han2503
post Nov 8 2014, 05:01 PM
Post #121

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 8 2014, 03:05 PM) *
No, it's not. But the basic premise is the same: shout "play van Ginkel" even if you don't know a thing about him.

No, I don't think that's the case, at least it's not for me.

I'm not shouting VG just because it's a trending thing to say, I'm shouting for VG to play because I want to SEE what he can do. Once I see him play I can know more about him as a player and see what he can offer this side that others so far haven't.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Nov 8 2014, 05:06 PM
Post #122

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 8 2014, 07:01 PM) *
No, I don't think that's the case, at least it's not for me.

I'm not shouting VG just because it's a trending thing to say, I'm shouting for VG to play because I want to SEE what he can do. Once I see him play I can know more about him as a player and see what he can offer this side that others so far haven't.

But the point is, Pippo has actually SEEN him play and train. The fact that he hasn't played him speaks either 1) he does not expect much of him or 2) he hasn't adapted yet to the Sere A conditions or 3) Pippo holds some kind of grudge on him. Now, since MvG isn't in the position of Mexes, I really doubt Inzaghi is "diabolical" to paraphrase Danny and just won't play him because he's mean and has something against him.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 8 2014, 05:14 PM
Post #123

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 8 2014, 05:06 PM) *
But the point is, Pippo has actually SEEN him play and train. The fact that he hasn't played him speaks either 1) he does not expect much of him or 2) he hasn't adapted yet to the Sere A conditions or 3) Pippo holds some kind of grudge on him. Now, since MvG isn't in the position of Mexes, I really doubt Inzaghi is "diabolical" to paraphrase Danny and just won't play him because he's mean and has something against him.

There's a difference between seeing someone train and someone play an actual game, Pippo has not seen VG play an official game any more than us, which happens to be those 30 minutes.

This training excuse really grates on me. If this were the case then guys like Bonera or Muntari must tear the grass out of the ground when they're training because they usually always get into the team when fit. And we all know what happens when they actually do play a proper game

The not adapted to Serie A conditions also doesn't hold much weight, how can he adapt if he's barely been given the opportunity to experience Serie A for more than a few minutes?

And do you really believe that playing Essien instead tonight is a much better solution than just giving VG a chance?

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Nov 8 2014, 05:39 PM
Post #124

Primavera
Group Icon

So what's you answer then? Pippo is in love with Muntari and Essien while he blindly neglects the obvious game-changing talent he has in front of him?

+Quote Post

Danny
post Nov 8 2014, 05:40 PM
Post #125

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 8 2014, 04:06 PM) *
I really doubt Inzaghi is "diabolical" to paraphrase Danny

You've gone from boring me to downright lying about me.

Quit it.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Nov 8 2014, 05:45 PM
Post #126

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Nov 8 2014, 07:40 PM) *
You've gone from boring me to downright lying about me.

Quit it.

What's your problem man? I comment on Milan related things, yet you're constantly trying to provoke me by calling my posts trolling, then accuse me of boring you and now lying. What's your point?

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 8 2014, 05:50 PM
Post #127

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 8 2014, 05:39 PM) *
So what's you answer then? Pippo is in love with Muntari and Essien while he blindly neglects the obvious game-changing talent he has in front of him?

Again, where have I ever said that he's a game changing talent?

I'm on the fence about him. Why? Because I haven't seen enough to make a judgment. On the other hand we all know what both Muntari and Essien bring to the table, thus I have made my judgement on both as I'm sure the rest already have

So once again, do you really believe that Essien starting tonight will be the better solution for our midfield? Will it really be that much of a leap to give VG a try instead of going for the player we already know won't offer much of anything but it's "safer" to go with him because he's a faded big name and we know him better?

In reality, what will playing VG over Essien really cost us? The only thing he can do is improve us as I can't see us doing worse than we do with either him or Muntari when they start

You're making this VG thing sound like it's an apocalyptic decision!

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Nov 8 2014, 05:55 PM
Post #128

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 8 2014, 07:50 PM) *
Again, where have I ever said that he's a game changing talent?

