> [DFL]Bundesliga 2007/2008

LaPalma
post Aug 10 2007, 12:35 PM
Post #1

Insert cool title here<--
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,792

The new season in the Bundesliga is about to start this evening with the top match Stuttgart - Schalke.
I dunno if many people besides me and Teenie watch the Bundesliga often, but I thought as most attended league in the world, the Bundesliga deserves an own topic.

And if it's only here for me to write down how many goals Joel Epalle scored (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Aug 10 2007, 12:43 PM
Post #2

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

Go Stuttgart! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

The opening match will be shown live here (in addition to three games on Saturday - including Bochum's!) and I look forward to seeing the Bundesliga starting up again.

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Aug 10 2007, 01:00 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

QUOTE (Tennie @ Aug 10 2007, 12:43 PM)
Go Stuttgart! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

The opening match will be shown live here (in addition to three games on Saturday - including Bochum's!) and I look forward to seeing the Bundesliga starting up again.

Without Gomez and Cacau it'll be a very tough match for them. But I'm eager to see Cyprian Marica....for 8 Million he'd better be a good striker...

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Aug 10 2007, 01:07 PM
Post #4

Token Girl
Group Icon

? I knew Gomez was out but the latest (english-language) report I read said Cacau would be available. It's too early in the morning for me to dare trying to read German.

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Aug 10 2007, 01:42 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Cacau will most probably sit on the bench as he's not fit to play 90 minutes. Maybe Veh lets him play as joker. They'll play a 4-1-4-1 most likely with Marica as only striker.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Aug 10 2007, 01:50 PM
Post #6

Token Girl
Group Icon

Oh dear.

Maybe one (or more) of the Schalke players will get sent off for diving. They do it so frequently...

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Aug 10 2007, 07:04 PM
Post #7

Token Girl
Group Icon

Hsm. Half an hour til kickoff and the ESPN matchcast lists Cacau as starting. Maybe he /is/ better. One can hope!

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Aug 10 2007, 07:18 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

QUOTE (Tennie @ Aug 10 2007, 07:04 PM)
Hsm. Half an hour til kickoff and the ESPN matchcast lists Cacau as starting. Maybe he /is/ better. One can hope!

Can't wait to see the match...one of the two live matches of the season shown on free tv. Hope Stuttgart will win it. I dunno about Cacau...seems that Armin Veh hasn't decided yet...

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Aug 10 2007, 07:41 PM
Post #9

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

We don't get any Live German football here unfortunately, but I do like the highlights shows we get. It reminds me alot of the Premier League, the fans, atmosphere, etc. So I'll be taking a much bigger interest in it this year.

..I've decided to support Stuttgart, not because I'm a glory hunter! Just because I like Der Hammer. Keep me updated on the score please. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Aug 10 2007, 07:50 PM
Post #10

Token Girl
Group Icon

Haha. Lost a bet with myself. Boka was NOT the first player to get carded. Kuranyi was. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

EDIT: oops. Hilbert own goal. Schalke leads 1-0 in the 25th.

This post has been edited by Tennie: Aug 10 2007, 08:09 PM

+Quote Post

dst
post Aug 10 2007, 08:27 PM
Post #11

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

Good first half. Great atmosphere by the fans!!

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Aug 10 2007, 09:29 PM
Post #12

Token Girl
Group Icon

2-2, full time. A pretty good game for the first game of the season. I wish Stuttgart had been able to pull it out, but even so it was a good show.

+Quote Post

dst
post Aug 10 2007, 09:39 PM
Post #13

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (Tennie @ Aug 10 2007, 11:29 PM)
2-2, full time. A pretty good game for the first game of the season. I wish Stuttgart had been able to pull it out, but even so it was a good show.

Yes. I like Stuttgart! They play good football... the second half was very good! Great pace by both teams. Stuttgart really owned Schalke in those 15 minutes they scored the goals!!

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Aug 11 2007, 01:19 AM
Post #14

Group Icon

What a goal by Rakitic...maybe he really can fill the gap left by Lincoln....young Özil was good as well.
Btw...I lost a bet as well. I said that Marica would score the first goal of the season. Good first game by him though.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Aug 11 2007, 05:21 PM
Post #15

Token Girl
Group Icon

So Bayern played Hansa Rostock, one of the newly-promoted teams. It wasn't necessarily the hardest challenge Bayern will face this year, but they looked scary good. Result 3-0. Toni got the first goal, Klose the other two.

+Quote Post

misha
post Aug 16 2007, 12:38 PM
Post #16

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 787

Watching the Bayern game last week I was wondering why the f@ck couldn't we buy Klose?

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Aug 16 2007, 01:08 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

QUOTE (mishale @ Aug 16 2007, 12:38 PM)
Watching the Bayern game last week I was wondering why the f@ck couldn't we buy Klose?

