Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bonera, Daniele Bonera

Danny
post Dec 23 2013, 11:42 PM
Post #106

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

I don't think any of us saw a run like this coming from Bonera.

He has been, frankly, outstanding recently - one of our best players and definitely the best V Inter. I didn't see him coming back to this effect, but honestly he's better now than he's ever been - his positional sense has vastly improved, his timing is better, he's SO much better in the air than he used to be, and he even shows composure and class on the ball now.

And skill...

I didn't see this coming, but as long as he keeps this level up, Mexes has his work cut out to get back in.

Maybe he's simply improved with age. Who knows.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Dec 24 2013, 07:48 AM
Post #107

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

I believe the lack of quality makes him shine like that

+Quote Post

Danny
post Dec 24 2013, 11:39 AM
Post #108

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Dec 24 2013, 06:48 AM) *
I believe the lack of quality makes him shine like that

So you think all of Mexes, Zapata and Silvestre are inferior players?

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Dec 24 2013, 12:21 PM
Post #109

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

Bonera has been doing recently what I suppose we all hoped when we signed him. He was a decent enough Serie A defender that was signed to fill in if a starter needed a rest/injury and to do a job. That's exactly what he's been doing.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 24 2013, 12:23 PM
Post #110

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

I think he meant overall. But yes, all of them lack the true qualities of an all round Italian defender. Bonera used to be Italy's big hope, and he had the luck to play along Billy, Sandro and Paolo. So he did learn a few tricks here and there. That's what makes him now so different.

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Dec 24 2013, 07:45 PM
Post #111

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,388

Agree with both Kurt and Simone.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Dec 26 2013, 04:38 AM
Post #112

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

Tbh..I don't give a damn right now about potential and capability and class. Under Allegri that just doesn't seem to have mattered.

What I care about is form. And going by that, Bonera is quite possibly our best player right now.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Dec 26 2013, 10:14 AM
Post #113

Smoking Bianco

Opinions change so fast, in the space of three months, Bonera moved from then player 'some' wrote on a list for out-going players, today he is being considered as our best.

The ruler is straight like that (IMG:style_emoticons/default/innocent.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 26 2013, 10:57 AM
Post #114

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Dec 26 2013, 10:14 AM) *
Opinions change so fast, in the space of three months, Bonera moved from then player 'some' wrote on a list for out-going players, today he is being considered as our best.

Let's wait until he has one of his horror shows and he'll be back on the out-going list so fast for people it will make your head spin

For me Bonera is still the same player he was just a month ago and just last season. He's a good rotation player to have in case of injuries but you simply cannot rely on him as a starter because you will get burned sooner rather than later, yes he's currently on form but I'm usually just waiting for that mistake to happen during a game which is why I don't really trust him

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Dec 26 2013, 11:16 AM
Post #115

Smoking Bianco

QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 26 2013, 01:57 PM) *
but I'm usually just waiting for that mistake to happen during a game which is why I don't really trust him

If only you could see Monto in the same light (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 26 2013, 01:23 PM
Post #116

Primavera
Group Icon

Indeed.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 26 2013, 02:08 PM
Post #117

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Dec 26 2013, 11:16 AM) *
If only you could see Monto in the same light (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

When does Monto make mistakes that cost us games?

+Quote Post

Danny
post Dec 26 2013, 02:35 PM
Post #118

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Dec 26 2013, 09:14 AM) *

Because, in my humble opinion, he isn't the same Bonera he was 3 months ago.

He used to be clumsy, he used to have little positional sense, he lacked composure on the ball, and he made errors.

Nowadays he is none of these things. He's a different player, and he's done it now consistently for the past 6 games. If it had been one match, sure I'd have ignored it as a blip. 2 matches, borderline same. 3 matches...hmmm....4 matches...this guy is showing real form and consistency. 6 matches down the line and he's actually getting better.

Like Jack (and myself) says, it's about form. And he's on a hot streak which makes him first-choice for the foreseeable future. Either that is a temporary bizarre spike of form, or he's not the same player. Given it's 6 impressive displays, I opt for the latter.

It'll be a Rami/Bonera central defence January onwards imo.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Dec 26 2013, 02:38 PM
Post #119

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Dec 24 2013, 11:21 AM) *
Bonera has been doing recently what I suppose we all hoped when we signed him. He was a decent enough Serie A defender that was signed to fill in if a starter needed a rest/injury and to do a job. That's exactly what he's been doing.

No he hasn't, he's been our best player. We didn't expect that when we signed him from Parma. And he hasn't been anything like our best player in the years we've had him.

Suddenly, right now, he's surpassed even De Jong as our most consistent impressive player.

We signed him as a squad player. All he's ever been. Till the past 6 matches where he's clearly taken Mexes' slot - initially out of necessity, but now out of sheer form. And deservedly so.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 26 2013, 06:08 PM
Post #120

Primavera
Group Icon

Then you don't know Bonera that good.

First of all, I don't believe a player can change over the course of 3 months. Certainly not an 32 year old veteran.

But the thing is, this display he's showing isn't out of character at all. He's been good for us in the past as well, his problem always was consistency: his good run eventually got stopped by an injury or a horror performance. And he really had a few of those as well.

What's different now? Firstly, he has less competition. Secondly, he's been played as CB and not as an LB or RB. And thirdly, ever since Nesta left we've been lacking that type of Italian allround defender. Now Bonera is not even near to Sandro, but in a world of Barzagli's and Zapata's, he's a rare breed.

So I'm giving him the benefit of a doubt. I'll watch him closely, praise or criticize when necessary. But we shouldn't jump the conclusions and say he's a new man now.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 04:51 AM