post Oct 14 2010, 09:50 AM
Post #31

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,660

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 14 2010, 02:45 AM) *
??

You really think that?

Obv i'm joking but I think we'll win it.

Allegri has had some time to work with the squad and especially ronaldinho who didn't travel. Our build up should be smoother and if Pato/ibra/binho can finish, we'll easily be able to hit at least 3 on them.

But we'll see. Its all theoretical. Allegri could sh*t the bed and were just as bad as before.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 14 2010, 01:48 PM
Post #32

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 14 2010, 08:58 AM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Only you X-Off.

Ronaldo is just someone who can run really fast and hit a ball with power. His one trick poney act with the constant stepover just nauseates me.

Yes Dinho is a trickster. But he's a footballer before that, simply for the reasons you yourself mentioned above. At their best I'd pick Dinho over the fake Ronaldo anyday of the weak.

QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Oct 14 2010, 10:10 AM) *
He doesn't even compare to messi and your comparing him to ronaldinho? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Your statement is so redicilous that i'm in a state of shock right now. I'm going to let the others rip into you on this topic as i'm sure there are a few who feel your absoloutly crazy so All i'm going to say is If I were to say that to the people I'm currently mentoring under; they would straight out just laugh at me and think i've gone mad.

Ronaldinho in his prime vs Ronaldo in his prime? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

PS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AHaGIzZ1MA

First player ever to get a standing ovation in bernabeu. I'd love to see cry baby get the same treatment in camp nou.

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Oct 14 2010, 10:40 AM) *
And Ronaldo with his silly, unnecessary, show-off tricks and stepovers isn't?! LMAO (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

IMO, Ronaldinho at his very best (while wasn't better than the likes of Maradona, Zidane, etc) was second to none. certainly not to Ronaldo (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Nag nag nag...

Ronaldo won Manchester United the Champions League all by himself. Ronaldinho wasn't that impressive during Barça's victory in 2006, which would be his last successful year. His years at PSG were anonymous, and after the 2006 WC he went AWOL. So tell me, how could someone be considered a football legend if he managed to outshine the rest of his peers for only about 3-4 years? Ronaldo has been playing at high levels for a very long time, and he's still got his future ahead of him. He's an exemplary athlete, and without him Real would have flopped big time last season. OK, I admit that during his prime Dinho did some amazing stuff that maybe Ronaldo isn't capable of, but what about consistency? Zidane isn't considered a football legend because he shined during France 98. He played at high standards for his entire career. Dinho has called it quits from a while now. And he's "only" 30!

This post has been edited by X-Offender: Oct 14 2010, 01:54 PM

+Quote Post

acid911
post Oct 14 2010, 02:50 PM
Post #33

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 14 2010, 05:48 PM) *
Zidane isn't considered a football legend because he shined during France 98. He played at high standards for his entire career.

Yeah, but the only thing is that he didn't. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) He was a flop at the World Cup of France 98! People only seem to remember him because of his goals in the final match, and people think he was the main player of the team. For my money he was a much better club player than NT.

Clicky

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 14 2010, 03:01 PM
Post #34

QUOTE (acid911 @ Oct 14 2010, 03:50 PM) *
Yeah, but the only thing is that he didn't. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) He was a flop at the World Cup of France 98! People only seem to remember him because of his goals in the final match, and people think he was the main player of the team. For my money he was a much better club player than NT.

Clicky

Maybe you're right. But then again, he was great in 2006, headbutt aside.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Oct 14 2010, 03:27 PM
Post #35

Berretti

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 14 2010, 07:01 PM) *
Maybe you're right. But then again, he was great in 2006, headbutt aside.

Yeah, I'll give you that. He wasn't too hot in the first half of the campaign, the group stages. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) But he stepped up in the business end of the tournament, up till the final. I'd go as far as to say that France wouldn't have made it to the final if Zidane wasn't in the squad - he was that important to the team.

Overall, I rate his performances better in the club teams - in Juventus and Madrid, he was immense!