Well....I guess all his critics were wrong about him, he's a brillant striker, but I can't stand him anymore....lost all respect for him after his transfer story to Bayern.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Aug 16 2007, 04:50 PM
Post #18

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

Gotta agree...what about Van der Vaart. I'll only quit Hamburg for Madrid, and now he's like I wanna go to Valencia.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Aug 16 2007, 06:29 PM
Post #19

Token Girl
Group Icon

Unsurprisingly (or not), Van der Vaart is NOT playing in Hamburg's Uefa Cup game (vs. Honved. Currently scorless in the 21st min).

+Quote Post

bigmacmtl
post Aug 16 2007, 06:35 PM
Post #20

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,592

QUOTE (LaPalma @ Aug 16 2007, 07:08 AM)
Well....I guess all his critics were wrong about him, he's a brillant striker, but I can't stand him anymore....lost all respect for him after his transfer story to Bayern.

ya especially cuz i've always liked bremen.... + he said is he was to move it would be outside of germany.

that would be like toni saying he wouldnt betray fiorentina and then he demands a transfer to inter (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Aug 16 2007, 08:57 PM
Post #21

Prima Squadra

Germany squad to face England at Wembley:

Goalkeepers: Timo Hildebrand (Valencia, Spain), Jens Lehmann (Arsenal, England)

Defenders: Arne Friedrich (Hertha Berlin), Clemens Fritz (Werder Bremen), Marcell Jansen (Bayern Munich), Philipp Lahm (Bayern Munich), Per Mertesacker (Werder Bremen), Christoph Metzelder (Real Madrid, Spain), Serdar Tasci (VfB Stuttgart)

Midfielders: Roberto Hilbert (VfB Stuttgart), Thomas Hitzlsperger (VfB Stuttgart), Sami Khedira (VfB Stuttgart), Simon Rolfes (Bayer Leverkusen), Bernd Schneider (Bayer Leverkusen), Bastian Schweinsteiger (Bayern Munich), Piotr Trochowski (Hamburg SV)

Forwards: Patrick Helmes (Cologne), Stefan Kiessling (Bayer Leverkusen), Miroslav Klose (Bayern Munich), Kevin Kuranyi (Schalke 04)

Looks like their squad is as injury hit as ours. As long as Lehmann plays, we've always got a chance. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

At least this squad has more Germans in it, rather than Poles and Ghanians. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

This post has been edited by kurtsimonw: Aug 16 2007, 09:02 PM

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Aug 16 2007, 09:03 PM
Post #22

Token Girl
Group Icon

(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Khedira got a call up! He's one of my favorite Stuttgart players, came up through their youth team and played his way onto the first team last year. He's a fun one to watch.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Aug 16 2007, 11:02 PM
Post #23

Prima Squadra

The Germany coach Joachim Loew, anybody know anything about him? The name doesn't ring a bell for me, just wondering how good he was to land one of the biggest jobs in the sport.

This post has been edited by kurtsimonw: Aug 16 2007, 11:13 PM

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Aug 16 2007, 11:41 PM
Post #24

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,388

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 16 2007, 04:02 PM)
The Germany coach Joachim Loew, anybody know anything about him? The name doesn't ring a bell for me, just wondering how good he was to land one of the biggest jobs in the sport.

I think he was Klinsmann's assistant.

+Quote Post

bigmacmtl
post Aug 17 2007, 03:08 AM
Post #25

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,592

QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Aug 16 2007, 05:41 PM)
I think he was Klinsmann's assistant.

he was

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Aug 17 2007, 08:11 AM
Post #26

Group Icon

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 16 2007, 11:02 PM)

Max is right. Löw was assisting Klinsi from 2004 till 2006. Before that he coached some Bundesliga teams. His biggest success back then was when he won the DFB Cup with Stuttgart.
Our squad? You're right... some of our best players are injured, with Ballack and Frings two of our "old" leaders won't be there. Jansen will also miss the game which is a very big loss IMO, as he's one the best LW backs there are. Gomez injury is bad too, but we have Kuranyi and Klose...one brillant and one very good striker.
Lehmann? I don't care what he does for Arsenal. When he plays for Germany he's always there in the important games.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Aug 17 2007, 08:16 AM
Post #27

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (LaPalma @ Aug 17 2007, 07:11 AM)
Max is right. Löw was assisting Klinsi from 2004 till 2006. Before that he coached some Bundesliga teams. His biggest success back then was when he won the DFB Cup with Stuttgart.
Our squad? You're right... some of our best players are injured, with Ballack and Frings two of our "old" leaders won't be there. Jansen will also miss the game which is a very big loss IMO, as he's one the best LW backs there are. Gomez injury is bad too, but we have Kuranyi and Klose...one brillant and one very good striker.
Lehmann? I don't care what he does for Arsenal. When he plays for Germany he's always there in the important games.

It's unfortunate that alot of our best players are injured. You seem to have quite a few key players out, while we only have Rooney as a loss at the moment, though Rafa Benitez is saying Gerrard will be fit for the game against Chelsea on Sunday, but will be unavailable for the game against Germany(?) I don't understand the logic in that.

LaPalma, any idea on the most likely lineup of the announced squad? Alot of the names are very unfamiliar to me, so I wouldn't like to guess!

