4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Beckham Transfer

David Beckham will be a Milan player for 3 months.
What do you think of the transfer?
Brilliant! We need him in our team! [ 8 ] ** [20.51%]
Great marketing! We'll sell jerseys! [ 10 ] ** [25.64%]
Good for both parties! [ 11 ] ** [28.21%]
Milan has sold its soul for money! [ 5 ] ** [12.82%]
I want a cookie! [ 2 ] ** [5.13%]
Other (be creative) [ 3 ] ** [7.69%]
Total Votes: 39
Guests cannot vote 

Tennie
post Nov 1 2008, 02:19 AM
Post #1

Token Girl
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,800

So, David Beckham will be coming to Milan for 3 months.

What do you think of it?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

acid911
post Nov 1 2008, 08:05 AM
Post #2

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

Very appropriate idea for a poll, Tennie. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) Since I haven't got my thinking cap on, I can't think of anything creative right now. But I personally can't help and notice that the deal is good for both parties. No one will lose anything from it, and if done right both Milan and Beckham 'may' walk away benefiting from each other. It isn't costing us anything to begin with.

That said, even if Becks helps in getting a couple of extra points in our quest for Scudetto, I'm sure all will be forgotten. He still probably is the best football who's maximized his limited talents. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Meaning a well all-round prospect, plus he's a humble guy so should fit right in.

Never been a fan of the guy, but I'd rather have him wearing the red and black, than not. Even if only for 6 months.

+Quote Post

Devillito
post Nov 1 2008, 08:21 AM
Post #3

Esordienti B 96

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 1,612

Marketing wise, its a darn good deal.
We'll see jersey that's for sure!!
This kind of player will catapult us to instant stardom but tactical wise, I reckon it's a poor move.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

+Quote Post

dst
post Nov 1 2008, 01:16 PM
Post #4

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

I can't say we've sold our souls, it's not like we signed the Devil (which considering who we are would be ideal I guess but anyway) but I don't like this move.

I hope Beckham will offer something on the field.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Nov 1 2008, 01:30 PM
Post #5

Berretti

QUOTE (dst @ Nov 1 2008, 05:16 PM) *
I can't say we've sold our souls, it's not like we signed the Devil (which considering who we are would be ideal I guess but anyway) but I don't like this move.

Don't dream. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) The real devil's already got enough on his plate to attend to in the world.

QUOTE (dst @ Nov 1 2008, 05:16 PM) *

A little more faith please, I'm sure he will be a good addition in our bid for the Scudetto. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) Besides, he'll be here only for a little while (months at most), and that too free, how bad can it be?

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Nov 1 2008, 01:56 PM
Post #6

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (Devillito @ Nov 1 2008, 10:21 AM) *
Marketing wise, its a darn good deal.
We'll see jersey that's for sure!!
This kind of player will catapult us to instant stardom but tactical wise, I reckon it's a poor move.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

there are two ways to look at this .. off the field and on the field ..

off the field he is an asset, which will give a huge boost in sales and whatnot

on the field he is an experienced midfielder and so far most of his ex-teammates have praised the move and are convinced he would be yet another ammo in the Milan arsenal.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Nov 1 2008, 02:17 PM
Post #7

Berretti

Did anyone tell you this R7, that you're my new hero? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/king.gif) One of these days I'm really gonna sign you up as my optimism coach! For all I know it could be exactly the opposite, we don't sell too many shirts, but Beckham plays a vital and memorable role in taking us to 1st position.

Anything can happen in football. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) We'll never know what kind of an impact he makes until the end of the season. Good, bad, or ugly, let's wait and see. It's not like we signed Fabio Barthez or some other average player, it's Becks for Pete's sake. Fingers crossed, it will come out good.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Nov 1 2008, 02:25 PM
Post #8

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

Normally I'm an optimistic sort, but I think that while the club will doubtless make money out of the deal, it has also sold its soul in the process. When I read the news of the transfer, I got physically ill. I really think it's a bad idea.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Nov 1 2008, 02:30 PM
Post #9