I'm on the fence about him. Why? Because I haven't seen enough to make a judgment. On the other hand we all know what both Muntari and Essien bring to the table, thus I have made my judgement on both as I'm sure the rest already have

So once again, do you really believe that Essien starting tonight will be the better solution for our midfield? Will it really be that much of a leap to give VG a try instead of going for the player we already know won't offer much of anything but it's "safer" to go with him because he's a faded big name and we know him better?

In reality, what will playing VG over Essien really cost us? The only thing he can do is improve us as I can't see us doing worse than we do with either him or Muntari when they start

You're making this VG thing sound like it's an apocalyptic decision!

Haha, yes. You're right, it really isn't a apocalyptic decision. Yet you haven't answered to my question: do you really think Inzaghi is that limited he neglects and leveas the obvious spark he has in his team left untested?

A similar situation happened with Allegri and we (you, X-O, me and a bunch of other guys) concluded Allegri has a problem with creative players. Now that this is happening again...it seems far-fetched to think it's the same issue.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 8 2014, 06:17 PM
Post #129

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 8 2014, 05:55 PM) *
Haha, yes. You're right, it really isn't a apocalyptic decision. Yet you haven't answered to my question: do you really think Inzaghi is that limited he neglects and leveas the obvious spark he has in his team left untested?

A similar situation happened with Allegri and we (you, X-O, me and a bunch of other guys) concluded Allegri has a problem with creative players. Now that this is happening again...it seems far-fetched to think it's the same issue.

Allegri blatantly benched Pirlo to playa midfield trio of Flamini, Ambro and Rino. He also played Boateng and Urby in the trequartista position, his issues with creative players were blatant for all to see

And I wouldn't really class VG as a creative player, but from what I saw in clips and his brief stint with us he's the type of CM that likes to keep the ball moving, calls for it and passes it back. And that's what we need in our midfield aside from the very obviously lacking creative spark.

My only conclusion is that Pippo goes for the more conservative approach in midfield because he thinks it will help our very obvious problems in defence but what it has done is create new issues in offence while our defence is just as suspect as in the first game we played in pre-season

I don't know what Inzaghi is thinking tbh. I personally would have expected a different style from him considering Carlo was his coach for the better part of his career. So far from what I saw between Pippo and Seedorf I personally think we let go of the more talented tactician who has more potential in favour of someone who's more likable and more easily "handled" by Galliani.

These first 10 games haven't really shown me any clear sense of what Pippo is really trying to do, at first I thought we were going to go for a counter attacking approach, but now it feels like an idealess, frenetic approach where we mostly take an opportunistic approach rather than have a clear idea about how to build up plays and create scoring chances.

As for your question, I don't think Pippo has any hidden agenda towards VG, I just think it's more the situation above when he's being more conservative so it's a situation of "better the devil you know" with Muntari/Essien/Poli and is probably hesitant to really give VG a shot while we're already struggling

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 8 2014, 06:39 PM
Post #130

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 8 2014, 05:39 PM) *

The answer is: Pippo is a massive noob. He thinks that by playing a muscle midfield we'll be more covered and balanced. He thinks Honda on the wing adds something to our game, and that guys like Bonera and Muntari deserve a starting spot ahead of Mexes and van Ginkel.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Nov 8 2014, 07:39 PM
Post #131

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 8 2014, 08:39 PM) *
The answer is: Pippo is a massive noob. He thinks that by playing a muscle midfield we'll be more covered and balanced. He thinks Honda on the wing adds something to our game, and that guys like Bonera and Muntari deserve a starting spot ahead of Mexes and van Ginkel.

Well, I'm not prepared to say what you did yet.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 8 2014, 07:58 PM
Post #132

OFFICIAL: Diego Lopez; De Sciglio, Mexes, Rami, Bonera; Essien, De Jong, Bonaventura; Honda, Menez, El Shaarawy.

Seriously can't believe Pippo is playing Essien. What the flying f*ck?!

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Nov 8 2014, 08:10 PM
Post #133

Primavera
Group Icon

Is Armero able to play on the right?

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 8 2014, 08:30 PM
Post #134

No, but MDS can. And this is the wrong thread. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 06:07 PM