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Aug 17 2007, 09:21 AM
Post #28

Group Icon

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 17 2007, 08:16 AM)
It's unfortunate that alot of our best players are injured. You seem to have quite a few key players out, while we only have Rooney as a loss at the moment, though Rafa Benitez is saying Gerrard will be fit for the game against Chelsea on Sunday, but will be unavailable for the game against Germany(?) I don't understand the logic in that.

LaPalma, any idea on the most likely lineup of the announced squad? Alot of the names are very unfamiliar to me, so I wouldn't like to guess!

Not quite sure...but this would be my guess....

-----------------------------------Lehmann----------------------------

-----Lahm---------Mertesacker---------Metzelder------Pander---

--------------------------------Hitzlsperger---------------------------

---Hilbert------------------------------------------Schweinsteiger---

-------------------------------Schneider------------------------------

-----------------Klose-----------------------Kuranyi-----------------

I think the back 4 are quite certain, as Lahm is the only wing back available as Jansen is out. I dunno why Löw hasn't called up Christian Pander of Schalke...really good LB. I think Friedrich will play on the right flank as he did last year at the World Cup. If he's OK, Clemens Fritz of Bremen might take Friedrichs spot...it's the more offensive option. Other options for that are Tasci (too young, first call up) or Hilbert (learned Midfielder, but played very good as RB in the Bundesliga opener against Schalke).

The midfield is a real problem as Borowski, Ballack and Frings are out. All experienced midfielders with a lot of class. My guess is that we'll play with Hitzlsperger as number 6, Khedira and Rolfes could play that as well, but I given Hitzlspergers great form he'll most probably play. Schweinsteiger on the left is certain, Hilbert on the right most likely as we need Schneider as AM. That guy is a genius. Almost 34 years old and getting better year by year...he's easily the most creative german player after the retirement of Sebastian Deisler.

The attack....Kuranyi and Klose will play there from the beginning. Both are great in the air, both in top form, both are experienced. Plus, Helmes (playing in the 2nd Bundesliga) and Kießling (not at top of his game AND very unexperienced) won't really challenge them for this spots. With Podolski and Gomez our quality options are out (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Edit: Fritz is injured and Löw nominated Christian Pander of Schalke....sp I updated my line-up.

This post has been edited by LaPalma: Aug 17 2007, 12:49 PM

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Aug 17 2007, 05:18 PM
Post #29

Prima Squadra

The lineup you've put does look pretty strong. Only Pander and Hilbert I'm not too familiar with. Klose vs Terry - That ought to be one to watch. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Aug 17 2007, 05:19 PM
Post #30

Token Girl
Group Icon

Hilbert's good, despite his little oops against Schalke last week.

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Aug 18 2007, 10:39 AM
Post #31

Group Icon

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 17 2007, 05:18 PM)
The lineup you've put does look pretty strong. Only Pander and Hilbert I'm not too familiar with. Klose vs Terry - That ought to be one to watch.  (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Strong?Ballack and Frings are our MvPs.....especially without Frings in front of the defense it'll be very tough. On the other hand....Before the Klinsmann era and our many new young players in the NT we would have been dommed without Frings and Ballack.

Hilbert and Pander? They're both young players I'll rate very high. Especially Pander, really good LB, good in the attack, good crosses, awesome corners and free kicks.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Aug 18 2007, 11:12 AM
Post #32

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (LaPalma @ Aug 18 2007, 09:39 AM)
Strong?Ballack and Frings are our MvPs.....especially without Frings in front of the defense it'll be very tough. On the other hand....Before the Klinsmann era and our many new young players in the NT we would have been dommed without Frings and Ballack.

Hilbert and Pander? They're both young players I'll rate very high. Especially Pander, really good LB, good in the attack, good crosses, awesome corners and free kicks.

Your lineup will be stronger than ours for sure. Neville is missing from the back, Beckham and possibly Gerrard from midfield and then Rooney and Owen won't be playing up front. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Aug 18 2007, 03:52 PM
Post #33

Token Girl
Group Icon

I think I'm glad Milan faced last year's Bayern in the CL semis. This year's new-look Bayern is spanking Bremen today. Score is 2-0 in the 60th (goals by Ribery and Toni) and I wouldn't be surprised if they scored more. Bayern are going to be tough to beat in the league and in the UEFA Cup.

+Quote Post

whoarethepatriot...
post Aug 18 2007, 04:05 PM
Post #34

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 782

Looks like Toni is doing well, 2 in 2 if i am not mistaken

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Aug 18 2007, 04:09 PM
Post #35

Token Girl
Group Icon

Yup. Toni is doing very well so far. Scored in the first game, scored today, and...wow. Just set up Bayern's third goal.

EDIT: Final score was Werder Bermen 0 - 4 Bayern Munich.

Goals from Ribery, Toni, Altintop, and Ottl.

