X-Offender
post Jul 31 2021, 03:37 PM
Post #376

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 31 2021, 03:17 PM) *
Hauge close to Eintracht 12-15m the numbers being mentioned

I really do hope we add a buy back to this.

That being said, he wasn't going to get the time this season unfortunately so better that he goes elsewhere.

I really do hope we send some of the other promising players out on loan.

One of Gabbia or Kalulu should be loaned out. Same goes for Pobega if we get the extra DM

He's not called up for tonight's friendly for technical reasons. At this point I'd say the deal must be close to being sealed. Couldn't find a source about the numbers, but if it's close to 12-15M then we're making a good deal. Never really rated Hauge to be honest.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jul 31 2021, 08:26 PM
Post #377

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

Something has to be brewing for the Cala replacement. Ilicic is a proven and viable option, whom i think would do well.

But Id still expect an exciting signing, be that as CF or Wing.

+Quote Post

William405
post Aug 1 2021, 12:50 PM
Post #378

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

Reports saying that we lost Kai Jorge to Juventus...what a shame.

+Quote Post

William405
post Aug 1 2021, 12:51 PM
Post #379

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 31 2021, 10:26 PM) *
Something has to be brewing for the Cala replacement. Ilicic is a proven and viable option, whom i think would do well.

But Id still expect an exciting signing, be that as CF or Wing.

I think there is a good chance that we sign Ilicic...but I'm afraid we still need much more to be competitive.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 1 2021, 01:49 PM
Post #380

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 31 2021, 03:34 PM) *
That's true, but don't forget the fact that clubs like Juve, Inter and Atalanta already have competitive rosters. Whereas we really lack a couple of key players to be considered competitive.

I'm not going to ignore the RW position because that's a key role that's been lacking in the last couple of years. Alexis is just as good as Brahim, no better. So, if we need a superior AM to Brahim, we also need a superior RW to Alexis.

Well most of that money has gone into redeeming players who were already with us last season so you're not going to feel that big boost that you usually do when spending that kind of money, because these players were already with us. We always knew that these loan + options would have this kind of drawback as we're only just pushing back the payments.

But the AM position is much more critical to the system we play. Pioli uses the RW as more of a right sided midfielder who defends and makes up the numbers. Would it be better to have a true attacking player on that side that contributes with goals and assists? Yes, but I also think we'd lose some of our balance. That's why I wanted Chiesa so much last summer when he was available, because he'd have been perfect for us. And right now I really can't think of any profiles who can offer that to us. Ziyech would be great but he's too expensive.

In all, we need to conclude 3/4 more signing to be ready for the coming season. The order of priority for me would be

AM
CDM
RW
RB

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 31 2021, 03:37 PM) *
He's not called up for tonight's friendly for technical reasons. At this point I'd say the deal must be close to being sealed. Couldn't find a source about the numbers, but if it's close to 12-15M then we're making a good deal. Never really rated Hauge to be honest.

I still think he'll be a really good player. When he played against us with Bodo he looked incredible. We forget that he had been playing throughout the summer and never really had a break between the Norwegian season and starting with us. Not to mention that it's not that easy to adapt to Serie A, especially when coming from such countries.

I think part of this is Pioli's issues with him. When he plays Krunic at LW instead of him, then it's obvious that there are issues there.

I hope we get a nice profit from his sale at least

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 31 2021, 08:26 PM) *

But I'd still expect an exciting signing, be that as CF or Wing.

No way Ilicic can be the Hakan replacement. He'd be another body added and would most likely play on the right. The AM has to be someone who can really put in the work. Ilicic is the exact opposite type of profile of what we need for that role.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 1 2021, 03:14 PM
Post #381

Ilicic is being mentioned for the right wing. Gasperini said he has asked to leave, so he definitely won't be playing for Atalanta next season.

I read on Mediaset that we want to sign him just by relinquishing our right to earn 50% of Pessina's future sale. But considering that if Pessina makes 100 appearances for Atalanta that clause will be canceled, Atalanta also want some money. And rightfully so.

I really hope this is just media BS. Going for an emotionally unstable 33-year-old like Ilicic would be a big mistake. My only wish at this point is that we make some sort of decent offer for Vlasic (something like 5M loan + obligation to buy at, say, 20M if he makes a pre-determined number of appearances or something) and Chelsea decide to give up Ziyech on loan in the last few days of the transfer market.

