Reply to this topicStart new topic
> In case we didn't notice

Danny
post Dec 1 2014, 02:26 AM
Post #1

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

We're fifth now. It's been my target from day 1, and while recent results have been poor, today's rather impressive showing against a solid midtable Serie A side gives me some mild optimism that we can achieve it.

Of course if Samp beat Napoli tomorrow night they leapfrog us, but top 6 really isn't that bad.

It also shows how rotten everyone is outwith Roma and Juve that the gap between third and 11th is 6 points.

I must say I have to subscribe to what Han said - while consistency will always let us down, anyone can realistically nab third spot in this league. For us to have been 8th a few draws ago, one single win throws us up to fifth. I still don't think we'll get third, but I'd be absolutely over the moon with it.

Pippo put out a team which got a good result tonight. If he's not a total fucking idiot he'd just put the same team out next match, with De Jong in Essien's place, obviously.

Napoli's brief foray into being a very good team seems over - in their past 7 games they've drawn 3 times and won 4. It's ok, but not the heights they've previously been achieving. They previously were the third place setters but they've lost momentum in the past 6 months.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 1 2014, 10:19 AM
Post #2

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

What's there to notice? 1 win, 4 draws and 1 loss in the last 6 games. Being 5th means nothing in this league, cos next week you could instantly leap to 10th place.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Dec 1 2014, 11:43 AM
Post #3

Allievi Nazionali

That's all I'm saying. Two minutes ago we were nearly tenth, now we're top 5. It's easy to fail to realise how 'high' we are in the league.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 1 2014, 05:31 PM
Post #4

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

I think if we do get our act together we can still get 3rd, for the very simple reason that everyone else is as equally bad as us so as I see it, our chances at CL football for next season are still decent if not good

Still, I think the next 3 fixtures, considering we have Napoli and Roma coming up, will really show us where we'll end up by the end of the season

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 1 2014, 08:20 PM
Post #5

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

If we manage to get more than half the points in those three games it'd be a huge success.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Dec 1 2014, 10:47 PM
Post #6

Allievi Nazionali

Going by tonight's display Napoli are very beatable. Anything from Roma is a bonus, and Genoa are basically in the same form as we are.

I'd be VERY happy with 5 points from these 3.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 07:21 AM