Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Overall signing performance in 2014

Danny
post Nov 17 2014, 08:37 PM
Post #1

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

Other than Alex, who is the best signing in defence we've made since Silva, you'd have to say we have signed nothing but cr*p this year.

Rami: something below mediocre, totally unreliable.

Honda: apart from a bright spurt of a game or two deluding us into thinking he was the second coming, an absolutely ghastly signing.

Agazzi: not actually sure why he's there at all. Third choice squad fodder I guess.

Menez: again, a game or two of high performance made us think he was the ghost of Ribery. Now his wages look like daylight robbery (geddit). Selfish and stinking attitude with no end product. Clear why PSG didn't want him.

Torres: got him wrong. Hoped we might see something akin to the old Torres but not a bit of it. Injury has destroyed his pace, and his confidence has gone with that. One (admittedly good) goal all season is testament to what a flop he is now. He's best returning to Spain and playing for David Moyes.

Essien: truly, truly pitiful joke of a signing. Another one I misjudged. Just a shambles of a player now.

Taarabt: actually did rather well but failed to shine in the big games, Naples aside. Has the tools to be an exceptional player but apparently not the attitude.

Lopez: He's improved after an auspicious start. Not the Lopez he was at Madrid yet though, that's for sure.

Armero: no fucking idea because Pippo hates him and won't play him.

Van Ginkel: Looked great for the 30 minutes he actually got. Since then, injury aside, the forgotten man.

Bona: not been hugely used, been ok, nothing more. But then, not being played in his best position nor getting a run of games. Does work hard, similar to a slightly more creative and composed version of Poli.

Overall:

Bona and Rami represent the only players we spent money on. The rest are frees and wasters. Alex is the only signing to genuinely 'do' it since joining. You'd have to say since shipping out our entire squad in 2012 we've replaced them with more increasingly awful players. There is no ambition to sign real quality, no ambition to spend equivalent to our income, in line with FFP. And that's why fans are staying away now.

Truth is, our Club is dying and will soon be relegated. It IS going in that direction now, with increasingly poor managers and an increasingly shite signing policy.

The only fix is the Berlusconis selling us - because under them we're never getting back to what we were.

That Suso is our big target in January, and that we're happy with a past-his-peak Sneijder maybe coming (still quality but Milan of old would have signed him aged 24, not 30) shows just where we are.

We had to pray Torres wouldn't be terrible. Same with almost every other ghastly signing this club keeps making.

There is no pride in the club's name now, just propaganda in the name of signing 'champions' yet them always being pale shadows of what we expect.

The fall of Milan from European titans to Serie A midtable fodder (and deteriorating) has been as sudden as it has painful.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 17 2014, 10:26 PM
Post #2

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

I agree with your evaluations except for Menez and Honda. Yes, they've been bad a few games aside, but they actually do have what it takes to perform better. If Menez was played on the wing, told to stick to that position, not roam around and do whatever the hell he pleases like he's fucking Messi, and was also told to be less selfish, he'd be a good asset. Same with Honda. He should be played in midfield.

Lopez and Alex have certainly been our best signings. Agazzi, Torres and Essien our worst.

The thing is, even if we play the best possible formation and line-up, and these players performed at 100%, we'd still be average to decent. Juve, Roma and Napoli have far better teams. The most we can achieve is the 3rd place, and that's if we perform excellently. However, we've been shite thus far and if we continue like this then I expect another 8th placing.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Nov 17 2014, 11:46 PM
Post #3

Allievi Nazionali

One week ago you said you'd got Honda wrong and he didn't have what it takes to play midfield. Now you've changed your tune?

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 18 2014, 12:51 AM
Post #4

Not really. I just said he'd perform better in the center. What I said about him a couple of weeks ago still holds.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Nov 18 2014, 01:08 AM
Post #5

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 17 2014, 11:51 PM) *
Not really. I just said he'd perform better in the center. What I said about him a couple of weeks ago still holds.

