Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Milan - Juventus --- 10/5/2009

kurtsimonw
post May 11 2009, 04:52 PM
Post #316

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

There's a difference between doing well and just doing better than before. The last few seasons have made this season look better than it actually is. A good season for a European giant is really competing in both Europe and in the league. Didn't enter the CL, but had a poor showing in the UEFA Cup. As for the league.. the closeness is misleading, even if we were to finish 1 point behind Inter, could you really say we challenged? No, we got close in the last few games as Inter dropped points, it's not like we were stride for stride with them all season. Competing is when you acheive on your own, not waiting for teams above you to fail, which is what I feel has happened with us this season.

We need a much, much better start next season!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Locke Lamora
post May 11 2009, 04:56 PM
Post #317

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,499

QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ May 11 2009, 05:46 PM) *
On another note, are you happy with Arsenal's form? Do you just accept that without complaining?

No, but I have been through lows before. And I'm able to, rather than mull about the dark ages coming to us like a steam train, there's reasons to be optimistic. So could you, but it seems there's no hope for Milan anymore.
The club is fu*ked, end of story. No matter what happens during the summer. Because you guys already know what Galliani will or won't do.

Things aren't perfect at Milan ATM, but it could have beens so, so much worse.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post May 11 2009, 05:04 PM
Post #318

Token Girl
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,800

+1 cookie to Locke. Much more eloquent than I could've put it.

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post May 11 2009, 06:19 PM
Post #319

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 558

QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ May 11 2009, 04:56 PM) *
No, but I have been through lows before. And I'm able to, rather than mull about the dark ages coming to us like a steam train, there's reasons to be optimistic. So could you, but it seems there's no hope for Milan anymore.
The club is fu*ked, end of story. No matter what happens during the summer. Because you guys already know what Galliani will or won't do.

Please, oh eloquent one, can tell me where either I or Zed or anyone else on here for that matter have said anything about the 'dark ages coming to us like a steam train' or 'there's no hope for Milan anymore' or even 'the club is fu*ked'? It seems to me that if anyone dares criticize on here they are deemed non supporters/fans. If I didn't care about Milan I would probably stay quiet and think management are doing a great job, but I do care and if I feel that management are not doing a good job then I will say so, whether others on here like it or not.

Oh and before you start all the 'I have been through all the lows before' I have with Milan as well, doesn't mean to say I have to agree with it though.

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post May 11 2009, 06:20 PM
Post #320

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 11 2009, 04:52 PM) *
There's a difference between doing well and just doing better than before. The last few seasons have made this season look better than it actually is. A good season for a European giant is really competing in both Europe and in the league. Didn't enter the CL, but had a poor showing in the UEFA Cup. As for the league.. the closeness is misleading, even if we were to finish 1 point behind Inter, could you really say we challenged? No, we got close in the last few games as Inter dropped points, it's not like we were stride for stride with them all season. Competing is when you acheive on your own, not waiting for teams above you to fail, which is what I feel has happened with us this season.

We need a much, much better start next season!

Very good post (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post

Tennie
post May 11 2009, 06:25 PM
Post #321

Token Girl
Group Icon

QUOTE (Zed.D @ May 10 2009, 04:29 PM) *
Depressing. we're miles behind likes of Barca, Man U, Chelsea in terms of football.

I have to accept it. it's over for us. we're no longer a power to be reckoned with in Europe [not that we are in Italy] as long as those who are managing the club don't change their ways and philosophy.

I can see us doing shockingly bad in the CL next season. mark my words. maybe then Galliani and co will wake up

Iross, the above-quoted post sure sounds all doom and gloom to me.

You and I generally are on opposite ends of the 'criticism level' spectrum - but while we may not agree a lot of the time, I hope there's at least general respect for one another's opinion.

And as I've stated many times before, I have NO PROBLEM with constructive criticism. Criticism for the sake of criticism and/or constant and unceasing predictions of doom....get awfully old and are just as distasteful as someone who is sunshine-and-lollipops all the time (and no, before you ask, I don't think I'm that way either).

+Quote Post

Warchant
post May 11 2009, 06:25 PM
Post #322

Giovanissimi Nazionali
Group Icon

Member No.: 703

QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ May 11 2009, 10:56 AM) *

+1

like i said, it's one thing to complain, it's another thing to think the sky is falling.

