han2503
post Oct 28 2014, 01:38 PM
Post #211

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Oct 27 2014, 11:00 PM) *
Our current run is the worst I have ever seen by any club in the Premier League. I've included the Liverpool game to show just how long it's been since we scored

Liverpool 0-1 Villa (we scored 9th minute)
Villa 0-3 Arsenal
Chelsea 3-0 Villa
Villa 0-2 Man City
Everton 3-0 Villa
QPR 2-0 Villa

People can say we had it tough. Man City aren't that great. Everton were bottom 5 before they played us and QPR were bottom.

Spurs next, who we routinely lose 4-0 to.

Still that's a rough run of games. Arsenal, Chelsea and City right after each other can't be easy to go through
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 1 2014, 07:48 PM
Post #212

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

Liverpool have really been shite so far. 4 wins, 2 draws and 4 losses. And Balo has scored 0 in 7 presences so far. Love it.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Nov 1 2014, 08:08 PM
Post #213

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 1 2014, 08:48 PM) *
Liverpool have really been shite so far. 4 wins, 2 draws and 4 losses. And Balo has scored 0 in 7 presences so far. Love it.

They were so, so poor today.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 2 2014, 10:01 AM
Post #214

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 1 2014, 07:48 PM) *

During the game they showed an image of where he made touches with the ball during the second half, only once in the penalty area and 2 on the wings, all the others were in Liverpool's half

I'm not saying he hasn't been utter cr@p because he has, but the point here is so is the rest of the team. But at least when we were playing like this last season (which was most of the games) he'd pop up with some ridiculous goal that would win us points

+Quote Post

Danny
post Nov 2 2014, 12:51 PM
Post #215

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 2 2014, 09:01 AM) *
During the game they showed an image of where he made touches with the ball during the second half, only once in the penalty area and 2 on the wings, all the others were in Liverpool's half

I'm not saying he hasn't been utter cr@p because he has, but the point here is so is the rest of the team. But at least when we were playing like this last season (which was most of the games) he'd pop up with some ridiculous goal that would win us points

He had 7 touches or so in the second half in the opposition half.

Thing is, the only literal difference between Liverpool this season and last has been Suarez out and Balo in.

Suarez took this average team and made them world class. Balo isn't a 20th of the player Suarez is so can't do it. So guess what happens? Everyone says 'problems lie deeper', or 'it's the whole team not just Balo' - problem is there's not much difference in personnel. Except that one vital change.

And Liverpool are a completely different team for it.

Sorry chaps, it's not deeper than than that. Balo is utter rubbish, with a stinking attitude.

A Twitter account even surfaced questioning whether Rodgers really is as good as the likes of Shankley, or if he's just mediocrity artificially raised last season by the genius of Suarez.

As for your comment, can you name a single winning goal from him last season other than Bologna?

+Quote Post

Danny
post Nov 2 2014, 12:52 PM
Post #216

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 1 2014, 06:48 PM) *

You know you're a flop when all you can do is score in the Cup. He does have one goal. Scored V Swansea in the cup.

Safe to say social media had a good chuckle at that one.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 2 2014, 02:52 PM
Post #217

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Nov 2 2014, 12:51 PM) *
He had 7 touches or so in the second half in the opposition half.

Thing is, the only literal difference between Liverpool this season and last has been Suarez out and Balo in.

Suarez took this average team and made them world class. Balo isn't a 20th of the player Suarez is so can't do it. So guess what happens? Everyone says 'problems lie deeper', or 'it's the whole team not just Balo' - problem is there's not much difference in personnel. Except that one vital change.

And Liverpool are a completely different team for it.

Sorry chaps, it's not deeper than than that. Balo is utter rubbish, with a stinking attitude.

A Twitter account even surfaced questioning whether Rodgers really is as good as the likes of Shankley, or if he's just mediocrity artificially raised last season by the genius of Suarez.

As for your comment, can you name a single winning goal from him last season other than Bologna?

I'd buy into that if Liverpool hadn't spent a good few games at the start of last season without Suarez and they were still good and winning games without him.

They're just not producing the same type of football that they were last season. Gerrard has been utter p!sh as you Scots would say in every game I've watched this season (and I watched quite a few to see how Mario was getting on)

The speed and zest that was in Liverpool's game last season is just not there, irrespective of whether Suarez was on the pitch last season or not, or whether Balo is there or not this season.