This post has been edited by Tennie: Aug 18 2007, 04:22 PM

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Aug 18 2007, 05:37 PM
Post #36

Group Icon

Brillant performance as well by Schalke 04. They crushed Dortmunf in Gelsenkirchen with a great 4-1! And what a performance by Christian Pander (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

+Quote Post

whoarethepatriot...
post Aug 18 2007, 06:20 PM
Post #37

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 782

This bayern squad is looking very threatening, at first i thought it was funny that they didnt qualify for CL, but it looks like the CL will be slightly duller without them

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Aug 25 2007, 03:24 PM
Post #38

Allievi Nazionali

Toni scored for Bayern and got injured.

Gekas scored the 3rd goals for Leverkusen. I know some of you follow him here.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Aug 25 2007, 03:33 PM
Post #39

Token Girl
Group Icon

And a shoutout for La Palma, Bochum beat Hamburg 2-1 yesterday!

(I hope Toni's injury isn't bad. The Azzurri need him. the fact that he went straight to the dressingroom isn't encouraging).

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Aug 26 2007, 09:34 PM
Post #40

Group Icon

QUOTE (Tennie @ Aug 25 2007, 03:33 PM)
And a shoutout for La Palma, Bochum beat Hamburg 2-1 yesterday!

(I hope Toni's injury isn't bad. The Azzurri need him. the fact that he went straight to the dressingroom isn't encouraging).

Hehe...we were on top of the table for one day (the first time in 5 years), and what a game it was. Thrilling, with a great goal and you could even see the moon over Wanne-Eickel. Great night! Now Bayern is on top again, they'll win the Bundesliga this year...that's certain. But what a comeback by Mario Gomez. He was injured for 3 or 4 weeks, comes back and scores immediately. That guy is just fvcking awesome!

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Sep 2 2007, 05:50 PM
Post #41

Token Girl
Group Icon

Very tough match between Hamburg -Bayern today. 1-1 draw. Lots of cards.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Sep 3 2007, 04:48 PM
Post #42

Token Girl
Group Icon

Side note: if any of you get a chance to watch Bayer Leverkusen play, DO IT.

The team has Theofanis Gekas in as striker, and he's really on form. But the player I think is even more exciting to watch is their keeper, Rene Adler. This kid is spectacular.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 20 2007, 08:47 AM
Post #43

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (Tennie @ Sep 3 2007, 04:48 PM)
Side note: if any of you get a chance to watch Bayer Leverkusen play, DO IT.

The team has Theofanis Gekas in as striker, and he's really on form. But the player I think is even more exciting to watch is their keeper, Rene Adler. This kid is spectacular.

Adler and Schneider. I'm so sorry Bernd is too old to play for us, or something more then just BL. But he is in terrific form, he simply fascinates me in every single move. Passing, shooting, dribbling,...

I do like German players in all, but there are (or were) 2 guys I adore- Bernd Schneider and Mehmet Scholl. So sorry they both had much injuries.

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Sep 22 2007, 12:08 PM
Post #44

Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 20 2007, 08:47 AM)
Adler and Schneider. I'm so sorry Bernd is too old to play for us, or something more then just BL. But he is in terrific form, he simply fascinates me in every single move. Passing, shooting, dribbling,...

I do like German players in all, but there are (or were) 2 guys I adore- Bernd Schneider and Mehmet Scholl. So sorry they both had much injuries.

Agreed, Schnixx is simply amazing. He was amazing in the last years as well but it seems the football world discovered his talents a bit too late for him. IMO he's a better OM than Ballack is. Schneider is just technically so gifted. More than any other german player. Like him a lot.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Sep 23 2007, 05:27 PM
Post #45

Prima Squadra

Just looking at some scores, nice to see Toni playing very well. Bayern seem unstoppable.

Karlsruhe [1 - 3] Bayern Munich - Currently on '70
5' [0 - 1] L. Toni
20' [0 - 2] M. Klose
49' [0 - 3] H. Altintop
52' [1 - 3] M. Porcello

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 23 2007, 07:21 PM
Post #46

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (LaPalma @ Sep 22 2007, 12:08 PM)
Agreed, Schnixx is simply amazing. He was amazing in the last years as well but it seems the football world discovered his talents a bit too late for him. IMO he's a better OM than Ballack is. Schneider is just technically so gifted. More than any other german player. Like him a lot.

Sure he is better then Ballack. And this Euro could be his competition,.. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Bayern are the sure champions. There is no team that could stop them. Schalke is not serious enough, Leverkusen has a way toooo week defense, Hertha also, BVB is still unstable and very moody. Werder is inflicted with similar injury problems as Sammer's Dortmund had a couple of years ago. Defending champion Stuttgart struggles to find his form and Nürenberg is suffering from their uneffective transfer policy. So there is no possible way for Bayern to loose this season,..

+Quote Post

dst
post Sep 23 2007, 10:13 PM
Post #47

Primavera
Group Icon

I think Toni has scored in every single one of his official appearances with Bayern!! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Sep 24 2007, 11:37 AM
Post #48

Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 23 2007, 07:21 PM)
Sure he is better then Ballack. And this Euro could be his competition,.. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Bayern are the sure champions. There is no team that could stop them. Schalke is not serious enough, Leverkusen has a way toooo week defense, Hertha also, BVB is still unstable and very moody. Werder is inflicted with similar injury problems as Sammer's Dortmund had a couple of years ago. Defending champion Stuttgart struggles to find his form and Nürenberg is suffering from their uneffective transfer policy. So there is no possible way for Bayern to loose this season,..

