Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [EN] Premier League 2014-15

Danny
post Jan 8 2015, 04:00 PM
Post #256

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

Neither Messi nor Ronaldo will ever return to their roots as wingers as they've evolved into complete forwards. Players who have the complete package. Hamstring them by taking away their freedom and you'd reduce their contribution in matches.

Indeed, their roles are a modern and unique position - until Suarez seriously emerged last season Ron and Messi were the only two on earth who filled that role. Some would make a case for Neymar but he's got some way to go to be considered in their breath.

But you absolutely cannot have two of these guys (or even more) in the same team. Doesn't work, and it's being seen with Suarez playing second fiddle to Messi. They cannot help their own instincts and end up cancelling each other out.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 8 2015, 05:15 PM
Post #257

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

How many has Suarez scored this season? I haven't really been following so I can't really say anything on the matter, but has he really been that bad at Barca? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jan 8 2015, 05:43 PM
Post #258

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Danny @ Jan 8 2015, 04:00 PM) *
Neither Messi nor Ronaldo will ever return to their roots as wingers as they've evolved into complete forwards. Players who have the complete package. Hamstring them by taking away their freedom and you'd reduce their contribution in matches.

Well, technically Ronaldo is still a winger. He mostly starts from the left. Messi has been playing centrally (the so-called "false nine") for some time now. Yes, they both are complete, all-around forwards, but they have different roles in their teams.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jan 8 2015, 08:50 PM
Post #259

Allievi Nazionali

Even weirder than the positions Messi and Ronaldo fill is today's breaking story that Frank Lampard never signed for New York City. Turns out his deal was with Man City permanently. Despite taking part in promotions for NYSCFC and stating himself he was going there.

One of the strangest stories in recent modern football.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jan 8 2015, 08:51 PM
Post #260

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 8 2015, 04:15 PM) *
How many has Suarez scored this season? I haven't really been following so I can't really say anything on the matter, but has he really been that bad at Barca? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

He was sensational at Liverpool last season, we can agree on that. Problem is he hasn't had the same impact at Barca, and for 75M you'd expect him to. But I didn't - because I didn't see how he could fit in with Messi.

Think he's scored once.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jan 8 2015, 11:28 PM
Post #261

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Danny @ Jan 8 2015, 08:51 PM) *
He was sensational at Liverpool last season, we can agree on that. Problem is he hasn't had the same impact at Barca, and for 75M you'd expect him to. But I didn't - because I didn't see how he could fit in with Messi.

Think he's scored once.

Well, he WAS Liverpool last season. As close to an Ibra/Ronaldo/Messi I've seen an individual player being for his team

But I really don't think it's that cut and dry, I know he's been played as a winger, that has to be the main culprit. I do think that he can co-exist with Messi, I just don't think Messi's ego can co-exist with him. Think back to Ibra and you have the same issue.

I don't even get why Barca bother to sign top strikers

For example, I think Suarez would have been an even bigger monster than he was last season at Real, and they have Ronaldo and Bale there

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jan 9 2015, 08:56 AM
Post #262

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

QUOTE (Danny @ Jan 8 2015, 11:50 PM) *
Even weirder than the positions Messi and Ronaldo fill is today's breaking story that Frank Lampard never signed for New York City. Turns out his deal was with Man City permanently. Despite taking part in promotions for NYSCFC and stating himself he was going there.

One of the strangest stories in recent modern football.

He signed with City's holding company, the same owns ny club and the aussie club. It was done this way as City had restrictions because of FFP. IIRC he doesn't have a permanent deal in place with City, just that his wages arn't paid by City the club.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jan 9 2015, 12:49 PM
Post #263

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jan 9 2015, 07:56 AM) *
He signed with City's holding company, the same owns ny club and the aussie club. It was done this way as City had restrictions because of FFP. IIRC he doesn't have a permanent deal in place with City, just that his wages arn't paid by City the club.

I know all this, the problem is it was promoted as a New York signing. Even Lampard said he was going to New York. He was pictured holding their scarf. PS he does have a permanent deal with City. Short term, but EPL announced that's who he's registered with and no one else.

This has been incredibly damaging for the MLS.

Great irony is it's had little coverage here in the UK. If it had been City he'd signed for but New York he was playing at it would be a sensational scandal all over the front and back pages. But because it doesn't affect an English club to the negative, it's borderline been swept under the carpet.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jan 10 2015, 11:53 PM
Post #264

Allievi Nazionali

Ronaldo being a bit precious. Bale through on goal and did what any top class forward does, he went for goal, and flubbed his lines.

Cue Ronaldo throwing a hissy fit and the media branding Bale a ball hog when pretty plainly most strikers would have gone for goal in that situaiton.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Feb 3 2015, 03:47 PM
Post #265

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

Redknapp walks out. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

After failing to buy his way to safety the last time they were up, not being able to sign anyone at all he walks out. So now the new manager and the club cant sign anyone, but then again we all know Redknapp cares not at all for the clubs he manages.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Feb 3 2015, 03:57 PM
Post #266

Allievi Nazionali

Love the reason. A knee operation.

Aye ok Harry. I do like the guy but what a total lie that is!

Now mercs like Ferdinand, Barton, SWP, Dunne, Zamora et al are stuck there. Pretty sure they aren't overly bothered given their wages.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Mar 1 2015, 12:41 AM
Post #267

Allievi Nazionali

Villa apparently having their worst run in 50 years. Sherwood sure fixed their problems!

Kurt has it as bad as me.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Mar 1 2015, 07:15 AM
Post #268

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (Danny @ Mar 1 2015, 01:41 AM) *
Villa apparently having their worst run in 50 years. Sherwood sure fixed their problems!

Kurt has it as bad as me.

He's only been there 2 games, it will take a while to fix the problems Lambert has stuffed the club with. Oh well. RIP.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Mar 17 2015, 10:45 AM
Post #269

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

When was the last time the five most prestigious English clubs were in the first five positions, and so close? Can't even remember.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Apr 20 2015, 10:39 AM
Post #270

Prima Squadra

So apparently it's been reported that Klopp will take over as manager of Liverpool next season. Odd really. He managed to be in 10th in a one team league.

Apparently van Gaal is being considered a success. He took over a squad that won the league in 12-13, spent £200m and is nowhere near the title. Result! He's spectacularly failed.

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 16 17 18 19 20 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 02:08 PM