Because as we are right now, with Brahim and Alexis as starters, mark my words that we will never make top 4 in the league again, and we'll get crushed in the CL. I hope Maldini is smart enough to realise this.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Aug 1 2021, 05:32 PM
Post #382

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Emotionally unstable is a bit cruel, but well, I get what you mean.

I wouldn't get excited about Milan this year all in all. July passed and even if the media got some things wrong, I think it's obvious that we don't have much options. No players bar Hauge to sell for some capital gain, no money left for serious transfers.

Next year we're gonna focus on signing Belotti (who is nothing but mediocre but fits the profile of a pseudo-star) or Vlahović and most likely a new goalkeeper (I'm pretty much sure Maignan will turn out to be a terrible signing).

Judging from the friendly yesterday, we should sell Hernandez immediately if PSG keep on knocking on our door with a big money offer. The money could then help us fund a good Hakan replacement after all. Theo is a good overall player but he's defensively unreliable as hell.

I'm so sad to see Milan return to CL after so many years only to await a humiliating season. We'll enter the season with a much weaker squad then last year, still relying on players like Leao or even Castillejo and the injury prone and too old Ibrahimović. While at the same time losing actual contributors like Hakan and Donna. Pioli was out of ideas last season, I don't think he has it in him to scratch the old system and try some good alternatives. It's going to be a disaster..

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 1 2021, 05:44 PM
Post #383

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 1 2021, 05:32 PM) *

I wouldn't get excited about Milan this year all in all. July passed and even if the media got some things wrong, I think it's obvious that we don't have much options. No players bar Hauge to sell for some capital gain, no money left for serious transfers.

Next year we're gonna focus on signing Belotti (who is nothing but mediocre but fits the profile of a pseudo-star) or Vlahović and most likely a new goalkeeper (I'm pretty much sure Maignan will turn out to be a terrible signing).

Judging from the friendly yesterday, we should sell Hernandez immediately if PSG keep on knocking on our door with a big money offer. The money could then help us fund a good Hakan replacement after all. Theo is a good overall player but he's defensively unreliable as hell.

I'm so sad to see Milan return to CL after so many years only to await a humiliating season. We'll enter the season with a much weaker squad then last year, still relying on players like Leao or even Castillejo and the injury prone and too old Ibrahimović. While at the same time losing actual contributors like Hakan and Donna. Pioli was out of ideas last season, I don't think he has it in him to scratch the old system and try some good alternatives. It's going to be a disaster..

Wow, talk about pessimistic. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Though I do share your feelings. I'm very disappointed at this signing campaign. Not only we let two of our most valuable players walk out for free, but we're having a hard time replacing one of them, let alone strengthening the team. After finally returning to the CL, we should be making a statement, not looking for scraps.

Though I have one question: why do you think Maignan will turn out terrible? He's praised by many as a great goalie, and the future France GK after Lloris retires.

+Quote Post

William405
post Aug 1 2021, 05:45 PM
Post #384

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 1 2021, 07:32 PM) *

Maignan a bad signing, why? He seems solid. Otherwise, I do agree.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Aug 1 2021, 06:49 PM
Post #385

Primavera
Group Icon

I've watched him a few times now. He lacks height, he's aerially clumsy and insecure. This will add up to our biggest problem last season - set pieces. Which we seem not to know how to solve.

Then there is his mentality which is shaky as well. He reminds me of Dida, good reflexes and intelligent positioning, but clumsy shot stopping and many insecurities.

Maybe he'll turn out to be the next Bernard Lama. But I doubt this will happen.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 1 2021, 07:10 PM
Post #386

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 1 2021, 06:49 PM) *
I've watched him a few times now. He lacks height, he's aerially clumsy and insecure. This will add up to our biggest problem last season - set pieces. Which we seem not to know how to solve.

Then there is his mentality which is shaky as well. He reminds me of Dida, good reflexes and intelligent positioning, but clumsy shot stopping and many insecurities.

In all honesty Donnarumma had similar insecurities as well. Let's not forget all his howlers and set piece mistakes over the years.

I'm quite confident about Maignan. In my opinion he's the least of our worries.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 1 2021, 07:11 PM
Post #387

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 1 2021, 03:14 PM) *
Ilicic is being mentioned for the right wing. Gasperini said he has asked to leave, so he definitely won't be playing for Atalanta next season.

I read on Mediaset that we want to sign him just by relinquishing our right to earn 50% of Pessina's future sale. But considering that if Pessina makes 100 appearances for Atalanta that clause will be canceled, Atalanta also want some money. And rightfully so.

