Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dida’s Wages Preventing Milan Sale

kurtsimonw
post Aug 1 2008, 01:02 AM
Post #16

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

He didn't even deserve the contract at the time of signing. R7 says he signed it before the United SFs, so if that's the case, why are we rewarding a keeper who massively Fd up in the QFs against Bayern? He was practically playing for the Germans that night, he did everything he could for us to lose.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Aug 1 2008, 01:09 AM
Post #17

Token Girl
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,800

QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Jul 31 2008, 06:24 PM) *
Handing Dida that massive contract was a mistake, i am certain Dida would have left us (when his contract was running out) if a club of similar stature offered him a contract. Instead we stupidly gave him an equally stupid contract to concede goals, look like a fool and humiliate us infront of Italy and Europe. He does all this and earns a fortune, for what? warm the bench? get injured on the bench (which is so ludicrous that only Dida could accomplish this)

To me we lost Dida when he got hit by that flare, the two seasons prior to that i considedered him one of the top three goalkeepers in the world. Only Buffon was superior to him. There must be a way to force that fool out of the club. I find it unacceptable that Gila left but Dida stayed

I take no pride in attacking an AC Milan player like this but he should have been sold at the end of the 2005/2006 season or the begining of the 2006/2007 season.

+1

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Aug 1 2008, 01:13 AM
Post #18

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

I don't know about you han .. But being a Milanfan I noticed the trophies that Milan hauled in and though they are not much for the three years, but in my book the CL, SC, and CWC have blustered the already budging trophy room. And considering the team Milan has right now, I'd say there is no real crisis. On the contrary, not considering last season was a failure (which ended with two internationally recognized trophies), Milan have done well in recent years without looking too much into detail.

Taking a shot at Galliani and calling him cheap has been rerun a lot here, but the fact remains that Italy is in a very bad financial situation (of which you have a clear idea on), and no Italian club has really splashed cash on a player, on the contrary they were all conservative in their spendings.

Maybe, you are right han ... Maybe Galliani just was too cheap and kept Dida .. Or maybe, for reasons we are unaware of, he might have renewed it to boost the player's motivation going into the CL semi final.

And about the current keeper situation, it is no secret by now that Ancelotti wants a NEW #1. The Celtic Gkeeper, Boruc, was the one who Milan showed a public interest in. And considering Dida's age, this might be his last season at Milan.

But I doubt any of what I am talking about is really a problem here ... It's just that nothing is good enough for the fans anymore. I mean, Ronaldinho being bought at a laughable price, something which Barca doesn't want to disclose .. yet there still remains room for ppl to point fingers at Galliani and co.

Sigh .. Please, don't even bother, because unless we got Buffon as our first team Gkeeper, it wont be perfect.

Just comes to show you how life is, doesn't it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

acid911
post Aug 1 2008, 04:24 AM
Post #19

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

Buffon. Is. Not. Perfect. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

There is no perfect keeper in the world, and it is the same for every club: keepers will always be volatile. Of course, some are better than the rest, and others are in a completely different league. Besides, Buffon wasn't anything special in the recent Euros (particularly the first match against the Dutch). One of the very best keepers in the world? Yes. At times the best? Maybe. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) But that still doesn't mean he wont let in any goal. Consider our match against Bayern last CL, those two goals towards the end. If our team is not good enough to keep possession of the ball near the end of a match, then the opposing team will always have a chance to level up.

But I guess if a guy like Kaladze can earn well over 4 million a year, making disaster after disaster that's alright. Or Brocchi. Or hey Digao for 1 million every season? Emerson, anyone? Oh, oh, we're getting near. Or Carlo taking a good 6 million a year for finishing, what, 5th! Technically, that's all money being wasted on players that don't have a place in Milan. Not only that, but they compromise young players from making it to the first team.