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 14 2010, 03:50 PM
Post #36

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 14 2010, 01:48 PM) *
Nag nag nag...

Ronaldo won Manchester United the Champions League all by himself. Ronaldinho wasn't that impressive during Barça's victory in 2006, which would be his last successful year. His years at PSG were anonymous, and after the 2006 WC he went AWOL. So tell me, how could someone be considered a football legend if he managed to outshine the rest of his peers for only about 3-4 years? Ronaldo has been playing at high levels for a very long time, and he's still got his future ahead of him. He's an exemplary athlete, and without him Real would have flopped big time last season. OK, I admit that during his prime Dinho did some amazing stuff that maybe Ronaldo isn't capable of, but what about consistency? Zidane isn't considered a football legend because he shined during France 98. He played at high standards for his entire career. Dinho has called it quits from a while now. And he's "only" 30!

You were talking about them as footballers, not their consistancy or longevity (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Dinho wins hands down as a footballer. Longevity? Obviosuly CR has the upper hand, Dinho lost his way, as we see happen with most Brazilians, maybe it's their mentality. But he's managed to work his way back, maybe not to the standards he set out, but that's because those standards were so rediculously high that no matter what he does now will pale in comparison.

C.Ron didn't win Man U the title by himself, don't build him up to be something he's not, Man U had a great all round squad when they won the CL, now if you want to talk about players winning their team the title talk about Kaka in 07, or Maradona leading Argentina to that WC practically single handedly. Not C.Ron with Man U (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

acid911
post Oct 14 2010, 04:15 PM
Post #37

Berretti

(IMG:http://i51.tinypic.com/10i8oqv.jpg)

Ooooh, I love this little fan talk before big matches! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Carry on sons, it gives the match up weight, and makes the occasion even more special. The thing with Ronaldinho is that even though his spark was too bright, it was too short lived. Few people can match his peak of 2002-2006, talent, creativity, and game reading skills. That and the fact that the Portuguese is physically well built, taller, and has a bigger, stronger frame which means he can make faster runs, dodge defenders, get up quickly when he falls down and still keep control on the ball, not to mention faster reflexes. But when it comes to pure talent, Ronaldinho wins it all. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Then again, pure, unadulterated talent gets you this far in professional football. He's 29 for Pete's sake, and looks, feels and moves 39.

Now if we compare Cristiano to the Real Ronaldo, then there isn't even much to write about between the two. That Brazilian wins hands down. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devil.gif) In case of R80, Cristiano has enough time to catch up with him, and part of that is because of Ronaldinho's own doing. He let himself down, flabby tummy, partying and all.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 14 2010, 04:22 PM
Post #38

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 14 2010, 04:50 PM) *
You were talking about them as footballers, not their consistancy or longevity (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Dinho wins hands down as a footballer. Longevity? Obviosuly CR has the upper hand, Dinho lost his way, as we see happen with most Brazilians, maybe it's their mentality. But he's managed to work his way back, maybe not to the standards he set out, but that's because those standards were so rediculously high that no matter what he does now will pale in comparison.

C.Ron didn't win Man U the title by himself, don't build him up to be something he's not, Man U had a great all round squad when they won the CL, now if you want to talk about players winning their team the title talk about Kaka in 07, or Maradona leading Argentina to that WC practically single handedly. Not C.Ron with Man U (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Consistency is part of being a great footballer, han. I explicitly stressed it in my previous post. Ronaldinho lost his will (along with everything else) when he flopped big time in the 2006 WC, and he's never been the same ever since.

QUOTE (acid911 @ Oct 14 2010, 05:15 PM) *
(IMG:http://i51.tinypic.com/10i8oqv.jpg)

Ooooh, I love this little fan talk before big matches! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Carry on sons, it gives the match up weight, and makes the occasion even more special. The thing with Ronaldinho is that even though his spark was too bright, it was too short lived. Few people can match his peak of 2002-2006, talent, creativity, and game reading skills. That and the fact that the Portuguese is physically well built, taller, and has a bigger, stronger frame which means he can make faster runs, dodge defenders, get up quickly when he falls down and still keep control on the ball, not to mention faster reflexes. But when it comes to pure talent, Ronaldinho wins it all. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Then again, pure, unadulterated talent gets you this far in professional football. He's 29 for Pete's sake, and looks, feels and moves 39.

