Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [IT] Serie A 2015-16

Danny
post Aug 31 2015, 01:33 PM
Post #46

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

PS Chelsea lining up an 80M bid now apparently.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 31 2015, 05:17 PM
Post #47

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 30 2015, 09:31 PM) *
Milan target Baselli doing very well at the moment for Torino. Two goals and good performances overall.

That's what I've been talking about: you can have a less creative and more working oriented midfield but still produce chances and play well. Milan simply fails at this because of the players mentality.

You can't compare a big club with a team like Toro, everything is different, the way the team approaches games, the tactics, the system, etc.

Why does a player like Cerci excel at Toro but fails miserably at every top club he's gone to? Why do strikers like Gila, Matri, Di Vaio, Pazzini, Tavano, etc excel at their mid level clubs where service and opportunities are at a premium but are generally lacklustre at bigger clubs with better players behind them where they are given more to play off of?

Toro play a certain way, they are generally a counterattacking side. Meaning when they do attack they have more space to work in. At Milan we're trying to play a possession based system when we don't have the players for it. It's why Bertolacci for example looks seriously terrible, because he's not a good passer or a visionary on the ball. He's great at vertical runs into space and being the extra man in the box, but when it comes to possession football he's more of a liability for us.

Sure you're right, it has to do with mentality as well. But for me the major problem is that Silvio wants the team to play in a certain way when we don't have the players for it. His little mind that's stuck in the 80s still thinks that playing attractive football has all to do with the attack. But that's imo the least important factor in it. This is the guy who admires Pep and his past Barca side. How can you watch that team play and still think that midfield is not the most crucial department for any top side is beyond me.

And btw, we can thank Allegri for this idea of by-passing the midfield to score, because this has been going on since his first season with us, only back then we could punt the ball in the general direction of Ibra and he'd do the rest

QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 30 2015, 10:01 PM) *
Really?

Whole of last season:

Pogba: 9 goals, 6 assists, 83% passing accuracy.

Vidal: 8, 4, 84%

About the same - sell Pogba like Han said and get far more cash from, and I know few share this view, but the idiotic clubs who overate him.

I personally don't think it's an issue of overrating him, for me Pogba is one of the best young talents out there and at his age also one of the best in the world at what he does as well.

However, as I said, Juve will lose him anyway, it did not make sense to sell Vidal, one of their most important players, for so little when they could have probably made triple that for Pogba, who they will end up selling next summer anyway

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 30 2015, 11:53 PM) *
Maybe not 10 years, but why not 6-7? Kaká stayed with us for 7 seasons despite many lucrative offers. Same with Sheva.

Do you really have to ask that question? Fillipo answered it best. What top player in today's football wants Serie A over England or Spain, or heck even Germany when Bayern come calling

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 31 2015, 05:36 PM
Post #48

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

You all make it sound so simple...

+Quote Post

acid911
post Aug 31 2015, 05:41 PM
Post #49

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 31 2015, 10:36 PM) *
You all make it sound so simple...

To be honest, it's not all terribly complicated, either. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 31 2015, 05:44 PM
Post #50

Juventus are a top club. Who gives a sh*t what offers come from England or Spain! Unlike Tevez, Pogba is a project for them, the kind of talent you build your team around. And it's not like they're in desperate need for money. If offers of +100M come though, who wouldn't accept? You could sign 3-4 top players and rebuild your team from scratch, like they did after they sold Zidane.

It's a win-win situation for them. Hence, why they kept him instead of Vidal.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Aug 31 2015, 05:56 PM
Post #51

Berretti

Exactly. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif) The only concern is though that these mega offers might not come, if Pogba has a less than stellar season or two. They had their chance this year, but decided to keep him. And like with Shaarawy, these young players are hyped up quickly and can see their market value falter after an ordinary season.

Be interesting to see which way Pogba goes this season.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 31 2015, 07:31 PM
Post #52

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Inter just signed Ljajic today as well.

Hmm, so Mancini got rid of all their creative mids and seems to want the creativity to come from the attackers. Sort of replicating what he had at City there

@ acid, I wouldn't use Shaaawy and Pogba in the same sentence. They're world aparts in terms of quality. Pogba might struggle a bit more this season since he's suddenly the main man and the other guuys that also helped him look so good are gone, but he's still a top class talent and I don't think anyone comes anywhere close to him right now in football. Maybe Verratti when talking about that age range and level of talent

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 31 2015, 07:45 PM
Post #53

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 31 2015, 07:31 PM) *
I wouldn't use Shaaawy and Pogba in the same sentence. They're world aparts in terms of quality.

The first statement using those two names we've ever agreed on. I might not rate Pogba anything like you guys but he pisses all over SEFS.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Aug 31 2015, 08:44 PM
Post #54

Berretti

No comparison between both, but Pogba has it easy, being a midfielder and all. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) People don't worry about their statistics, goals, assists and things like that. Same goes for Verratti, and while I rate both these as better than what El Shaarawy brought to the table, Pogba is going to find it tough this season.

For the reasons you mentioned, and also because of his hype, which might make teams focus more on him.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 31 2015, 09:15 PM
Post #55

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (acid911 @ Aug 31 2015, 08:44 PM) *
No comparison between both, but Pogba has it easy, being a midfielder and all. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) People don't worry about their statistics, goals, assists and things like that. Same goes for Verratti, and while I rate both these as better than what El Shaarawy brought to the table, Pogba is going to find it tough this season.

For the reasons you mentioned, and also because of his hype, which might make teams focus more on him.

The great players cope with that. He's not a great player. He's a good player thoroughly overrated.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Aug 31 2015, 09:19 PM
Post #56

Berretti

QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 1 2015, 02:15 AM) *
The great players cope with that. He's not a great player. He's a good player thoroughly overrated.

My feelings exactly. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) Thoroughly overrated is the best possible description for him now, and I'm curious when (or if) he makes the jump to the next level and start dominating matches as some expect him to. Maybe this season? Or maybe in another club, with a more solid environment in terms of talent and teammates.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 31 2015, 10:35 PM
Post #57

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

I disagree with the statement that he's overrated. I don't think he is, at all

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 31 2015, 11:07 PM
Post #58

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Just to lift the spirits a bit

(IMG:http://i57.tinypic.com/2mqt5d2.jpg)

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 1 2015, 12:19 AM
Post #59

Someone should do the same for us.

Kondogbia -> Witsel -> Kucka

And anyway, Hernanes is still a decent player that we'd kill for.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Sep 1 2015, 12:38 AM
Post #60

Allievi Nazionali

Why do I have the feeling Inter might actually be serious title contenders this season?

They've quietly done well in the window, have two wins from two, and just seem like they're well-managed and nicely balanced.

I think, from absolutely nowhere, they might just be the ones to watch out for this season, and not Juve.

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 02:32 PM