post Dec 10 2014, 11:20 PM
Post #196

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (Danny @ Dec 11 2014, 01:10 AM) *
I was watching Zlatan.

Good for you. For all I know, Barcelona-PSG was a amusing match while I lost my nerves with those Roma chokers.

Agreed with you Han. But what especially disappointed me today was Rudy Garcia and his tactics. Rigid, leaving key players on the bench,...very poor match on his side.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 10 2014, 11:25 PM
Post #197

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

I have a Roma friend and he told me he wouldn't mind going out, cos he wants to win the scudetto. And I have to agree with him. Roma are just too green for Europe yet. By focusing solely on the league, I think they have a fair chance of winning the title.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Dec 11 2014, 12:03 AM
Post #198

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

Just goes to show the gulf in quality that separates Roma and City.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Dec 11 2014, 12:03 AM
Post #199

Smoking Bianco

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 11 2014, 01:18 AM
Post #200

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Dec 11 2014, 02:03 AM) *

But to be quite fair, today quality didn't decide actually and the difference wasn't as evident as one might suppose.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Dec 11 2014, 02:48 AM
Post #201

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Dec 10 2014, 11:03 PM) *

You mean lack of one, right? City struggled V CSKA yet Roma destroyed them and got a pretty easy draw at the Etihad. City managed this qualification thanks to managing to beat both Bayern & Roma despite not being as good as either of them.

As X says, Roma are green round the ears re: Europe and UCL in particular, and City are absolutely horrendous given the resources they have.

I am no Roma fan but they're unlucky to have lost out to that City.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 11 2014, 08:58 AM
Post #202

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Dec 10 2014, 11:20 PM) *
Good for you. For all I know, Barcelona-PSG was a amusing match while I lost my nerves with those Roma chokers.

Agreed with you Han. But what especially disappointed me today was Rudy Garcia and his tactics. Rigid, leaving key players on the bench,...very poor match on his side.

I personally thought they played an overall good game and were the better side (who also had the better chances). But as usual, they choked when it mattered the most. City had what? 3 clear cut chances? They took 2 of them. Roma had 5 or 6 and took none

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 10 2014, 11:25 PM) *
I have a Roma friend and he told me he wouldn't mind going out, cos he wants to win the scudetto. And I have to agree with him. Roma are just too green for Europe yet. By focusing solely on the league, I think they have a fair chance of winning the title.

Meh, I don't think they have any realistic shot at winning it tbh. Yeah they'll push Juve right up till April or May, but at the end of the day, there's only one possible winner for this title imo.

Anyone saying that Roma can win it for me are mostly wishful thinkers and are trying to fool themselves into believing Serie A is more competitive than it really is.

Roma have some great players (midfielders) that I would kill to have on our team, but they're just not as good as Juve. Add in the choke factor and you have a recipe for failure

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Dec 11 2014, 12:03 AM) *

Did you even watch the game? Roma had just as many chances to win this as City did, probably even more, Roma had the upper hand during most of the game but choked when it mattered (as usual for them whether it's Serie A or the CL).

Roma were the better side against City in both their encounters

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 11 2014, 10:10 AM
Post #203

Primavera
Group Icon

But it's not just a matter of choking. Why didn't Strootman or De Rossi play? Roma were rapidly loosing the midfield battle, while Garcia insisted with the Nainggolan-Pjanić-Keita (who was too defensive) combination. He also insisted on Totti playing 70 minutes and came too late with the subs. This one goes (IMO) mostly on Garcia, just like when he lost to Bayern.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 11 2014, 11:58 AM
Post #204

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Dec 11 2014, 10:10 AM) *
But it's not just a matter of choking. Why didn't Strootman or De Rossi play? Roma were rapidly loosing the midfield battle, while Garcia insisted with the Nainggolan-Pjanić-Keita (who was too defensive) combination. He also insisted on Totti playing 70 minutes and came too late with the subs. This one goes (IMO) mostly on Garcia, just like when he lost to Bayern.

I don't really think they lost the midfield battle. As I said, they were the ones who created more chances and had the upper hand in the game for most of the time.

But yeah, I also agree that you just don't leave a player like De Rossi on the bench in such a big match, and has Strootman been playing regularly since returning from injury?

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 11 2014, 12:14 PM
Post #205

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Dec 11 2014, 12:03 AM) *

Troll. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 11 2014, 08:58 AM) *
Meh, I don't think they have any realistic shot at winning it tbh. Yeah they'll push Juve right up till April or May, but at the end of the day, there's only one possible winner for this title imo.

Anyone saying that Roma can win it for me are mostly wishful thinkers and are trying to fool themselves into believing Serie A is more competitive than it really is.

Roma have some great players (midfielders) that I would kill to have on our team, but they're just not as good as Juve. Add in the choke factor and you have a recipe for failure.

Nah, the league is different. They have all it takes to push for the title until the very end. I wouldn't be so sure of Juve winning it.

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Dec 11 2014, 10:10 AM) *

I agree about Totti. He was terrible last night. His old age couldn't let him cope with City's physical players and their constant pressuring. I was also boggled why De Rossi didn't play. He wasn't injured, was he? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

As for Strootman, the guy hasn't started a game yet since his injury. Playing him last night would have been too risky.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 11 2014, 10:14 PM
Post #206

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 11 2014, 12:14 PM) *
Nah, the league is different. They have all it takes to push for the title until the very end. I wouldn't be so sure of Juve winning it.

We'll see, but I personally can't see them winning it, certainly not this season

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Dec 11 2014, 10:16 PM
Post #207

Smoking Bianco

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Dec 11 2014, 04:18 AM) *
But to be quite fair, today quality didn't decide actually and the difference wasn't as evident as one might suppose.

Roma showed spirit and hunger, they did not give up. They were playing at home, it is only natural. Especially after that Bayern result. Had they not played like that there would have been more damage to the score.

It is definitely about quality, considering City have players of world class status and 'continuity', while Roma have a fallen Italian star in 'Totti' and a team that is relatively newly built.

Dude City are the reigning EPL champions, Roma are?

+Quote Post

acid911
post Dec 11 2014, 10:23 PM
Post #208

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Dec 12 2014, 03:16 AM) *
Dude City are the reigning EPL champions, Roma are?

Playing in the best league there is? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) At least in terms of tactics and tactical sense of the game.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Dec 11 2014, 11:16 PM
Post #209

Smoking Bianco

QUOTE (acid911 @ Dec 12 2014, 01:23 AM) *
Playing in the best league there is? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) At least in terms of tactics and tactical sense of the game.

Is Serie A the best league? As far as rankings go, they aren't.

In terms of tactics and tactical sense? I believe football has evolved from the 90s. Italian teams are not as qualified as they once were in the 90s. Our coaches have migrated to Spain, England, France, Russia etc and are sharing all those traits we used to have exclusively at Serie A.

But that is just my opinion (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 12 2014, 12:24 AM
Post #210

Primavera
Group Icon

I know, but Roma were continually loosing the midfield game, and not to bring in some like De Rossi or Strootman was a big mistake IMO.

+Quote Post

32 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 11:02 AM