Granted, imo he just does not fit into the way they play, he's just too static as a player while Suarez is usually all over the place (which is also what I think is his current problem at Barca as he's very restricted). Balo is imo a PART of the current problem at Liverpool, not the source though as you would like to paint it.

Practically every goal Balo scored for us last season won us points, it's not like we were free scoring, every goal we scored either got us a draw or a win in majority of the games. The penalties and free kicks he scored were always crucial.

And that's also a part of the problem he has at Liverpool, he can't even do this at this point

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Nov 2 2014, 03:55 PM
Post #218

Prima Squadra

Smalling stupidly got himself sent off in the first half. Now Sir Gio Agwhereoh makes it 1-0. 25 mins to go.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Nov 2 2014, 04:24 PM
Post #219

Prima Squadra

United's lowest points total through 10 games since 1986. Hiddink making records at an incredible rate.

EDIT: of course I mean van Gaal, not Hiddink. Sorry Gus.

and this is just sad.

(IMG:https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1cl09JIYAAtdrE.png)

This post has been edited by kurtsimonw: Nov 2 2014, 04:35 PM

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Nov 2 2014, 06:24 PM
Post #220

Prima Squadra

Vertonghen goes in 2 footed. Gets a yellow card. Benteke tries to win the ball back, kicks a player in the leg, gets sent off.

Referees. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Nov 2 2014, 06:47 PM
Post #221

Prima Squadra

Screw job of hilarious proportions. Ref fucks up and it's cost us 4 games with Benteke getting a 3 game suspension.

+Quote Post

William405
post Nov 2 2014, 07:09 PM
Post #222

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

Yep, watched the match..sucks to lose like this.

Harry Kane must have the coolest name in football though.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Nov 2 2014, 07:46 PM
Post #223

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 2 2014, 01:52 PM) *
I'd buy into that if Liverpool hadn't spent a good few games at the start of last season without Suarez and they were still good and winning games without him.

They're just not producing the same type of football that they were last season. Gerrard has been utter p!sh as you Scots would say in every game I've watched this season (and I watched quite a few to see how Mario was getting on)

The speed and zest that was in Liverpool's game last season is just not there, irrespective of whether Suarez was on the pitch last season or not, or whether Balo is there or not this season.

Granted, imo he just does not fit into the way they play, he's just too static as a player while Suarez is usually all over the place (which is also what I think is his current problem at Barca as he's very restricted). Balo is imo a PART of the current problem at Liverpool, not the source though as you would like to paint it.

Practically every goal Balo scored for us last season won us points, it's not like we were free scoring, every goal we scored either got us a draw or a win in majority of the games. The penalties and free kicks he scored were always crucial.

And that's also a part of the problem he has at Liverpool, he can't even do this at this point

They weren't impressive at the start of last season, they were, however, winning more than they lost, true. But when Suarez came back he elevated them way beyond this - that mashing of Arsenal especially highlighted how strong he made them.

And now today Rodgers has admitted his side can't cope without him (and Sturridge).

It really boils down to a player or two here or there, and not the deeper meaning you're contriving.

But yes, Gerrard is finished - he was finished the moment he slipped last season.

More or less the same team minus Suarez (and Sturridge), and minus last season's Gerrard, plus nowadays' Balotelli - same tactics aren't working, same formation isn't. No sh*t, Brendan.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Nov 7 2014, 12:09 AM
Post #224

Prima Squadra

Delph apparently not going to sign a new deal. Pretty disgraceful really. We stick with him for 3 years of some of the worst performances I've ever seen in a Villa shirt and even give him a new contract. Now he's had a good 6 months and says he's leaving.

I'd sit him in the reserves for the rest of the season and ruin his England career. No first team football between now and the middle of August won't do him any good.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Nov 7 2014, 02:34 AM
Post #225

Allievi Nazionali

No offence Kurt but loyalty and football don't exist. Villa are diabolical and he clearly sees a chance to get a better deal and team.

I've been through it a million times - Steven Naismith - spent 3 years on the Ibrox treatment room, we stuck by him through the dark times, but when the Club went into admin he was away with no hint of loyalty, while saying Rangers were dead.

And now we have young Lewis Macleod, saying all the right things, our best player, just got called up to Scotland, but I wouldn't be one bit shocked if he left in January. After all, it would be to a better league and probably more pay.

I'm used to being stabbed in the back by these guys. Over, and over again.

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 05:29 AM