I really hope this is just media BS. Going for an emotionally unstable 33-year-old like Ilicic would be a big mistake. My only wish at this point is that we make some sort of decent offer for Vlasic (something like 5M loan + obligation to buy at, say, 20M if he makes a pre-determined number of appearances or something) and Chelsea decide to give up Ziyech on loan in the last few days of the transfer market.

Because as we are right now, with Brahim and Alexis as starters, mark my words that we will never make top 4 in the league again, and we'll get crushed in the CL. I hope Maldini is smart enough to realise this.

Agreed re Ilicic. Terrible move. But I can only imagine that they see it as a cost effective solution for the RW. Even if I don't think he fits the role as it is under Pioli

Vlasic is perfect for what we need. If we do sign him, I personally think he'd be an improvement on Hakan. Sabitzer is also available and for cheaper, if CSKA don't want to budge then we should go for him instead as he also fits the mold of what we need and imo is a better overall player than Hakan. So either choice would mean we're improving a position imo

I think if anyone out there knows what Milan needs, it's Paolo. It's just not that easy in this market to accomplish all that you want to do when one hand is tied behind your back.

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 1 2021, 05:32 PM) *

Vlahovic will be out of our price rage by next summer.

I agree that looking at the squad now, there are obvious weak areas that need to be addressed. Especially for CL. But we still have a month to go of the window being open. So there's still lost of time for things to get done. Let's not throw ourselves off the cliff jus yet.

You being harsh on Maignan imo. He was voted best GK in his league and had the most clean sheets last season. For the price we paid and the salary we are giving him, I say he's a great signing. Especially when comparing what Donna was going to cost us

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 1 2021, 06:49 PM) *

We won the CL and Serie A with Dida. A GK is not as crucial in the grand scheme of things imo. You don't need the best keeper to be successful and while Donna is a big loss for us, we're replacing him with someone who is good enough. I'd rather we spend what he was going to cost us in agent fees and salaries on outfield players tbh. My only regret with him is that we did not sell him last summer for 30m or so and got something for him

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Aug 4 2021, 09:40 AM
Post #388

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

Not sure how this feels, apparently Zlatan was hoping for a return to PSG but Leonardo closed the door on him and hence he signed an extension with Milan.

If anything, this goes to show time has changed and that Milan is no longer The Milan we grew up with. Cala and Donna leaving points to that, they want silverware and Milan does not seem to be ready for primetime anytime soon.

Regardless, Forza Milan.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Aug 4 2021, 10:12 AM
Post #389

Primavera
Group Icon

I think we're stuck at an impass.

Milan making CL was, it seems, unexpected at this point and judging from how our management and funding stands, it could turn out to be a fluke comeback.

The pattern we've seen will just continue. Contract negotiations will drag on (Romagnoli, Kessie, Theo, Kjaer). It seems that even a gun ho Franck Kessie who publicly expressed his love for Milan needs several weeks (months?) to sign an extension. Something makes Milan less attractive...

Then there is the stingy pattern with transfers. I read Juventus signed Kaio Jorge for peanuts. Great; seems it wasn't a media invention after all. But hey, we managed to save a few bucks! Now let's invest them in a plethora of transfer targets containing has-been's (Iličić) and players in their last year of contract. Let's be as cheap as possible, save yet more money and sign mediocre players to replace our starters.

Re: Maignan, that's just how I feel, can't say that it will turn out this way. But the Dida argument isn't standing. Dida was similar yes, but man o man did he have - Nesta, Maldini, Cafu, Serginho, Stam, Ringo and Ambro to defend all the way. Milan 04 would have been great with Abbiati and Fiori as well between the posts. But this Milan would struggle. But anyway, this really isn't that important now, it'll be a discussion for next summer.

+Quote Post

William405
post Aug 4 2021, 10:59 AM
Post #390

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Aug 4 2021, 11:40 AM) *
Not sure how this feels, apparently Zlatan was hoping for a return to PSG but Leonardo closed the door on him and hence he signed an extension with Milan.

If anything, this goes to show time has changed and that Milan is no longer The Milan we grew up with. Cala and Donna leaving points to that, they want silverware and Milan does not seem to be ready for primetime anytime soon.

Regardless, Forza Milan.

I don't believe it.

+Quote Post

52 Pages V  « < 24 25 26 27 28 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 11:27 PM