- we're in 2nd
- we've scored more goals than anyone else in serie a (and most assists)
- we've scored more goals than inter and have only allowed 3 more goals than inter
- we're actually winning games at home
- we have bright (young) talent

yea, we've dropped some vital points this season that we shouldn't have, but come on. it's not like this is the worst season milan has ever had.

do i think everything is perfect? no
do i think our mgmt has made some bad decisions? yes
do i think milan should move on from carlo? possibly
do i think we have a ways to go to catch up with the rest of europe? maybe...but i think a few holes will fix that pretty quick.

this doesn't mean that i think our run at being a european power is over...we all have disagreements with certain parts of the club...but don't say that we're finished.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 11 2009, 06:52 PM
Post #323

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ May 11 2009, 06:19 PM) *
Please, oh eloquent one, can tell me where either I or Zed or anyone else on here for that matter have said anything about the 'dark ages coming to us like a steam train' or 'there's no hope for Milan anymore' or even 'the club is fu*ked'? It seems to me that if anyone dares criticize on here they are deemed non supporters/fans. If I didn't care about Milan I would probably stay quiet and think management are doing a great job, but I do care and if I feel that management are not doing a good job then I will say so, whether others on here like it or not.

It's sad to see this loser mentality's gotten most Milan fans. what are we, the new Inter?

I'd keep only Pirlo, Ambrosini, Kaka, Pato and Flamini (Gattuso, Abbiati and a few others as well - like a healthy Nesta)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) ,oh boy,...

Depressing. we're miles behind likes of Barca, Man U, Chelsea in terms of football.

Relative term. Only a few months back Barca was miles behind Real, now Real is miles behind Barca. Every seasons presents us a new "miles behind story", but I think you're a bit over the top with such a comment. I hate semantic discussions, but, just for the record.

I did not see that but it could not have been it, he must have said or done something nasty.

Croatian commentary said Chiellini punched someone in the head. I didn't see anything.

Only a couple of weeks ago we weren't even assured CL football, it is only due to the collapse of Juve that we have been able to get second place.

Like almost every 2nd team does. It's simple logic. Milan getting second place means Juve doing bad.

BIG FAT IDIOT!!!!! I cannot believe this guy... go to ****ing Chelsea, I'd rather have Terim than you right now!!!

I don't think Carletto did wrong yesterday. I found the game quite amusing and very good in all.

Please, oh eloquent one, can tell me where either I or Zed or anyone else on here for that matter have said anything about the 'dark ages coming to us like a steam train' or 'there's no hope for Milan anymore' or even 'the club is fu*ked'?

Wtf? Where does this come from? What has Locke done? I don't like this attitude in particular.

This post has been edited by Fillipo Simone: May 11 2009, 06:54 PM

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 11 2009, 07:18 PM
Post #324

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Warchant @ May 11 2009, 05:25 PM) *
do i think we have a ways to go to catch up with the rest of europe? maybe...but i think a few holes will fix that pretty quick.

The part I bolded out is what I think got us into this 'mess' in the first place.

Getting the quick fixes instead of buying players that are adequate replacement for what we're losing.

We all knew at some point that a time when most of our starters would be at the end of their carreers, but all we did is buy the Favalli's the Ronaldo's, etc until we came to this point were the team needs a massive overhaul.

These 'quick fixes' is our biggest problem, now look at what we're facing this summer. Maldini retiring, with Nesta having the same strength as glass.

Favalli, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ambro, Pippo, Sheva, Janku, Zambro etc all eihter in their late 30s or approaching mid 30s.

I mean what are we going to do in the summer, reniew with all these players for another 5 years and say we're covered? And to top it off go around Serie A and buy a few 30+ player and then fly over to Brazil and bring in some kids that are never going to get a look in because ther're either really not good enough or Carlo doesn;t trust them?

Because this is what we've been doing, and to tell you the truth I'm pretty terrified of what this summer holds for us. Are we really saying here that our only think to look forward to (if you see it that way that is) is to wait for Beckham's return from the Galaxy far far away to make us some endorsment money?

I'm not going to judge and say we're going to be humiliated in the CL next season and all that, I'll wait until I see what happens in the summer and how the management will adress some of the serious issues that we are facing and then I will make a judgment. But as you can see from my post I am fairly worried of what the future holds, because something tells me that if we keep going the way we are, we might find ourselves in a worse situation then we were in this season.

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 11 2009, 07:29 PM
Post #325

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 11 2009, 05:52 PM) *

Wo would you really keep from the current crop if it was actually up to you?

Personally I'm with zeddie on this one. I think few of our current squad players deserve the Milan shirt and are of the right standard to wear it.

Relative term. Only a few months back Barca was miles behind Real, now Real is miles behind Barca. Every seasons presents us a new "miles behind story", but I think you're a bit over the top with such a comment. I hate semantic discussions, but, just for the record.

I don't think Barca were ever miles behind Real, they always had the squad and the talent to beat Real anytime. It was the internal struggles with the coach and players that were the problem, their management acted on it quickly and but their losses, they removed the players that were problematic and changed coach and look where they are now.

I think they're a great example of how a management can be both pro-active and re-active. They immediately addressed their issues, not like our management who have been dilly-dallying around ours for years now. This isn't some new situation we're finding ourselves in, let's be realistic now, we have been here for 3 years and we are still paddling through the mud with no solution in sight.