A million or two doesn't matter folks for Milan - The Company. We're the richest club in Italian football. Sixth in the world, and fifth highest earning with overall revenues of 238.7 million euros. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) And this was last season ( or two). Hello? Hello! Not to mention of 54 million operating income. But never mind that, we're a private entity. No one gives a crap about record books or auditing. The underhand deals, don't get me stared. And the club officials come out and have the guts to talk about wages. Yeah, right!

As for Dida, I've always been of the opinion that we're not bound to offer him $$$ if people don't like it. Give him his chances, see how he performs. If it's below expectations, then sell him, buy him, cut his wages, loan him, do whatever you want. Last time I checked he's not the owner. And probably the only person who earned the talk is Paolo. And oh, he want's a couple of cents more, and we make an issue of it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) Not forgetting that he makes in and around 1-2 million, while Nesta in the range of 6 millions per year. They roughly both play the same, what with their injuries, and all. That's 33%. So I guess what I'm saying sis that wages should be no excuse for us, seeing ourselves as the top 6 clubs in terms of cash. Same goes for Dida. And any other player.

If he is so much of a trouble, take a deep breath and offload him (taking any losses along the way). Or work out a smaller wage structure. If not, then for Pete's sake, keep quiet. It's only 1 or 2 million extra for what a regular 3rd keeper would get - assuming someone like Kalac earns over 2-3 millions for warming the bench. When he used to. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) Unless, of course you don't want a third keeper and two will suffice. In which case we can save some bucks. Like a small Serie B club. And in time of a problem we can make Emerson the emergency keeper.

Geez, I need some sleep. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Zzzz!

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Aug 1 2008, 04:39 AM
Post #20

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (acid911 @ Aug 1 2008, 04:24 AM) *
As for Dida, I've always been of the opinion that we're not bound to offer him $$$ if people don't like it. Give him his chances, see how he performs. If it's below expectations, then sell him, buy him, cut his wages, loan him, do whatever you want.

Great post, and I agree with most of it. Just not this bit. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) But like you said, no-one's perfect. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

I think the last thing we can afford to do is give him yet another chance to prove himself. If it doesn't work out, we can almost say goodbye to the title. If we slip up early, we'll be eating Inters dust before we're even off the starting line. Kalac was a surprise last season, but still made a few mistakes, Dida is nowhere near good enough anymore and as for Abbiati.. as far as I know he hasn't ben performing badly in the teams he's been loaned to, so we should go with the best, and that's him.

If Dida was to play and not be good enough, it's not as easy as just trying to sell him to someone. I wouldn't want him at my team, that's for sure, and who's going to want to pay this sort of money for a has-been keeper? He isn't an idiot, well, he is.. just les of one that Galliani, so why would he leave when he has a huge contract that he can just sit on the bench with? I know what I'd do in his position.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Aug 1 2008, 04:54 AM
Post #21

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

Um, okay. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

And yeah, I'd do the same if I were Dida. But the point is what if (hypothetically speaking, of course) Abbiati turns out to be over rated and Kalac back to his usual self. Then what? It is then I'd give Dida a chance to try and get his marbles back. If he can't, then adios. Thanks for the memories. But anyway, having Dida as third choice, with respective wage structure, is infinitely better than Fiori, Storari, Molari or Dolari. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) For a couple of millions a year, he's a decent third choice, provided he can't find his mojo back.

Or better yet, we can invest in a new younger, talented keeper. Which I seriously think we should have this year. Someone along the lines of Lloris, give or take. A natural. Prepare him for the future task. We missed out on it this transfer season. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) Like most of you said, currently all three of our keepers are of the same calibre, whether due to nature or being out of form. That's never a good thing.

As for the league, blaming it all on the keeper won't get us anywhere. That's what mid-table teams do. For the defense, midfield and attack of a League leader should be capable enough to take the team out from any situation. It's after all a league - there are 38 matches to be played. What if Dida is out of favor, and both of our keepers have a wretched time in front of the goal in the beginning? Does that mean we're down and out? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) The league is always decided towards the end, when top teams have to play in Europe as well as concentrate on the league.

