> Serie A - Week 26 - Milan - Juventus, Date: 02/03/14 Time: 20:45 CET

X-Offender
post Feb 25 2014, 05:59 PM
Post #16

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 25 2014, 03:59 PM) *
Yep, lest year we get something like 50m for simply making it to the last 16, Juve got nearly 60m - the most out of any team in the competition, even better than Bayern, Barca, Real and Dortmund. And this was because Italy's chunk was split amongst only 2 sides.

I'm pretty sure you quoted the wrong post there.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 25 2014, 08:42 PM
Post #17

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 25 2014, 05:59 PM) *
I'm pretty sure you quoted the wrong post there.

Heh, looks like it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Feb 27 2014, 03:56 PM
Post #18

So, after watching Madrid annihilate Schalke last night, I noticed that Carlo continues adapting his beloved Christmas-tree formation, which becomes sort of a 4-3-3 if your support strikers have more 'winger' characteristics (e.g. Ronaldo and Bale). But what I really liked about it was its flexibility, where in the defensive phase sometimes it would turn into a typical 4-4-1-1 line-up, thus allowing you to have less brawn and more brain in midfield due to the players acting as a very compact unit. Everyone knew what they were doing and executed their responsibilities to a tee.

So, I was wondering, could we somehow emulate that same system? I was thinking about it, and I thought we could very well give it a shot. I came up with this, which then would turn into this when we're defending. As you'll notice, that's very similar to what Seedorf opted against Atletico, only the interpreters are different.

I'd really like to have Monto as holding mid, with Poli and Honda (a bit more advanced) in central midfield. In a way, Monto would emulate Xabi Alonso, Poli would emulate Di Maria and Honda would emulate Modric. And really, when you think about it, they are rather similar players in one way or another. Obviously Taarabt and Kaká would emulate Ronaldo and Bale, with Taarabt tracking back in midfield as Bale did last night during non-possession.

Sure, it's not 100% perfect, but given that Seedorf already seems to be considering it, I don't see the harm in giving it a shot, even as soon as against Juventus (which is why I posted it in this thread).

Thoughts?

+Quote Post

milanbuf88
post Feb 27 2014, 05:51 PM
Post #19

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,674

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 27 2014, 11:56 AM) *
So, after watching Madrid annihilate Schalke last night, I noticed that Carlo continues adapting his beloved Christmas-tree formation, which becomes sort of a 4-3-3 if your support strikers have more 'winger' characteristics (e.g. Ronaldo and Bale). But what I really liked about it was its flexibility, where in the defensive phase sometimes it would turn into a typical 4-4-1-1 line-up, thus allowing you to have less brawn and more brain in midfield due to the players acting as a very compact unit. Everyone knew what they were doing and executed their responsibilities to a tee.

So, I was wondering, could we somehow emulate that same system? I was thinking about it, and I thought we could very well give it a shot. I came up with this, which then would turn into this when we're defending. As you'll notice, that's very similar to what Seedorf opted against Atletico, only the interpreters are different.

I'd really like to have Monto as holding mid, with Poli and Honda (a bit more advanced) in central midfield. In a way, Monto would emulate Xabi Alonso, Poli would emulate Di Maria and Honda would emulate Modric. And really, when you think about it, they are rather similar players in one way or another. Obviously Taarabt and Kaká would emulate Ronaldo and Bale, with Taarabt tracking back in midfield as Bale did last night during non-possession.

Sure, it's not 100% perfect, but given that Seedorf already seems to be considering it, I don't see the harm in giving it a shot, even as soon as against Juventus (which is why I posted it in this thread).

Thoughts?

It's an interesting idea but I don't think our players have the speed to pull it off as effectively. Bale, Ronaldo, and Di Maria are all much faster than their counterparts here and their speed is part of what makes them so dangerous in transition.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Feb 27 2014, 06:35 PM
Post #20

QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Feb 27 2014, 05:51 PM) *
It's an interesting idea but I don't think our players have the speed to pull it off as effectively. Bale, Ronaldo, and Di Maria are all much faster than their counterparts here and their speed is part of what makes them so dangerous in transition.

I don't think it's about speed, but rather physical fitness. In order to get a certain discipline on the field, you need your players to stick to the plan for the whole match. However, we've shown that we slowly start running out of gas by the 70 minute mark. That aspect needs to be addressed. But still, it's worth a shot. We have nothing to lose in this season after all.

+Quote Post

milanbuf88
post Feb 27 2014, 08:28 PM
Post #21

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,674

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 27 2014, 02:35 PM) *
I don't think it's about speed, but rather physical fitness. In order to get a certain discipline on the field, you need your players to stick to the plan for the whole match. However, we've shown that we slowly start running out of gas by the 70 minute mark. That aspect needs to be addressed. But still, it's worth a shot. We have nothing to lose in this season after all.

That's true. I wouldn't mind giving it a shot to see how it goes. It is a very attacking line up though and it would require that we defend as a unit and keep the work rate high. I think Seedorf needs a summer off season to improve the fitness of the squad. Hopefully it will improve as the season progresses but it's tough to do while dealing with a normal match schedule.

+Quote Post

Linkman
post Feb 28 2014, 05:34 PM
Post #22

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 7,300

By the by, no Vidal for them.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Feb 28 2014, 06:39 PM
Post #23

QUOTE (Linkman @ Feb 28 2014, 05:34 PM) *
By the by, no Vidal for them.

And no Asamoah.

Mediaset line-ups:

Abbiati; De Sciglio, Rami, Bonera, Emanuelson; De Jong, Montolivo; Poli, Kakà, Taarabt; Pazzini.
Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Lichtsteiner, Pogba, Pirlo, Marchisio, Peluso; Tevez, Lllorente.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 28 2014, 07:32 PM
Post #24

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 28 2014, 06:39 PM) *
And no Asamoah.

Mediaset line-ups:

Abbiati; De Sciglio, Rami, Bonera, Emanuelson; De Jong, Montolivo; Poli, Kakà, Taarabt; Pazzini.
Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Lichtsteiner, Pogba, Pirlo, Marchisio, Peluso; Tevez, Lllorente.

No Balo for us, and Poli on the wing isn't what I'd call ideal

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Mar 1 2014, 02:44 PM
Post #25

QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 28 2014, 07:32 PM) *
No Balo for us, and Poli on the wing isn't what I'd call ideal

Well, either Poli or Honda on the wing doesn't really make a difference.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Mar 2 2014, 02:42 PM
Post #26

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 28 2014, 08:39 PM) *
And no Asamoah.

Mediaset line-ups:

Bonear and Emo... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post

acid911
post Mar 2 2014, 03:30 PM
Post #27

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

One of the only two matches, I just 100% want us to win every season. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) The other being Juventus return tie. Just hope the team is up for it and puts in a good performance.

This post has been edited by acid911: Mar 2 2014, 03:31 PM

+Quote Post

Jack Bauer
post Mar 2 2014, 08:06 PM
Post #28

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 6,705

Milan: Abbiati; Abate, Rami, Bonera, Emanuelson; De Jong, Montolivo; Taarabt, Poli, Kakà; Pazzini

Juventus: Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Caceres; Lichtsteiner, Pogba, Pirlo, Marchisio, Asamoah; Tevez, Lllorente

+Quote Post

Ry4n
post Mar 2 2014, 08:13 PM
Post #29

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 932

going to be an intense game !

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Mar 2 2014, 08:35 PM
Post #30

Let's smash these bitches! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devilsmiley.gif)

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:36 AM