> Serie A - Week 1 - Milan - Torino, Date: 21/08/16 Time: 18:00 CET

han2503
post Aug 18 2016, 08:20 PM
Post #1

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

With reportedly less than 10,000 season tickets sold and basically the same team as last season going out there to commence the new one, this will be a bit of a drag I reckon.

Hopefully Montella can pull something special and maybe one last signing that can really contribute to the team and we can hold on until January.

So let's try to start it off on good footing
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 18 2016, 10:48 PM
Post #2

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

Mediaset probable line-up: Donnarumma; Abate, Gustavo Gomez, Romagnoli, De Sciglio; Bertolacci, Montolivo, Bonaventura; Suso, Bacca, Niang.

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Aug 19 2016, 08:44 AM
Post #3

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,786

Season tickets sold in the last 30 years.

https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0...amp;oe=5845169E

Wow in 92/93 we sold more than 70k tickets.

Probable lineups for ‪#MilanTorino‬ according to GdS.

https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0...amp;oe=5848C7C3

Milan are unbeaten against Torino in Serie A since 2001, winning 10 and drawing seven. Also Torino have not defeated Milan at San Siro since March 1985 (1-0); since then there have been 14 wins for the Rossoneri and 6 draws.#FourFourTwo

Milan have won only one of their last five Serie A season opening games, losing three and drawing one. #FourFourTwo

+Quote Post

William405
post Aug 19 2016, 10:01 AM
Post #4

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 19 2016, 12:48 AM) *
Mediaset probable line-up: Donnarumma; Abate, Gustavo Gomez, Romagnoli, De Sciglio; Bertolacci, Montolivo, Bonaventura; Suso, Bacca, Niang.

Honestly, the formation is fine. I don't know if this formation will work for us given that the midfield isn't the best. It would require as usual..high work-rate from Suso and Niang. The defensive line is the best we can put out there except for Gomez who is still a question mark.

It will all depend on how we play it. Let's see, I'm excited that the season will start, but fairly cautious that it might turn out a disappointment like the last one.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 19 2016, 10:04 AM
Post #5

My only hopes lie with Montella.

+Quote Post

William405
post Aug 19 2016, 10:04 AM
Post #6

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Aug 19 2016, 10:44 AM) *
Season tickets sold in the last 30 years.

https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0...amp;oe=5845169E

Wow in 92/93 we sold more than 70k tickets.

Probable lineups for ‪#MilanTorino‬ according to GdS.

https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0...amp;oe=5848C7C3

Milan are unbeaten against Torino in Serie A since 2001, winning 10 and drawing seven. Also Torino have not defeated Milan at San Siro since March 1985 (1-0); since then there have been 14 wins for the Rossoneri and 6 draws.#FourFourTwo

Milan have won only one of their last five Serie A season opening games, losing three and drawing one. #FourFourTwo

Thanks for sharing this. It's actually really interesting to see that people back then bought much more season tickets! This season is an all time low though. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

I have a question, how do season tickets exactly work? Do you buy one, and you get discounts for home games?

Thanks for the information on the history of the two teams. I'm sure Mihalovic wants revenge.

Cheers.

+Quote Post

William405
post Aug 19 2016, 10:05 AM
Post #7

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 19 2016, 12:04 PM) *
My only hopes lie with Montella.

Yes. Same for me.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 19 2016, 11:05 AM
Post #8

Looks like Paletta might play instead of Gomez.

QUOTE (William405 @ Aug 19 2016, 10:04 AM) *
I have a question, how do season tickets exactly work? Do you buy one, and you get discounts for home games?

Exactly. You pay a specific amount for all home games and you practically get discounted tickets for every match.

+Quote Post

William405
post Aug 19 2016, 12:16 PM
Post #9

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 19 2016, 01:05 PM) *
Looks like Paletta might play instead of Gomez.

Exactly. You pay a specific amount for all home games and you practically get discounted tickets for every match.

Aha! Thanks. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

+Quote Post

Ry4n
post Aug 20 2016, 11:02 PM
Post #10

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 932

Prediction 2-0

+Quote Post

maldini03
post Aug 21 2016, 01:43 PM
Post #11

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 2,029

I hope we can get a win here, but I have to say it is rather disappointing to see pretty much the same team out there that we saw last year with a few minor tweaks. One of the best parts of the beginning of a new season is checking out the new players that have come in and this year we don't have anyone who is super exciting.

That being said, we are on the path to rebuilding this team and I hope that Montella begins to integrate the younger players. Donnaruma, Romag, Gomez, Calabria, MDS, Locatelli, Suso and Niang are all young promising players who can hopefully take this opportunity of more playing time to develop into better and more well rounded players. To me the internal growth and development of those players is key in establishing a dominant team.

I hope we get out to a good start against Torino, I predict a 2-1 win with Bacca scoring both. I think he will actually have a solid season playing with the two wings and the team essentially built to support him.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Aug 21 2016, 02:52 PM
Post #12

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

QUOTE (maldini03 @ Aug 21 2016, 08:13 PM) *
I hope we can get a win here, but I have to say it is rather disappointing to see pretty much the same team out there that we saw last year with a few minor tweaks. One of the best parts of the beginning of a new season is checking out the new players that have come in and this year we don't have anyone who is super exciting.