Centre of midfield, or centre of the attack?

Because he can't play the 'Pirlo' DLP role as you now recognise, he doesn't have the vision, ditto for the trequartista role.

I'd say central trequartista IS his best position but he'd be mediocre at it.

He reminds me of Boateng tbh - struggles to fit in anywhere because he doesn't have one especially strong attacking quality.

His one big asset is direct free kicks and individual shots. He's diabolical at corners, oddly, and he's not much better at set piece delivery from outside the box. He works hard too but then hard work doesn't win matches.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Nov 18 2014, 01:10 AM
Post #6

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 17 2014, 09:26 PM) *
I agree with your evaluations except for Menez and Honda. Yes, they've been bad a few games aside, but they actually do have what it takes to perform better. If Menez was played on the wing, told to stick to that position, not roam around and do whatever the hell he pleases like he's fucking Messi, and was also told to be less selfish, he'd be a good asset.

So basically if Menez had a headswap operation he'd be a decent signing? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Lopez and Alex have certainly been our best signings. Agazzi, Torres and Essien our worst.

The thing is, even if we play the best possible formation and line-up, and these players performed at 100%, we'd still be average to decent. Juve, Roma and Napoli have far better teams. The most we can achieve is the 3rd place, and that's if we perform excellently. However, we've been shite thus far and if we continue like this then I expect another 8th placing.

I think bottom 10 tbh. I think we're getting worse with every passing game. If it continues I'm deadly serious about relegation in future seasons.

From the lousy squad to Pippo's dire management to the hierarchy refusing to have ambition - it stinks from the inside all the way out.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Nov 18 2014, 01:27 AM
Post #7

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (Danny @ Nov 18 2014, 06:08 AM) *
He works hard too but then hard work doesn't win matches.

Hard work doesn't lose matches, either. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/innocent.gif) *cough* Bonera, Muntari *cough*

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 18 2014, 01:45 AM
Post #8

QUOTE (Danny @ Nov 18 2014, 01:08 AM) *
Centre of midfield, or centre of the attack?

Because he can't play the 'Pirlo' DLP role as you now recognise, he doesn't have the vision, ditto for the trequartista role.

I'd say central trequartista IS his best position but he'd be mediocre at it.

He reminds me of Boateng tbh - struggles to fit in anywhere because he doesn't have one especially strong attacking quality.

His one big asset is direct free kicks and individual shots. He's diabolical at corners, oddly, and he's not much better at set piece delivery from outside the box. He works hard too but then hard work doesn't win matches.

Either LCM or ACM for me would be OK. Sure, as you said, we'd be getting a mediocre trequartista, but it's better than having an appalling winger which he has been so far under Seedorf and Pippo.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Nov 20 2014, 09:31 PM
Post #9

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 18 2014, 02:51 AM) *

I really don't think so. Honda has no stamina while his passing is not precise enough to make that kind of an impact. So I don't think it would make any special difference.

I'm not gonna evaluate the new signings yet, because it's too early. But Armero is a mystery to me. Why did Inzaghi freeze him out? No clue.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 20 2014, 10:04 PM
Post #10

The guy played as AM at CSKA, and is played as AM for Japan. Yet both Seedorf and Pippo play him as winger, when he clearly sucks there. At least play him in his original position. If he sucks there too then bench him and play Bonaventura instead.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Nov 20 2014, 11:34 PM
Post #11

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 20 2014, 08:31 PM) *
I really don't think so. Honda has no stamina while his passing is not precise enough to make that kind of an impact. So I don't think it would make any special difference.

I'm not gonna evaluate the new signings yet, because it's too early. But Armero is a mystery to me. Why did Inzaghi freeze him out? No clue.

Surely 4 months isn't too early? August, September, October, November. If you can't make a judgement call after 16 weeks then guess there's no point ever making one.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 09:38 AM