+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 21 2017, 10:05 PM
Post #32

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

Montella should be pro-active for once with his subs and bring in Lapa early in this 2nd half
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Nova
post Jan 21 2017, 10:05 PM
Post #33

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 34

If we had Zlatan now ...

+Quote Post

Nova
post Jan 21 2017, 10:07 PM
Post #34

Giovanissimi Nazionali

If we get goal against I'm going nuts.
Btw , this is a nice game to watch (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 21 2017, 10:29 PM
Post #35

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Taking off Sosa for Berto, has really stunted us

+Quote Post

Nova
post Jan 21 2017, 10:35 PM
Post #36

Giovanissimi Nazionali

First ball touch Niang, loses the ball...

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 21 2017, 10:44 PM
Post #37

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Such a wasted opportunity!

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 21 2017, 10:49 PM
Post #38

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Montella's changes though...

Once again, terrible timing, terrible choices

Lapadula should have been introduced from the start of the second half, and honestly, I think the only reason Bacca is still starting atm is because they don't want his price to plummet in the summer

Sosa was one of our best players and he kept the game flowing throughout for us, taking him off to bring on the one footed Berto in the centre of the pitch was a death blow to our game's pace.

And Niang... Wtf is the obsession with this guy? He's proven time and time again that he's a clumsy f@cker who can't even get the simple things right, let alone be able to influence a game at the death (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

It's so frustrating having to sit through that game, knowing we could at the very least have drawn it with the way we played and the chances we created but a few details ruined it for us

Also, this business of starting slow and then having to claw games back is getting ridiculous now. Just be in it from the start, not 20 minutes afters the first whistle! Is that so hard to do?

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jan 21 2017, 11:15 PM
Post #39

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

Yup, this is another one that's on Montella.

After we regained our composure following going 2 down, and then again when we should have lost a third, we not only came into the game, but became the better team. We were attacking, we had real threat, and we looked like we were quite capable of scoring again following Kucka's.

But then, inexplicably, Montella ONCE AGAIN decided to hijack his own good work by absolutely ruining the pattern of the game with some idiotic subs.

1: Sosa had his best match in a Milan shirt. He was distributing the ball well, and his cross-field spreading was excellent. It was opening Napoli up down our left over and over again. So what does Vincy boy do? Removes him and puts on a guy whose only real attribute is jogging with the ball. It utterly wrecked our game.

2: Bacca was not having the match of his life but he WAS getting in good positions and with the right chance would have put it away. So Vincy boy takes him off and puts on Lapagols who did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

3: Niang on for Pasalic also added absolutely zero - it ruined yet more of the midfield which was functioning well till Vincy boy subbed one then two thirds of it.

I have to say, for all the good Vincy boy is doing, and he has done a great deal of good, he has done equal bad. He creates the masterpiece then urinates all over it. I'm starting to get absolutely frustrated with him.

I get we don't have great options on the bench, and that's an issue IF WE ARE STRUGGLING on the pitch. But this one we weren't - we were playing really well, mostly, and Vincy boy decides to change it?!

So frustrating, and Napoli know they will always beat us however they play and however we play. One word for Suso, aside a few nice crosses (about 3 in total) he is regressing badly. He doesn't beat players like he used to, and you can't rely on him for a big display when it counts like you could. It's as if he's been found out now and my lofty opinion of him is going down every passing match.

I was, however, very impressed with Sosa tonight. He showed a side to his game I didn't know he had, and the guy has vision and accuracy in abundance.

+Quote Post

maldini03
post Jan 22 2017, 01:18 AM
Post #40

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 2,029

Yeah, Sosa integrated into the game well, he did start poorly, though. Locatelli is the better option for that position because he does more defensively but Sosa should be taking Pasalic's spot.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jan 22 2017, 02:54 AM
Post #41

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (maldini03 @ Jan 22 2017, 01:18 AM) *
Yeah, Sosa integrated into the game well, he did start poorly, though. Locatelli is the better option for that position because he does more defensively but Sosa should be taking Pasalic's spot.

Thought all three of our midfielders actually had a good match. In fact our only weak performers of the starters were Suso, maybe Gigio (his form loss continues), and Calabria. Everyone else was good to great.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jan 22 2017, 11:21 AM
Post #42

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

Didn't manage to watch the game live, watched a rerun earlier this morning though and I was very impressed with the game, as a "football match".

With regards to Milan, the team put in a fine performance (as did Napoli) yet we lost - A lose which is part and parcel to the game. I for one did not expect Milan to be in this position from the start, yet here they are. And they deserve praise as they were not built to win the league and the past couple of seasons are indicative of where the team was headed.

Credit where it is due! If the team played well and lost the team deserves a pat on the back for the fight. Which is not always the case where we highlight our players short comings. Okay, how about the other team has better players? a solid group of players that have played well together for years now? Yeah, Napoli do have a great team and deserved the win.

As for us, its okay, we brush ourselves off and try again next Sunday.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jan 22 2017, 01:05 PM
Post #43

Allievi Nazionali

They do have better players - they replaced Higuain with Mertens. We have nothing like this depth. They are the second best in Italy for sure.

+Quote Post

maldini03
post Jan 22 2017, 08:19 PM
Post #44

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 2,029

I thought Gomez and Sosa were poor starting the match, but they got better as the game went on. I agree that everyone had good games though. Calabria is much better at Rb than Lb. I thought Gigio played really well made some amazing saves at the end of the game, the first goal wasn't his fault but the second I thought he could have done better on. That said, all of the goals required excellent finishing.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Jan 23 2017, 11:09 AM
Post #45

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

QUOTE (maldini03 @ Jan 23 2017, 02:49 AM) *
I thought Gomez and Sosa were poor starting the match, but they got better as the game went on. I agree that everyone had good games though. Calabria is much better at Rb than Lb. I thought Gigio played really well made some amazing saves at the end of the game, the first goal wasn't his fault but the second I thought he could have done better on. That said, all of the goals required excellent finishing.

We're getting better at defending. I don't think it's an embarassment to lose to the best team in Italy (on current form), by a single goal, and that too because the wood work saved them. Not to forget we were without two critical components in Romagnoli and Locatelli. Locatelli is far more defensively aware than Sosa and I have a feeling those two easy counter attacks would have been avoided with a different player.

I believe at this point, that Sosa and Bertolacci are interchangeable with Locatelli and Kucka having the other two spots.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 07:02 AM