> Dida’s Wages Preventing Milan Sale

Rossoneri7
post Aug 1 2008, 02:33 PM
Post #31

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 1 2008, 02:20 PM) *
And other Italian teams not spending a lot of money? Inter were willing to break the bank for a player like Lampard the only reason that money wasn't spent was because he didn't want to go there, and they spent something like £14m for Muntari and also another big sum for Mancini. And I'm not even talking about just Inter, Fiorentina had a great mercato and spent already close to €35m.

Erm Morratti is the exception here, not because they are able to spend (Juve and Milan can spend BIG too), but because they are so loathsome, considering the situation.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

acid911
post Aug 1 2008, 04:54 PM
Post #32

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (Habitant @ Aug 1 2008, 08:58 AM) *
still amelia was available. was there any more obvious solution than this one? i guess not
he went to palermo... palermo ffs and we dint go for him...
the no.2 to buffon
relatively cheap too

There were a lot of options provided we showed them the $$$. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) We should have done this two seasons back, to be honest. Even now we don't have any signs that another world class keeper will come.

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 1 2008, 09:22 AM) *
A mid-day nap!? I'm not even up at that time to take one.

It's a mad, mad, mad, mad, mad world! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Aug 1 2008, 11:28 PM
Post #33

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 558

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 31 2008, 10:27 PM) *
Yep, and Galliani has enough balls to come out and complain about money when we are paying these ridiculous ammounts to players who do nothing. Brocchi also gets paid a good ammount, his wage is equivelant to Ronaldinho's

Fact is, Galliani shouldn't have extended his contract, especially when Dida was already in rapid decline

It's not the 45 minutes in the TIM Cup, it's 3 years of him costing us games. Look, I like Dida as much as the next guy, I even at one point compared him to Buffon and needed to take some time to decide who was the better of the two. But fact is Dida is not good enough anymore, he was given more then enough chances to re-deem himself but he hasn't taken them. And it wouldn't be such a problem having him at Milan on the bench as a back up in fact it would be good to have a keeper like Dida as second choice but his wages are too huge for Milan to continue to allow him to stay with us while he stays on the bench. If he had a resonable wage then it would be ok, but it is not logical for Milan to keep him with this type of wage, especially when it has come to the extent were he has become a liabilaty to the team.

Han, are you my twin in disguise? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I cannot believe how I can agree with someone so much (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Aug 1 2008, 11:29 PM
Post #34

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (dst @ Jul 31 2008, 10:31 PM) *
Turn down Buffon and spend E4.5m on Buffon. Now that's a wise decision!

Hahaha (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Aug 1 2008, 11:30 PM
Post #35

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 31 2008, 11:04 PM) *
It might not be really accurate but I'm willing to bet it's somewhere along those lines ie astronomical for a keeper who's not even worth it anymore.

Don't you remember that big drama about whether or not Dida would sign on for a new contract and how after he did sign on Galliani kept patting himself on the back about it? (IMG:http://www.pic4ever.com/images/4fvgdaq_th.gif)

han, you've excelled yourself this time

LOOOOOOOL (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Aug 1 2008, 11:34 PM
Post #36

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Jul 31 2008, 11:24 PM) *
Handing Dida that massive contract was a mistake, i am certain Dida would have left us (when his contract was running out) if a club of similar stature offered him a contract. Instead we stupidly gave him an equally stupid contract to concede goals, look like a fool and humiliate us infront of Italy and Europe. He does all this and earns a fortune, for what? warm the bench? get injured on the bench (which is so ludicrous that only Dida could accomplish this)

To me we lost Dida when he got hit by that flare, the two seasons prior to that i considedered him one of the top three goalkeepers in the world. Only Buffon was superior to him. There must be a way to force that fool out of the club. I find it unacceptable that Gila left but Dida stayed

I take no pride in attacking an AC Milan player like this but he should have been sold at the end of the 2005/2006 season or the begining of the 2006/2007 season.

I am not sure how many euros it is, but he earns more than 3 million pounds a year (damn the lack of pound sign on an American keyboard!)

Words of a wise man (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Aug 1 2008, 11:42 PM
Post #37

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Aug 1 2008, 01:13 AM) *
I don't know about you han .. But being a Milanfan I noticed the trophies that Milan hauled in and though they are not much for the three years, but in my book the CL, SC, and CWC have blustered the already budging trophy room. And considering the team Milan has right now, I'd say there is no real crisis. On the contrary, not considering last season was a failure (which ended with two internationally recognized trophies), Milan have done well in recent years without looking too much into detail.

Taking a shot at Galliani and calling him cheap has been rerun a lot here, but the fact remains that Italy is in a very bad financial situation (of which you have a clear idea on), and no Italian club has really splashed cash on a player, on the contrary they were all conservative in their spendings.

Maybe, you are right han ... Maybe Galliani just was too cheap and kept Dida .. Or maybe, for reasons we are unaware of, he might have renewed it to boost the player's motivation going into the CL semi final.

And about the current keeper situation, it is no secret by now that Ancelotti wants a NEW #1. The Celtic Gkeeper, Boruc, was the one who Milan showed a public interest in. And considering Dida's age, this might be his last season at Milan.

But I doubt any of what I am talking about is really a problem here ... It's just that nothing is good enough for the fans anymore. I mean, Ronaldinho being bought at a laughable price, something which Barca doesn't want to disclose .. yet there still remains room for ppl to point fingers at Galliani and co.

Sigh .. Please, don't even bother, because unless we got Buffon as our first team Gkeeper, it wont be perfect.

