Giancarlo
post Aug 6 2008, 06:03 PM
Post #31

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 4,011

QUOTE (Tennie @ Aug 6 2008, 06:00 PM) *
There's a thread discussing news sources in various countries HERE

I don't like the calciomercato webpage much; the interface is just icky to me. I generally will go first to tuttomercatoweb and backtrack their stuff to the original source (and that's the tricky part. stuff sourced to gazzetta is generally more reliable, for example, than stuff sourced to corriere or tuttosport). There's really not a lot of difference between the two.

FYI, the Simic article you posted a link to says that Espanyol aren't interested - that he doesn't have the characteristics the Espanyol coach wants.

That's odd that article said something different when I posted it, I just went back to that saw it. Strange. I guess they aren't. I really think we have to off load him nonetheless...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Aug 6 2008, 06:57 PM
Post #32

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

- Thiago Silva from Flu? Hmh, I'd rather have the other Thiago, Thiago Neves. He's really good. But Silva...I'm not sure. I watched some Fluminense games this season and didn't really mention him. But their defense, except of keeper Henrique, was the worst part allways.

- No reports in Croatia about any possible Šimić transfer. No one is mentioning Espanyol.

- There are some reports suggesting a swap between Laziale Stendardo and Milanese Brocchi. I'd gladfully sign that one. Stendardo at least can try do something.

+Quote Post

Giancarlo
post Aug 6 2008, 07:09 PM
Post #33

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 6 2008, 06:57 PM) *
- Thiago Silva from Flu? Hmh, I'd rather have the other Thiago, Thiago Neves. He's really good. But Silva...I'm not sure. I watched some Fluminense games this season and didn't really mention him. But their defense, except of keeper Henrique, was the worst part allways.

- No reports in Croatia about any possible Šimić transfer. No one is mentioning Espanyol.

- There are some reports suggesting a swap between Laziale Stendardo and Milanese Brocchi. I'd gladfully sign that one. Stendardo at least can try do something.

I think Thiago Silva would be a great defender. We have enough attacking midfielders so Thiago Neves would be surplus... Viudez was another attacking midfielder we just got... Thiago Silva is mentioned as a solid defender... Alex Silva plays for Sao Paolo and he's a bit cheaper, so we'll probably get him instead.

Stendardo is a name I heard. Stendardo is a defender which is what we need. I also hear Lazio is interested in Brocchi now that we have put him in part of the deal. I could never stand Brocchi... he's not a very good player for a top level team.

Stendardo in some cases reminds me of Stam... he has a very powerful build and is one strong defender...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stendardo

Stendardo stalling Zlatan:

http://www.mcalcio.com/wordpress/wp-conten...n_stendardo.jpg

This post has been edited by Giancarlo: Aug 6 2008, 07:09 PM

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Aug 6 2008, 07:12 PM
Post #34

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

The Brocchi swap rumor has more or less been quashed by Brocchi's agent according to tuttomercatoweb. (link) He does add that Brocchi would be willing to listen to interesting offers.

Stendardo is a decent enough defender but...well, do we want someone who doesn't seem able to hold down a starting position either at Juve or Lazio? There are better options.

Edited to add link to article.

+Quote Post

Giancarlo
post Aug 6 2008, 07:48 PM
Post #35

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (Tennie @ Aug 6 2008, 06:12 PM) *
The Brocchi swap rumor has more or less been quashed by Brocchi's agent according to tuttomercatoweb. (link) He does add that Brocchi would be willing to listen to interesting offers.

Stendardo is a decent enough defender but...well, do we want someone who doesn't seem able to hold down a starting position either at Juve or Lazio? There are better options.

Edited to add link to article.

Ultimately it is up to Milan, and personally I'm sick and tired of all the half hearted performances he gives Milan. If we can trade him for Stendardo I say do it... it's ultimately up to Milan. Brocchi doesn't have space in Milan though, because of the arrival of Cardaccio and Viudez though. So he may be on his way out.

I think Stendardo if given the chance could do very well. He had a falling out with the Lazio manager I heard... I know there are better options. But we have to add depth to the defense

+Quote Post

GrinReaper
post Aug 7 2008, 01:00 AM
Post #36

Esordienti B 96

Member No.: 3,999

QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Aug 7 2008, 12:18 AM) *
Brocchi doesn't have space in Milan though, because of the arrival of Cardaccio and Viudez though. So he may be on his way out.

That's what we think. But, unfortunately, Carletto digs Brocchi. Hence, I think he gets to stay.

