mistake Pippo made. Play him once, and if he has a bad game then bench him for the rest of the season. Everyone was crap against Empoli in the first half, it's not fair to take it out on Suso.

I don't think that's the case. He's willing to give Ely another chance even after his disastrous start. I think he'll give Suso a chance soon.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 18 2015, 10:49 PM
Post #8

Hopefully you're right.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 19 2015, 01:17 PM
Post #9

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 18 2015, 08:50 PM) *
Bertolacci played alongside Kucka in the double pivot of Gasperini's 3-4-3. It wouldn't make any sense playing him in the AM position simply because he makes runs inside the box. With that logic, we could also play Nocerino there. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

As for the Monto-De Jong argument, I'm not in favor of the latter in the Rino role. That worked for Rino mainly because he had a team of world class players who knew how to keep possession and not lose the ball. With the midfield of dimwits we have, losing one CM spot to a "destroyer" like De Jong would only make things worse. If De Jong must play, it should be as anchor with Monto as CM. But I'm not in favor of the opposite.

Defense shouldn't be touched, yes.

I really think we lack one good midfielder in there, and that's counting Bertolacci as well. Poli, Nocerino, Kucka and Honda are all mediocre to terrible players that don't deserve a starting spot.

XXXXX - Monto - Bertolacci
Bonaventura

Now that Bertolacci is out as well, we have two vacant midfield positions that will be filled by unworthy players. Thanks again, baldy. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

We played Urby and Boateng there...

I just don't think Berto is a good enough CM to play the type of role we need him to in our 3-man midfield.

As for De Jond and Monto, I don't get what the dilemma is here if we shift De Jong to the side and play Monto in the centre we'd gain a proper regista playing in his best position and give him someone who can really recover balls for him quickly while also helping out the defence.

You're saying if we play De Jong on the side we'd be losing out on a CM there, true, but isn't it the same case as when we play him in the centre and lose out on having someone who's the centre figure that can really control the game?

Also, what would it benefit us to bench one of our best midfielders when we're not really swimming in quality in that position?

For me our best trio in midfield would be

Monto
De Jong--Berto/Bona

The trequartista for me depends on who we're playing. Against a top side we should go for the extra mid, meaning Bona playing there. Against smaller sides I'd go with Menez or Balo

QUOTE (maldini03 @ Sep 18 2015, 09:23 PM) *
Has anyone else thought about changing things a bit to accommodate De Jong, Monto, Berto, and Bona? I don't think with the system we have that playing a midfield 3 and a play maker suits any one of them. What if we transitioned to a 4-2-2-2. I've never really seen it in practice but in theory it might work.

The defense would be left alone from the last game, and IMO Abate should even be the captain. Ideally we'd play a double pivot with NDJ and Monto filling those roles, the forward two midfielders would ideally interchange with one another, in support of the two forwards. I would imagine that the team would be a little too lopsided with players being forward, but neither Bona nor Berto are play makers, so they would essentially be box to box players set further forward to accommodate their lack of play making skill.

It's an idea that kind of just hit me and I don't know if it would work, but its food for thought. I doubt Miha will change the system but unfortunately we don't have the proper players to fit the system.

As far as Kucka and Poli go I think they are good bench players. Kucka showed some fire and skill against an Inter midfield which is being lauded as one of the best in the league (I don't buy it). The guy looks hungry, and despite not having skill I'd rather guys like him and Poli on the bench who give it all when their number is called.

As far as the forwards go I would rather have Adriano start from the bench with Balo getting the start alongside Bacca. For some reason Adriano reminds me so much of Robinho when he was here. A good player to have on the bench and can put in a great performance now and then, but frustrates me to no end with his finishing.

I personally don't agree about a 4-4-2 type formation, we don't have the players for it either. Bona imo is not a winger, sure he can pull off a left mid type role but to what end? In that type of formation I personally think that the creativity and cutting edge need to come from the wings and we don't have the players for it.

We have a bunch of central mids atm, none of them are all that good, but we can make a diamond midfield work if Miha find the right formula in terms of both personnel and tactics/approach

Also, agree about Balo and Adriano. Balo imo as born to be a SS, not a lone striker fighting for crossed balls or playing with his back to goal as a lamp post. Give him the freedom to play a supporting role to Bacca and I think we could see something really great from him

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 18 2015, 10:10 PM) *

The problem with Suso is he doesn't seem to fit in. For me he's not an AM, doesn't have the vision or creative genius in him to pull it off. His constant shooting is also a problem.

Maybe we could try him out in a Di Maria type role, but aside from that I don't think he can make much of an impact for us playing behind the strikers

+Quote Post

Nova
post Sep 19 2015, 05:36 PM
Post #10

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 34

http://Milanfan.better-than.tv:5005/stream.flv

Open with Vlc . Channel is Sky Sport Italia.

This post has been edited by Nova: Sep 19 2015, 07:14 PM

+Quote Post

William405
post Sep 19 2015, 07:35 PM
Post #11

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (Nova @ Sep 19 2015, 07:36 PM) *

thanks bro

+Quote Post

William405
post Sep 19 2015, 07:38 PM
Post #12

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (Nova @ Sep 19 2015, 07:36 PM) *

is it large in size? it's got to 20mb and still downloading

+Quote Post

William405
post Sep 19 2015, 07:42 PM
Post #13

Allievi Regionali B

nvm got it to work..great quality!

+Quote Post

milanbuf88
post Sep 19 2015, 07:45 PM
Post #14

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,674

QUOTE (William405 @ Sep 19 2015, 03:42 PM) *
nvm got it to work..great quality!

It stops working for me after 1 minutes 15 seconds. How'd you get it to work?

+Quote Post

William405
post Sep 19 2015, 07:46 PM
Post #15

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Sep 19 2015, 09:45 PM) *
It stops working for me after 1 minutes 15 seconds. How'd you get it to work?

i thought i got it to work..then it stopped (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 05:55 PM