Just comes to show you how life is, doesn't it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Thing is IIRC Dida had f***ed up against the merda before he got his contract extension, hell even the press took the pi55 with headlines like "Didaster" And "would you pay £4m a season for this?" with his mistake in the derby. As it stands Galliani wanted to give dida a contract so he wouldn't have to look for another, giving dida the contract he has was totally unacceptable especially for one who is constantly complaining about money.

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Aug 1 2008, 11:49 PM
Post #38

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (acid911 @ Aug 1 2008, 04:24 AM) *
Buffon. Is. Not. Perfect. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

There is no perfect keeper in the world, and it is the same for every club: keepers will always be volatile. Of course, some are better than the rest, and others are in a completely different league. Besides, Buffon wasn't anything special in the recent Euros (particularly the first match against the Dutch). One of the very best keepers in the world? Yes. At times the best? Maybe. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) But that still doesn't mean he wont let in any goal. Consider our match against Bayern last CL, those two goals towards the end. If our team is not good enough to keep possession of the ball near the end of a match, then the opposing team will always have a chance to level up.

But I guess if a guy like Kaladze can earn well over 4 million a year, making disaster after disaster that's alright. Or Brocchi. Or hey Digao for 1 million every season? Emerson, anyone? Oh, oh, we're getting near. Or Carlo taking a good 6 million a year for finishing, what, 5th! Technically, that's all money being wasted on players that don't have a place in Milan. Not only that, but they compromise young players from making it to the first team.

A million or two doesn't matter folks for Milan - The Company. We're the richest club in Italian football. Sixth in the world, and fifth highest earning with overall revenues of 238.7 million euros. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) And this was last season ( or two). Hello? Hello! Not to mention of 54 million operating income. But never mind that, we're a private entity. No one gives a crap about record books or auditing. The underhand deals, don't get me stared. And the club officials come out and have the guts to talk about wages. Yeah, right!

As for Dida, I've always been of the opinion that we're not bound to offer him $$$ if people don't like it. Give him his chances, see how he performs. If it's below expectations, then sell him, buy him, cut his wages, loan him, do whatever you want. Last time I checked he's not the owner. And probably the only person who earned the talk is Paolo. And oh, he want's a couple of cents more, and we make an issue of it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) Not forgetting that he makes in and around 1-2 million, while Nesta in the range of 6 millions per year. They roughly both play the same, what with their injuries, and all. That's 33%. So I guess what I'm saying sis that wages should be no excuse for us, seeing ourselves as the top 6 clubs in terms of cash. Same goes for Dida. And any other player.

If he is so much of a trouble, take a deep breath and offload him (taking any losses along the way). Or work out a smaller wage structure. If not, then for Pete's sake, keep quiet. It's only 1 or 2 million extra for what a regular 3rd keeper would get - assuming someone like Kalac earns over 2-3 millions for warming the bench. When he used to. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) Unless, of course you don't want a third keeper and two will suffice. In which case we can save some bucks. Like a small Serie B club. And in time of a problem we can make Emerson the emergency keeper.

Geez, I need some sleep. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Zzzz!

Thing is Dida is on £4m a season(£80,000 a week) and no team can continue to pay that much for a player who doesn't earn the club any money. players who score goals are going to be the ones who sell shirts etc, but 'keepers aren't hence why forwards earn more than 'keepers. You say that no 'keeper is perfect but IMO Buffon is 99% perfect. Buffon would probably get us another 10 points per season with his saves which could mean the difference between first and second place. fact of the matter is that Gigi is the best 'kepper around IMO.

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Aug 1 2008, 11:56 PM
Post #39

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (Portikins @ Aug 1 2008, 01:48 PM) *

Is the flame old enough for Milan? and, more importantly, can we get it cheap? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Good old Galliani (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Aug 1 2008, 11:57 PM
Post #40

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Aug 1 2008, 11:42 PM) *
Thing is IIRC Dida had f***ed up against the merda before he got his contract extension

Just did a check for the dates. It seems Dida signed the contract 2 days before the Inter match, but even so, it's still shows that he wasn't deserving of the deal if he's gonna F it up in big games!

This post has been edited by kurtsimonw: Aug 2 2008, 12:00 AM

+Quote Post

acid911
post Aug 2 2008, 12:10 AM
Post #41

Berretti

QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Aug 2 2008, 03:49 AM) *
Thing is Dida is on £4m a season(£80,000 a week) and no team can continue to pay that much for a player who doesn't earn the club any money. players who score goals are going to be the ones who sell shirts etc, but 'keepers aren't hence why forwards earn more than 'keepers. You say that no 'keeper is perfect but IMO Buffon is 99% perfect. Buffon would probably get us another 10 points per season with his saves which could mean the difference between first and second place. fact of the matter is that Gigi is the best 'kepper around IMO.

*cough* Eric Casilas *cough*. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post Aug 2 2008, 12:25 AM
Post #42

Dida per sempre

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,563

Wow, six posts in a row. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) You've outdone yourself, I_Rossoneri.

QUOTE (acid911)
*cough* Eric Casilas *cough*

I think you mean Iker Casillas? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

acid911
post Aug 2 2008, 12:35 AM
Post #43

Berretti

QUOTE (MizNelson @ Aug 2 2008, 04:25 AM) *
Wow, six posts in a row. You've outdone yourself, I_Rossoneri.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

QUOTE (MizNelson @ Aug 2 2008, 04:25 AM) *
I think you mean Iker Casillas?

Yeah, a big slip up. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blush.gif)

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Aug 2 2008, 12:40 AM
Post #44

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

Eric Casillas? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Is he friends with Iker Cantona by any chance? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post Aug 2 2008, 03:37 AM
Post #45

Dida per sempre

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,563

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 1 2008, 04:40 PM) *
Eric Casillas? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Is he friends with Iker Cantona by any chance? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Ha! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 03:54 PM