IMO the only team that can stop Bayern this is year is Schalke. They've already played against the most dangerous sides in Germany....Stuttgart, Bremen, Dortmund, Bayern. They haven't lost till now and IMO they're better without their playmaker Lincoln. Their new OM Rakitic might not be as elegant as Lincoln but he's more effective and only 19. he can be "something" in a few years. And with Kuranyi they have a brillant striker. Can't stand them but they have a good team.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 24 2007, 02:41 PM
Post #49

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (LaPalma @ Sep 24 2007, 11:37 AM)
IMO the only team that can stop Bayern this is year is Schalke. They've already played against the most dangerous sides in Germany....Stuttgart, Bremen, Dortmund, Bayern. They haven't lost till now and IMO they're better without their playmaker Lincoln. Their new OM Rakitic might not be as elegant as Lincoln but he's more effective and only 19. he can be "something" in a few years. And with Kuranyi they have a brillant striker. Can't stand them but they have a good team.

You know, that is really funny. I like the German team very much, I like clubs like Bayern, BVB, Gladbach, Werder or HSV very much. But the only big team I really can't stand is Schalke. I don't know why,...but as you said, I can't stand them. I hope Rakitic changes his team soon cause I don't like to see him there.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Sep 24 2007, 03:11 PM
Post #50

Token Girl
Group Icon

Wow...I don't like Schalke either. They must really have some bad karma at Gelsenkirchen. Nobody likes them!

That said, this year's Bayern are...all but unstoppable. They're a powerhouse and I wouldn't be surprised if they go unbeaten this year.

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Sep 24 2007, 03:17 PM
Post #51

Group Icon

QUOTE (Tennie @ Sep 24 2007, 03:11 PM)
Wow...I don't like Schalke either. They must really have some bad karma at Gelsenkirchen. Nobody likes them!

That said, this year's Bayern are...all but unstoppable. They're a powerhouse and I wouldn't be surprised if they go unbeaten this year.

IMO they weren't that impressing at all in the last couple of games. They were crappy against Hamburg, were lucky not to loose against Schalke and their UEFA Cup match against Belenenses...that was nothing special as well. They were good against Karlsruhe but Karlsruhe had bad luck. Even hitzfeld admitted after the game that there's still a lot of work to do for him. IMO they'll struggle if Toni or Klose would be out longer. Without them they're not much better than last year.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Sep 24 2007, 05:45 PM
Post #52

Group Icon

LaPalma or anyone can you give me Bayern's formation?

If I understand, they play Toni and Klose up front nein? Und Ribery plays behind?So wo ist Podolski? Since Ribery, Altintop, Schweinsteiger and Van Bommel would I presume fill in the mid-field?

Do we have a prospective transfer??

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Sep 24 2007, 06:12 PM
Post #53

Token Girl
Group Icon

LaPalma probably has better info than I do, but it's my understanding that Podolski is now the #3 or #4 striker at Bayern. His form has been...not so great recently, especially compared to the Toni-Klose partnership (if healthy, those two start, with Ribery right behind, at least in the games I've seen).

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 24 2007, 06:43 PM
Post #54

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 24 2007, 05:45 PM)
LaPalma or anyone can you give me Bayern's formation?

If I understand, they play Toni and Klose up front nein? Und Ribery plays behind?So wo ist Podolski? Since Ribery, Altintop, Schweinsteiger and Van Bommel would I presume fill in the mid-field?

Do we have a prospective transfer??

So, jetzt mal aufpassen...

Hitzfeld is doing some rotation and some players are injuried. Something like this:

Kahn; Lucio, Demichelis(Van Buyten/Ismael), Lell(Sagnol), Jansen(Lahm); Ze Roberto, Van Bommel, Ribery, Schweinsteger; Klose, Toni

Sagnol, Lahm and Ismael with injuries, Van Buyten and Altintop are benched. Ribery and Schwein do often change their positions. And yes, Poldi is also on the bench, and out of any form.

This post has been edited by Fillipo Simone: Sep 24 2007, 06:51 PM

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Sep 24 2007, 07:11 PM
Post #55

Group Icon

So then...Poldi to Milan??

Yes because...?
No because...?
I'm freaking crazy because...?

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Sep 24 2007, 07:13 PM
Post #56

Token Girl
Group Icon

Right now, I'd say no because we don't need Gila v2 as far as confidence and strikerate are concerned. Also, if we're going to shell out the kind of $$$ that Bayern would want for Poldi, I'd rather get an in-form Italian.

+Quote Post

misha
post Sep 24 2007, 08:03 PM
Post #57

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (Tennie @ Sep 24 2007, 08:13 PM)
Right now, I'd say no because we don't need Gila v2 as far as confidence and strikerate are concerned. Also, if we're going to shell out the kind of $$$ that Bayern would want for Poldi, I'd rather get an in-form Italian.