Now if we compare Cristiano to the Real Ronaldo, then there isn't even much to write about between the two. That Brazilian wins hands down. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devil.gif) In case of R80, Cristiano has enough time to catch up with him, and part of that is because of Ronaldinho's own doing. He let himself down, flabby tummy, partying and all.

Exactly. Being talented means nothing if you can't live up to it. Look at Cassano, or Reccoba. Big talents but huge flops. Dinho wasn't a flop, he had his moments of huge glory, but it was short-lived.

By the way, Dinho made 30 in March, so don't say 29. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 14 2010, 04:44 PM
Post #39

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 14 2010, 04:22 PM) *
Consistency is part of being a great footballer, han. I explicitly stressed it in my previous post. Ronaldinho lost his will (along with everything else) when he flopped big time in the 2006 WC, and he's never been the same ever since.

What you were talking about in that first post was about their pure footballing talent. That imo has nothing to do with consistancy. And that is where Ronaldo doesn't even come close to Dinho.

Dinho had nearly more then 7 years of playing consistanly great football, the PSG years where still great years, maybe not at a top club but as a footballer he was still consistant. But for whatever reason Dinho did what we see most Brazialian doing these days, he got to the absolute top and decided that he didn't need to work at staying on the top. Those were the times I really couldn't stand him or the hype around him.But the reason I respect him now is that he's worked himself back into shape and is still delivering the goods at a top European club. Like I said no one will be satisfied because we all know what he did during his best years, that imo is a testament to how really good he was.

As for C.Ron, imo he's the better athlete of the 2 no question about it. Whether he'll be able to sustain such physical shape still remains to be seen. he's still young so we'll see.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Oct 14 2010, 04:47 PM
Post #40

Berretti

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 14 2010, 08:22 PM) *
Exactly. Being talented means nothing if you can't live up to it. Look at Cassano, or Reccoba. Big talents but huge flops. Dinho wasn't a flop, he had his moments of huge glory, but it was short-lived.

True, that. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) If we had the technology to make perfect (and similar) clones of both players, but give their respective talents to each players, Ronaldinho will take it quite easily. Give him physique, physical strength and will (let's admit it, Cristiano has more of it now), make them the same age, say 25, and pitch them against each other, bucktooth will have his number.

But what X-Off is on here is that this isn't the case. Ronaldinho has fallen from the high branch and frankly that's the reason he is here, even Ibra, Milan likes to get players that are off their peak form and fitness, and we get them cheap, try and recondition them and hope the gamble pays off. I'm sure everyone knows and understand this, but see this Football-Italia piece on Top Foreign Plays to Play In Seria A:

A second approach is the one currently being adopted by Milan. Rather than try to go for an untested youth who might explode or a superstar with a price-tag to match, they have been dipping into the bargain bucket. A bit like an eagle-eyed shopper at the sales, they have been quick to pounce on other people’s cast-offs. It doesn’t always work out, of course, but the sums appear to add up in the deals for the likes of Robinho and Ibrahimovic. With big-spending clubs keen to cut their losses and meet squad size requirements there is always a potential deal or two to be done.

Once again, however, this approach has to come with a health warning. Many of these players are discarded for a reason – perhaps their character, injury-prone physique or plunging form. Whatever the cause, they represent as much of a gamble as an unknown teenager. They also have the extra downside of being potentially much higher profile mistakes.

Source

In essence, he is a discarded player, and if he wasn't I doubt we'd have been able to get his signature this easily. This also means that if my life depended on it, I'd put my money on Cristiano (even though I don't like that fella that much) than Ronaldinho to give a good performance over a stretch of matches. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) And this is precisely the reason why I am keenly anticipating this match to see which player leads his side through. The WC match of Brazil against Portugal was another one that had the potential of a lifetime (Kaka vs Cristiano in national colors), but that was a dab downer.

