> AC Milan negotiating to keep David Beckham

Warchant
post Jan 27 2009, 08:26 PM
Post #1

Giovanissimi Nazionali
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 703

MILAN, Italy (AP) - AC Milan plans to meet with David Beckham's agents to see if the former England captain can get out of his contract with the Los Angeles Galaxy and stay with the Serie A club.

"If Beckham reaches an agreement with the Galaxy, we are prepared to pay a fee," Milan vice president Adriano Galliani said Tuesday. "We will meet with his representatives in the next few days."

Beckham is on a two-month loan from the Galaxy and is due to return to Major League Soccer on March 9.

The former Manchester United and Real Madrid player scored his first goal for Milan in Sunday's 4-1 victory over Bologna.

"If he decides to free himself and wants to (stay), we will welcome him with open arms, but he belongs to another club and we've got to thank them because they were very kind with us," Galliani said, according to the Gazzetta dello Sport Web site.

"On March 9, his contract (with Milan) is up and we don't want to slight anyone. (Beckham) wants to stay with us, but he also knows that he has to go back to America."

Beckham has started all three of Milan's matches since he arrived, and the Rossoneri have beaten AS Roma, Fiorentina and Bologna.

England coach Fabio Capello will attend Milan's match against Genoa on Wednesday to assess Beckham's form.

"Barring any unforeseen changes in his schedule, he will be at the San Siro," Capello's son and manager, Pierfilippo, told The Associated Press on Tuesday.

Beckham is hoping to be called up by Capello for a friendly against Spain on Feb. 11 and equal Bobby Moore's record of 108 England appearances for an outfield player.

"Beckham wrote me a message after the Bologna game," Capello's assistant, Franco Baldini, told the Gazzetta. "He was happy about the goal and I told him he's got to continue this way."

Beckham's ultimate goal is to make England's team for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Warchant
post Jan 27 2009, 08:30 PM
Post #2

Giovanissimi Nazionali
Group Icon

Member No.: 703

i'm actually more concerned with what this will do to MLS's image than Milan.

it will either do nothing or the world will think of us as even more of a joke.

personally, i think it can help us move past the beckham era and force teams to buy good players that will actually do something for the team rather than cause a circus.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Jan 27 2009, 08:37 PM
Post #3

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

(Not if any club lets Alexi Lalas be their managing director, Warchant. He's to thank for the circus at LA.)

I still am not particularly happy that this player is at Milan - not changing my stance there - but even I will admit that he's got a strong work ethic and that he REALLY wants to represent his country, both of which are laudable things. I also think he's been far, far better playing for Milan than he ever was in LA.

(If the scary wife and personality cult would just...stay far away, I don't think I'd have that much of a problem with him).

+Quote Post

pacang
post Jan 27 2009, 09:35 PM
Post #4

Esordienti B 96

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,171

all this after a single goal? which Seedorf most probably can score on his own?

wow, that was quick..

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jan 27 2009, 09:55 PM
Post #5

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

Very disappointed. He is here for 3 months and we should respect that, not good enough.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Jan 27 2009, 09:57 PM
Post #6

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (Warchant @ Jan 28 2009, 12:26 AM) *
"On March 9, his contract (with Milan) is up and we don't want to slight anyone".

On March 5, my contract (with Rapidshare.com) is up too! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Will probably have to get a new account or extend it. Boy, I love my Rapidshare Premium account, and surely I can't live without it.

QUOTE (pacang @ Jan 28 2009, 01:35 AM) *
all this after a single goal? which Seedorf most probably can score on his own?
wow, that was quick..

Welcome to AC Milan. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Hope you enjoy your stay.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Jan 27 2009, 10:04 PM
Post #7

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 28 2009, 01:55 AM) *
Very disappointed. He is here for 3 months and we should respect that, not good enough.

Come to think of it, my account with Rapidshare was also for 3 months. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) I'll probably respect that more than Milan in this case.

+Quote Post

Habitant
post Jan 27 2009, 10:13 PM
Post #8

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,763

i have nothing against him, he just doesnt belong here.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Jan 27 2009, 10:55 PM
Post #9

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

Fishdoll is going to demand another jersey if #32 stays. Maybe Marchisio (a young ITALIAN who's being given time and who is doing well, ahem).

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post Jan 28 2009, 02:01 AM
Post #10

Dida per sempre

Member No.: 3,563

QUOTE (Tennie @ Jan 27 2009, 11:37 AM) *
I also think he's been far, far better playing for Milan than he ever was in LA.

*enters old fart mode*

Beckham wasn't even the best player on the Galaxy, who stunk even after his arrival by finishing below .500 (not counting draws) and missing the playoffs.

If he was serious about playing competitive football in the U.S., which he wasn't, he'd have shopped himself to other teams besides L.A. Instead, he and the wife seemed more interested in rubbing elbows with celebrities.

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Jan 28 2009, 11:43 AM
Post #11

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 558

Becks' Milan D-day approaches

There are reports in the English Press that David Beckham has just six days to decide whether he wants to stay with Milan.

The England international is on loan from LA Galaxy and is due to return to the MLS outfit on March 8.

However, Beckham has settled in quickly at Milan and it has been reported that the midfielder is keen to stay on longer at San Siro.

Milan Vice-President Adriano Galliani has admitted his desire to sign Beckham on a permanent basis and the ball is in Beckham's court.

According to reports in The Sun, Beckham has just six days to make his final decision because he cannot extend his loan deal and must compete a permanent move before the transfer window closes.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jan28a.html
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't see galliani sealing this deal in just 6 days.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Jan 28 2009, 11:55 AM
Post #12

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

Not gonna happen this season I don't think. We'll have to see though. If he comes in, we're definitely losing Gourcuff. Even if Emo goes!

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Jan 28 2009, 01:26 PM
Post #13

Allievi Regionali B

According to Sky sports Becks is unsure whether to stay at Galaxy or sign for Milan.

Edit: They're now saying he's tempted but has a big decision to make.

This post has been edited by I_Rossoneri: Jan 28 2009, 01:34 PM

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Jan 28 2009, 01:36 PM
Post #14

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

I know. Soccernet has also got an article saying we can purchase him for 4.5 million next summer, if LA don't play ball now.

Seems his 'wages' was all sponsorship deals, which adidas would be glad to continue paying to have him pose next to Kaka. Milan will do what they did with R80. Complete ownership of image rights.

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Jan 28 2009, 01:53 PM
Post #15

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jan 28 2009, 12:36 PM) *
I know. Soccernet has also got an article saying we can purchase him for 4.5 million next summer, if LA don't play ball now.

Seems his 'wages' was all sponsorship deals, which adidas would be glad to continue paying to have him pose next to Kaka. Milan will do what they did with R80. Complete ownership of image rights.

I think that Becks will force a move but the main problem is that his family are settling in America. The next few days will be very interesting.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:09 PM