X-Offender
post Aug 6 2016, 01:24 PM
Post #242

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 6 2016, 10:03 AM) *
Lot of baggage? Who?

Vergara, Matri, possibly Ely and Luiz Adriano. Not a lot, though.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Aug 6 2016, 01:36 PM
Post #243

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

Yeah. And for the first time we don't have a superbig squad. So even if all the baggage leaves, we'll be needing additional rotation players. I know Han is obsessed with details, but if you ask me, it's completely irrelevant if our 4th striker is Matri, Adriano, Lucarelli or some other guy. Surely we won't have the resources to bring in Costa as 4th fiddle, so...

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 6 2016, 03:43 PM
Post #244

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 6 2016, 01:24 PM) *
Vergara, Matri, possibly Ely and Luiz Adriano. Not a lot, though.

I would add Honda, Mauri, Poli and even Berto to that list.

Our current squad has 28 players, that's too much for having to play a single competition and a couple of Coppa games.

Our entire midfield is made up of useless players who bring nothing to the team.

That's basically 8 players we should be working on loaning/selling ASAP. And some of those guys are getting paid well to do nothing as well, let's not forget that (Thanks again Galliani)

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 6 2016, 01:36 PM) *
Yeah. And for the first time we don't have a superbig squad. So even if all the baggage leaves, we'll be needing additional rotation players. I know Han is obsessed with details, but if you ask me, it's completely irrelevant if our 4th striker is Matri, Adriano, Lucarelli or some other guy. Surely we won't have the resources to bring in Costa as 4th fiddle, so...

I'd say a 28 player roster is still pretty big. Sure it's a minor detail, but when nearly your entire roster is filled with players who don't contribute much to the team than that small detail becomes a bigger one.

We need to sign 3 to 4 new players to compete for the European spots next season.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Aug 6 2016, 04:09 PM
Post #245

Primavera
Group Icon

But you don't have to be concerned by sheer numbers and names. Look at it this way: at the moment, Milan has 9 midfielders on paycheck. One is still half a kid (Locatelli). If we sign new midfielders, we should think about offloading one or two. But otherwise, what would be the point in downsizing bench players like Poli and Mauri? We still need that kind of quantity available to cover for various suspensions and injuries. I don't think that at the moment we can afford nor even think about more luxurious/better bench players. So what's the point with all that counting and offloading baggage? I won't bring us far, I fail to see the relevance?

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Aug 6 2016, 04:25 PM
Post #246

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 6 2016, 07:09 PM) *
But you don't have to be concerned by sheer numbers and names. Look at it this way: at the moment, Milan has 9 midfielders on paycheck. One is still half a kid (Locatelli). If we sign new midfielders, we should think about offloading one or two. But otherwise, what would be the point in downsizing bench players like Poli and Mauri? We still need that kind of quantity available to cover for various suspensions and injuries. I don't think that at the moment we can afford nor even think about more luxurious/better bench players. So what's the point with all that counting and offloading baggage? I won't bring us far, I fail to see the relevance?

Same here, bring us one star player and two good ones and see what needs changing in the winter.

Each player we have will have to put in 120% to ensure the club don't replace him with a Messi.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 6 2016, 06:00 PM
Post #247

QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 6 2016, 03:43 PM) *
I would add Honda, Mauri, Poli and even Berto to that list.

Our current squad has 28 players, that's too much for having to play a single competition and a couple of Coppa games.

Our entire midfield is made up of useless players who bring nothing to the team.

That's basically 8 players we should be working on loaning/selling ASAP. And some of those guys are getting paid well to do nothing as well, let's not forget that (Thanks again Galliani)

You're dreaming if you think guys like Honda and Bertolacci are considered excess baggage in this club. For you, yes, but not for Montella or the management. Mauri and Poli, too, are decent rotational players.

The point is that you want a complete overhaul in midfield, but that's not gonna happen, at least not this summer. So, for the time being think minimal, e.g. Kovacic on loan, and hope that Montella's tactics will bring some fresh ideas within our game.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 6 2016, 08:27 PM
Post #248

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 6 2016, 06:00 PM) *
You're dreaming if you think guys like Honda and Bertolacci are considered excess baggage in this club. For you, yes, but not for Montella or the management. Mauri and Poli, too, are decent rotational players.

The point is that you want a complete overhaul in midfield, but that's not gonna happen, at least not this summer. So, for the time being think minimal, e.g. Kovacic on loan, and hope that Montella's tactics will bring some fresh ideas within our game.

Read that Real want to keep Kovacic (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

We're being linked to Fiorentina's Badelj now...

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Aug 8 2016, 10:20 AM
Post #249

Primavera
Group Icon

Should we open fresh season threads?

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 8 2016, 03:33 PM
Post #250

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 8 2016, 10:20 AM) *
Should we open fresh season threads?

Sure, or we can maybe emend the titles of the current threads since they're so small?

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 8 2016, 04:57 PM
Post #251

I think you should open one Serie A topic and another one for all the other leagues combined. That should be more than enough.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Aug 8 2016, 05:10 PM
Post #252

Primavera
Group Icon

Really? I think that could end up with a mess. I'd rather refresh the old one, like Han suggested.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 8 2016, 05:39 PM
Post #253

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

I find you two are bickering a lot lately... I hope it doesn't end in divorce (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cry.gif)

I'll refresh the old ones, not like the Serie A thread has much posts anyway

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 8 2016, 10:23 PM
Post #254

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 8 2016, 05:10 PM) *
Really? I think that could end up with a mess. I'd rather refresh the old one, like Han suggested.

La Liga, Bindesliga and Ligue 1 have barely 20 posts altogether. But do as you wish.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Aug 8 2016, 10:50 PM
Post #255

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 9 2016, 12:23 AM) *
La Liga, Bindesliga and Ligue 1 have barely 20 posts altogether. But do as you wish.

Perhaps. But then they'll just got messed up with all the EPL talk.

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 03:21 PM