All in all, I want this glovesmen discussion thingy out by the next season (or two). We fans deserve better. In fact, one of the absolute bests. There are other areas of discussion, not losing hairs over who should be first and second choice. Top clubs don't do this. But I guess keepers and Milan have never worked out well enough. Some call Dida the all time best keeper of Milan, and I've seen him included in most favorite XI lists. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) That tells the story, I guess.

Okay, time for my mid-day nap. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post

Habitant
post Aug 1 2008, 04:55 AM
Post #22

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,763

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 1 2008, 04:39 AM) *
Great post, and I agree with most of it. Just not this bit. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) But like you said, no-one's perfect. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

I think the last thing we can afford to do is give him yet another chance to prove himself. If it doesn't work out, we can almost say goodbye to the title. If we slip up early, we'll be eating Inters dust before we're even off the starting line. Kalac was a surprise last season, but still made a few mistakes, Dida is nowhere near good enough anymore and as for Abbiati.. as far as I know he hasn't ben performing badly in the teams he's been loaned to, so we should go with the best, and that's him.

If Dida was to play and not be good enough, it's not as easy as just trying to sell him to someone. I wouldn't want him at my team, that's for sure, and who's going to want to pay this sort of money for a has-been keeper? He isn't an idiot, well, he is.. just les of one that Galliani, so why would he leave when he has a huge contract that he can just sit on the bench with? I know what I'd do in his position.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

Habitant
post Aug 1 2008, 04:58 AM
Post #23

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,763

QUOTE (acid911 @ Aug 1 2008, 04:54 AM) *
Um, okay. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

And yeah, I'd do the same if I were Dida. But the point is what if (hypothetically speaking, of course) Abbiati turns out to be over rated and Kalac back to his usual self. Then what? It is then I'd give Dida a chance to try and get his marbles back. If he can't, then adios. Thanks for the memories. But anyway, having Dida as third choice, with respective wage structure, is infinitely better than Fiori, Storari, Molari or Dolari. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) For a couple of millions a year, he's a decent third choice, provided he can't find his mojo back.

Or better yet, we can invest in a new younger, talented keeper. Which I seriously think we should have this year. Someone along the lines of Lloris, give or take. A natural. Prepare him for the future task. We missed out on it this transfer season. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) Like most of you said, currently all three of our keepers are of the same calibre, whether due to nature or being out of form. That's never a good thing.

As for the league, blaming it all on the keeper won't get us anywhere. That's what mid-table teams do. For the defense, midfield and attack of a League leader should be capable enough to take the team out from any situation. It's after all a league - there are 38 matches to be played. What if Dida is out of favor, and both of our keepers have a wretched time in front of the goal in the beginning? Does that mean we're down and out? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) The league is always decided towards the end, when top teams have to play in Europe as well as concentrate on the league.

All in all, I want this glovesmen discussion thingy out by the next season (or two). We fans deserve better. In fact, one of the absolute bests. There are other areas of discussion, not losing hairs over who should be first and second choice. Top clubs don't do this. But I guess keepers and Milan have never worked out well enough. Some call Dida the all time best keeper of Milan, and I've seen him included in most favorite XI lists. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) That tells the story, I guess.

still amelia was available. was there any more obvious solution than this one? i guess not

he went to palermo... palermo ffs and we dint go for him...

the no.2 to buffon

relatively cheap too

This post has been edited by Habitant: Aug 1 2008, 05:01 AM

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Aug 1 2008, 05:22 AM
Post #24

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (acid911 @ Aug 1 2008, 04:54 AM) *

A mid-day nap!? I'm not even up at that time to take one. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

QUOTE (Habitant @ Aug 1 2008, 04:58 AM) *
still amelia was available. was there any more obvious solution than this one? i guess not

he went to palermo... palermo ffs and we dint go for him...