Like almost every 2nd team does. It's simple logic. Milan getting second place means Juve doing bad.

If you want to just forget what we've been doing the entire season, then sure look at it from that pov. But looking at the entire picture, we certainly don't desrve second.

I don't think Carletto did wrong yesterday. I found the game quite amusing and very good in all.

You know what I really found amusing yesterday?

A player playing so bad that he wouldn't even be picked for an ametour Sunday league, still stays on the pitch for nearly all of the 90 minutes. That was the most amusing thing. Carlo's decision to field Seedorf was a big mistake imo. And sure he scored but I would bet that had he not been on the pitch from the start we would have managed to score more then once. He was simply appaling yesterday, and personally I find it hurtful to see a player who doesn't give a cr@p still wearing the shirt and playing for Milan every week.

+Quote Post

Minami
post May 11 2009, 07:45 PM
Post #326

Esordienti A 95

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 1,685

IMO the reason, why some members here are/were so depressed yesterday is, that they would have a reason to believe in us to win the scudetto. because if we had won it, we would have had a chance to get closer to inter.

and I think that we could have won this game, if carlo hadn't been too afraid of playing more offensive. he should have replaced seedorf (instead of pippo)with pato, because all pippo needed to score was another striker, who helped him up there. kaka didn't do enough. he played too much in midfield to be a help for him.

and the ref was just awful and biased....

but after all we're 2nd and I'm looking forward to see us playing CL next season.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post May 11 2009, 08:02 PM
Post #327

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (Tennie @ May 11 2009, 06:25 PM) *
Iross, the above-quoted post sure sounds all doom and gloom to me.

You and I generally are on opposite ends of the 'criticism level' spectrum - but while we may not agree a lot of the time, I hope there's at least general respect for one another's opinion.

And as I've stated many times before, I have NO PROBLEM with constructive criticism. Criticism for the sake of criticism and/or constant and unceasing predictions of doom....get awfully old and are just as distasteful as someone who is sunshine-and-lollipops all the time (and no, before you ask, I don't think I'm that way either).

Now I don't think it's doom and gloom, more like where we are now(without the BS). I admit it's premature to speculate on next seasons CL before seeing what happens in the summer - that said I don't particularly trust the management and if previous seasons are anything to go by then my expectations will be low.

To be honest you are usually pretty fair but I don't see the problem with what zed wrote.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post May 11 2009, 08:07 PM
Post #328

Token Girl
Group Icon

Then we have an honest disagreement, iross. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I think the statement was all doom and gloom, the team's f*cked, etcetcetc, and to be honest, I'm just really tired of what appears to me to be a constant stream of criticism without once noticing/mentioning that there actually are some positive things going on too (stuff like Pippo's goal explosion, Flamini's slotting in at RB, etc). Are there serious problems facing the club? Yep. But the constant (and sorry I really do think this is the appropriate word) venom just no longer seems accurate or appropriate.

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post May 11 2009, 08:08 PM
Post #329

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (Minami @ May 11 2009, 07:45 PM) *
IMO the reason, why some members here are/were so depressed yesterday is, that they would have a reason to believe in us to win the scudetto. because if we had won it, we would have had a chance to get closer to inter.

and I think that we could have won this game, if carlo hadn't been too afraid of playing more offensive. he should have replaced seedorf (instead of pippo)with pato, because all pippo needed to score was another striker, who helped him up there. kaka didn't do enough. he played too much in midfield to be a help for him.

and the ref was just awful and biased....

but after all we're 2nd and I'm looking forward to see us playing CL next season.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Although I agree with the majority of your post I would change depressed to frustrated. It's been the same story season after season - we get a chance and we blow it through being negative. Although Juve played well we really should have beaten them, I realise that we didn't have much chance of Lo Scudetto but I wanted merda to suffer for a while longer (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Like you say though, we are second and CL is almost done for next season so at least we have something to be happy about.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post May 11 2009, 08:27 PM
Post #330

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (Warchant @ May 11 2009, 09:55 PM) *
this doesn't mean that i think our run at being a european power is over...we all have disagreements with certain parts of the club...but don't say that we're finished.

QUOTE (Warchant @ May 11 2009, 07:24 PM) *
i didn't mean to start a war or anything

i'm just saying, it's one thing to criticize a team and it's another thing to say that this team will no longer be any good.

I never said that.

we're no longer a power to be reckoned with in Europe [not that we are in Italy] as long as those who are managing the club don't change their ways and philosophy.

It's just an opinion, a debatable one. it's hardly BSing.

This post has been edited by Zed.D: May 11 2009, 08:30 PM

+Quote Post

25 Pages V  « < 20 21 22 23 24 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 07:36 AM