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

No, no ... I'm really pessimistic when you come and talk to me about the credit crunch in the world right now, I'd be pessimistic about buying shares in Citigroup or Merrill lynch ... Also, I'd be pessimistic if I was a United fan and considering their debt ratio is about 25:1 ... There are reasons to be pessimistic about

But Milan is not something I could be pessimistic about, why ? Because it has been run by the same management for over 20 years now with the same goal and ambition, the financial position of the club is one to be admired considering the number of stars within its ranks, the merits of both the players and the coach are of the highest standard and for the many MANY joys that this club gave me while growing up I have nothing to be pessimistic about. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

acid911
post Nov 1 2008, 03:01 PM
Post #10

Berretti

QUOTE (Tennie @ Nov 1 2008, 06:25 PM) *
Normally I'm an optimistic sort, but I think that while the club will doubtless make money out of the deal, it has also sold its soul in the process. When I read the news of the transfer, I got physically ill. I really think it's a bad idea.

You have valid points, Tennie. Beckham of today isn't the type of player we in any way need. Plus all the press hoopla of these sorts of media magnets isn't normally the Milan way. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) Luckily it's just a free and quick loan, hopefully it turns out beneficial for both parties, now that it's official.

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 1 2008, 06:30 PM) *
No, no ... I'm really pessimistic when you come and talk to me about the credit crunch in the world right now, I'd be pessimistic about buying shares in Citigroup or Merrill lynch ... Also, I'd be pessimistic if I was a United fan and considering their debt ratio is about 25:1 ... There are reasons to be pessimistic about

But Milan is not something I could be pessimistic about, why ? Because it has been run by the same management for over 20 years now with the same goal and ambition, the financial position of the club is one to be admired considering the number of stars within its ranks, the merits of both the players and the coach are of the highest standard and for the many MANY joys that this club gave me while growing up I have nothing to be pessimistic about.

Well, in that case I may not sign you up to coach me optimism. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Joking aside, you're right on all counts, Milan is truly a unique club in the way it's run, managed, right down to the coaches, stars and players. None other like it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devil.gif) On a very bad day in the office, I may get slightly ticked off with some of the players, but it all clears up in the next match. And oh like you said, too much of a good thing is bad; one has to experience and be pessimistic in some matters to appreciate optimism. It's called the spice of life. And before you ask, yes that's another one of my motto!

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Nov 1 2008, 06:51 PM
Post #11

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,388

I feel absolutely and positively indifferent about this "move". I can't be bothered by it.

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Nov 1 2008, 07:30 PM
Post #12

CrAzY EyeS

Member No.: 3,723

For me - Its all about the MONEY! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
I'm not really a fan of the guy, but I don't really have anything against him either.
My initial thoughts when I first heard of his possible move to Milan was - "ohh No!" - one step backwards for Milan, signing washed up has beens from the MLS, but in reality I thought about it and he hasn't gotten that bad, has he?!
I mean, if he had better service upfront to deliver too he may have made a better impact (obviously not the one those 'Foolish Americans' (no offence Warchant) were hoping for but, enough to be considered somewhat effective and a success)
After all Becks' move from Madrid to LA was a bit premature, regarding his footballing career. But we all know his decision was based on the lifestyle and the salary.

Anyway,

...I've said it before and I'll say it again, if he helps out on the filed...'Great', if not, we still made some MONEY!
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

This post has been edited by TriniKing_CE: Nov 1 2008, 07:32 PM

+Quote Post

acid911
post Nov 1 2008, 08:10 PM
Post #13

Berretti

QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Nov 1 2008, 11:30 PM) *
I'm not really a fan of the guy, but I don't really have anything against him either.

You come across as my long-lost brother! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I too am pretty okay with most players in world football, because what they do and how they choose to live is entirely their personal matter. Only hate (or a better term) dislike a select few. And Beckham is not one of them.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Nov 2 2008, 01:34 PM
Post #14

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (dst @ Nov 1 2008, 02:16 PM) *

+1

I still think it has a lot to do with Capello too... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post

Rivaldo
post Nov 4 2008, 01:03 PM
Post #15

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 1,063

Great marketing! We'll sell jerseys and buy new defender))

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 01:18 PM