As of this writing, I still consider Ronaldinho the better player overall (looking at their career) than Cristiano, but the Portuguese is closing the gap. And fast. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) He isn't there yet, surely, but another four years at the top flight, with a CL win at the Real Madrid, and they'll be even. Cristiano is immense, guys, love him or hate him, he just lacks the patience and experience, which Ronaldinho got at a young age. The only edge R80 will have now is if we were playing park futsal with 6 players a side. A slow tempo game, with not much of a pressure situation.

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 14 2010, 08:22 PM) *
By the way, Dinho made 30 in March, so don't say 29.

Oh jolly good then, I'm not too big a fan of his (though appreciate the fact that he is playing for our club, and gives good performance more often than not), been years since I've visited his wiki page, never paid attention to his date of birth, so thanks for clearing that up. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/innocent.gif) 30 he is, then!

+Quote Post

samira
post Oct 14 2010, 04:49 PM
Post #41

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,087

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 13 2010, 04:38 PM) *
They actually have Granero and Canales for that role.

Granero is more CM i guess and Canales is away for loan

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Oct 14 2010, 04:53 PM
Post #42

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 558

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 14 2010, 04:44 PM) *
What you were talking about in that first post was about their pure footballing talent. That imo has nothing to do with consistancy. And that is where Ronaldo doesn't even come close to Dinho.

Dinho had nearly more then 7 years of playing consistanly great football, the PSG years where still great years, maybe not at a top club but as a footballer he was still consistant. But for whatever reason Dinho did what we see most Brazialian doing these days, he got to the absolute top and decided that he didn't need to work at staying on the top. Those were the times I really couldn't stand him or the hype around him.But the reason I respect him now is that he's worked himself back into shape and is still delivering the goods at a top European club. Like I said no one will be satisfied because we all know what he did during his best years, that imo is a testament to how really good he was.

As for C.Ron, imo he's the better athlete of the 2 no question about it. Whether he'll be able to sustain such physical shape still remains to be seen. he's still young so we'll see.

Kaka at his peak was better than the pair of them! He didn't need silly party pieces or 100 stepovers a minute to beat players but he could influence a game by sheer brilliance. His goal against Manu when he left the 2 Utd players on their a55es and made them look like amateurs proved that. Sheer genius.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 14 2010, 05:05 PM
Post #43

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 14 2010, 05:44 PM) *

Comparing his last three years to his prime Barça years will always be a topic of debate. It's like, he was this great footballer that hooked the whole world, but then the next day he just disappeared. Dinho might be playing for a top European club right now, but how many people from the other European leagues know what he's up to? He's failed to impress, and he's become just a normal player. If you ask me, that's got "fail" written all over it. Even the original Ronaldo, despite his struggles with injuries and his current conditions, managed to perform for about 8-9 years at high levels.

QUOTE (samira @ Oct 14 2010, 05:49 PM) *
Granero is more CM i guess and Canales is away for loan

Dude, what? Canales is not away for loan. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

+Quote Post

acid911
post Oct 14 2010, 05:28 PM
Post #44

Berretti

QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Oct 14 2010, 08:53 PM) *
Kaka at his peak was better than the pair of them! He didn't need silly party pieces or 100 stepovers a minute to beat players but he could influence a game by sheer brilliance. His goal against Manu when he left the 2 Utd players on their a55es and made them look like amateurs proved that. Sheer genius.

Word. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Kaka was a cut above both these fellows. He had class written over his runs, and did not need fancy tricks to get past defenders. Then again, his recent bad luck with injuries means there is yet a mark in his negative column. In a perfect world, though, Kaka would be owning both these players over and over again.

+Quote Post

samira
post Oct 14 2010, 05:34 PM
Post #45

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,087

Isn't he on loan for Racing Santander

+Quote Post

27 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 12:24 AM