Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ancelotti: We can win Scudetto

KillerMax
post Sep 22 2006, 09:19 PM
Post #1

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,388

Milan have already wiped out their eight-point penalty in three games and Carlo Ancelotti warns the Scudetto is possible.

“Here is where a long catch-up race begins, but we hope to go all the way,” said the tactician. “It is possible for us to win the Serie A title.”

The Rossoneri were docked eight points from the 2006-07 campaign as a result of the Calciopoli scandal, but with three straight wins they are already out of the minus zone, albeit nine points adrift of leaders Palermo.

“The Scudetto is not a short-term objective. This target will require time and patience. We’ll have to get over certain difficulties, but it’s clear that we are aiming for the top of the table. Here’s hoping we manage it before May. This season is an uphill struggle, but it’s not impossible.”

Their next test is at Livorno’s Stadio Picchi, where they were defeated in 2005, but won last term with a comfortable 3-0 scoreline.

“It’s a difficult arena to come away from with points, but we must try to win every match in our situation. Livorno change their system often, so I’m not sure how they’ll set out against us,” continued the former Juventus boss.

“Pippo Inzaghi rested against Parma last week, so he could play this weekend. Alessandro Nesta needs to find his match rhythm and has recovered from a muscular problem. Up until the break for international duty in October we’ll continue rotating the squad, then things will change.”

Football Italia
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Sep 22 2006, 09:23 PM
Post #2

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Sep 22 2006, 02:19 PM)
Up until the break for international duty in October we’ll continue rotating the squad, then things will change.”

Whhhhhaaaaaaaaaa?!?!?

+Quote Post

hashkal
post Sep 22 2006, 10:18 PM
Post #3

Pulcini 97

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 322

I think what he means is- hes gna have a starting IX by the time the players return from the october break- there must be a long break after that....

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Sep 22 2006, 10:21 PM
Post #4

Allievi Nazionali

But we like the turn-over system... (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post Sep 22 2006, 10:24 PM
Post #5

7th Heaven

Member No.: 821

that's good, there should be a starting 11.

+Quote Post

dst
post Sep 22 2006, 11:57 PM
Post #6

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Sep 22 2006, 11:23 PM)
Whhhhhaaaaaaaaaa?!?!?

you want this or you don't!!?? I think we should have a starting line up by that time ... ofcourse I think he's going to rest certain players from time to time but not so often and so many at a time as now!!!

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Sep 23 2006, 12:15 AM
Post #7

Allievi Nazionali

Do you guys think Gourcuff will be Kaka's immidiate sub? Or will Seedorf switch with him?

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Sep 23 2006, 12:16 AM
Post #8

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Sep 23 2006, 12:21 AM)

Yea .. I know what you mean, but still having a solid starting XI is better in terms of form and responasbility.

... and I think Carlo is rotating the squad to keep them motivated while we still are 8 points off the top .. So by let's say Oct (as he said), we place ourself somewhere in the first three spots at the top; then bring out the best XI we have and just go for our objectives. Which is what he's been doing in the past season's .. ( commen knowledge, I know .. )

Although, the rotating system is interesting and I like it very much, it has it's flaws as to the form of certain key players (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 23 2006, 09:03 AM
Post #9

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Sep 22 2006, 09:21 PM)

Yes, but by October the season will start to get serious, especially in the CL, so for now everyone stays as fresh as possible, but by then our best 11 are not worn out and would be ready for the big matches.

QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Sep 22 2006, 11:15 PM)
Do you guys think Gourcuff will be Kaka's immidiate sub? Or will Seedorf switch with him?

I don't know, I think that he can take any role in our midfield, so it's hard to tell, he could come in for anyone of them is someone get's injured or Pirlo needs a rest he could step in for him.

But I think he will start in quite a few games this season, so9 don'#t worry we'll see plenty of him (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 12:53 AM