> Storari loaned to Levante

Portman
post Aug 12 2007, 06:15 PM
Post #1

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 347

Marco Storari llega esta noche a Valencia

(IMG:http://www.levanteud.com/images/galerias/foto2593p.jpg)

Levante UD y AC Milán han llegado a un acuerdo para la cesión por dos temporadas, con opción de compra, del guardameta Marco Storari.

Storari llega a Valencia esta noche, en el vuelo procedente de Milán que llega a Manises a las 23 horas, para pasar el reconocimiento médico mañana lunes a las 9:30 horas y firmar su contrato con el Levante UD.
Está previsto que Storari sea presentado mañana lunes a las 13:30 horas en la Sala de Prensa del Estadio, después de que formalice el contrato con la entidad de Orriols.

http://www.levanteud.com/index.html

It's on Levante official website.

Storari loaned to the Spanish club Levante for 2 seasons and with the "option to buy" in the end of the deal.

I think we did the right thing.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

dst
post Aug 12 2007, 06:21 PM
Post #2

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

He's better than Kalac so it's not the right thing in my opinion... unless you think we're going to buy someone else which is highly unlikely!

+Quote Post

Portman
post Aug 12 2007, 06:23 PM
Post #3

Berretti

QUOTE (dst @ Aug 12 2007, 06:21 PM)
He's better than Kalac so it's not the right thing in my opinion... unless you think we're going to buy someone else which is highly unlikely!

There was a game last season that Storari really sucked. From that moment on... he's done for me. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Kalac is OK for a sub. Just hope Dida stay fit for the entire season. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

Ry4n
post Aug 12 2007, 06:30 PM
Post #4

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 932

Kalac is alot better then Storari for back up any way

+Quote Post

armiss
post Aug 12 2007, 06:48 PM
Post #5

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 3,312

the main problem would be injuries

+Quote Post

dst
post Aug 12 2007, 06:49 PM
Post #6

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (Porty @ Aug 12 2007, 08:23 PM)
There was a game last season that Storari really sucked. From that moment on... he's done for me. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Kalac is OK for a sub. Just hope Dida stay fit for the entire season.  (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

There was a game last season when Dida sucked...

I hope we sign some decent defender instead!

+Quote Post

Portman
post Aug 12 2007, 07:29 PM
Post #7

Berretti

QUOTE (dst @ Aug 12 2007, 06:49 PM)
There was a game last season when Dida sucked...

I hope we sign some decent defender instead!

Yeah yeah yeah, but you know what meant. Dida is a top keeper. Storari no.

+Quote Post

mishie
post Aug 12 2007, 07:40 PM
Post #8

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,072

Storari i thought was a better keeper than Kalac, but the performances last season shew me to be wrong....but like porty i hope dida is fit ALL season because even tho Kalac is better cover i would still like to see some real competition for Nelson

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post Aug 12 2007, 09:54 PM
Post #9

Dida per sempre

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,563

Wow, so Storari is our third player to be shipped out to yet another Spanish team. Lovely. La Liga is turning into a used car lot. I kinda feel bad for the guy; I'm starting to wonder if he thinks he made a mistake by leaving Messina.

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Aug 12 2007, 10:08 PM
Post #10

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,388

QUOTE (BMWTaylor @ Aug 12 2007, 02:54 PM)
Wow, so Storari is our third player to be shipped out to yet another Spanish team. Lovely. La Liga is turning into a used car lot. I kinda feel bad for the guy; I'm starting to wonder if he thinks he made a mistake by leaving Messina.

Milan bought him. Milan gave him chances. He sucked.

He wasn't that good for Messina either.

+Quote Post

dst
post Aug 13 2007, 12:28 AM
Post #11

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (Porty @ Aug 12 2007, 09:29 PM)
Yeah yeah yeah, but you know what meant. Dida is a top keeper. Storari no.

Of course not... but I'd rather he stayed! I guess it was his own choice... Milan never let go of any of their players unless they ask for it!

+Quote Post

javierk128
post Aug 19 2007, 08:14 AM
Post #12

Pulcini 97

Member No.: 522

i don´t know, just remember the number of oportunities milan gave to dida since he came to milan, he went to brazil to play cause he wasn´t milan quality, and he became a real milan player when he was in his 30´s, storari is 26 years old (i´m not sure) but he has the time to improve and to show us he has the milan class, i think it too, i would wait and see. if not, we can sell it to another club, but as i said, i would wait (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Aug 19 2007, 08:39 AM
Post #13

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,388

QUOTE (javierk128 @ Aug 19 2007, 01:14 AM)
i don´t know, just remember the number of oportunities milan gave to dida since he came to milan, he went to brazil to play cause he wasn´t milan quality, and he became a real milan player when he was in his 30´s, storari is 26 years old (i´m not sure) but he has the time to improve and to show us he has the milan class, i think it too, i would wait and see. if not, we can sell it to another club, but as i said, i would wait (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

I think he is 30.

+Quote Post

dst
post Aug 19 2007, 08:08 PM
Post #14

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Aug 19 2007, 10:39 AM)
I think he is 30.

You are right. Dida had shown flashes of brilliance... Storari never exceeded the normal!

This post has been edited by dst: Aug 19 2007, 08:09 PM

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post Aug 19 2007, 10:42 PM
Post #15

Dida per sempre

Member No.: 3,563

QUOTE (dst @ Aug 19 2007, 12:08 PM)
You are right. Dida had shown flashes of brilliance... Storari never exceeded the normal!

It's no guarantee that once a keeper hits 30, their skills will show improvement; they need precious playing time as well. Storari was a good goalie for a lower-level team in Messina but never was able to assert himself with Milan, so he wasn't really going to have a breakout season to begin with.

Dida was already playing well (maybe not world class, but darn close) with Corinthians and he was still in his twenties. I do think, though, that he really hit his stride when he permanently returned to Milan, and the rest, as they say, is history. Buffon and Cech were already established stars in their early 20s, while other youngsters like Akinfeyev and Amelia still have a ways to go before they can really be considered among the elite.

I think it's just about being able to use what the Good Lord gave you instead of an age factor.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:29 PM