Or Dutch like Huntelaar (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

Their league is not the strongest, but still 108 goals in 144 games (for Heerenveen and Ajax) is pretty good record.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 24 2007, 08:47 PM
Post #58

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (mishale @ Sep 24 2007, 08:03 PM)
Or Dutch like Huntelaar (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

Their league is not the strongest, but still 108 goals in 144 games (for Heerenveen and Ajax) is pretty good record.

You know,...mybe the things I'm about to say won't sound very plausible, but,..

In general and very simplificated there are two kinds of strikers in present football - the one let's say Sheva represents and the one that Ruud van Nistelrooy represents. The first group (Drogba, Eto'o, Torres, etc.) are extra-class strikers who are present in every match. They dribble, tackle, shoot, pass, assist, etc. They seiz attention while they play. The other group (Morientes, Cruz, Trezeguet, etc.) consists also talented strikers, but the kind of strikers that make you wait the whole 90 minutes for 1 minute of their magic. If they are really good they usually score. Like Ruud last night against Valladolid. The moment the match started and Real revealed their poor form, I knew RvN will score even though it seemed he wasn't in the match. Okay, he did not score, but made the assist. Gilardino tends to be the same, but does not suceed. He plays the whole 90 mins. in "stelth mode" without that 1 min. of magic.

My point: Huntelaar is in that second group. He waits for his goal in a stelth position and is a cool finisher. I do not know if we need that kind of strikers more then the other.

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Sep 24 2007, 09:39 PM
Post #59

Allievi Nazionali

Well, it would be very nice to have Huntelaar, Inzaghi, Ronaldo, Pato. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Plus, Huntelaar scores from long range shots and freekicks.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Sep 24 2007, 09:41 PM
Post #60

Token Girl
Group Icon

I'm rather eh on Huntelaar. I'd rather have Babel or Snejder (and yes i know MIlan don't play with wingers).

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Sep 24 2007, 09:45 PM
Post #61

Allievi Nazionali

Watch through the whole video. He is more a Sheva-type striker than Gila-type.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIIGScglFCE

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 24 2007, 09:51 PM
Post #62

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (Tennie @ Sep 24 2007, 09:41 PM)
I'm rather eh on Huntelaar. I'd rather have Babel or Snejder (and yes i know MIlan don't play with wingers).

I'm with you on that but both players were signed recently so there is not much of a chance they join us,..

Anyway, I've opened a topic about Huntelaar so that we can rest the Bundesliga topic for related matters,.. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

Link

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Sep 24 2007, 09:53 PM
Post #63

Allievi Nazionali

Here is a compilation of his bicycle kicks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQbNneMKzsU

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 24 2007, 09:55 PM
Post #64

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Sep 24 2007, 09:53 PM)
Here is a compilation of his bicycle kicks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQbNneMKzsU

Bicycle kicks,..that reminds me on one Parma striker,..were did he dissapeared?

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Sep 24 2007, 09:57 PM
Post #65

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 24 2007, 02:55 PM)
Bicycle kicks,..that reminds me on one Parma striker,..were did he dissapeared?

He only ever pulled off what, two bicycle kicks? (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) Did he ever score a free kick?

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 25 2007, 01:22 PM
Post #66

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Sep 24 2007, 09:57 PM)
He only ever pulled off what, two bicycle kicks?  (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) Did he ever score a free kick?

Nope. That's one of Huntelaars advantages. One of many,.. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post

misha
post Sep 25 2007, 07:45 PM
Post #67

Allievi Regionali B

Dortmund are so bad. Hamburg owning them at Westfalenstadion. 2:0 HT

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 25 2007, 07:50 PM
Post #68

Primavera
Group Icon

Doll is an awfull coach, that's why,..

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Sep 26 2007, 07:18 AM
Post #69

Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 25 2007, 07:50 PM)
Doll is an awfull coach, that's why,..

Doll is OK IMO, but Stevens is the much more experienced coach and his strategy not to conceed goals was always a good recipe for success.
Schalke won again...no big surprise IMO they work together as a team better than any other team in the Bundesliga.
About Poldi and Milan...a big fat NO from me. Right now he's only Germanys number 4 striker after Klose, Kuranyi and Gomez. He was injured for half a year and is far away from the player he was in Cologne.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Sep 26 2007, 11:26 PM
Post #70

Prima Squadra

Now I've made it clear that I do not rate Klose one bit, but he and Toni seem to have one hell of a partnership.

Bayern 5-0 Cuttbus
Klose hat-trick, Toni and Demichelis with a goal each.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Sep 30 2007, 12:59 AM
Post #71

Prima Squadra

Another Bayern game, another Bayern win, another Toni goal.
Leverkusen 0-1 Bayern

Other results..
Bochum 3 - 3 Nurnberg
Hamburger SV 2 - 2 Wolfsburg
Hansa Rostock 2 - 1 Stuttgart
Karlsruhe 3 - 1 Borussia Dortmund
Werder Bremen 8 - 1 Arminia Bielefeld (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Sep 30 2007, 01:02 AM
Post #72

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

@ LaPalma what happened to Dormund ?! They used to be a good team !

