> [CL] Champions League 2014-15

Danny
post Nov 26 2014, 10:47 PM
Post #181

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 26 2014, 09:18 PM) *
Watching Juve play is a delight. Not only for the fast and attractive football, but also because everyone runs like a damned and sacrifices himself for the team, showing an admirable altruistic spirit. Compare that to how we play, where everyone runs at the pace of a snail, and individualism reigns high, and you get a clear picture of how many worlds apart we are.

And yet...Allegri's their manager. Just thought I'd throw that in there...

As of yet he has not destroyed them, in fact he's arguably improved them.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 26 2014, 11:01 PM
Post #182

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Danny @ Nov 26 2014, 10:47 PM) *

Improved? Nah, Juve have been like this for the past two years. Like you said, he hasn't destroyed them, which is an achievement for Mr. Antifootball.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 27 2014, 01:41 PM
Post #183

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Danny @ Nov 26 2014, 10:47 PM) *

Juve are still playing the same way now as they did when Conte was there.

He hasn't improved them imo. They're top of the league as we all expected they would be given the quality they have compared to the other teams in the league and they're still terrible in Europe when faced with a mildly difficult opponent.

As x-off said, at least he didn't take them backwards, I wonder how he does long-term there if they start losing their best players.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 27 2014, 01:51 PM
Post #184

Even if the quality of the league was higher, Juve would still be first. They are really good. That midfield (Pirlo, Pogba, Marchisio and Vidal) is pure class, one of the best in Europe. Then they've got pretty decent defenders in Chiellini, Lichtsteiner and Bonucci (who has improved significantly over the last couple of years), as well a top striker in Tevez. There are very few things they lack. Perhaps a quality striker to pair with Tevez, but I think Morata has all the potential to fill that void.

I really hope they beat Atletico with a 2+ goal difference and top the group. The truth is I don't like them in general, but in Europe I'm always supporting Italian clubs. Even if I don't want to, something inside of me that makes me want to support them.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Nov 27 2014, 02:07 PM
Post #185

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Yes, agreed. Inter being my exception sometimes.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 27 2014, 03:30 PM
Post #186

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 27 2014, 01:51 PM) *
Even if the quality of the league was higher, Juve would still be first. They are really good. That midfield (Pirlo, Pogba, Marchisio and Vidal) is pure class, one of the best in Europe. Then they've got pretty decent defenders in Chiellini, Lichtsteiner and Bonucci (who has improved significantly over the last couple of years), as well a top striker in Tevez. There are very few things they lack. Perhaps a quality striker to pair with Tevez, but I think Morata has all the potential to fill that void.

I really hope they beat Atletico with a 2+ goal difference and top the group. The truth is I don't like them in general, but in Europe I'm always supporting Italian clubs. Even if I don't want to, something inside of me that makes me want to support them.

Which further makes the point, that it's hard for Allegri to really mess up with them as the quality of the league is that much inferior to them. Last season they were already running away with it during this period IIRC

Still, they're chokers in Europe and I don't think they'd really find it as easy if the league were actually competitive and the other big clubs had any actual quality. Right not their direct competition being Roma, who are also perennial chokers domestically as well speaks for itself

+Quote Post

Danny
post Nov 27 2014, 04:13 PM
Post #187

Allievi Nazionali

Neil Lennon's Celtic. 3 SPL titles in a row, and year-on-year qualification to CL group stage.

Under their new manager Deila and no player losses, they took till the most recent match to finally go top on goal difference, and lost 6-1 on aggregrate to Legia Warsaw before being comically reinstated then losing their next match anyway.

A new manager can indeed ruin a well-established team and the SPL isn't exactly Serie A...

This post has been edited by Danny: Nov 27 2014, 04:13 PM

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 27 2014, 04:27 PM
Post #188

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Nov 27 2014, 04:13 PM) *
Neil Lennon's Celtic. 3 SPL titles in a row, and year-on-year qualification to CL group stage.

Under their new manager Deila and no player losses, they took till the most recent match to finally go top on goal difference, and lost 6-1 on aggregrate to Legia Warsaw before being comically reinstated then losing their next match anyway.

A new manager can indeed ruin a well-established team and the SPL isn't exactly Serie A...

Just like a great manager can make an average team look unstoppable (Conte/Simeone)

Listen, all scenraio's can apply in different specific situations.

But with Juve what we're seeing is basically the same thing we saw with Conte, Allegri has said so himself that he does not want to rock the boat (so to speak) and change things too much. But fact is, he has a team that is heads and shoulders above the rest of the league both in terms of quality and morale.

I've said from day 1 that if the Juve management don't sell their star players then I personally still see Juve sweeping all before them domestically no matter who's coaching them

Allegri's only real test at Juve imo is the CL, he needs to get them past the last 16 and have a good quarter final showing in order to improve on what Conte did, because domestically there really isn't much else to do considering he took over a record breaking team and the rest of the league is what it is

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Nov 27 2014, 04:30 PM
Post #189

Primavera
Group Icon

I think you guys are going in circles.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 27 2014, 05:06 PM
Post #190

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 27 2014, 04:30 PM) *

That's the leitmotif of this forum. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 27 2014, 05:52 PM
Post #191

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 27 2014, 04:30 PM) *

What's new? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Nov 27 2014, 05:57 PM
Post #192

Primavera
Group Icon

You're both right, which per se isn't new (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 10 2014, 10:31 PM
Post #193

Primavera
Group Icon

No one watching CL or?

Typical Roma display. Garcia playing with stupid tactical schemes and their loser mentality once again prevailing. Not good for Italy; second year in a row we got reduced to Juventus.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Dec 10 2014, 10:55 PM
Post #194

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Dec 10 2014, 10:31 PM) *
No one watching CL or?

Typical Roma display. Garcia playing with stupid tactical schemes and their loser mentality once again prevailing. Not good for Italy; second year in a row we got reduced to Juventus.

Roma are plain chokers! That's why no matter how many people try to talk them up for the title I know for a fact that they won't really put up a challenge for the title. Juve will just mosey on to it without much trouble or fan fair

With regards to the CL, well, typical of Italian teams in the past few years really, and with only Juve there who unless are really lucky an get and easy draw, it will be another no-show for Italy in the QFs

At least we have some very strong teams in the EL and most of them should really mount a good challenge for it. The only way to try and gain ground on Germany is to do it how they did, through the UEFA Cup/EL

+Quote Post

Danny
post Dec 10 2014, 11:10 PM
Post #195

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Dec 10 2014, 09:31 PM) *
No one watching CL or?

I was watching Zlatan.

+Quote Post

32 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 07:01 AM