the no.2 to buffon

relatively cheap too

I know, we could at least put some effort in. But instead we keep our has-been, keep our backup and recall somebody that doesn't even like us. Hmm.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Aug 1 2008, 06:15 AM
Post #25

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

I'm not gonna comment on this story, since it sounds really wierd to me. Firstly the source. Secondly, the reason Lloris was not purchased was because Abbiati couldn't be sold and NOT because Dida couldn't be sold. They made it clear that they didn't want more than 3 keepers in the team. So I find it really really wierd. IMO this news is BS. Since Milan aren't making transfers anymore, they need something else to keep us in the news. So they create this 'artificial' transfer requirement. (Nesta's injury, now Dida).

I'm pretty sure the new contract like any other contract involves a pay cut if the player doesn't play X% of matches. You are not going to get 4.5 million from being a training partner. It's common sense, and I'd be very surprised if that was not the case.

If it were upto me, I would guess there's a massive rehabilitation program going on for Dida right now. And from what I saw in goal4africa, it seemed to be working. If our defence can start working as a unit again around Dida, I'm not one bit worried.

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post Aug 1 2008, 07:31 AM
Post #26

Dida per sempre

Member No.: 3,563

I won't argue that 4 mil is a fairly astronomical amount, but at the same time, don't give him all the financial stick especially when the likes of Digao, Ba, Emerson and Fiori were paid for pretty much doing nothing last season, in addition to Kaka's multiple contract extensions.

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 31 2008, 03:34 PM) *
I think he will make a comeback this season. I am looking forward to the match tomorrow against Sevilla. Many who saw the Goal4Africa match gave two thumbs up to Dida ... So I doubt he will be leaving, on the contrary I think he will make a strong comeback.

He'll only play the upcoming friendly v. Man City, which puts him at a disadvantage in this battle for the top spot, since the zebra will be the starter in the Railways tournament. He won't even take part at all.

QUOTE (acid911)
Okay, time for my mid-day nap.

This week has been one lengthy Tilt-a-Whirl ride. I could just about use a 24-hour nap. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Aug 1 2008, 11:47 AM
Post #27

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Aug 1 2008, 02:54 AM) *
(damn the lack of pound sign on an American keyboard!)

Alt+0163 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 1 2008, 12:20 PM
Post #28

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Aug 1 2008, 01:13 AM) *
I don't know about you han .. But being a Milanfan I noticed the trophies that Milan hauled in and though they are not much for the three years, but in my book the CL, SC, and CWC have blustered the already budging trophy room. And considering the team Milan has right now, I'd say there is no real crisis. On the contrary, not considering last season was a failure (which ended with two internationally recognized trophies), Milan have done well in recent years without looking too much into detail.

Taking a shot at Galliani and calling him cheap has been rerun a lot here, but the fact remains that Italy is in a very bad financial situation (of which you have a clear idea on), and no Italian club has really splashed cash on a player, on the contrary they were all conservative in their spendings.

Maybe, you are right han ... Maybe Galliani just was too cheap and kept Dida .. Or maybe, for reasons we are unaware of, he might have renewed it to boost the player's motivation going into the CL semi final.

And about the current keeper situation, it is no secret by now that Ancelotti wants a NEW #1. The Celtic Gkeeper, Boruc, was the one who Milan showed a public interest in. And considering Dida's age, this might be his last season at Milan.

But I doubt any of what I am talking about is really a problem here ... It's just that nothing is good enough for the fans anymore. I mean, Ronaldinho being bought at a laughable price, something which Barca doesn't want to disclose .. yet there still remains room for ppl to point fingers at Galliani and co.

Sigh .. Please, don't even bother, because unless we got Buffon as our first team Gkeeper, it wont be perfect.