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Sep 30 2007, 01:26 AM
Post #73

Token Girl
Group Icon

I saw part of the Munich-Leverkusen game. It was a good game that really could've gone either way.

Toni & Klose have a VERY good partnership, though. All it took for the winning goal was one defender being off position a couple of paces.

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Sep 30 2007, 11:08 PM
Post #74

Group Icon

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 30 2007, 01:02 AM)
@ LaPalma what happened to Dormund ?! They used to be a good team !

Dortmund is nowhere near the class they had 6 or 7 years ago. They had existencial financial problems 2 years ago. Now they have a crappy team, they always buy crappy players and don't realise that they're only the second team in the Ruhrgebiet after Schalke (which has a brillant team).
Bayern and Schalke on spots 1 and 2. My prediction: It'll be like this in the end of the season as well.
Bochum scored 3 but it wasn't enough against Cup holders Nürnberg....crqppy defense...
Bremem vs Bielefeld... (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Seems like Bremen starts to play the kinda football again everybode loves them for. Still... they desperately miss Klose.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Sep 30 2007, 11:19 PM
Post #75

Smoking Bianco

QUOTE (LaPalma @ Oct 1 2007, 01:08 AM)
Dortmund is nowhere near the class they had 6 or 7 years ago. They had existencial financial problems 2 years ago. Now they have a crappy team, they always buy crappy players and don't realise that they're only the second team in the Ruhrgebiet after Schalke (which has a brillant team).

Well back then (6-7yrs ago) Dortmund kicked @ss !

Too bad they faced problems ... Did they have a fan base ? or was most of it for Bayern ?!

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 30 2007, 11:23 PM
Post #76

Primavera
Group Icon

Hopefully Klasnic can return for Werder and put out some nice performance...

Dortmund are really looking terrible. Wörns especially,..he is not the player he used to be anymore, but I guess he really is to old. BVB have a very old defense, and a not enough wide spectre in the midfield. The only relatively good thing is the attack - with Diego K, Petric, Frei and Buckley. Kringe has some potential as well, but all together not enough. And I don not rate Doll very high.

It's gonna be like this - Bayern 1st, Schalke 2nd; then for place 3-HSV, Bayer or Werder; KSC could be the suprise,..

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Sep 30 2007, 11:24 PM
Post #77

Group Icon

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 30 2007, 11:19 PM)
Well back then (6-7yrs ago) Dortmund kicked @ss !

Too bad they faced problems ... Did they have a fan base ? or was most of it for Bayern ?!

Dortmund and Schalke are the second biggest clubs in Germany after Bayern. They have a massive fan base, though I can't understand the 75.000 people that watch their home matches...
All of Dortmunds good players are gone. Metzelder (Madrid), Koller (Monaco), Rosicky (Arsenal) and other like Wörns are far past their prime.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Sep 30 2007, 11:46 PM
Post #78

Smoking Bianco

QUOTE (LaPalma @ Oct 1 2007, 01:24 AM)
Dortmund and Schalke are the second biggest clubs in Germany after Bayern. They have a massive fan base, though I can't understand the 75.000 people that watch their home matches...
All of Dortmunds good players are gone. Metzelder (Madrid), Koller (Monaco), Rosicky (Arsenal) and other like Wörns are far past their prime.

That's too bad ... They used to be all over the sports headlines .. Will they ever get back? I mean, is there a plan or their president ? Is there ambition or is it all over for them ?!

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Oct 1 2007, 09:21 AM
Post #79

Group Icon

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 30 2007, 11:46 PM)
That's too bad ... They used to be all over the sports headlines .. Will they ever get back? I mean, is there a plan or their president ? Is there ambition or is it all over for them ?!

That's the sad thing about Dortmund...they always have big ambitions when the season beginns but after 6,7 weeks it's all over (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Oct 1 2007, 06:32 PM
Post #80

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (LaPalma @ Oct 1 2007, 02:21 AM)
That's the sad thing about Dortmund...they always have big ambitions when the season beginns but after 6,7 weeks it's all over (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Are you talking about Milan? (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Oct 1 2007, 07:08 PM
Post #81

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Oct 1 2007, 06:32 PM)

Dortmund have exactly the opposite problem. Beside thier financial trouble, they buy every season big but their seletion of players is really poor. Spending money on Kilmowitz, Valdez, Federico,...does not make any sense. While their best players leave. Once they had a real good school too, but nowdays,..