+Quote Post

Giancarlo
post Aug 7 2008, 02:03 AM
Post #37

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (GrinReaper @ Aug 7 2008, 01:00 AM) *
That's what we think. But, unfortunately, Carletto digs Brocchi. Hence, I think he gets to stay.

I don't really agree with that. I mean if he digs him so much why did he go on loan for a year?

+Quote Post

GrinReaper
post Aug 7 2008, 02:17 AM
Post #38

Esordienti B 96

QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Aug 7 2008, 07:33 AM) *
I don't really agree with that. I mean if he digs him so much why did he go on loan for a year?

Well, if Carlo didn't like Brochhi so much why hasn't he been sold all this while? Everyone can see how crap he plays. Okay, I guess I answered my question myself there (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

+Quote Post

Giancarlo
post Aug 7 2008, 02:19 AM
Post #39

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (GrinReaper @ Aug 7 2008, 02:17 AM) *
Well, if Carlo didn't like Brochhi so much why hasn't he been sold all this while? Everyone can see how crap he plays. Okay, I guess I answered my question myself there (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

There are rumors he will be sold soon... but we shall see. But he's not a regular. He usually is a substitute or back-up utility player. And with the pressure giving Cardaccio and Viudez playing time, I think they'll be used instead.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Aug 7 2008, 02:21 AM
Post #40

Token Girl
Group Icon

Can you provide sources and links for the rumors regarding Brocchi, Giancarlo? Also, why do you think there's pressure for Cardacio and Viudez to be played?

+Quote Post

GrinReaper
post Aug 7 2008, 02:22 AM
Post #41

Esordienti B 96

QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Aug 7 2008, 07:49 AM) *
There are rumors he will be sold soon... but we shall see. But he's not a regular. He usually is a substitute or back-up utility player. And with the pressure giving Cardaccio and Viudez playing time, I think they'll be used instead.

Yes, but the thing is that Gourcuff is a better player than Brocchi is but still Brocchi was brought on as a sub more often than Gourcuff was. I'm sure had Gourcuff been made to play on a more regular basis he would have been an asset to the Milan side.

+Quote Post

Giancarlo
post Aug 7 2008, 02:26 AM
Post #42

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (Tennie @ Aug 7 2008, 02:21 AM) *
Can you provide sources and links for the rumors regarding Brocchi, Giancarlo? Also, why do you think there's pressure for Cardacio and Viudez to be played?

Yes, because they are new players and I think they'll be given playing time.

It was a while since I've heard some things about Brocchi... so I concede it's more me wanting him to leave.

I mean we have many new players coming in that will play in midfield... Cardaccio, Flamini, Ronaldinho, Viudez... I think there will be pressure on Ancelotti to switch the line-up if the usual faces do not perform.

As regards to Gourcuff, he played well the first season and suffered an injury I believe that kept him on the side-lines. He's not competing with Brocchi though... he was competing with Kaka and Seedorf at the time. And now, he'd be competing with Kaka and Ronaldinho...

This post has been edited by Giancarlo: Aug 7 2008, 02:27 AM

+Quote Post

acid911
post Aug 7 2008, 02:27 AM
Post #43

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Aug 7 2008, 06:03 AM) *

Because Carlo is not Mr. B. Nor Galliani. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

Giancarlo
post Aug 7 2008, 02:29 AM
Post #44

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (acid911 @ Aug 7 2008, 01:27 AM) *
Because Carlo is not Mr. B. Nor Galliani. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Duh.

I think Berlusconi and Galliani... will sell him to finance a move for another player... as we did with Gilardino and Oliveira (we really got a good deal out of that one from Zaragoza).

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Aug 7 2008, 02:37 AM
Post #45

Token Girl
Group Icon

This is digressing, but I'm not convinced Gourcuff is as good as others seem to think he is. It's the little things that bug me about him: things like taking a free kick and placing the ball /just/ outside the area, things like going down if there's an opposing player within a foot of him, things like his first touch being good and his second..not. I saw the kid play twice in person (v. Messina in Nov 2006 and v. Udinese in May 2007) and he was all right but not spectacular. In the Udinese game, I was actually more impressed by the effort put in by both Di Gennaro (a couple of very nice runs) and Borriello than I was with little Yoann.

As for the possibility of rotation in the midfield: yes, there's almost certainly going to be rotation of some kind. Just what that is, I'm not sure anyone can guess. If they're healthy, Kaka, Pirlo and Ronaldinho will most likely play. The rest is anyone's guess.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th May 2024 - 03:19 AM