That being said, we are on the path to rebuilding this team and I hope that Montella begins to integrate the younger players. Donnaruma, Romag, Gomez, Calabria, MDS, Locatelli, Suso and Niang are all young promising players who can hopefully take this opportunity of more playing time to develop into better and more well rounded players. To me the internal growth and development of those players is key in establishing a dominant team.

I hope we get out to a good start against Torino, I predict a 2-1 win with Bacca scoring both. I think he will actually have a solid season playing with the two wings and the team essentially built to support him.

I agree with you. In terms of potential, we've got one of the best sides in Italy, and probably are in the top 10 of Europe. Where we're missing quality is in the midfield.

To be honest, Montella hit the nail on the head in his press conference, when he joked that he'd asked for Iniesta. He's one of the best players in history- true, but that type of player is what we sorely lack. In my opinion, it's impossible to get a player like that in today's market with inflated prices.

I'd prefer we get a strong pure holding midfielder with ball skills - my pic would be Mikel. And then free up Bertolacci while having Kucka play a role not too disimilar to what Kante did for Leicester.

I know. It's weird how much hope I retain for Berto. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

But my formation:

-----------Back 4--------------
------------Holder-------------
----Berto-----------Kucka-----
---Suso/Honda------Niang-----
---------------Bacca-------------

Our style would differ drastically depending on if Honda or Suso played. But we would have a better control in midfield I think - if we pushed Berto to the right (he's naturally left footed) and Kucka to the left. Kucka drives down like a train and can ping balls off our fullback and with the slinky Niang on his side, our flank overloads should hypothetically give Bacca a hard-on.

The critical piece here is our Holder Mid. He has to play an auxilliary CB at times and also release the ball very quickly to escape pressing. Which is why I think Mikel would do very well. He has no space at Chelsea with Fabregas doing the same.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 21 2016, 04:00 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Aug 21 2016, 02:52 PM) *
I agree with you. In terms of potential, we've got one of the best sides in Italy, and probably are in the top 10 of Europe. Where we're missing quality is in the midfield.

To be honest, Montella hit the nail on the head in his press conference, when he joked that he'd asked for Iniesta. He's one of the best players in history- true, but that type of player is what we sorely lack. In my opinion, it's impossible to get a player like that in today's market with inflated prices.

I'd prefer we get a strong pure holding midfielder with ball skills - my pic would be Mikel. And then free up Bertolacci while having Kucka play a role not too disimilar to what Kante did for Leicester.

I know. It's weird how much hope I retain for Berto. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

But my formation:

Our style would differ drastically depending on if Honda or Suso played. But we would have a better control in midfield I think - if we pushed Berto to the right (he's naturally left footed) and Kucka to the left. Kucka drives down like a train and can ping balls off our fullback and with the slinky Niang on his side, our flank overloads should hypothetically give Bacca a hard-on.

The critical piece here is our Holder Mid. He has to play an auxilliary CB at times and also release the ball very quickly to escape pressing. Which is why I think Mikel would do very well. He has no space at Chelsea with Fabregas doing the same.

Only problem is that both Kucka and Bertolacci are completely average, and Niang is unwatchable on the wing. But yeah, all we need is a holding mid. 😑

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Aug 21 2016, 04:41 PM
Post #14

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,786

Official line-up:
(4-3-3): Donnarumma; Abate, Paletta, Romagnoli, Antonelli; Kucka, Montolivo, Bonaventura; Suso, Bacca, Niang.

Bench:
Gabriel, Lopez, Ely, Gomez, Calabria, Vangioni, De Sciglio, Bertolacci, Locatelli, Honda, Poli, Luiz Adriano

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 21 2016, 04:50 PM
Post #15

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Aug 21 2016, 02:52 PM) *

But my formation:

We need a regista more than a holding mid. Someone who will dictate the play, Monto is the only one capable of sort of doing that which is why we have so many problems in this area because he's not good enough at it. We need a Xavi not an Iniesta and this has been the case for a while. That's why I think that if we're going after a stop-gap solution that has to be Schweinsteiger and not a Mikel type.

Also, Kucka and Bertolacci are both pretty terrible. If I had the say in this I wouldn't want them anywhere near the first team. Bertolacci is weak on the ball and pretty much doesn't contribute anything of note to the team, while Kucka plays like he thinks he's Iniesta but he really is Kucka.

Same problem with Honda, he's terribly weak on the ball and slow on top of that. so that gets to be problematic especially when he's trying to duke it out with Serie A FBs on the wing.

I don't think 4-3-3 will really work for us in the long run. We've started each season using a 4-3-3 and ended up reverting to something else.

Montella is interesting because the formation in his system is secondary and doesn't really dictate much. But his system does rely heavily on having a competent midfield which we do not have.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 06:05 AM