> Serie A - Week 2 - Cesena - Milan, Date: 11/09/10 Time: 2045 CET

Dracoris
post Sep 7 2010, 09:39 PM
Post #16

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,716

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 7 2010, 04:26 PM) *
Seedorf might miss the game against Cesena as he's been training apart these last few days due to some minor injury. Allegri should be playing instead of him one between Gattuso and Boateng.

Link

Not really liking the pace of injuries so far. The season has barely started and we've already got Zambro, Flamini and Seedorf out. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

At least its all minor knocks and nothing too serious yet. We'll see how long that lasts.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 7 2010, 09:41 PM
Post #17

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Dracoris @ Sep 7 2010, 10:39 PM) *
At least its all minor knocks and nothing too serious yet. We'll see how long that lasts.

Well, Seedorf should recover for Auxerre, but Zambro and Flamini have been out for quite a while now.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Sep 7 2010, 11:22 PM
Post #18

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

For viewers in the UK with any provider who carry ESPN, ESPN will be on air free of charge this weekend including HD meaning this match will be live for all Sky, Virgin Media etc customers whether subscribed to ESPN or not.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 8 2010, 09:11 AM
Post #19

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Sep 7 2010, 08:02 PM) *
So Zambrotta is an attacking FB?

Bonera has been playing good as RB, so it makes sense to play him again as RB. I don't see why he should be benched for someone who just came back from an injury (if he can play).

Zambrotta is clearly not the player he used to be, but he's still a natural FB, which means he knows how to make over lapping runs and cross, while Bonera usually gets stuck when he passes the half way line.

And if Zambro's fit to play, I'd pick him over Bonera any day of the week, because he's a lot better then Bonera.

Bonera gives us defensive stability (Zambro is just as good on the defensive front) but he offers nothing going forward. Pato has no outlet with him there, while Zambrotta would provide more support.

+Quote Post

Lumeci
post Sep 8 2010, 10:24 AM
Post #20

Pulcini 99

Member No.: 6,788

when will the training with full squad begin after the international break, and where is ronaldinho did he only trained in gym or what?

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Sep 8 2010, 11:08 AM
Post #21

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,230

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 8 2010, 09:11 AM) *
Zambrotta is clearly not the player he used to be, but he's still a natural FB, which means he knows how to make over lapping runs and cross, while Bonera usually gets stuck when he passes the half way line.

And if Zambro's fit to play, I'd pick him over Bonera any day of the week, because he's a lot better then Bonera.

Bonera gives us defensive stability (Zambro is just as good on the defensive front) but he offers nothing going forward. Pato has no outlet with him there, while Zambrotta would provide more support.

Zambrotta used to be a much better fullback than Bonera, but the difference between the two isn't really that big nowadays. Both don't add much going forward, but it's not true Bonera adds nothing in that, just like Zambrotta not much. We already play with a leftback that adds a lot in attacking, but defensively Antonini isn't the best fullback. And since we don't got another fullback that can defend and attack well, most important is that the rightback can defend. We also play with three forwards, they can support eachother also. The formation is attacking.

Bonera played good last match and in pre-season as rightback, also his passing was good. I don't buy it he adds completely nothing attacking and that he gets usually stuck when he passes the half way line. I can't say Zambrotta has impressed me obvious more as rightback than Bonera nowadays. Bonera is doing a good job as rightback at the moment. I think he deserves a fair chance, surely since Zambrotta is still recovering or has just recovered from his injury. Let's bring Zambrotta slowly with subs, as long both Antonini and Bonera can play and play well.

+Quote Post

Kourosh
post Sep 8 2010, 02:00 PM
Post #22

Pulcini Provinciali 98

Member No.: 7,695

Looks like Robinho will stay on the bench in this match. Logical choice, I say.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 8 2010, 02:17 PM
Post #23

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Sep 8 2010, 11:08 AM) *
Zambrotta used to be a much better fullback than Bonera, but the difference between the two isn't really that big nowadays. Both don't add much going forward, but it's not true Bonera adds nothing in that, just like Zambrotta not much. We already play with a leftback that adds a lot in attacking, but defensively Antonini isn't the best fullback. And since we don't got another fullback that can defend and attack well, most important is that the rightback can defend. We also play with three forwards, they can support eachother also. The formation is attacking.

Bonera played good last match and in pre-season as rightback, also his passing was good. I don't buy it he adds completely nothing attacking and that he gets usually stuck when he passes the half way line. I can't say Zambrotta has impressed me obvious more as rightback than Bonera nowadays. Bonera is doing a good job as rightback at the moment. I think he deserves a fair chance, surely since Zambrotta is still recovering or has just recovered from his injury. Let's bring Zambrotta slowly with subs, as long both Antonini and Bonera can play and play well.

