X-Offender
post Jul 19 2014, 09:58 PM
Post #481

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Jul 19 2014, 08:20 PM) *
Who said anything about a problem?

*Why so serious?* (IMG:http://i48.tinypic.com/16gdc7r.jpg)

Anyway...

If anything your statement just surprised me as to why you would say that. As if the guy was some world beater or something, when in reality he is quite good, but at the moment far from world class or irreplaceable for a club like Madrid (who at times seems to have unlimited finances, and is quite capable of snatching up strikers of the absolute highest caliber...)

At this point Benzema certainly hasn't lived up to his full potential (from that displayed at Lyon), and isrepeated offender of throwing away simple sitters and putting in some horrendous displays. Sure, at times he might make up for them with an eventual goal later in the same game he was sucking in, but I believe today's 'top' clubs can do a lot better than Benzema.

Whether it be an out and out striker (ala Falcao etc.) or an all rounder (like Ibra).

Karim for me... overall (goal turn over, overall performance, merchandising etc.) is a 7/10, but there are many others better than that in existence.

Um, how many Madrid games did you see last season? Benzema was anything but the player you just described. He was Madrid's best and probably most decisive player after Ronaldo. Yes, even more than Di Maria and Modric. He was consistent and always working for the team. If after such a season he gets benched then it'd be ridiculous. That's why I said I trust Carlo. Not that I care about Madrid, but I would hate to see a player being ignored after finally living up to expectations.

Madrid's mercato so far has been illogical. Why change so much after they nearly won everything last season? Why sign Kroos when you have Modric, Di Maria and Khedira? Why go after James when you have Ronaldo and Bale? They should rather concentrate on strengthening their weakest point, i.e. defense.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jul 19 2014, 11:51 PM
Post #482

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

I am of the opinion Benzema has offered a lot more than is being perceived, he bodies Zidane as a player in his technique and vision. Regardless of this bias I have, he is a contributor on the pitch and gives them a dimension in front of goal not just your average shoot at goal.

In anycase, whatever they decide to do, they have a wise coach who knows how to tweek his teams to the T.

Probably go for a La Liga now, then come help us back on our feet (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Jul 20 2014, 07:54 AM
Post #483

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

I think of Kroos as a direct replacement for Khedira who is probably headed off to Arsenal going by rumours. Even if he wasn't , Kroos allows them to rotate Xabi Alonso who has been looking stale quite a lot. But James Rodriguez mystifies me to be honest.

I know they're in 6 competitions next year, but unless Isco is going out, it doesn't make sense as to where they'll play him.

That being said James is perhaps a better attacker than Isco.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jul 20 2014, 11:04 AM
Post #484

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

Benzema still doesn't score enough for me. Bale, despite playing quite a lot games less, scored just as much, this in his first season there. 17 in the league when you played pretty much the games is good for most teams, just not Madrid IMO. I think Benzema definitely improved last season, but he can be replaced.

This post has been edited by kurtsimonw: Jul 20 2014, 11:05 AM

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Jul 20 2014, 03:41 PM
Post #485

CrAzY EyeS

Member No.: 3,723

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 19 2014, 07:51 PM) *
Probably go for a La Liga now, then come help us back on our feet (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

One can surely hope huh? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

...but seriously I see him going Roma before ever coming back to us. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post

33 Pages V  « < 31 32 33
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 02:25 PM