6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> EL - 3rd Qualifying Round 2nd Leg - Milan - Craiova, Date: 03/08/17 Time: 20:45 CET

han2503
post Aug 3 2017, 09:27 PM
Post #46

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

Niang being left on the pitch is hella strange. The fans are getting on his back big time, they have absolutely no patience for him
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Aug 3 2017, 09:42 PM
Post #47

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,786

Silva looket better tonight.

+Quote Post

Fishdoll
post Aug 3 2017, 09:50 PM
Post #48

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,075

65,763 in attendance.

In general, an encouraging performance. The new guys did well and I liked Loca in midfield (a whole lot more than Montoleader).

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 3 2017, 09:56 PM
Post #49

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Aug 3 2017, 09:42 PM) *
Silva looket better tonight.

Agreed, still rusty, but a far more encouraging showing.

QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Aug 3 2017, 09:50 PM) *
65,763 in attendance.

In general, an encouraging performance. The new guys did well and I liked Loca in midfield (a whole lot more than Montoleader).

Locatelli's problem is that he plays sideways balls too much and lacks a bit of movement. When I think of regista I think of Pirlo, and although he looked like he just sat there at times compared to guys like Kaka who looked like he did a lot of running, Pirlo was always the one who clocked the most mileage during games.

He needs to move a lot more off the ball to make himself available for the pass and create space for others.. His defensive game is currently much better than his offensive/passing one.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Aug 4 2017, 12:33 AM
Post #50

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

It is official, this match was the most watched match in Europa League qualifier history.

Grande Milan (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devil.gif)

Oh how i missed this smiley (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devil.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devil.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devil.gif)

In two/three years time we should be rubbing shoulders with CL winners again, brushing them aside in the finals, and taking the BIG ears back home. Ain't gonna be easy but nothing in life is easy.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 4 2017, 12:44 AM
Post #51

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

Enjoyed this one - very smooth display indeed, can't fault much out there apart from Niang whose lack of positional understand and game reading are a real headache. Had to feel sorry for Conti when he actually apologised to him when it was clearly Niang's fault.

Donna is also back to being the goalie he was last year - both displays v Craiova were the old Donna, absolute brilliance.

Playing like that I'm delighted we kept him, and hopefully he can continue his development. Seems like the contract stuff weighed on his mind for a long time, and now it's resolved he can get on with playing his best.

Good match, good result, but my stream died just before Cutrone's goal so I still haven't seen it!

(no idea why we took Jack off and replaced with Borini - I still have this horrid feeling the latter is going to play a bigger role than us fans thought he would)

This post has been edited by Danny: Aug 4 2017, 12:45 AM

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 4 2017, 12:45 AM
Post #52

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Aug 4 2017, 12:33 AM) *
It is official, this match was the most watched match in Europa League qualifier history.

You mean TV audience or attendance? And do you mean UEL only or including its Uefa Cup days?

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 4 2017, 12:49 AM
Post #53

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 3 2017, 09:56 PM) *
Locatelli's problem is that he plays sideways balls too much and lacks a bit of movement. When I think of regista I think of Pirlo, and although he looked like he just sat there at times compared to guys like Kaka who looked like he did a lot of running, Pirlo was always the one who clocked the most mileage during games.

He needs to move a lot more off the ball to make himself available for the pass and create space for others.. His defensive game is currently much better than his offensive/passing one.

He's cr*p. Can't we just call a spade a spade. He is out of his depth and shouldn't be playing for this club. He's Genoa class.

I mean look at the difference with Cutrone - he's shown more in four matches or so than the more experienced Loca has in his whole career.

I call this classic 'TGE' syndrome - "they're good enough" - all because we've suffered with such rubbish players the past five years that now modest ones get more slack than they should. We're all guilty of it, but I'm far stricter now.

Kessie is Milan class. Musacchio is. Cutrone could well be. Donna is. Loca is not and never will be. If he's not convinced by this point he never will. 'Niangitis'?

+Quote Post

Fishdoll
post Aug 4 2017, 09:56 AM
Post #54

Giovanissimi Nazionali

As for player ratings, Gazetta gave Cutrone, Conti, and Rodriguez each 7. Gigio, Kessie, Jack, and Calhanoglu got 6.5. Everyone else (even Niang) got a 6. Cutrone named man of the match.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Aug 4 2017, 11:33 AM
Post #55

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 4 2017, 03:45 AM) *
You mean TV audience or attendance? And do you mean UEL only or including its Uefa Cup days?

both TV and attendance (think we packed over 65k) and its Uefa cup and EL history!

Well you are talking about a 7 times CL team who has been away from Europe for over FOURTY months.

+Quote Post

Fishdoll
post Aug 4 2017, 12:12 PM
Post #56

Giovanissimi Nazionali

It was the record attendance for an EL qualifying round. 65,763 in attendance.

Also, Milan have drawn Shkendija from Macedonia for the next round. Anyone know anything about them?

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 4 2017, 12:35 PM
Post #57

Allievi Nazionali

Other than they're called Shkendija and are Macedonian, nope.

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Aug 4 2017, 01:27 PM
Post #58

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,786

So, we are playing Shkendija FC in the next phase of EL. The stadium is 89 km away from my city, so if I have time I might actually go and watch the game.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 4 2017, 01:49 PM
Post #59

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Aug 4 2017, 01:27 PM) *
So, we are playing Shkendija FC in the next phase of EL. The stadium is 89 km away from my city, so if I have time I might actually go and watch the game.

Do you know anything about them as a team?

I read that they're a very attacking side and that they play 4-2-3-1, but that's about it

+Quote Post

Fishdoll
post Aug 4 2017, 02:25 PM
Post #60

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Aug 4 2017, 08:27 AM) *

Oh, cool! If you get the chance you should totally go.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 12:58 PM