So there is nothing like the Milan-situation

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Oct 1 2007, 08:10 PM
Post #82

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 1 2007, 12:08 PM)
they buy every season big but their seletion of players is really poor. Spending money on Gilardino, Oliveira...does not make any sense. While their best players leave.(Sheva, Stam, Rui) Once they had a real good school too(Baresi, Costacurta, maldini), but nowdays,.. (Willy Aubadubaltabagamballadumbagumbamalhalachamba)

(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

This post has been edited by pKillerMax: Oct 1 2007, 08:14 PM

+Quote Post

dst
post Oct 1 2007, 08:59 PM
Post #83

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 1 2007, 09:08 PM)

Yes even when eating sh!t, we're still unique... we pick the tastier! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

... (IMG:http://coolsmileys.net/bonk/wallbash.gif)

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Oct 2 2007, 12:25 AM
Post #84

Smoking Bianco

Now now ... Even though the team has yet to play a game to the standards that we are all used to. Milan is still a winning team ! Sure we have yet to win a game in the league, but look on the bright side any team would swap for our position just to take our recent achievements.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Oct 7 2007, 04:38 PM
Post #85

Prima Squadra

Bayern Munich 1 - 0 Nurnberg - '30
Luca Toni.. AGAIN!

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Oct 7 2007, 08:38 PM
Post #86

Primavera
Group Icon

KSC does amazingly well this season so far,..

+Quote Post

dst
post Oct 7 2007, 10:06 PM
Post #87

Primavera
Group Icon

Toni scored twice today. Munich won 3-0 with one more goal from Ze Roberto this time. It surely does not matter that Silvio rejected the chance to sign Luca Toni!! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post Oct 10 2007, 07:52 AM
Post #88

7th Heaven

Member No.: 821

Iraqi Star Hawar Mulla Arminia Bound This Winter

The 25 year-old star of Iraq’s 2007 Asian Cup victory has been angling for a move from Cyprus outfit Apollon since Bundesliga clubs became expressed their interest earlier this year. 

The midfielder, who will become the first Iraqi to play in the Bundesliga, will leave Apollo a year before his contract is due to finish.   

"I have reached a deal with Apollon and they will allow me to move to another club," said Hawar to the Asian Football Confederation’s official site.

"I will sign with Arminia Bielefeld after Iraq's first leg match of the FIFA World Cup qualifier against Pakistan,” added Hawar.

Iraq play Pakistan on October 22 in Lahore.

goal.com

really happy for him (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) ... the first Kurd to play in big leagues!

Hawar in action

This post has been edited by arivanjj: Oct 10 2007, 07:52 AM

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Oct 10 2007, 09:38 AM
Post #89

Smoking Bianco

He is a quality player .. In his early 20's. He showed real promise in the Olympics and Asian Cup ... Will be interesting to see how he does in Europe. Good luck to him (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Oct 10 2007, 01:23 PM
Post #90

Group Icon

Why the F didn't Qadissiya get him? Do we still have a problem with an Iraqi in the squad?

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Oct 20 2007, 02:44 PM
Post #91

Group Icon

Bochum vs. Bayern 1-0, Dennis Grote. Say good bye to your clean sheet you d@mn bavarians!

This post has been edited by LaPalma: Oct 20 2007, 02:45 PM

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Oct 20 2007, 02:48 PM
Post #92

Prima Squadra

Yay! Bayren are losing! Shame it's so early.

P.S. Aren't Bochum your team, La Palma?

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Oct 20 2007, 03:06 PM
Post #93

Group Icon

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Oct 20 2007, 02:48 PM)
Yay! Bayren are losing! Shame it's so early.

P.S. Aren't Bochum your team, La Palma?

Yap they are. Would be great to see them come back with a victory over Bayern after 4 or 5 games without a win.
Only problem: There are still 60 minutes to play (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Oct 20 2007, 03:08 PM
Post #94

Prima Squadra

Bochum 1-1 Bayern. Ribery. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Oct 20 2007, 03:12 PM
Post #95

Allievi Nazionali

That ugly *******... (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Oct 20 2007, 03:16 PM
Post #96

Token Girl
Group Icon

He's one of the few French players I like. Amazingly talented.

(Anyway, Luca Toni is hot enough for the whole team).

Bochum are looking good though. Creating chances and not conceding a thing to Bayern.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Oct 20 2007, 03:39 PM
Post #97

Token Girl
Group Icon

And wtf happened to Stuttgart this year? They're being spanked by Hamburg (3-0 early in the second half).

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Oct 20 2007, 03:50 PM
Post #98

Group Icon

QUOTE (Tennie @ Oct 20 2007, 03:39 PM)
And wtf happened to Stuttgart this year? They're being spanked by Hamburg (3-0 early in the second half).

The success of the last season was to much for them. Plus they're missing Delpierre, Meira and Hitzlsperger. And their entire team is too fristrated. Of course Hamburg are a good team too and deserve the win.
Hope Bochum will get a point today....

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Oct 20 2007, 04:28 PM
Post #99

Group Icon

(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) ...Schweini...

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Oct 20 2007, 04:51 PM
Post #100

Token Girl
Group Icon

That's a hard loss, La Palma. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) Darn those Bavarians!

I really enjoy the way Bochum play though. They're not flashy but they ARE determined and they keep trying no matter what. They've got good fighting spirit. (I might have to get a Bochum jersey now to put next to the Villa one Kurt brianwashed me into buying).

+Quote Post

26 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 09:42 PM