Zambrotta has barely played any matches since preseason started. So obviously Bonera has had a lot of time to play there. Yes Zambrotta's attacking game has gone downhill, but the fact that it's his natural position gives him the advantage as he's more comfortable playing there. He knows how to make the overlapping runs, something Bonera doesn't do, is a better crosser of the ball, and defensively, both are on par. That's why I'd choose Zambro.

Look at Bonera's Lecce game, yes he didn't put a foot wrong, but do I think we could have pushed a lot more on that right side had we had a FB playing there instead of a CB? YES!

The attacking LB/ defensive RB argument isn't really all that strong. Yes it makes sense, but most top clubs have attacking FBs on both sides of the pitch ex. Barca (Abidal/Adriano & Alves), Chelsea (Cole & Bosingwa), etc. Antonini isn't as defensively weak as you make him out to be. Last season he wasn't just one of our best players simply because of the runs he makes.

I agree that easing him in might be a better idea because of his injury and because there is Bonera there is no rush to put him in the starting 11. But I personally want him to be our starting RB this season, not Bonera.

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Sep 8 2010, 02:39 PM
Post #24

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,230

Put Zambrotta on RB and we still don't got two attacking FBs on two sides. That natural position thing is not important and not even true. Zambrotta isn't a natural FB, he used to be a wide midfielder or so. How many players are awesome at a position that isn't their natural's? It matters how good you play on a position, not for how long or so. I'm not sure Zambrotta is still a better crosser than Bonera, I can't remember too many good crosses from Zambrotta last season.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 8 2010, 03:02 PM
Post #25

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Sep 8 2010, 02:39 PM) *
Put Zambrotta on RB and we still don't got two attacking FBs on two sides. That natural position thing is not important and not even true. Zambrotta isn't a natural FB, he used to be a wide midfielder or so. How many players are awesome at a position that isn't their natural's? It matters how good you play on a position, not for how long or so. I'm not sure Zambrotta is still a better crosser than Bonera, I can't remember too many good crosses from Zambrotta last season.

It's not about the attacking fullback, it't about having options on the right, if Pirlo wants to put a ball through that side, Zambro knows how to make that run, if Pato needs more support Zambro can make overlapping runs to help him. And Bonera's crossing is just non-existant, he crossed like 2 balls against Lecce, both were flat and didn't go anywhere. Zambrotta is obviously the better one at it.

Zambrotta started out on the wing, but most players don't start out in the position they make their name playing in. Lippi move him to LB/RB and that's History, he became on of the best FB during his time. Bonera is a decent RB against so and so opposition always has been, his best position, given some continuaty in it, is at CB, no compeition. His 06/07 season with Milan was great and that was while playing at CB. Not at RB. He only played there on occasion, then he got sent off vs Juve and he never played there again, until this season because Zambro's been injured and Oddo's barely a player anymore.

+Quote Post

abanovac
post Sep 8 2010, 03:05 PM
Post #26

Pulcini 99

Member No.: 7,704

i think they meant binho and not dinho.
why the hell would they play ronnie ahead of robinho

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 8 2010, 03:07 PM
Post #27

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (abanovac @ Sep 8 2010, 03:05 PM) *
i think they meant binho and not dinho.
why the hell would they play ronnie ahead of robinho

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

Because Ronnie has been in great form and is our only playmaker in the attack, while Robinho and Pato offer similar outcomes...

Robinho will be rotated with all 3. We have a monster schedule coming up. Don't worry he'll get a lot of minutes

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Sep 9 2010, 01:15 AM
Post #28

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,660

I'd play this:

------Abbiati---

Bonera-Nesta-Silva-Antonini

--Gattuso-Pirlo-Ambrosini

-Pato----Ibra---Dinho

I'd swap gattuso with seedorf if he's fit. IMO we need to keep the line up as constitent as possible because we have a champions league match mid week. No use throwing someone like Zamb/flamini in there when they haven't played in a few weeks and will take 1 or 2 matches to get adjusted.

+Quote Post

abanovac
post Sep 9 2010, 07:17 AM
Post #29

Pulcini 99

Member No.: 7,704

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 9 2010, 12:07 AM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

Because Ronnie has been in great form and is our only playmaker in the attack, while Robinho and Pato offer similar outcomes...

Robinho will be rotated with all 3. We have a monster schedule coming up. Don't worry he'll get a lot of minutes

yeah i hope so (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 9 2010, 12:53 PM
Post #30

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

On Sportmediaset you can check the probable line-ups of every game, constantly being updated. Regarding our game, it looks like Nesta had a minor injury and should probably skip the trip altogether for precaution. Seedorf isn't feeling well either, so he should start from the bench.

We should probably play like this: Abbiati, Sokratis, T. Silva, Bonera, Antonini; Pirlo, Boateng, Ambrosini; Ronaldinho, Pato, Ibrahimovic.

I really don't think Allegri will field all of the "Fantastic 4" at once, that would be too much risky.

+Quote Post

28 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 04:23 PM