Just comes to show you how life is, doesn't it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Imo Boruc would have been more then a great addition and everyone would feel this way considering our other options are nothing more then average. The CL we won not because the management made smart decisions in the market if so we wouldn't have been so terrible in the league. The CL we won because of players performing out of their skin and Kaka constantly dragging the team on. It wasn't because Milan had a squad that was equiped enough for it. It's because our best players who were mediocre that season wanted it enough to take the team to the final and nothing more.

And other Italian teams not spending a lot of money? Inter were willing to break the bank for a player like Lampard the only reason that money wasn't spent was because he didn't want to go there, and they spent something like £14m for Muntari and also another big sum for Mancini. And I'm not even talking about just Inter, Fiorentina had a great mercato and spent already close to €35m.

It's not that fans can't be pleased, in fact most fans would be happy with just a quality signing where it is needed, no one is even expecting world class, our standards have been lowered these past few years compared to what was usually always expected from Milan fans.

QUOTE (MizNelson @ Aug 1 2008, 07:31 AM) *
I won't argue that 4 mil is a fairly astronomical amount, but at the same time, don't give him all the financial stick especially when the likes of Digao, Ba, Emerson and Fiori were paid for pretty much doing nothing last season, in addition to Kaka's multiple contract extensions.

He'll only play the upcoming friendly v. Man City, which puts him at a disadvantage in this battle for the top spot, since the zebra will be the starter in the Railways tournament. He won't even take part at all.

This week has been one lengthy Tilt-a-Whirl ride. I could just about use a 24-hour nap. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

All of those players are mistakes and are being kept for no reason at all, Digao we all know why he is a Milan player so there is no use in talking about it.

Brocci, Favalli and to an extent Emerson are the typical stapel of the Milan of today. Quick fixes that are ment to clog a hole that was once so small that no one minded the likes of Pancaro being brought in for cover, but these days that tiny hole has become this big thing that threatens to sink the ship if nothing is done about it.

And having a player like Kaka requires for the management to keep extending his contract that's how all the big clubs handle their star players

This post has been edited by han2503: Aug 1 2008, 12:23 PM

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Aug 1 2008, 01:11 PM
Post #29

Insert cool title here<--
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,792

QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 1 2008, 01:20 PM) *
Imo Boruc would have been more then a great addition and everyone would feel this way considering our other options are nothing more then average. The CL we won not because the management made smart decisions in the market if so we wouldn't have been so terrible in the league. The CL we won because of players performing out of their skin and Kaka constantly dragging the team on. It wasn't because Milan had a squad that was equiped enough for it. It's because our best players who were mediocre that season wanted it enough to take the team to the final and nothing more.

And other Italian teams not spending a lot of money? Inter were willing to break the bank for a player like Lampard the only reason that money wasn't spent was because he didn't want to go there, and they spent something like £14m for Muntari and also another big sum for Mancini. And I'm not even talking about just Inter, Fiorentina had a great mercato and spent already close to €35m.

It's not that fans can't be pleased, in fact most fans would be happy with just a quality signing where it is needed, no one is even expecting world class, our standards have been lowered these past few years compared to what was usually always expected from Milan fans.
Couldn't agree more with u han.

All of those players are mistakes and are being kept for no reason at all, Digao we all know why he is a Milan player so there is no use in talking about it.

Brocci, Favalli and to an extent Emerson are the typical stapel of the Milan of today. Quick fixes that are ment to clog a hole that was once so small that no one minded the likes of Pancaro being brought in for cover, but these days that tiny hole has become this big thing that threatens to sink the ship if nothing is done about it.

And having a player like Kaka requires for the management to keep extending his contract that's how all the big clubs handle their star players

Couldn't agree more with u han.

+Quote Post

Portman
post Aug 1 2008, 01:48 PM
Post #30

Berretti

Member No.: 347

QUOTE (dst @ Jul 31 2008, 10:31 PM) *
Turn down Buffon and spend E4.5m on Buffon. Now that's a wise decision!

(IMG:http://www.corriere.it/Media/Foto/2006/01_Gennaio/29/GALLIANI.jpg)

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 10:41 PM